Page 10 of 178 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

  1. #226

    Default

    Am I the only one who isn't super high on Thomas Robinson? I just think he is undersized at the position and his offensive game just doesn't scream NBA ready. If I am wrong I am happy about it but, man...give me MKG or Bradley Beal, or a trade back and Damian lillard and Jeremy lamb

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:


  3. #227

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pride? In this case I disagree. This is the guy that spent 2 draft picks to acquire James White and then cut him in camp. Like everyone else Bird isn't infallible but he seems to cut loose of his mistakes fast enough when he decides it was a mistake or isn't working.

    IIRC, Bird didn't cut White. Carlisle did. W/o a doubt Carlisle had to have Bird's blessing to do it.

  4. #228

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, he opted out of $4m, and he's certainly worth more than that. I'd say $7-8m seems fair for a guy who'd be our 3rd big and maybe an occasional starter. If we can get him for less that would be even better of course.

    Nets would the obvious destination, as they really need PF help. But supposedly they're targeting Ilyasova first.



    Yeah, I'm not so high on giving a long term contract to Crash. Good player, but his athletic style doesn't seem like it would age well.

    Lets not forget Bass could then be the starting PF in 13-14 season. If you could get him for 7-8 mil, it's something to seriously consider.

    "If" you could get Wallace to sign a contract with the 3rd & 4th years as team options, you could afford to give him a longer contract.

  5. #229

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am I the only one who isn't super high on Thomas Robinson? I just think he is undersized at the position and his offensive game just doesn't scream NBA ready. If I am wrong I am happy about it but, man...give me MKG or Bradley Beal, or a trade back and Damian lillard and Jeremy lamb

    FWIW, in Hoopshype today, Robinson was compared to DWest in that they are small PF's.

  6. #230
    Member pacergod2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,885
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FWIW, in Hoopshype today, Robinson was compared to DWest in that they are small PF's.
    SMALL?!?! 6'9" and brutish strength with touch and toughness? If that's small I'd hate to meet someone big in a back alleyway.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pacergod2 For This Useful Post:


  8. #231

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    SMALL?!?! 6'9" and brutish strength with touch and toughness? If that's small I'd hate to meet someone big in a back alleyway.

    I personally thought it funny as I don't think DWest is small for a PF. If Robinson is DWest size, I don't see him as being a small PF.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  10. #232
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,540

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What if we traded Granger and Hansborough for #2 and Gerald Henderson.

    No chance Charlotte accepts that. PG/Hans/pick for #2/Henderson I can see.

  11. #233
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,836
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I personally thought it funny as I don't think DWest is small for a PF. If Robinson is DWest size, I don't see him as being a small PF.
    I always say it isn't about height its about how tall you play. Blake Griffin is only. 6'7 same with Klove same with Trob. But because Trob has such a good motor and post skill he plays like a 7fter. There are a lot of 7fters that play small aswell height really is overrated. Chuck was a 6'5 pf look how they play and as long as they aren't serverly undersized they will be ok if they play big.

  12. #234

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think sometimes people forget that a major reason the Pacers made it to the Conference finals this year was that they played Orlando without Howard.
    It irks me that people say this. If Howard had been healthy, the Magic wouldn't have faded down the stretch like a car out of gas and the Pacers wouldn't have played them. They'd likely have played the Celtics. If you want to say that they wouldn't have beaten the Celts, fine. But the Howard argument is tiresome.

  13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iogyhufi For This Useful Post:


  14. #235
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    I think it's a combination of strength, toughness, wingspan, athleticism, and of course skill set. If you've got a lot or enough going for you in those departments, height doesn't mean so much.

  15. #236
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,660

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by iogyhufi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It irks me that people say this. If Howard had been healthy, the Magic wouldn't have faded down the stretch like a car out of gas and the Pacers wouldn't have played them. They'd likely have played the Celtics. If you want to say that they wouldn't have beaten the Celts, fine. But the Howard argument is tiresome.
    Fine and dandy. Are you saying the Pacers would have beaten Orlando if Howard had been healthy. That, after all, is my point, not the bracketing of teams.

  16. #237

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Length matters. Don't let anyone tell you different.

    There are things that can compensate for lack of length to be sure. Blake Griffin and Charles Barkley are good examples of athleticism doing just that. DWest and KLove are good examples of high skill levels doing the same thing. But those guys are outliers. Tyler would be a pretty good player if he was 3 inches taller. Roy would be playing in Ft Wayne if he was 3 inches shorter. OK, maybe not Ft Wayne, but his salary would be $1.2M instead of $12M next year. Andrew Bynum is skilled to be sure, but mainly he is really big.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:


  18. #238
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fine and dandy. Are you saying the Pacers would have beaten Orlando if Howard had been healthy. That, after all, is my point, not the bracketing of teams.
    He's probably not. Are you saying they wouldn't have? We'd still be arguably better at most positions.
    It's just pointless speculation. The Magic were a flawed team that hasn't done much for a while. They would've been better with Dwight. Then again, how much of their performance without Dwight was pure underdog nothing-to-lose we-aren't-just-Dwight mentality? It's probably not as simple as replacing Baby with Dwight.

  19. #239
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Length matters. Don't let anyone tell you different.

    There are things that can compensate for lack of length to be sure. Blake Griffin and Charles Barkley are good examples of athleticism doing just that. DWest and KLove are good examples of high skill levels doing the same thing. But those guys are outliers. Tyler would be a pretty good player if he was 3 inches taller. Roy would be playing in Ft Wayne if he was 3 inches shorter. OK, maybe not Ft Wayne, but his salary would be $1.2M instead of $12M next year. Andrew Bynum is skilled to be sure, but mainly he is really big.
    and imagine Love an inch bigger, or Blake having longer arms. Any defensive limitations they have would be gone.
    With Chuck it was attitude more than anything, but even if he tried to focus on defense, he likely would've been a below average defender anyway.

  20. #240
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,836
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Length matters. Don't let anyone tell you different.

    There are things that can compensate for lack of length to be sure. Blake Griffin and Charles Barkley are good examples of athleticism doing just that. DWest and KLove are good examples of high skill levels doing the same thing. But those guys are outliers. Tyler would be a pretty good player if he was 3 inches taller. Roy would be playing in Ft Wayne if he was 3 inches shorter. OK, maybe not Ft Wayne, but his salary would be $1.2M instead of $12M next year. Andrew Bynum is skilled to be sure, but mainly he is really big.
    It matters of course and it helps to have it. But saying Trob will be average because of his size is crazy. There are guys like Hilton Armstrong who get drafted in the lottery just based on size. And if you watched him play in the Nba he didn't play his size and he clearly had no skill. I will take Trob over any1 in this draft outside of Davis because he is so skilled and no body out works him and will be a 15-20 and 10 in his prime IMO.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 06-16-2012 at 02:38 AM.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  22. #241

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Robinson is the same size as Danny Granger, isn't he? That seems undersized for a 4. You've watched him more than i have, so i will be glad to take your word for his skills. He'd better be good at that size, though.

  23. #242

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    I'm not high on Robinson. He's one of those guys who I see as having the dominant skill set for college and not for the pros. Also, Kansas players never pan out. Who is the best Jayhawk in the NBA since Paul Pierce? Nick Collison? Brandon Rush?

  24. #243
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,836
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not high on Robinson. He's one of those guys who I see as having the dominant skill set for college and not for the pros. Also, Kansas players never pan out. Who is the best Jayhawk in the NBA since Paul Pierce? Nick Collison? Brandon Rush?
    isnt just a dominate skill set(which he does have but it's a NBA skill set IMO) the dude is a excellent athlete and plays like a big man


    this isnt a guy who puts up numbers but doesn't look like a NBA athlete like a Sullinger(Sully will play in the NBA and do well but the athleticism will limit him IMO because his motor is lacking if he had a Trob motor he would be a lot better)


    and BTW Trob is almost identical to Blake Griffin body wise Trob is just longer(longer arms) but Blake has a bit better hops IMO. I think Trob will be a better defender than Blake(not saying much though) he plays with more effort on the side and is longer which helps. But Blake Griffin is probably the best comp they play the same style and have the same body.

    and by saying he is undersized that is like saying 60% of the PF's are undersized that is saying Karl Malone was undersized who had a very similar frame 6'9 in shoes 250.
    He will never be a superstar but IMO he will be really good.


    What is standard size at PF if guys like Malone are undersized are you expecting us to go twin towers style and get a Pau Gasol sized guy??

    like I said he plays like he is 6'11 not 6'7 with how athletic and skilled he is and how his motor never stops and he loves contact.

    The reason Perry Jones is viewed by himself as a SF is he hates contact. The guy is 6'11 but hating contact he doesn't play that big. I just think height is all relative to play style and how big the guy plays which like Hicks post there are so many variables in figuring that out. But watch the Baylor v Kansas tape and tell me who you think plays bigger Trob or Perry Jones the answer is pretty obvious.



    he is bigger body wise than Danny Granger Trob has 20lbs on him.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 06-16-2012 at 03:02 AM.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  26. #244
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No chance Charlotte accepts that. PG/Hans/pick for #2/Henderson I can see.
    I would quit watching the Pacers. I HATE Henderson.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  28. #245
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,383

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    HENDERSON!


  29. The Following User Says Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:


  30. #246

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fine and dandy. Are you saying the Pacers would have beaten Orlando if Howard had been healthy. That, after all, is my point, not the bracketing of teams.
    I'm not, as they probably would have beaten us, but your original statement said the only reason the Pacers got out of the first was because Howard was hurt. That was my point.

  31. #247
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,042

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/worko...n-heats-pacers

    Workout Season Heats Up for Pacers
    by Conrad Brunner || Caught in the Web Archive ||
    June 14, 2012


    When the playoffs last a little longer than usual, the pre-draft process tends to get compressed. Though the Pacers have had just two workouts sandwiched around the NBA's draft combine in Chicago, the practice court at Bankers Life Fieldhouse will get a lot busier in the two weeks leading up to the draft.


    After bringing in two point guards (Tyshawn Taylor of Kansas and Scott Machado of Iona) with four forwards (Royce White of Iowa State, Draymond Green of Michigan State, Andrew Nicholson of St. Bonaventure and Mike Scott of Virginia) in the initial workout on June 4, the Pacers brought in six wing players Thursday:


    Darius Miller (Kentucky), Jeffery Taylor (Vanderbilt), Will Barton (Memphis), Khris Middleton (Texas A&M), Jae Crowder (Marquette) and Kent Bazemore (Old Dominion).


    Of that group, Taylor generally is the most highly ranked in mock drafts, commonly showing in the bottom third of the first round, while Barton and Middleton also rate as first-round prospects.


    Clearly the Pacers have a variety of options with their only selection, No. 26 overall (their second-round pick went to Toronto in the Leandro Barbosa trade), not the least of which would be to package the pick in a trade for a veteran as they did last year in acquiring George Hill.


    So what are they looking for? The Pacers let that be known in their interviews with the prospects.


    "They're looking for a role-player," Crowder said. "They've got good depth here, good players in good positions so they're looking for role-players that are willing to step in immediately."


    One guy who stands out in that area is Miller, that rarest of college basketball phenomena -- a senior from Kentucky. At 6-8, 225, Miller has played with seven first-round picks in his college career (Jodie Meeks, John Wall, DeMarcus Cousins, Patrick Patterson, Eric Bledsoe, Daniel Orton and Brandon Knight) and that number is expected to grow to 12 in a couple of weeks.


    All five starters from the Wildcats' national championship team are projected as first-round picks, beginning with Anthony Davis at No. 1. Miller was no slouch as a talent, entering Kentucky as the state's Mr. Basketball, but spent most of his four seasons as a complementary reserve. He averaged 10.9 points and 4.6 rebounds in 31.0 minutes as a junior and 9.9 points and 2.8 boards in 26.1 minutes as a senior.


    "It seems like the older I got," Miller said, "the younger everybody else got."


    A close friend of former Butler University and current Washington Wizards guard Shelvin Mack -- the two Kentucky natives played on the same AAU team for several years -- Miller knows how to fill a role.


    "I've played with a lot of talented players, been on a lot of talented teams so I feel like I could come in and be comfortable in a lot of different roles," he said. "I played different roles at Kentucky and was comfortable with all of them so hopefully that can be an advantage for me."


    One of those players he competed against was Vanderbilt's Taylor, a fellow senior and a rock-solid small forward (6-7, 225) who brings a reputation for solid defense and athleticism and improving shooting to the table. Taylor evolved from .091 from the arc as a sophomore to .423 as a senior.


    "During my years in school I improved my 3-point shooting a lot so I think teams are wanting to see if that was a fluke or if it's actually the real deal," Taylor said. "And I'm out here trying to prove what people know, that I'm an extremely good defensive player and that I can score the ball, as well."


    Barton also is an intriguing prospect, a lithe (6-6, 175) shooting guard who produced 18.0 points, 8.0 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 1.4 steals while shooting .509 from the field as a sophomore. He'll need to add strength to contend in the NBA but has obvious athleticism and the ability to create.


    He's also something of a Pacers fan.


    "I watched them real closely," he said. "They're a team that likes to get after it on defense, they get up and down in transition and really just get after you. I think that's the kind of player I am and I bring a toughness like they already have. They're a real tough team so I think I would be a good asset.


    "I'm a winner. I've always won at every level I've been on. That's the most important thing about the game is winning so when a team is winning and they're interested in you, it makes it more appealing."


    Another workout comes Friday with yet another interesting mix: guards Ashton Gibbs (Pitt), Evan Fournier (France), John Jenkins (Vanderbilt) and Tony Wroten (Washington) along with 7-footer Travis Hyman (Bowie State) and power forward Josh Owens (Stanford).

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:


  33. #248
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,042

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Local products Young, Mavunga work out for Pacers

    Written byMike Wells


    There was a local feel during predraft workouts held out at Bankers Life Fieldhouse today.Local products Alex Young (IUPUI) and Julian Mavunga (Brownsburg High School) were among the six players to workout for the Indiana Pacers today.“It’s a good opportunity to show the Pacers what I can do,” Young said. “I know they’ve seen me a lot, but it’s still good to come in here and show off my skills.”Young, who averaged 20.4 points last season at IUPUI, is a borderline draft pick.

    Mavunga, who spent fours years at Miami (Ohio), likely won’t get drafted.
    “I’m just trying to show I can play and compete,” Mavunga said. “At the end of the day, it’s on you. When you get the opportunity like this to come in and work against other guys, it’s up to you.”Reggie Hamilton (Oakland University), Kyle Kuric (Louisville), Ricardo Ratliffe (Missouri) and Hollis Thompson (Georgetown) also worked out today.

    The Pacers have the No. 26 pick in the June 28 draft.

    http://www.indystar.com/article/2012...ork-out-Pacers

  34. #249
    CA Pacer Fan A-Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,281

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    HENDERSON!

    I wonder how many people know what you're talking about?

  35. #250
    CA Pacer Fan A-Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,281

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not high on Robinson. He's one of those guys who I see as having the dominant skill set for college and not for the pros. Also, Kansas players never pan out. Who is the best Jayhawk in the NBA since Paul Pierce? Nick Collison? Brandon Rush?
    Chalmers?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2175
    Last Post: 08-25-2007, 06:50 PM
  2. Re: The Official JO trade rumors/speculation/discussion thread
    By Alpolloloco in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 02:56 PM
  3. Some Speculation
    By TheDon in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 03:20 AM
  4. speculation
    By microwave_oven in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 11:04 PM
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 06:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •