Page 113 of 178 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

  1. #2801

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Indiana Pacers ‏@Pacers
    The free agency moratorium period ends in two hours. Any guesses on what happens?

    From Twitter. Maybe the Pacers Twitter guy has an inside source...?

    God I'm desperate.

  2. #2802
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,358

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd prefer him to Barbosa, but are we sure Green's really going to do much? Why isn't Brooklyn looking at him again? If he's cheap, and he's good, wouldn't he bet near the top of their list since they've spent all that money on the big guns and perhaps Dwight?
    Kinda makes one wonder, no?

  3. #2803

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it Joe the Garbage Man?
    Boomer's personal chef

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  5. #2804
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,443

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd prefer him to Barbosa, but are we sure Green's really going to do much? Why isn't Brooklyn looking at him again? If he's cheap, and he's good, wouldn't he bet near the top of their list since they've spent all that money on the big guns and perhaps Dwight?
    I disagree, atleast with Barbosa you have a veteran who knows how to play and has gone deep in the playoffs. He was quite one dimensional last season, but he was thrust into the fold and expected to produce. Barbosa would be a much more effective player with a training camp. Gerald Green hasn't done anything in this league but be on terrible teams.

    I be perfectly fine with having Barbosa back for the right price.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  7. #2805
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,631
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    I'm glad more people are starting to talk about Gerald Green. I'm gonna guess and say he's more likely to go back to Brooklyn, but I'm glad that many more fans are realizing how good he could be for this team. Especially over Delfino (please God no ).
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  8. The Following User Says Thank You to imbtyler For This Useful Post:


  9. #2806
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now I know I give vnzla **** for Monta, but Lou Williams is not near the player Monta Ellis is.
    What has Monta Ellis ever done besides put up some empty, inflated stats on a bunch of bad teams? What is it Ellis does that Williams couldn't in the same situation?

  10. #2807
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,814

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    I remember Quinn Buckner discussing how some players play and play and play on losing teams. As a result? Good players become habitual losers. You should be leery of any player who has been a member of bad teams. However, Gerald Green did play for the *Mavericks. Although I think that is the tell tale heart. While Gerald Green produced solid numbers for the Nets; he produced shaky numbers for the Mavericks. This is the bottom line: Gerald Green has been average on poor teams and below average on good teams.

    Why would a good team want to sign Gerald Green?

    ---
    * Gerald Green did play for the Celtics. However, the team record was 24-58.

  11. #2808
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,265

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree, atleast with Barbosa you have a veteran who knows how to play and has gone deep in the playoffs. He was quite one dimensional last season, but he was thrust into the fold and expected to produce. Barbosa would be a much more effective player with a training camp. Gerald Green hasn't done anything in this league but be on terrible teams.

    I be perfectly fine with having Barbosa back for the right price.
    Only thing with Barbosa is that he's not even consistent with the one skill he brings to the team. Ill admit we are a bad fit for him (he needs to play in a fast pace, wide-open offense to be successful)

    But he was HORRIBLE in the playoffs, and is a defensive liability. I'm not necessarily clamoring for Green, but at this point I'm hopeful for an upgrade over Barbosa.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  13. #2809
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree, atleast with Barbosa you have a veteran who knows how to play and has gone deep in the playoffs. He was quite one dimensional last season, but he was thrust into the fold and expected to produce. Barbosa would be a much more effective player with a training camp. Gerald Green hasn't done anything in this league but be on terrible teams.

    I be perfectly fine with having Barbosa back for the right price.
    I'm cool with Barbosa, in theory, for the reasons you state. I was under the impression Gerald had finally turned a corner last season and was starting to show he belonged in this league. Yet he's not being pursued (apparently?) by the Nets, which may be a red flag.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  15. #2810
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,631
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd prefer him to Barbosa, but are we sure Green's really going to do much? Why isn't Brooklyn looking at him again? If he's cheap, and he's good, wouldn't he bet near the top of their list since they've spent all that money on the big guns and perhaps Dwight?
    Brooklyn is much more concerned with this whole Dwight sweepstakes than they are about re-signing another (potential) bench player. After Dwight lands someplace, I'm sure more will be heard about Green. However, they were easily enticed to send MarShon Brooks anywhere else. Chances are, they'll be trying really hard to get Green to stay, for much less cash, since they'll be picking up other bench players off the side of the road.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  16. #2811

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    I'd take Green for super cheap, like Pendergraph money. If nothing else we'd get a handful of insane dunks. But I'm not all that interested otherwise.

    Am I dumb for staying up until midnight hoping a flurry of stuff happens and it includes us? Ahh screw it, only an hour and a half or so.

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  18. #2812
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,952
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What has Monta Ellis ever done besides put up some empty, inflated stats on a bunch of bad teams? What is it Ellis does that Williams couldn't in the same situation?
    For one Ellis is more efficient despite taking shots at a higher volume, he's also the number 1 option that defenses key on to. Monta also assists at a far higher rate, even controlling for MPG, and he is also a much more talented slasher.

    Lou Williams has been on bad teams before, nothing indicates he can score mid 20's on decent percentages like Monta has done multiple times.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:


  20. #2813
    Member pacerjones20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Richmond indiana
    Posts
    37

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    It's just been disappointing so far. I really had high hopes of being in someone that could make a pretty big impact. I'm glad we are not going to overpay but this team is just so close I want that final part of the puzzle
    Long time lurker. Fan since 98. Don't Trade Danny

  21. #2814
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,631
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    For those continuing to wonder:

    Green has matured since he played overseas. He had a lot of time to practice, get his shot down, and gain a LOT of focus. Drafted out of high school, he played for a clamoring Celtics team, who in turn traded him as part of a package to pick up the Big 3. He was moved around the nation from there, and eventually went overseas. He played for the Los Angeles D-Fenders (D-League team), gained NBADL All-Star MVP status, and was then picked up for consecutive 10-day contracts by the Nets. After two of these, they picked him up for the remainder of the year.

    Again, the Nets are more inclined to work this big Dwight trade than they are to work on re-signing a bench player. Re-signing Green is not at the top of their priorities.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imbtyler For This Useful Post:


  23. #2815

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Over/under on number of times Pritchard hides Donnie's cigarette lighter tonight to try and get a deal done? 2.5?

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  25. #2816
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pacerjones20 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's just been disappointing so far. I really had high hopes of being in someone that could make a pretty big impact. I'm glad we are not going to overpay but this team is just so close I want that final part of the puzzle
    We're not going to overpay?

    We already have.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:


  27. #2817
    Member pacerjones20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Richmond indiana
    Posts
    37

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're not going to overpay?

    We already have.
    Ok so we save the money and no pay hill. Who do we spend it on because I know free agents just want to come here so bad
    Long time lurker. Fan since 98. Don't Trade Danny

  28. #2818
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pacerjones20 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok so we save the money and no pay hill. Who do we spend it on because I know free agents just want to come here so bad
    I never said they wanted to.

    I simply was replying to your statement that youre glad we wont overpay when we already have.

    Dont take it the wrong way. I love Hibbert and Hill both.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  29. #2819
    Member pacerjones20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Richmond indiana
    Posts
    37

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I never said they wanted to.

    I simply was replying to your statement that youre glad we wont overpay when we already have.

    Dont take it the wrong way. I love Hibbert and Hill both.
    Hard to call it overpaying when everyone in free agency is getting overpaid. At what point does it become market value not over paid.
    Long time lurker. Fan since 98. Don't Trade Danny

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacerjones20 For This Useful Post:


  31. #2820
    Member Wage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    406

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    So if we sign OJ Mayo, which of Mayo, George, or Hill do we have to talk into coming off the bench? Looks like we are pretty much set to have the most ball stoppingest (that's a word now) offense ever for our starting line up.

  32. #2821
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Wage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So if we sign OJ Mayo, which of Mayo, George, or Hill do we have to talk into coming off the bench? Looks like we are pretty much set to have the most ball stoppingest (that's a word now) offense ever for our starting line up.
    Hill will battle DC for PG
    Mayo will battle Paul for SG

    Perfect scenario in terms of competition and growth IMO.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  34. #2822
    Member Wage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    406

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hill will battle DC for PG
    Mayo will battle Paul for SG

    Perfect scenario in terms of competition and growth IMO.
    I would agree if all those guys were on rookie, or low end deals. What happens in your proposal if DC wins the starting PG role, and George wins the SG battle? Now you have 16 million plus invested into 2 guys coming off the bench.

  35. #2823
    Member Handoverfist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    171

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    So if we sign OJ Mayo, which of Mayo, George, or Hill do we have to talk into coming off the bench? If we sign Courtney Lee he will back up Paul George, but things could get complicated with Mayo because he wants to be a starter.

  36. #2824
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Wage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would agree if all those guys were on rookie, or low end deals. What happens in your proposal if DC wins the starting PG role, and George wins the SG battle? Now you have 16 million plus invested into 2 guys coming off the bench.
    Ok, so? I don't care who starts or what we are paying them or the players coming off the bench if we have 7 guys who can start in this league that don't include Dahntay and Tyler.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  37. #2825
    Member Wage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    406

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok, so? I don't care who starts or what we are paying them or the players coming off the bench if we have 7 guys who can start in this league that don't include Dahntay and Tyler.
    Because there are only 48 point guard and 48 shooting guard minutes you can give out per game. There is also a salary cap. So having guys that are good enough to start sitting on the bench half the game while eating up a large portion of the salary cap is not the best investment.
    Last edited by Wage; 07-10-2012 at 11:23 PM.

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to Wage For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2175
    Last Post: 08-25-2007, 06:50 PM
  2. Re: The Official JO trade rumors/speculation/discussion thread
    By Alpolloloco in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 02:56 PM
  3. Some Speculation
    By TheDon in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 03:20 AM
  4. speculation
    By microwave_oven in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 11:04 PM
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 06:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •