Page 129 of 178 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
    Brand link: http://on.nba.com/LK0tTj Again, Brand hopes not 2 b claimed at all. If that happened, wouldn't surprise if Nets/Spurs were on list.
    Of course he hopes not to be claimed. If no one claims him, he gets more money. He'll get $18 mill from Philly plus whatever he can sign for. And he'll get to choose where he goes. No one ever wants to get claimed when they're amnestied.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

I really hate these kind of reports that the players let float out there yeah it makes sense for them financially but to basically not make yourself available and more of this players choosing where they want to go (big market) pisses me off. I hope the bobcats or the wizards or some other terrible team claims him and he rots on the bench. Suck it up, you're already making 18 million ffs. I really hate the players with that kind of mentality.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:

assuming PG gets back... Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

After what happened today I really, really wish we were the ones that took on Jarrett Jack and his 5.5 mil expiring deal for free.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

assuming PG gets back... Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

This just makes me laugh

https://twitter.com/TimBontemps (NY Post writer)

MarShon Brooks on the trade talk going away: "Yeah, I’m happy. I like playing for Brooklyn. This is my team. It’s all I know. Honestly, I’m just happy it’s over with. I’m tired of watching SportsCenter and seeing my name with a different team every day."

Also, I broke the news to MarShon that the Nets had signed Jerry Stackhouse today, leading to this excellent response: I want to talk to Jerry. When I was young I went to a Hawks game and he didn’t sign my autograph. He told me no. I remember that."

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

I like what we have done with the bench so far, provided that Augustin deal doesn't get torpedoed by Charlotte (again)...

However I still would like to add a little extra to the bench and particularly at PF IF we still are sending Tyler out and not keeping Lou and Fes. Brand would be ideal, but we are going to be outbid probably, Scola or Heywood would each on their own also add something valuable to our bench, but I'm sure they will say they don't want to go a place like Indy and want to go to a place of their own choosing (Read: Miami, Brooklyn, New York, LA). I say "F*** that! Your a** is ours, Biyotch!!!" ... in less expletive terms to one of those guys and claim them . Who knows they might actually stick around after their contracts expire for a decent followup contract.

I assume they are UFA's and not RFA's when their contracts expire, right?
    Last edited by Mourning; 07-12-2012 at 05:29 AM.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Pacers still missing a player that can get his own shot.

Has to be more moves to come...or signings.
    Good point, I thought this was supposed to be the priority?

Our likely rotation right now:

Hibbert/Mahinmi/Pendergraph
    West/Plumlee/Hansbrough
    Granger/Green
    George/Johnson
    Hill/Stephenson

Assuming Hansbrough gets shipped out, and we bring in a backup PG like Augustin, that leaves backup SG for our shot creator guy. Maybe we shouldn't rule out Barbosa coming back just yet?

We actually still have a fair bit of cap space left, thanks to the salary dump of DC and D Jones. And we'd get a bit more if we do send Tyler out. As long as we sign other guys before Hibbert and Hill anyway.

EDIT:

Current cap space situation (roughly)

Granger $13m
    West $10m
    Hibbert $6.5m (cap hold)
    Hill $4m (cap hold)
    Mahinmi ~$4m
    Green ~$3m
    Hansbrough $3m
    George $2.5m
    Pendergraph $1.5m
    Plumlee ~$1m
    Stephenson $1m
    Johnson $0 (unsigned)

That's roughly $10.5m cap space to spend on backup PG and backup SG. If Hans goes out in S&T, that's roughly $13.5m available.
    Last edited by wintermute; 07-12-2012 at 06:32 AM.

If the Pacers can add Brand & either Felton/Augustine to the current moves the "impactful & deep second unit" talk from last year actually becomes reality instead of fiction. Not enough to get them over the hump but they will be a tough second round out for Miami or anybody else.

Gerald Green can get his own shot, I'm thinking alot folks didn't see him play the end of last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    Gerald Green can get his own shot, I'm thinking alot folks didn't see him play the end of last year.
    I did not see him play. All I know is that he put up some damn good numbers in a small amount of games. I like the signing, but I hope Green is still just as hungry after getting his contract and plays just as well for us.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

Flipped Off The Refs Larry Staverman's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    We actually still have a fair bit of cap space left, thanks to the salary dump of DC and D Jones. And we'd get a bit more if we do send Tyler out. As long as we sign other guys before Hibbert and Hill anyway.

EDIT:

Current cap space situation (roughly)

Granger $13m
    West $10m
    Hibbert $6.5m (cap hold)
    Hill $4m (cap hold)
    Mahinmi ~$4m
    Green ~$3m
    Hansbrough $3m
    George $2.5m
    Pendergraph $1.5m
    Plumlee ~$1m
    Stephenson $1m
    Johnson $0 (unsigned)

That's roughly $10.5m cap space to spend on backup PG and backup SG. If Hans goes out in S&T, that's roughly $13.5m available.

That cap space isn't going to be available for long because the agents for Hibbert and Hill are going to want to get those contracts signed pretty soon. We probably have a few more days to take care of business.

What I remember about Green is that he played Danny really well, Danny had to really give effort to try to get the better of Green. What happened, IIRC, Danny started playing really hard cuz Green was getting the better of him, then he drew some fouls on Green that slowed him down a bit, but honestly Green looked good, nice soft jumper, I know all the highlights are his dunks, but he has a really nice shot. He also is great sized and has the length to defend. I just think he's a great great pick up. If you didn't have the history to look at and had to evaluate Mayo and Green, I'd bet you'd take Green from a Basketball perspective, all things being equal.

Funny enough, I remember a similar impresson of Ian Miminmi, that he was super active, atheletic, and really had a prescence, out of control sometimes, but he was all over the place with his athleticism. Roy struggled with him until he got him to foul him, similar to the Granger thing above. I, too, was surprised his block numbers weren't higher. He's raw, but he has the tools to be a big who can really impact the game and he's 25, so ya I was surprised about the length and size of his contract, but if you can get him to 85% of his potential, he'll out earn it, big time, imo.

If Brand goes for less then 7 million I am going to be very upset with this Mahinmi trade...

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod Jones View Post
    If Brand goes for less then 7 million I am going to be very upset with this Mahinmi trade...
    The Mahinmi trade doesn't kill our chances of landing Brand, which is the reason we are trying to get augustin via trade

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Staverman View Post
    That cap space isn't going to be available for long because the agents for Hibbert and Hill are going to want to get those contracts signed pretty soon. We probably have a few more days to take care of business.
    You know, this could be the thing that is driving the trades. Would not be surprised that the Pacers and Hill/Hibbert have some kind of deadline to get the new contracts signed. Maybe the trades are trades that have to get done right away instead of waiting for a better deal to come along.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwalt72 View Post
    The Mahinmi trade doesn't kill our chances of landing Brand, which is the reason we are trying to get augustin via trade
    Mahinmi backs up Roy. Brand would backup West in theory. Elton probably wants to start though
    David "And One" West

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    Mahinmi backs up Roy. Brand would backup West in theory. Elton probably wants to start though
    Yep, doesn't really matter what Brand wants though.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Ozwalt72 For This Useful Post:

Dallas is going to bid a LOT for Brand because he has just one year on his contract and Cuban will spend anything this year to have space for next year.

Amnesty guys with more than one year left are our best bet. I would love to get Scola, if the Rockets amnesty him to get Howard, which has been speculated.
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 07-12-2012 at 09:53 AM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/0...-by-mavericks/
    Free-agent forward Elton Brand is hoping the Dallas Mavericks submit the winning bid for his services among eligible teams and claim him off of amnesty waivers, according to a source close to the 33-year-old. Brand was officially amnestied by the Philadelphia 76ers on Wednesday at 5 p.m., starting the 48-hour claim process in which teams that are under the salary cap can submit blind bids to claim him. The team that submits the highest bid gets the player....

....League sources indicated that at least three teams with room, the Cavaliers, Bucks and Raptors, would not be making bids on Brand. The Suns and Hornets were contemplating making a bid, according to other league sources. But teams are leery of making bids if Brand doesn’t want to play there.
    So it looks like we'll know something by 5pm on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post

I was surprised about the length and size of his contract,

So am I. He signed in 010 a 2 year minimum contract with Dallas that paid him $915,000 last year. Pacers sign him for 4 years at 4 mil a year! It's almost like they customed fitted Mahinmi's contract to get rid of DC & Dahntay. To me it was 1-1.5 mil too much and for a year too long. 3 mil for 3 years with the 3rd a TO or 2.5 mil with a straight 3 year contract should have been suffient. Hopefully, his contract has at least a 4th year Team Option.

I will say after researching him he's got some accomplishments in Europe and in the D league along with a NBA championship. I also didn't realize he was a #28 draft pick by the Spurs. I just figured he was a 2nd rd stashed Euro player. What bothers me is Buford and Pop let him go in 010 with the way they get production from low tier players.

Hopefully, he works out as a great b/u to Hibbert. That would be real nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Dallas is going to bid a LOT for Brand because he has just one year on his contract and Cuban will spend anything this year to have space for next year.

Amnesty guys with more than one year left are our best bet. I would love to get Scola, if the Rockets amnesty him to get Howard, which has been speculated.
    yep. that would be a major win.
    our bench scoring would go from a weakness to a major strength, and we already have the athletes to surround him with. He'd be getting 6th man votes next season.

Banned

Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon
    Chris Kaman said his decision came down to Dallas and Portland. Comfort level (Dirk) made the difference.

The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Banned

Roy Hibbert ‏@Hoya2aPacer
    Scola is to good of a player to be treated like that.

Lets hope Roy is recruiting him.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quick question. If say the Pacers win Scola in the waiver process, say for 4mil, do they get him the for the length of his contract or just this season?

He is/was signed through the 2015 season. If you can lock up Scola for 3-4mil per year, for the next 3 seasons, it's a no brainer. For me anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    I may be in the minority, but I would have rather claimed Darko off waivers than done the Mahinmi deal.