Page 114 of 178 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

  1. #2826
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,276
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Wage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because there are only 48 point guard and 48 shooting guard minutes you can give out per game.
    Ok, but that also covers us in the event of injury, bad game, dare I say suspension?
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  2. #2827
    Member Indra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    435

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    @incarceratedbob
    **UPDATED NBA NEWS**Source: OJ Mayo & Pacers in final stages of completing deal (Mayo has offer - source says he's leaning toward signing)

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Indra For This Useful Post:


  4. #2828
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Indra View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @incarceratedbob
    **UPDATED NBA NEWS**Source: OJ Mayo & Pacers in final stages of completing deal (Mayo has offer - source says he's leaning toward signing)
    Sigh.

    Another person nobodys heard of.

    Again, there is no truth to this Mayo garbage.

    If there is, I'll gladly eat my words.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  5. #2829
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,789

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe that is INCREDIBLY illegal.

    That, and Eric Gordon just isn't coming here. Let it go folks.
    I think that he will....just in 3 to 4 seasons from now when he becomes a UFA.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  6. #2830
    Certified Fresh funnyguy1105's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Age
    25
    Posts
    147
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Indra View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @incarceratedbob
    **UPDATED NBA NEWS**Source: OJ Mayo & Pacers in final stages of completing deal (Mayo has offer - source says he's leaning toward signing)
    You could ask if this is legit... I tend to ask why is bob incarcerated?

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to funnyguy1105 For This Useful Post:


  8. #2831
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For one Ellis is more efficient despite taking shots at a higher volume, he's also the number 1 option that defenses key on to. Monta also assists at a far higher rate, even controlling for MPG, and he is also a much more talented slasher.

    Lou Williams has been on bad teams before, nothing indicates he can score mid 20's on decent percentages like Monta has done multiple times.
    There's more to scoring efficiency than just FG%. Louis both shoots more threes and more free throws per-minute than Monta, and he does both on better percentages. The end result is that their career TS% is pretty much identical, being just .001 apart. In fact, if you look at it, year-by-year, you'll see that Williams has shot a superior TS% each of the past four seasons. Ellis started out as an efficient scorer, but that went away as the Warriors turned him into a stat whore.

    I'm not sure where you're getting the assist numbers from. According to Basketball Reference, Williams averages more assists per minute, and has a higher assist rate. He also turns the ball over less often than Ellis.

    Also, if you wanna get into overall efficiency, Louis Williams (17.2) has a higher career PER than Ellis (16.9), and has had a higher PER each of the past four seasons, with his 20.2 from this past season being the highest PER of either man's career.

    Ellis started out good, but has devolved into a stat whore who doesn't help his teams win. On the other hand, Williams has continued to improve. Getting him for the MLE was a huge steal for Atlanta.

    I said Williams was about on par with Ellis, although, looking at it more closely, I think he may be a better overall player than Ellis these days.

  9. #2832
    Member pacerjones20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Richmond indiana
    Posts
    37

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Indra View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @incarceratedbob
    **UPDATED NBA NEWS**Source: OJ Mayo & Pacers in final stages of completing deal (Mayo has offer - source says he's leaning toward signing)
    Not saying I do or don't believe him. On his website he has screen shots of when he broke some major sports storys including manning to Denver so who knows. I doubt it myself
    Long time lurker. Fan since 98. Don't Trade Danny

  10. #2833
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,789

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd prefer him to Barbosa, but are we sure Green's really going to do much? Why isn't Brooklyn looking at him again? If he's cheap, and he's good, wouldn't he bet near the top of their list since they've spent all that money on the big guns and perhaps Dwight?
    Isn't it possible that the FO is so involved in getting Dwight to Brooklyn that everyone else is on hold. I'd guess that it would be hard to make moves and commitments to Players if you have no clue how many Players and assets that you have to give up. Either way, it just looks like the Nets are just putting everything on hold until they figure out if they land Dwight or not.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  11. #2834
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sigh.

    Another person nobodys heard of.

    Again, there is no truth to this Mayo garbage.

    If there is, I'll gladly eat my words.
    I've actually heard of this Bob guy, although I think it's usually Colts-related. I don't think he's a complete nobody like some of these other Twitter trolls.

  12. #2835
    Member Indra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    435

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sigh.

    Another person nobodys heard of.

    Again, there is no truth to this Mayo garbage.

    If there is, I'll gladly eat my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by funnyguy1105 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You could ask if this is legit... I tend to ask why is bob incarcerated?
    Quote Originally Posted by pacerjones20 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not saying I do or don't believe him. On his website he has screen shots of when he broke some major sports storys including manning to Denver so who knows. I doubt it myself
    He has missed on some stories, but he does have sources that have helped him break news before anyone else. I generally trust his news.

  13. #2836
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    I said Williams was about on par with Ellis, although, looking at it more closely, I think he may be a better overall player than Ellis these days.

    Cocain is a hell of a drug

  14. #2837
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,952
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's more to scoring efficiency than just FG%. Louis both shoots more threes and more free throws per-minute than Monta, and he does both on better percentages. The end result is that their career TS% is pretty much identical, being just .001 apart. In fact, if you look at it, year-by-year, you'll see that Williams has shot a superior TS% each of the past four seasons. Ellis started out as an efficient scorer, but that went away as the Warriors turned him into a stat whore.

    I'm not sure where you're getting the assist numbers from. According to Basketball Reference, Williams averages more assists per minute, and has a higher assist rate. He also turns the ball over less often than Ellis.

    Also, if you wanna get into overall efficiency, Louis Williams (17.2) has a higher career PER than Ellis (16.9), and has had a higher PER each of the past four seasons, with his 20.2 from this past season being the highest PER of either man's career.

    Ellis started out good, but has devolved into a stat whore who doesn't help his teams win. On the other hand, Williams has continued to improve. Getting him for the MLE was a huge steal for Atlanta.

    I said Williams was about on par with Ellis, although, looking at it more closely, I think he may be a better overall player than Ellis these days.
    PER tends to overemphasize players who are productive in few minutes, which Williams certainly is, but the guy is playing vs. Bench players for a greater percentage of his time compared to Ellis, and hasn't shown himself capable of, and though his TS% was higher than Monta's last season it is still below par for a guy who shoots as much as he does on a per minute basis. Williams is a nice sparkplug, but like you admitted, before Ellis was thrust into being a first option he was scoring more points than Williams at .580 and .545 TS%. I'm not sure Williams is capable of the production at any acceptable efficiency in more minutes, maybe he is, but he hasn't proven it. Both are kindof black holes, but Ellis's ast% and apg did improve markedly last season. Both are kindof chuckers, but I can't see Williams putting up the raw production that Ellis has given a chance. Just imo though.

  15. #2838

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Searched it on twitter and some people are saying Pacers have agreed to 2 years 16.5 mill for O.J. Mayo. Don't know if it's true. Admittedly I don't know much about his game but don't you guys think that's overpaying a bit IF it's true?
    Last edited by Pacerfan; 07-10-2012 at 11:58 PM.

  16. #2839
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok, but that also covers us in the event of injury, bad game, dare I say suspension?
    dont you dare!

  17. #2840
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    12am let's celebrate

  18. #2841
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    @ESPNSteinLine: Real NBA signings are permissable at 12:01 a.m. Roughly 15 minutes from now. D-Will, I'm RELIABLY told, IS signing his Nets deal tonight

  19. #2842
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Hallelujah!

  20. #2843

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Incarcerated Bob is the biggest lying sack of crap on Twitter.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:


  22. #2844
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    @chadfordinsider: It's 12:01 a.m. on July 11th. NBA teams are free to sign FA's and to finalize trades.

  23. #2845
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    @johnschuhmann: The Lakers have officially announced the acquisition of Steve Nash.

    My favorite player is now a Lakers

  24. #2846
    Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,116

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @johnschuhmann: The Lakers have officially announced the acquisition of Steve Nash.

    My favorite player is now a Lakers
    I agree, this is about the only thing he could've done to make me dislike him, and la even more

  25. #2847
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,631
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Sorry guys, to those sad that Nash is now a Laker. It was already going to happen, the officialness of the deal shouldn't hurt any more. Just like Orlando fans who are just now sad that Dwight is leaving. It's like, have you not been watching ANYTHING NBA-related in the last year?
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  26. #2848
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,600

    Default

    @sam_amick: Source says Denver's talks w/ restricted free agent C JaVale McGee are progressing and all signs point to his Nuggets tenure continuing.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  27. #2849
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,866

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree, this is about the only thing he could've done to make me dislike him, and la even more
    Yep... Here was my take on Twitter:

    https://twitter.com/TMJonsson/status/222907065964838913

    12:01 : My former love for Steve Nash has now unfortunately turned into revulsion and disdain. Sorry Steve, I just can't do it any other way
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  28. #2850
    Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,116

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by imbtyler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry guys, to those sad that Nash is now a Laker. It was already going to happen, the officialness of the deal shouldn't hurt any more. Just like Orlando fans who are just now sad that Dwight is leaving. It's like, have you not been watching ANYTHING NBA-related in the last year?
    It doesn't hurt more, it hurts again. I tend to avoid any thing about la, because it makes me mad. Especially this. So it has been almost like it never happened, this just reminded me it did.

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep... Here was my take on Twitter:

    https://twitter.com/TMJonsson/status/222907065964838913

    12:01 : My former love for Steve Nash has now unfortunately turned into revulsion and disdain. Sorry Steve, I just can't do it any other way
    Agreed, I can't like a laker, and I know that for sure because I no longer like Nash. I know it is silly, but I just can't. If he got traded next year, I'd like him again, so it isn't a deep hatred. Just a necessity kind of like you said.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2175
    Last Post: 08-25-2007, 06:50 PM
  2. Re: The Official JO trade rumors/speculation/discussion thread
    By Alpolloloco in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 02:56 PM
  3. Some Speculation
    By TheDon in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 03:20 AM
  4. speculation
    By microwave_oven in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 11:04 PM
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 06:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •