Page 178 of 178 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178
Results 4,426 to 4,446 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

Also conceivable Fesenko could be offered deal elsewhere between now & then, which he's free to sign, but Bulls can't add anyone for a month
    Details
    6m Marc Stein Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

Bulls announce they've waived C Kyrylo Fesenko, but remember: Chicago will have enough room to bring him back under hard cap after Nov. 19
    Details
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would love to have him backing up Monroe next year. Hope joe puts a bid in on him.
    Seconded. A Monroe-Drummond-Boozer 3 man rotation at the 4 and 5 would be great.

It'd probably cost similar to what Scola got to claim him, but it'd be worth it for 2 years.

possibly even less than Scola, since Scola's starting bids were boosted because of the non-guaranteed part of his contract.
    Boozer is fully guaranteed, so bids could start very low. a 2 mil-ish bid could win it.
    And I'd take him here. He'd make the bench epic.

Sports Logo

this Lebron to the Lakers once Kobe retires is based on nothing at all other than ESPN driving ratings. but if that **** happens I'm done with the league.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

yeah, it's nonsense. But they do have a point in that the Lakers have positioned themselves well.
    It's hilarious that it's on espn, though. This is forum level stuff at best.

I think it's much more likely that if Lebron leaves Miami it is to go wherever CP3 lands.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Dirk is out for 6 weeks.
    http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t...ACN4537097.htm

Dallas, TX (Sports Network) - Dallas Mavericks All-Star forward Dirk Nowitzki
    had arthroscopic surgery on his right knee, the team announced on Friday.

Nowitzki will miss the start of the regular season and will resume basketball
    activity within approximately six weeks. He missed the last three preseason
    games with right knee effusion.

"Eric Gordon missed his fifth straight preseason game due to his chronic knee issues on Thursday."

Lather, rinse, repeat...
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    "Eric Gordon missed his fifth straight preseason game due to his chronic knee issues on Thursday."

Lather, rinse, repeat...
    Way to frail........

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post

Lather, rinse, repeat...
    Should have signed him so that he could make use of our training facilities.

"I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

Possible for the Lakers to get both? Kobe, Gasol and Metta is about 56 million in cap? Buss cares less about the LT. CP3, LBJ and Dwight!!!!

misread Cousy47 post
    Last edited by hackashaq; 10-19-2012 at 07:41 PM.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    this Lebron to the Lakers once Kobe retires is based on nothing at all other than ESPN driving ratings. but if that **** happens I'm done with the league.
    Why would you be upset about this?

LeDecision would be a UFA and he can choose to go to any Team that he wants. Not that he would come here.....but technically, the Pacers could do the same if they tried to clear enough Capspace.

I don't like this whole "Superstars joining each other in warm weather cities"....but unless Stern's hand is involved in landing him in LaLaLand.....this is just a UFA choosing to go to whatever Team he wants to go to.
    Last edited by CableKC; 10-19-2012 at 07:17 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I think it's much more likely that if Lebron leaves Miami it is to go wherever CP3 lands.
    CP3 is a UFA next season.....whatever Team that he lands on would have to make sure that they have enough $$$ to make a run at one of the Big 2 in Miami. But I don't see CP3 leaving Clipperland.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Cousy47 View Post
    Possible for the Lakers to get both? Kobe, Gasol and Metta is about 56 million in cap? Buss cares less about the LT. CP3, LBJ and Dwight!!!!
    CP3 is a UFA in the 2013-2014 season....when the Lakers will be over the Cap and can't make a MAX level offer to CP3. They should be under the cap enough to make a MAX level offer for LeDecision in the 2014-2015 season.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Next time you think "man, Roy got paid a lot!" remind yourself DeAndre Jordan's making about 11 mil per for the next 3 years.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Why would you be upset about this?

LeDecision would be a UFA and he can choose to go to any Team that he wants. Not that he would come here.....but technically, the Pacers could do the same if they tried to clear enough Capspace.

I don't like this whole "Superstars joining each other in warm weather cities"....but unless Stern's hand is involved in landing him in LaLaLand.....this is just a UFA choosing to go to whatever Team he wants to go to.
    Why would I be upset about a guy that'll by then IMO have a legit argument for best of all time picking to go to LA? There's nothing shady about it, Lakers right now have the cash the spend, Lebron'll be a FA. All on the up and up, nothing dirty. Just sucks that all the Lakers have to do is clear cap space and they're a FA destination for a top 10 player of all time (right now) in his prime 2 seasons before it even happens. A damn drunk 8th grader could run the Lakers.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

J7F

http://thunderousintentions.com/2012...act-extension/

Harden and the Thunder seem like they are going to reach a deal. Sources close to the situation say there is such a desire by Harden to end the speculation that he may cave on his max contract demands. What’s been said is that a heavily incentivized deal would be what gets it done, and that kind of deal could get Harden to max money if the Thunder continues to dominate in the West. The NBA counts “easy to achieve” incentives against the cap, however, incentives that are deemed hard to achieve, like making the Conference Finals or being named an All-Star do not count against the cap. This could be the loophole that gets Harden signed, simply because of how good the Thunder have been in the West. A deal isn’t a deal until both sides sign it and get it approved by the league, but there appears to be a real desire on all sides to end the circus that Harden’s impending free agency is causing and it seems the Thunder and their ownership are willing to lock James up now.
    The section that I've put in bold is something that I wasn't aware of. Seems like it could be hugely beneficial to the Thunder in a situation like this.

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    Too bad Delonte is crazy and weird. He's got game.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyfire View Post
    http://thunderousintentions.com/2012...act-extension/

The section that I've put in bold is something that I wasn't aware of. Seems like it could be hugely beneficial to the Thunder in a situation like this.
    Could help, but there are pretty severe limits. Relevant portions from Larry Coon's FAQ:

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q72

Performance incentives are classified as either "likely to be achieved" or "not likely to be achieved," with only the likely incentives included in the player's salary and team salary amounts. The determination of whether an incentive is likely or unlikely is based on whether the criterion was achieved in the previous season. For example, if a player had seven assists per game the previous season, then an incentive based on seven assists per game would be classified as likely to be achieved, but one based on eight assists per game would be classified as not likely.

Unlikely bonuses in any season are limited to 15% of the player's regular salary in that season. In the first season of a contract the base salary, likely bonuses and unlikely bonuses must all fit within the salary cap or exception. The league determines a team's available room under the cap or an exception by adding in the unlikely bonuses for all players who signed that season. This prevents a team from signing multiple players to lower salaries but with lots of unlikely bonuses that collectively exceed the cap room it has to offer. For example, if the Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception is $5 million and this exception is used to sign a player to a contract with $2 million in base salary and $200,000 in unlikely incentives, then only $2.8 million of their Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception can be used to sign other players.

All performance incentives are re-evaluated at the start of each season to determine whether they should be classified as likely or not likely to be achieved. In addition, performance incentives are re-evaluated if the player is traded. For example, a bad team may have a player with a performance incentive based on the team winning 41 games, which the league classifies as not likely to be achieved. If that player is traded to a contending team, the league may reclassify the incentive as likely to be achieved, and therefore include it in the new team's team salary.
    Reaching the Conference Finals is actually considered "likely" for Harden, since the Thunder did it last year. All-Star would be considered "unlikely" for now, but I think most people expect Harden to be an All-Star in the future, after which it would be considered a "likely" bonus (unless you think he's not a perennial All-Star - but why would you offer him near-max money if not?).

And the last point is that even unlikely bonuses are counted against the cap during the first year, so there's little chance that the Thunder could save significant cap/luxury space in the short term by including bonuses that they know are unlikely to be achieved until later in Harden's career.

For reference, Ibaka's new deal has $49m base salary, with up to $51m achievable with performance incentives. The bonuses don't really make up a huge portion of his deal.

So in summary, the use of unlikely bonuses probably isn't a game changer with Harden. They'd still have to offer him a near max deal - or convince Harden to accept a deal that's significantly below market value. It's not really a loophole in that sense.