Page 119 of 178 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

  1. #2951
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Michael Cunningham (ajchawks) on Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by Twitter
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Michael Cunningham ‏@ajchawks
    Source says ‪#Hawks‬ had interest in ‪#Bulls‬ F Kyle Korver but he's likely headed to Minnesota in trade

  2. #2952
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's a solid all-rounder talent, but I think he duplicates what we already have in George Hill and Paul George a little too much. Supposedly we're after a scorer who can get his own shot - that's not Lee (nor Gerald Green for that matter).
    Ideally we'd get a creator, but I just don't see that happening. Second best thing is to make our bench better, and while Lee doesn't make it more versatile, he does make it higher quality.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  4. #2953
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    I think $6-7M per-year for Courtney Lee would be a massive overpay. My guess is he'll get a little more than what we gave Dahntay Jones -- probably $3.5-4M per-year.

  5. #2954
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,367

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Courtney Lee is likely to get a contract similar to Mayo's, IMO.
    If that is the case, I'd rather go after Mayo....but in all honesty...I don't see the Pacers wanting to pay that much for either of them.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  7. #2955
    Member pacers74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Plainfield
    Posts
    2,288

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Lou Williams got the MLE C.Lee should get less than Lou, so MLE should be his max at most.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to pacers74 For This Useful Post:


  9. #2956
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,377

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    I think Lance's recent performances have put a bit of pause in the TPTB when it comes to signing another wing player.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  10. #2957
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,631
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Lance's recent performances have put a bit of pause in the TPTB when it comes to signing another wing player.
    Except TPTB may still look at Lance as a PG. Regardless, he performed even better during his rookie year in summer league, so they shouldn't put too much faith into his abilities in ProAm/Summer League-type scenarios. We'll have to see though. I'm tired of having to wait for news. It's getting old. What could be taking so long?
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  11. #2958
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,109

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Lance's recent performances have put a bit of pause in the TPTB when it comes to signing another wing player.
    I hope you're wrong. While Lance's development is nice, we need PROVEN talent.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  13. #2959
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Nuggets could face competition to sign JaVale McGee from Blazers - The Denver Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Hochman
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you're clamoring for the Nuggets to make a deal, don't forget that the deals they made in the past 16 months have set up a potentially slow summer for the team.

    The Nuggets haven't been afraid to make a bold move they traded Nene, remember? But the Nuggets have 12 players under contract. That total doesn't include free-agent guard Andre Miller, who has accepted a three-year contract to stay with the team. NBA free agents can be signed starting Wednesday.

    The Nuggets are negotiating with JaVale McGee and his representatives to retain the 7-footer, who could receive a contract worth about $10 million per season.

    NBA teams are monitoring the movement of post players this summer. Orlando star Dwight Howard could be traded. That potential deal with Brooklyn may involve free-agent center Brook Lopez. Portland tried to acquire Roy Hibbert, but Indiana will match the Trail Blazers' offer and keep him. That means Portland could be in play for McGee.

    Denver's summer-league team will play its opener Saturday. First-round draft pick Evan Fournier of France is on the team, along with second-round picks Quincy Miller of Baylor and Izzet Turkyilmaz of Turkey.

  14. #2960
    Member swifty1812's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hartford City
    Posts
    24
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by imbtyler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Except TPTB may still look at Lance as a PG. Regardless, he performed even better during his rookie year in summer league, so they shouldn't put too much faith into his abilities in ProAm/Summer League-type scenarios. We'll have to see though. I'm tired of having to wait for news. It's getting old. What could be taking so long?

    Dwight Howard....

    I just wish Orlando could send him overseas, to play in Italy. Trade his contract for some sausage or wine.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swifty1812 For This Useful Post:


  16. #2961

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    After spending most of Tuesday negotiating with Rockets and Lakers, Orlando has re-engaged Brooklyn today, league sources tell Y! Sports.

  17. #2962

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If that is the case, I'd rather go after Mayo....but in all honesty...I don't see the Pacers wanting to pay that much for either of them.
    Lee can defend his position. Not sure Mayo can. Neither of them is a guy that seems to be worth more than MLE money. At least that's what it looks like so far. Lots of teams seem to like one or both of them, but don't see anyone making a serious offer for either. The longer this goes on, the more they both look like just another guy.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:


  19. #2963
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    @WojYahooNBA: Brooklyn's fully guaranteed the first 4 years, $58M of a max deal offer for Brook Lopez, sources tell Y! Sides still discussing 5th year.


  20. #2964

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Although the Rockets have succeeded in really screwing up the Bulls and Knicks SalaryCap in the near future.....they have swung and missed on both the top Free Agents that they went after.

    Lets just hope Houston doesn't decide to offer Hibbert a max.

  21. #2965
    Member tsm612's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Noblesville
    Posts
    426

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    After spending most of Tuesday negotiating with Rockets and Lakers, Orlando has re-engaged Brooklyn today, league sources tell Y! Sports.

  22. #2966
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,491

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Roy's contract looks better with every signing.

  23. #2967
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,367

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lets just hope Houston doesn't decide to offer Hibbert a max.
    You lost me....hasn't the Blazers offered the MAX and the Pacers scared them off by saying that they will match the MAX offer for him? It would make more sense for the Rockets to go pilfer McGee or Brook than it would be to go after Hibbert.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  24. #2968
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,631
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Hangtime Blog @NBA.com
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Best of the Rest

    HANG TIME NEW JERSEY – The moratorium period is over. Deron Williams has re-signed with the Nets, Steve Nash is now a member of the Los Angeles Lakers, and the Miami Heat have welcomed Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis as their newest role players on Wednesday morning.
    Other moves that have been unofficially reported over the last 10 days will officially announced in the coming hours and days. We might also find out where Dwight Howard is going to play next season!
    Almost all of the top talent is off the board, but there are still some good players available. Here’s a list of the top 10 free agents who have yet to reach an agreement on a new contract…

    1. Brook Lopez, C (Restricted)
    Lopez is at the center of the Howard trade talks. And if the Orlando Magic aren’t buying what the Nets are selling, Lopez is almost certainly heading to Brooklyn with Williams, Joe Johnson and Gerald Wallace. But according to a Yahoo! report late Tuesday, the details on Lopez’s contract haven’t been finalized, and another team (Charlotte, perhaps?) could step in and give him an offer sheet. So technically, he’s still on the board.

    2. Elton Brand, PF
    Brand is still on the Sixers roster, but reports say that Philly will waive him via the amnesty clause in order to sign Nick Young and trade for Dorell Wright. Even then, he probably won’t be a free agent, because teams with cap space will bid on the final year of his contract. But he’s a better get than everyone below, and he will have a new team in the next week or so.

    3. JaVale McGee, C (Restricted)
    McGee still hasn’t harnessed his freakish athleticism to become the elite defender that he really should be. If it ever clicks for McGee, it will probably happen in Denver. SI.com’s Sam Amick reported late Tuesday that the Nuggets and McGee were progressing on a new contract.

    4. Chris Kaman, C
    If Kaman is looking for a paycheck that’s anything close to what he made last season, he may have to take a short-term deal. His shooting percentage has dropped each of the last three years, down to 45 percent last year with the Hornets. He’s more skilled in the post than anybody on this list, but he’s got to be more efficient.

    5. Kris Humphries, PF
    Like Lopez, Humphries is linked to Howard. If they don’t get the three-time DPOY, the Nets aren’t as anxious to bring Humphries back as they are Lopez. But Humphries is likely their best option at power forward. Lopez needs a rebounder next to him, and Mirza Teletovic (who the Nets are signing from Europe) isn’t that.

    6. Courtney Lee, SG
    In order to make room for two restricted free agents they’ll probably not get, the Rockets withdrew their qualifying offer to Lee, making him unrestricted. Lee, who has shot better than 40 percent from 3-point range in three of his four seasons, likes the Celtics, but Boston doesn’t have the cap space to sign him outright. They might look to work out a sign-and-trade with Houston.

    7. Carl Landry, PF
    We haven’t heard much of anything about Landry of late. He’s not the rebounder that Humphries is, but he’s a better shooter and scorer.

    8. Robin Lopez, C
    If you need a big body to defend and rebound, the lesser Lopez brother could be your guy.

    9. Gerald Green, SF
    Signed out of the D-League after the All-Star break, Green was a revelation for the Nets last season, averaging 12.9 points on 48 percent shooting. The Nets would love to have him back, but can only offer him $1.2 million for next season.



    10. O.J. Mayo, SG
    The Grizzlies never presented Mayo with a qualifying offer, so he’s been unrestricted from the get-go. Yet, while Memphis has replaced him with Jerryd Bayless, Mayo is still out there. He’s more explosive than Lee, but not as efficient. Phoenix (once the Hornets match on Eric Gordon) and Dallas could be appropriate landing spots.
    Good information, but I'm focused on Green, since Mayo is being recruited by Phoenix and Dallas, and Lee is looking at Boston. If Brooklyn only has $1.2m to give to Green, I think offering him a $2.5m contract would be enough to entice him. He's already said that he'd take less to stay with the Nets, but BKN only has $1.2m to sign several more players at minimum. Green could easily slip to us, but I won't be surprised (just majorly disappointed) if we end up passing on him like we did Perry Jones.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imbtyler For This Useful Post:


  26. #2969
    Enjoying the Show BrownBearCoffee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Age
    28
    Posts
    385
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
    Source close to process says Portland & Charlotte have indeed told Brook Lopez they're ready to sign him today to four-year max offer sheet

  27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BrownBearCoffee For This Useful Post:


  28. #2970
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,631
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by BrownBearCoffee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
    Source close to process says Portland & Charlotte have indeed told Brook Lopez they're ready to sign him today to four-year max offer sheet
    If Lopez did so, wouldn't that almost immediately eliminate Brooklyn from the Dwight Sweepstakes? That's exactly what we need: more drama, lasting more time.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imbtyler For This Useful Post:


  30. #2971
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,491

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    So Orlando has to move DHo, today, if they want Lopez as the compensation, interesting. I'd do anything to get Andrew Bynum instead if I was Orlando, but we'll see.

  31. #2972
    Enjoying the Show BrownBearCoffee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Age
    28
    Posts
    385
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by imbtyler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Lopez did so, wouldn't that almost immediately eliminate Brooklyn from the Dwight Sweepstakes? That's exactly what we need: more drama, lasting more time.
    Yeah, it would instantly kill the trade.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to BrownBearCoffee For This Useful Post:


  33. #2973
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,965

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    I think that would be awesome to be honest. That takes a lot of potential punch out of New Jersey IMHO and he's very likely to be dealt to a Western Conference team, so IF we face him in the playoffs it will only be in the playoffs. It also makes life better for Roy as one of his worst matchups for the postseason is far away.


    Also someone mentioned Courtney Lee getting 3.5-4.0 mln a year. I don't think so. I think he will atleast commit 5.0 mln. Whether he's worth it is something entirely differen. Not sure IF I'm enthousiastic about him and his opinion on Indy. I would wish we focus a decent amount towards our bid on Brand, because we all know Cuban is going to make atleast a decent bid on Brand aswell. Who else knows who will put in a bid. IF we get him our chances of giving him a new contract next year also improve, which is something I wouldn't mind.
    Last edited by Mourning; 07-11-2012 at 02:03 PM.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  34. #2974
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,491

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    This may be as good as Orlando can get right now, I'd probably not trade him, yet. I'd rather start from scratch than be tied to Lopez as my max player. Doesn't Brian Shaw have to think twice about even taking that job, if the team's horrible.

  35. #2975
    Enjoying the Show BrownBearCoffee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Age
    28
    Posts
    385
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Plus Gordon was supposed to sign his offer sheet this morning, so it's interesting there has been no news on that. Probably won't hear a thing on Mayo until that gets completed.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2175
    Last Post: 08-25-2007, 06:50 PM
  2. Re: The Official JO trade rumors/speculation/discussion thread
    By Alpolloloco in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 02:56 PM
  3. Some Speculation
    By TheDon in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 03:20 AM
  4. speculation
    By microwave_oven in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 11:04 PM
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 06:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •