Page 117 of 178 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    he's gonna end up in houston and will refuse to sign an extension which means more Dwight drama for a whole more year.
    I'ld rather have that than a super team in LA or Brooklyn...
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to J7F For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Really? Dallas.

You obviously didn't pay attention to his play last season.
    He played less than 10 minutes a game and averaged 5pts. Get out of here with that.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

I like that the Knicks are out to reprove that you can't buy a championship, no matter how much money you spend. This roster has Zeke's fingerprints all over it.... again. I hope the blue collar/team oriented Pacers destroy them in the playoffs next year.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Hold the damn phone.

Brook Lopez is getting the max? Roy Hibbert was a steal.
    They have overpaid Crash and will be deep into the LT after getting J.J and Dwill. You really think they would not spend all that and not have a C??

Kind of like Marc Gasol and the Grizz last year Grizz dont pay him they go from a great team to average without a way to add a C.

Lopez really had all the leverage they had no other option or the Nets would be left without a C. Not saying I agree with it but looking on how they have built that team it's not surprising.

Mood

Sports Logo

@imbtyler PS: @nbakev Should we expect any @Pacers news today? #PACERNATION is getting impatient.
    @nbakev @imbtyler STFU and get over it, ***** boy. #PACERNATION can keep waiting for NOTHING.
    #faketweets #thisishowifeeleveryday
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

Banned

Well so far we haven't address either one of our needs, backup PF/C? nope, an scoring off the bench player that can create? nope, a pass first point guard that can feed the post and create for others? nope, a defensive big man? nope.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors

The New York Knicks are going to let Landry Fields move on to the Toronto Raptors and not match the offer sheet. The team could use some wing players and according to Newsday, a source says one target is Dahntay Jones.

Jones is entering his final year under contract with the Indiana Pacers and he's set to make $2.9 million in 2012-13.

The Knicks are short on assets with all the trades they've done the last year and all they can really offer the Pacers is cap relief. The Knicks can send Dan Gadzuric and his non-guaranteed contract, along with Mike Bibby via a sign-and-trade and that would save Indiana almost $1.6 million.

The Knicks will have to fill out the rest of their five spots on the 15-man roster with players signed to minimum contracts.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it frees up space at the wing and saves us money I am all for it.
    I'm a Beast

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Well so far we haven't address either one of our needs, backup PF/C? nope, an scoring off the bench player that can create? nope, a pass first point guard that can feed the post and create for others? nope, a defensive big man? nope.
    Ugh don't bring it up!!!

FA is still relatively young, and though there are a lot of the bigger named FA's have verbal agreements with their teams, there are still a few intriguing possibilities that are left. I'm just hopeful that the FO recognizes our needs and plans on filling them with guys with TALENT.

Lets stay positive until FA period is over....

Then If nothing happens, I'll join you on the Bashing bandwagon!! haha

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    He played less than 10 minutes a game and averaged 5pts. Get out of here with that.

You stated he never played on a good team. If you don't like being proven wrong, don't make the statement. You never said he had to have play big minutes or score big points, but he never played on a good team.

I noticed you never addressed my 2nd part about his game with the Nets. Just so you don't have to bother doing the research.

25 MPG... 13 PPG... 3.5 Reb (Wouldn't Mavs stats average out this at 25MPG?)

48% FG... 39% 3pt... 75% FT His shooting stats are better than than both Granger and PG.

Granger 33 MPG... 41% FG... 38% 3 pt

P George 29 MPG...44% FG... 38% 3 pt

Given their minutes so would his PPG.

I want GG as an off the bench scorer and a Granger b/u. He can play both the SF/SG and has size. He should be lot cheaper than either Mayo or Lee. To me, he's the best bang for the buck.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PaulGeorge View Post

The New York Knicks are going to let Landry Fields move on to the Toronto Raptors and not match the offer sheet. The team could use some wing players and according to Newsday, a source says one target is Dahntay Jones.

Jones is entering his final year under contract with the Indiana Pacers and he's set to make $2.9 million in 2012-13.
    It has to be a lie. We all know that not a single deal goes down after the first day FAs can sign. There can't POSSIBLY be any truth to any rumor that has the Pacers waiting to see who needs their pieces after the first frenzy finishes.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

The Knicks are short on assets with all the trades they've done the last year and all they can really offer the Pacers is cap relief. The Knicks can send Dan Gadzuric and his non-guaranteed contract, along with Mike Bibby via a sign-and-trade and that would save Indiana almost $1.6 million.

The Knicks will have to fill out the rest of their five spots on the 15-man roster with players signed to minimum contracts.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know that I maybe in the minority....but unless there is some actual intent to use the Capspace to make some move...I'd actually prefer to keep Inferno. IMHO....he's the type of Player that you want on the bench and locker room to help guide the young Players.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    It has to be a lie. We all know that not a single deal goes down after the first day FAs can sign. There can't POSSIBLY be any truth to any rumor that has the Pacers waiting to see who needs their pieces after the first frenzy finishes.
    That doesn't sound to me like a rumor and I can't find anywhere anything related to "the Pacers waiting to see who needs their pieces"

Just what do the Pacers need with Bibby? Unless, that means the Pacers are going to move DC.

Doesn't the NBA pick up part of vet min salary?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I know that I maybe in the minority....but unless there is some actual intent to use the Capspace to make some move...I'd actually prefer to keep Inferno. IMHO....he's the type of Player that you want on the bench and locker room to help guide the young Players.
    Yep NY has nothing that I want from them, I don't think they even have picks anymore.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    That doesn't sound to me like a rumor and I can't find anywhere anything related to "the Pacers waiting to see who needs their pieces"
    Sorry, I'll run that through Google Translate and put it into vnzla81spinese.

"The Pacers will refuse to let anyone talk to them about any other players because they don't want to do anything involving trades. The Pacers haven't done anything but commit to their own free agents in the 12 hours since the moratorium on FA signings has ended, a period in which every other team in the league improved exponentially."
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Marc Berman
    @NYPost_Berman
    #Knicks officially announce signing of Italian Leaguer James White. Prigioni would make 2 guys who played in Europe last year on roster.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Banned

"The Pacers will refuse to let anyone talk to them about any other players because they don't want to do anything involving trades. The Pacers haven't done anything but commit to their own free agents in the 12 hours since the moratorium on FA signings has ended, a period in which every other team in the league improved exponentially."
    Nobody has posted anything close to what you are posting here, I don't get all this hyperbole from your part.

Banned

Korver could be a nice pickup for us, I wonder what they are looking for?

Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_SI
    Chicago cutting ties with Brewer (for now) and shopping Korver would seem to be prelude to Asik match. But who plays SG behind Rip?

Banned

Somebody will pick him up, he is a good backup.

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
    C.J. Watson was waived by the Bulls last night. Under-the-cap teams can now claim him. If unclaimed, he'll be an unrestricted free agent.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

On vnsla81's behalf, let me try to put it in BillSpineze for you:

He's saying he's heard no word or rumor that the Pacers have been waiting for the FA frenzy to die down before they make a move.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

29. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    Nets simply can't afford to pay Green.
    How much are you assuming Green's going to get? Nets just signed Jerry "I'm Old" Stackhouse, btw.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Obviously ur not a golfer 5_7_Clash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Last season Green played for NJ.

IN 31 games (with 2 starts), he averaged in 25.2 min per:
    12.9 PTS
    .481 FG%
    .391 3PT%
    .754 FT%
    3.5 REB
    1.1 AST
    0.5 BLK
    0.9 STL
    Last edited by 5_7_Clash; 07-11-2012 at 12:05 PM.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5_7_Clash For This Useful Post:

Sounds like the Bulls might match Asik's deal...that is absolutely insane IMO...but hey feel free to lock up more money on a backup center.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Banned

Oh well there goes that dream

Michael Cunningham ‏@ajchawks
    Source says #Hawks had interest in #Bulls F Kyle Korver but he's likely headed to Minnesota in trade

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    So the fact that neither Hill nor Hibbert have signed is a good sign, right? Clearly we've indicated to them both that we're gonna try to get other guys first.
    Yep.

And I was just sharing this thought on Twitter: CHI wants to dump Korver and has already released Ronnie Brewer to free agency to save money, presumably to match that silly Asik contract.

We want a better bench.

They need a new backup 2 if those guys go.

So why not offer Dahntay's 2.9m expiring for Korver's 5.0m expiring, then offer a 2nd rounder for a sign-and-trade for Brewer (this way CHI helps us recruit him here versus signing elsewhere)? They save money, we get a better bench.