Page 104 of 178 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good for him. The guy is a UFA and is being used as a piece to make a trade work. Just like any other Player.....he should be looking out for himself and securing his future. He should demand and expect a multi-year contract.

If the Cavs only want to give him a single year contract....well, I'd hope that Mr. Khardashian will just say No.
    Espn reports that some owners are upset over this trade to create another super team, well here's a chance to step up. I wouldn't mind having Humphries on the Pacers and would take him any day over Mayo at the same price. If not the Pacers, I hope some other team offers him a contract outright. That or Portland jumps in and steals Lopez for a max offer.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/indiana_pacers

Would not mind Lee if the price is right. Only way I'd want to do a sign and trade with Houston, is if they agree to a separate deal so we can get one of their many many SF/PFs, preferably T Jones or R White. But I doubt anyone trades a rookie they just drafted...maybe this could be the first!

Other than that, I don't see why the Pacers would want to do a sign and trade. We have holes to fill.
    Tons of PF options on that team that (hopefully) could come over in the sign and trade. Maybe give up a protected 1st and the ability to absorb the contracts of Lee and a guy like Motiejunas?

Sports Logo

Humphries and Howard both have the same agent, Dan Fegan. A lot of execs hate the guy. Obviously if he can get Howard to Brooklyn that's more marketing, better chance at a title so even more marketing down the road, etc etc.

Humphries dumped Kardashian so he's just another basketball client now. Unless Humphries dumps Fegan (and he really should) then I bet he gets convinced to take a 1 year deal.

Steve Kyler: Fro what its worth Rockets guard Courtney Lee said he has not been offered a five year $32 million deal by the Rockets about 38 minutes ago

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz20E7S9SbG

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/indiana_pacers

Would not mind Lee if the price is right. Only way I'd want to do a sign and trade with Houston, is if they agree to a separate deal so we can get one of their many many SF/PFs, preferably T Jones or R White. But I doubt anyone trades a rookie they just drafted...maybe this could be the first!

Other than that, I don't see why the Pacers would want to do a sign and trade. We have holes to fill.
    that applies to the Bulls and such. We have cap space and can just sign him. He's unrestricted.
    Now doing a separate deal for some other guy, sure, there seem to be some interesting possibilities.
    Morey may have to sell some of these guys cheaper than he wants to once the camp gets closer. He can't field a full roster of power forwards.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:

As to the size of Houston's roster, a great many of the contracts they now have are non-guaranteed, I am told, so they can be dumped or used to trade for players whose teams want a salary dump.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

BTW i realized that the Bulls have Charlotte's 1st rounder in the near future.

Probably a lottery pick (it's top 10 protected in '14, top 8 in '15 and completely unprotected in '16).

With that in mind, I'm stunned that the Bulls aren't pushing for a Howard trade.
    Noah (4 years / 50 mil) + Charlotte pick + a couple of Bulls picks + a bunch of expirings / non guaranteed contracts ---> that would be so much better than what the Nets are offering.

They also have rights to Mirotic, who's arguably the 2nd best young talent in Europe right now after Valanciunas.

And what's the chance that Howard leaves the Bulls? 10%? NY and LA teams won't have any cap space. Chicago is the 3rd best market and a contender. Will he leave Chicago to play in Dallas with Dirk? The Rockets? The Cavs?
    It seems such a nobrainer.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

I have nothing against Courtney Lee, but he is not what we need at this point. We dont need a spot up shooter but one who can create off the dribble and get to the line (Mayo)
    Sittin on top of the world!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    As to the size of Houston's roster, a great many of the contracts they now have are non-guaranteed, I am told, so they can be dumped or used to trade for players whose teams want a salary dump.
    There will be multiple trades over the summer, no doubt about it.
    If they don't get Howard, I think they are the perfect partner for an Iguodala trade, so that's the one I'm expecting the most (Martin or salary cap + a couple young cheap talented bigs).
    After that, I think they could realistically get their hands on Al Jefferson or Gay (Parsons + Jeremy Lamb + cap space?). Maybe Pau.

But the problem is that other GMs don't move as fast as Morey. And the summer won't last forever.
    I fully expect him to have too many assets left by the camp.
    Instead of sending a bunch of lottery talent to the NBDL where it would lose its value, I think he'll try to turn them into another wave of future picks.

Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    BTW i realized that the Bulls have Charlotte's 1st rounder in the near future.

Probably a lottery pick (it's top 10 protected in '14, top 8 in '15 and completely unprotected in '16).

With that in mind, I'm stunned that the Bulls aren't pushing for a Howard trade.
    Noah (4 years / 50 mil) + Charlotte pick + a couple of Bulls picks + a bunch of expirings / non guaranteed contracts ---> that would be so much better than what the Nets are offering.

They also have rights to Mirotic, who's arguably the 2nd best young talent in Europe right now after Valanciunas.

And what's the chance that Howard leaves the Bulls? 10%? NY and LA teams won't have any cap space. Chicago is the 3rd best market and a contender. Will he leave Chicago to play in Dallas with Dirk? The Rockets? The Cavs?
    It seems such a nobrainer.
    Just to add to this and one of you guys can correct me if I am wrong but LA and NY won't be able to do a sign and trade next year since they will be in the LT. I believe that rule starts in 2013 the same year Howard will have to resign.

Edit: The rule starts in 2013 and can not do a sign and trade if you are 4 million in the LT. So this rules out the Nets, Lakers.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 07-10-2012 at 10:22 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:

I'm kinda hopeful Lou Williams has priced himself out of alot of teams and the Pacers get a shot at him, later in the process. He was Phillies go-to guy often at the end and games. He can get his shot off and not afraid to take a big shot. His FG% isn't ideal, but neither is Mayo's. If I had to choose between Mayo, Lou Williams, and C Lee, I'd take Lou Williams. I think he already does exactly what the Pacers are looking for, since that was exactly his role in Phillie.

I'd like to get him for just over the MLE, though.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Twitter @M_Murph11 PacerPride33's Avatar

mayo updates??
    Murph

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPride33 View Post
    mayo updates??
    Probably waiting on Suns to offer EJ the max, then NO to match it, then dominoes should start to fall.

Interesting note, Minnesota need to dump salary to even offer Batum his contract.... wonder how Kahn gets there?

John Hollinger: AS @APkrawczynski points out, Wolves have movable pieces to get under. If no Batum match, need to move ~$4mil for Roy and more for Shved. about 8 minutes ago

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz20ELcuvDd

John Hollinger: Again, Minnesota has negative cap right now -- need to move $ just to sign Batum and Roy, let alone make other moves. about 22 minutes ago

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz20ELwbB5u

Michael Dugat: Minnesota may soon be in desperate need to shed a contract w/ no money in return. Would love Mavs TE (and maybe pick) for D. Williams. about 13 minutes ago

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz20ELkoLWk

I don't think so, on that last one, that would be stupid.
    Last edited by Speed; 07-10-2012 at 10:32 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    Just to add to this and one of you guys can correct me if I am wrong but LA and NY won't be able to do a sign and trade next year since they will be in the LT. I believe that rule starts in 2013 the same year Howard will have to resign.

Edit: The rule starts in 2013 and can not do a sign and trade if you are 4 million in the LT. So this rules out the Nets, Lakers.
    and anyway, the Bulls would be in a great position to play hardball to the end.
    "Sorry Dwight, no S&T. You can choose us, or you can go play in a smaller market on a worse team for less money."

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just a couple things.

The Pacers have no cap space once they sign Hibbert and Hill. They could do a sign and trade for Lee or Mayo (starting salary could be 6.6 million if they trade Jones, Pendergraph, and a first rounder), but they won't have cap space to sign them outright. They will have the MLE though, which is probably more likely.

As for Humphries, his first year contract would be $9.6 million if he was signed and traded from the Nets to the Cavs or Bobcats. My question is where's the market for multi year deals for Kris Humphries that will pay him more than that? I think he eventually accepts a 3 year, 28.8 million deal with only the first year guaranteed, but with the final two years guaranteed if he's on the roster on July 1st. That way he can be a free agent immediately if the team he's on doesn't want him back.
    Last edited by shags; 07-10-2012 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    I'm kinda hopeful Lou Williams has priced himself out of alot of teams and the Pacers get a shot at him, later in the process. He was Phillies go-to guy often at the end and games. He can get his shot off and not afraid to take a big shot. His FG% isn't ideal, but neither is Mayo's. If I had to choose between Mayo, Lou Williams, and C Lee, I'd take Lou Williams. I think he already does exactly what the Pacers are looking for, since that was exactly his role in Phillie.

If I had a choice of any of those 3, it'd be Mayo ONLY because he is as strong of a defender as Lee, and is about as good of a scorer as Williams. He has more size than the other 2 as well. If we ended up with Williams however, I wouldn't be too disappointed. He's small, but dude can definitely shoot/put the ball in the basket.

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    Just a couple things.

The Pacers have no cap space once they sign Hibbert and Hill. They could do a sign and trade for Lee or Mayo (starting salary could be 6.6 million if they trade Jones, Pendergraph, and a first rounder), but they won't have cap space to sign them outright.

As for Humphries, his first year contract would be $9.6 million if he was signed and traded from the Nets to the Cavs or Bobcats. My question is where's the market for multi year deals for Kris Humphries that will pay him more than that? I think he eventually accepts a 3 year, 28.8 million deal with only the first year guaranteed, but with the final two years guaranteed if he's on the roster on July 1st. That way he can be a free agent immediately if the team he's on doesn't want him back.
    We would have to sign our other FA BEFORE we get Hill and/or Hibbert to sign on the dotted line. According to the CBA, you can go over the cap in order to re-sign your own players.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    We would have to sign our other FA BEFORE we get Hill and/or Hibbert to sign on the dotted line. According to the CBA, you can go over the cap in order to re-sign your own players.
    <- this.
    Also, we won't have MLE this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    I think PD members have gone over this a million times in the last month. We can go over the cap and its all about timing. Sign Mayo first then your own FA's why is this a hard concept?

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    <- this.
    Also, we won't have MLE this year.
    If you sign Hibbert and Hill first, you will.

There is a rumor going around on Twitter right now that we have come to an agreement to sign Mayo, Barbosa and Fes.. It's not confirmed but just wanted to update those of you who haven't seen it or don't have Twitter.

Hopefully it's true.

who is david decker?

David33Decker
    @TimDonahue8p9s @Pacers_Chants pacers signing barbosa and oj mayo with fesenko just got word
    7/10/12 10:10 AM

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    If you sign Hibbert and Hill first, you will.
    no.
    which is part of the reason why it's so beneficial to delay it.

Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    who is david decker?

David33Decker
    @TimDonahue8p9s @Pacers_Chants pacers signing barbosa and oj mayo with fesenko just got word
    7/10/12 10:10 AM
    The first one is Count55, who is @Pacers_Chants? Who is sending this tweet? David33Decker, who is that?

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post

That would be... well, not ideal, but probably the best bet out of a bunch of mediocre options. Mayo's a better defender true, but LouWill gets to the line at a nice rate (in fact LouWill and Mayo have similar shooting %'s, it's the FT's which make a huge difference in efficiency between them). Of the two skills, I think we need penetration/FTA from the perimeter more. The two Georges already provide a ton of perimeter D.