Page 175 of 178 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178 LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,375 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

it's not just where you make them. A lot of high quality stuff is made in China.
    But there's a lot of research put into Nike shoes. I've no idea about this La-Ning company, but I hope they are at least close to Nike in that regard.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't know where this goes, so whatever:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...5408--nba.html

Check out that bed. My favorite part of the article: "Spencer Ryan Hall of Jazz blog Salt City Hoops found out that the bed is 10-by-12 feet, or large enough to fit two normal-sized grizzly bears and a Mini Cooper." I would love to be in the editorial brainstorming session for that one. "Uhh, okay, so we have 10-by-12 feet. What insane combination of silliness could we have fit on that bed? We need something manly...okay, BEARS! Great! But we need to appeal to female audiences as well...nope! Got it! Mini Cooper! Our work here is done. Pulitzer, here we come!"

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Howard Eskin: Bynum’s Injury Perhaps More Serious Than Sixers Indicate « CBS Philly[/url][/b]
    Note to self....don't draft Bynum in my Fantasy League.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post

every Jordan shoe is made in China cost less than 5 dollars to make normally.
    It's not a matter of where it is being made. It is a matter of the materials being put into it. The La-Ning shoe just looks kind of crappy to me.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Also, not shocked at all to hear about Bynum, and not concerned with the Sixers in any way. Absolute joke that anyone thinks they are going to be better than us at this point in time.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Also, not shocked at all to hear about Bynum, and not concerned with the Sixers in any way. Absolute joke that anyone thinks they are going to be better than us at this point in time.
    I have them even with us and an injury to either team could sway which one finishes higher. The Pacers are made for the regular season marathon. No so much for the playoffs where the superstars (like Bynum) play for more minutes. Bynum had the same procedure in Europe that Koby had and he was always going to miss three weeks.... ...

Mood

Bynum is a superstar now? I know the definitions of these sorts of things are amorphous but I always think of a superstar as the very best of the very best. LeBron. Kobe. Michael. Larry. Magic. Those kinds of guys. I don't think Bynum is even within sniffing range of that kind of talent + work ethic + impact on the game of basketball.
    Last edited by gummy; 10-11-2012 at 05:24 PM.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

"Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:

At absolute best case I see the Sixers as a slightly worse version of last year's Magic squad when Dwight was healthy.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I still think the Nuggets won that deal. I just think that Dwight won't have a very long career. Back surgeries really tend to take people's durability from them in general. I find it hard to believe that Dwight will have a long career from here on out. I really like Afflalo but he's a huge downgrade from Dwight. And Bynum does not have the maturity to fill his potential. Iggy is a very good player and fits the Nuggets extremely well. Veteran and defensive minded. They will be a super long and athletic lineup that will be able to win games solely one athleticism. They can get out and run and lock down in the half court. I just think when we look back on this deal after five years, the Nuggets will have won.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. … You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Random thought: You know for a guy who people are saying has his body breaking down on him, I think D-Wade is taking a major risk signing with this Chinese shoe company. I don't know if anyone else has seen the shoes, but their quality looks like complete crap and anyone that has played bball knows your shoe is an important factor in how well your body can with stand the quick cuts and stops and go's you put on your joints. I will be very interested to see if Wade suffers an early ankle or knee injury this season. I know he stands to make a cruise ship full of money from this deal, but I can't help but wonder if it was a bad decision. The shoe's components look like they are made from the cheapest things they could find. They do not have the solid look you see from Nike or Adidas bball shoes.
    Do you think we'll have a Nike shoe designer tell Wade after he blows out a knee that he should have gone with Nike again?
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bynum a superstar .... Mwahahaha!

It'll be fun to see how he and Doug Collins get along, or more likely, don't. What a bad mix. I'll love to see Doug Collins blow a gasket when Bynum think's it's okay to shoot 3's.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    Bynum a superstar .... Mwahahaha!

It'll be fun to see how he and Doug Collins get along, or more likely, don't. What a bad mix. I'll love to see Doug Collins blow a gasket when Bynum think's it's okay to shoot 3's.
    Please. Collins will get along with him very well and he is delighted to have a super star. He has the second best center in the entire NBA.... You will hear Doug talking about how great he is and how hard he works..... ...

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    Bynum is a superstar now? I know the definitions of these sorts of things are amorphous but I always think of a superstar as the very best of the very best. LeBron. Kobe. Michael. Larry. Magic. Those kinds of guys. I don't think Bynum is even within sniffing range of that kind of talent + work ethic + impact on the game of basketball.
    The number two center in the NBA always ranks as a superstar in my book..... ...

HE HIT! HE HIT! HE HIT! glazedham42's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    The number two center in the NBA always ranks as a superstar in my book..... ...
    Maybe if it was the mid 1990s. As far as I'm concerned there has been a big man drought in the last 10 years. The top 2 big men in the league now would be lucky to be top 10 fifteen years ago. You have to beat Olajuwon, Ewing, Robinson, O'Neal, Mutombo, and Mourning just to crack into the top 5. The Center position is not what it used to be. There is a real lack of skilled big men in the NBA now.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by glazedham42 View Post
    Maybe if it was the mid 1990s. As far as I'm concerned there has been a big man drought in the last 10 years. The top 2 big men in the league now would be lucky to be top 10 fifteen years ago. You have to beat Olajuwon, Ewing, Robinson, O'Neal, Mutombo, and Mourning just to crack into the top 5. The Center position is not what it used to be. There is a real lack of skilled big men in the NBA now.
    Bynum is certainly better than Mutombo. I also consider him better than Mourning too. Olajuwon, Ewing and Robinson were in a class by themselves. But, then again, if you include Chamberlain, Russell and Kareem, then that group doesn't look so good either. I'll repeat, Bynum is the number two center in the NBA and he is a superstar..... ...

Quote Originally Posted by glazedham42 View Post
    true re your first statement, but Dwight would crack that top 5.

Please. Collins will get along with him very well and he is delighted to have a super star. He has the second best center in the entire NBA.... You will hear Doug talking about how great he is and how hard he works..... ...
    i'm not so sure. i mean, he might talk like it during the press conferences. but this is Doug Collins, he literally made Kwame cry for not being tough and high effort enough in Washington. He can deal with lack of talent, but he's very intolerant to lack of effort and bad attitude. He's the coach version of Jordan in that respect.

I wonder if Collins will survive there long, though, this isn't college. If he clashes with Bynum, which I suspect he will, he'll find himself out of job.

Banned

If Bynum is healthy he is capable of putting 25 and 12 per game as the number one option in Philly those are superstar numbers, but as always the big question with Bynum is how healthy he is going to be?

Bynum is certainly better than Mutombo. I also consider him better than Mourning too. Olajuwon, Ewing and Robinson were in a class by themselves. But, then again, if you include Chamberlain, Russell and Kareem, then that group doesn't look so good either. I'll repeat, Bynum is the number two center in the NBA and he is a superstar..... ...
    A player is only a superstar if the fans let him become one. JO was a superstar because he had his hair braided with the slick bandana, but he put up 24 ppg once in his career. Bynum isn't a superstar because he does not connect with the fanbase like Dwight or even Roy Hibbert does in my opinion.

"I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    A player is only a superstar if the fans let him become one. JO was a superstar because he had his hair braided with the slick bandana, but he put up 24 ppg once in his career. Bynum isn't a superstar because he does not connect with the fanbase like Dwight or even Roy Hibbert does in my opinion.
    lol

sam perkins was the only one who every rocked an in-game bandana, for half of a preseason game, before the refs made him take it off. and he is a superstar in my book.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    Bynum is a far better player than JO and I don't think JO was ever a superstar. Some players, like Bill Russell, never connected with his fan base (he didn't even like them much) but he was a superstar and so is Andrew Bynum. Dwight is a superstar because of his play, who cares what the fanbase things...... Roy Hibbert is loved but isn't even close to superstardom.... ...

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    If Bynum is healthy he is capable of putting 25 and 12 per game as the number one option in Philly those are superstar numbers, but as always the big question with Bynum is how healthy he is going to be?
    If Bynum averages 25 and 12 and plays more than 70 games this year I'll change my avatar to an Andrew Bynum picture for the entire offseason.

27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Banned

If Bynum averages 25 and 12 and plays more than 70 games this year I'll change my avatar to an Andrew Bynum picture for the entire offseason.
    He average 18 and 12 with Kobe and Gasol last year I think is fair to expect him to average more as the main guy.

He average 18 and 12 with Kobe and Gasol last year I think is fair to expect him to average more as the main guy.
    We will see.

considering he's not even fully practicing yet, the 70 game part looks the shakiest.
    re stats - maybe. But it depends on the Philly game plan a lot. They played one of the slowest paces last year despite being pretty athletic, slower than the Lakers. Take away a super athlete in Iggy, add Bynum as the focal point, I don't expect them to get any faster.