Page 130 of 178 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

  1. #3226
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quick question. If say the Pacers win Scola in the waiver process, say for 4mil, do they get him the for the length of his contract or just this season?

    He is/was signed through the 2015 season. If you can lock up Scola for 3-4mil per year, for the next 3 seasons, it's a no brainer. For me anyways.
    full length.
    i'm not sure about the 3rd year, since Scola's 3rd year is non-guaranteed (or rather, there's a very tiny guarantee).

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:


  3. #3227
    billbradley
    Guest

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quick question. If say the Pacers win Scola in the waiver process, say for 4mil, do they get him the for the length of his contract or just this season?

    He is/was signed through the 2015 season. If you can lock up Scola for 3-4mil per year, for the next 3 seasons, it's a no brainer. For me anyways.
    So, we had a little over 10 million to spend, we cut a little over 5 from the trade and a little over 3 million if we can dump Tyler in DJ trade or anything. So would that be about 18?

    Then 4 for DJ (maybe) 4 Mahimni, 3 for Green.

    So we could bid 5 on Scola or Brand?

    Hill / DJ / Lance
    PG / Green / Lance
    Danny / PG
    West / Scola / Pendergraph
    Hibby / Mahinmi / Plum

    That is a squad.
    Last edited by billbradley; 07-12-2012 at 12:26 PM.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to billbradley For This Useful Post:


  5. #3228

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I may be in the minority, but I would have rather claimed Darko off waivers than done the Mahinmi deal.
    Depends on his mindset. I have heard he is very down on even wanting to play in the NBA any more.

    Talent-wise 2 years ago he did some stuff when given the opportunity. Not play equal to his salary, but well worth a amnesty discounted salary.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  7. #3229
    billbradley
    Guest

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I may be in the minority, but I would have rather claimed Darko off waivers than done the Mahinmi deal.
    I am NOT one of the people who think every guy on the team has to be a saint by any means, by I will never get over this...


  8. #3230
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,055
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, we had a little over 10 million to spend, we cut a little over 5 from the trade and a little 3 million if we can dump Tyler in DJ trade or anything. So would that be about 18?

    Then 4 for DJ (maybe) 4 Mahimni, 3 for Green.

    So we could bid 5 on Scola or Brand?

    Hill / DJ / Lance
    PG / Green / Lance
    Danny / PG
    West / Scola / Pendergraph
    Hibby / Mahinmi / Plum

    That is a squad.
    Wow so Scola got amnestied? that is super weird when did this happen.

    Also Green is more of a 3 instead of a 2,

    Thinking lineup would look more like:

    Hill/Lance
    PG/Lance/OJ
    Danny/Green
    West/Scola/Mahinmi
    Hibbert/Mahinmi/Plumlee

    I don't think we will have a shot at Scola or Brand if we sign DJ, most likely getting 6 from what I hear, so more like a little over 3, I doubt we get this done. Plus I see us signing OJ.
    Why so SERIOUS

  9. #3231
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,129

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is a squad.
    And a rather cheap one at that.

  10. #3232
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow so Scola got amnestied? that is super weird when did this happen.
    Not yet, it would (supposedly) be done if they trade for Dwight.

  11. #3233
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow so Scola got amnestied? that is super weird when did this happen.

    Also Green is more of a 3 instead of a 2,

    Thinking lineup would look more like:

    Hill/Lance
    PG/Lance/OJ
    Danny/Green
    West/Scola/Mahinmi
    Hibbert/Mahinmi/Plumlee

    I don't think we will have a shot at Scola or Brand if we sign DJ, most likely getting 6 from what I hear, so more like a little over 3, I doubt we get this done. Plus I see us signing OJ.
    I would rather sign Scola with the money we saved and get a guy like Felton or Watson instead of DJ(this coming from a huge fan of DJ love him on offense especially running PnRs) at pg.


    Our bench bigs were a huge reason we sucked in the playoffs adding a guy as good as West on offense in Scola to the bench would be a major upgrade. I hope we bid 5m-7m

  12. #3234
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,598

    Default

    @WojYahooNBA: Blake Griffin hurt his knee in a Team USA scrimmage Wednesday and is returning to LA to be examined by team doctors, sources tell Y! Sports.

    @WojYahooNBA: USA Basketball has summoned Anthony Davis to report to Las Vegas for training camp immediately, sources tell Y! Sports.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  13. #3235
    Flipped Off The Refs Larry Staverman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    515
    Mood

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @WojYahooNBA: Blake Griffin hurt his knee in a Team USA scrimmage Wednesday and is returning to LA to be examined by team doctors, sources tell Y! Sports.

    Good thing he just banked that $95 million contract extension!

    I mean for him not the Clippers!

  14. #3236
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,580

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    I love how ESPN is basically taking potshots at us now, the front page story is how the mavs "fleeced" us....yay we made the news!

  15. #3237
    Member InYaFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Görmany
    Posts
    485

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Sorry when this was asked before, but why isn't Marshon Brooks playing at summerleague? He has 0 minutes in the boxscore. Do the nets still shopping him?

  16. #3238
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,703

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow so Scola got amnestied? that is super weird when did this happen.
    It is rumored but has not officially happened yet.

    Brand and Darko have officially been amnestied...but Scola has not been officially amnestied.

    The only reason to amnesty Scola is if the Rockets have a legitimate chance at getting Dwight or Bynum. At this point...who knows.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  17. #3239
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    @IAMAGM: Bulls talking to Timberwolves about swapping Kyle Korver for Luke Ridnour http://t.co/qSDX7mVW

    I don't know what Chicago is doing.

  18. #3240
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,703

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, we had a little over 10 million to spend, we cut a little over 5 from the trade and a little over 3 million if we can dump Tyler in DJ trade or anything. So would that be about 18?

    Then 4 for DJ (maybe) 4 Mahimni, 3 for Green.

    So we could bid 5 on Scola or Brand?

    Hill / DJ / Lance
    PG / Green / Lance
    Danny / PG
    West / Scola / Pendergraph
    Hibby / Mahinmi / Plum

    That is a squad.
    Are you sure you have the $$$ figures right?

    8 Players with 2012-2013 Guaranteed Salary ( Post-Trade )

    Granger - $13.058606 mil
    West - $10 mil
    PG - $2.57412 mil
    Hansbrough - $3.055259 mil
    Pendegraph - $1.5 mil
    Lance - $870k
    Green - $3 mil
    Mahinmi - $4 mil

    Total for 8 Players ( does not include Miles and Orlando ) - $38.057985 mil

    I'm not sure how much Miles and Orlando will likely make....any guesses? According to Shamsports, the 26th pick has a Cap hold of $890k.

    Assuming that GH and Hibbert have not signed yet...do they have Cap Holds that count toward our ability to make offers to other Players?

    I look on Shamsports andl see Cap Holds for Barbosa, Foster and Amundson. Have they been renounced yet?

    Are they considered Cap Holds that count against our Cap?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  19. #3241
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,703

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @IAMAGM: Bulls talking to Timberwolves about swapping Kyle Korver for Luke Ridnour http://t.co/qSDX7mVW

    I don't know what Chicago is doing.
    They need a backup PG that is cheap while making room for another Wing Man that they are likely pursuing?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  20. #3242
    Expect Delays blanket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,810

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by InYaFace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry when this was asked before, but why isn't Marshon Brooks playing at summerleague? He has 0 minutes in the boxscore. Do the nets still shopping him?
    Yep.

    http://www.foxsportsohio.com/07/11/1...50&feedID=3725

    The Nets are also said to be aggressively shopping second-year guard MarShon Brooks.
    I hope we are making calls to the Nets for Brooks.
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

  21. #3243
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They need a backup PG that is cheap while making room for another Wing Man that they are likely pursuing?
    Don't they already have Hinrich and the other point guard that played well for them last year?

  22. #3244

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by InYaFace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry when this was asked before, but why isn't Marshon Brooks playing at summerleague? He has 0 minutes in the boxscore. Do the nets still shopping him?
    Yes, they are still shopping him

    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...opping-brooks/
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  23. #3245
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,275
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am NOT one of the people who think every guy on the team has to be a saint by any means, by I will never get over this...

    Are the captions correct? Or is this someone playing a joke... I mean I know how Russian-esque languages sound angry...
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  24. #3246
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,275
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @WojYahooNBA: Blake Griffin hurt his knee in a Team USA scrimmage Wednesday and is returning to LA to be examined by team doctors, sources tell Y! Sports.

    @WojYahooNBA: USA Basketball has summoned Anthony Davis to report to Las Vegas for training camp immediately, sources tell Y! Sports.
    Sucks for Blake but what an opportunity to learn and grow for the Brow.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  25. #3247
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,703

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't they already have Hinrich and the other point guard that played well for them last year?
    Maybe they think of Hinrich as a SG instead of a PG

    All I care about is that the Bulls don't have old RatFace to get career highs against us anymore.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  26. #3248
    Member adamscb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Peoria, IL
    Age
    22
    Posts
    584

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am NOT one of the people who think every guy on the team has to be a saint by any means, by I will never get over this...

    the only "**** head" i see in that video is darko, the biggest bust in NBA history. what a waste.

  27. #3249
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,339

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Mary Schmitt Boyer/Tom Reed: Charlotte Observer reports ex #Cavs PG Ramon Sessions agrees to terms with CHAR. Contract prob won't be signed today because he's travelling Twitter

    http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

    I would expect Augustin to be made an UFA.

    I'd still rather have Delonte West.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  28. #3250

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @IAMAGM: Bulls talking to Timberwolves about swapping Kyle Korver for Luke Ridnour http://t.co/qSDX7mVW

    I don't know what Chicago is doing.


    Ridnour would be a nice pick up for the Bulls. He can play the SG as well.

    John Lucas III seemed to have played well for the Bulls last season. Is he still under contract?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2175
    Last Post: 08-25-2007, 06:50 PM
  2. Re: The Official JO trade rumors/speculation/discussion thread
    By Alpolloloco in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 02:56 PM
  3. Some Speculation
    By TheDon in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 03:20 AM
  4. speculation
    By microwave_oven in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 11:04 PM
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 06:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •