Page 174 of 178 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178 LastLast
Results 4,326 to 4,350 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

If his anxiety is that bad, why can he fly on some flights but not on others?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

apparently he can fly on all of them, a severe anxiety crisis isn't certain but there's a risk every time, so he wants to limit those chances.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    well, he's not the first to do this, just (afaik) the first in the NBA. but there have been examples in other sports.
    it COULD work but he's starting off his career on a wrong foot.
    Who?

The only semi-example I could think of was John Madden. And he flew his entire coaching career. The bus only started after he retired and moved to the broadcasting booth.

I suppose a baseball starting pitcher could do it but I really can't think of any other way it could be feasible.
    Last edited by BRushWithDeath; 10-05-2012 at 02:50 PM.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    Who?

The only semi-example I could think of was John Madden. And he flew his entire coaching career. The bus only started after he retired and moved to the broadcasting booth.

I suppose a baseball starting pitcher could do it but I really can't think of any other way it could be feasible.
    I was thinking of Dennis Bergkamp and Alex Mogilnyj. Bergkamp never overcame it, he never flew in his prime afaik. He even missed many important matches. Alex Mogilnyj (hockey) had it at the start of his NHL career and asked to travel by bus but he eased into it by year 2. i'm sure i don't know many cases, but there have been a lot of athletes with the problem, i just don't know if and how they dealt with it without putting in a lot of research.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    If his anxiety is that bad, why can he fly on some flights but not on others?
    I'm assuming he is able to fly from time to time, with great distress and possibly by taking prescription drugs, but the repeated stress of it doing it nearly every day would be too much.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    I'm assuming he is able to fly from time to time, with great distress and possibly by taking prescription drugs, but the repeated stress of it doing it nearly every day would be too much.
    I agree.

And the stress probably doesn't just kick in when he gets on the plane. As the season approached and he looked at all the travel upcoming he probably became stressed. He may have been losing sleep, losing his appetite, etc. And if he's having those problems now, he knows he's likely to suffer like that throughout the season as road trips approach so that he's affected even when he's playing at home.

Knowing that the bus option will be available when possible is probably helping to ease his stress now and allow him to cope with the coming season. And as someone said, if he flies Houston to Indy, has the bus meet him in Indy and then buses to Chicago, Milwaukee, Detroit, Cleveland, and Philly, then flies home, then he's cut out 5 of 7 flights during that road trip. That's a load off his mind now, in the days leading up to the road trip and during the road trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    I agree.

And the stress probably doesn't just kick in when he gets on the plane. As the season approached and he looked at all the travel upcoming he probably became stressed. He may have been losing sleep, losing his appetite, etc. And if he's having those problems now, he knows he's likely to suffer like that throughout the season as road trips approach so that he's affected even when he's playing at home.

Knowing that the bus option will be available when possible is probably helping to ease his stress now and allow him to cope with the coming season. And as someone said, if he flies Houston to Indy, has the bus meet him in Indy and then buses to Chicago, Milwaukee, Detroit, Cleveland, and Philly, then flies home, then he's cut out 5 of 7 flights during that road trip. That's a load off his mind now, in the days leading up to the road trip and during the road trip.
    Yeah, I'm guessing that that's what his people are busy figuring out right now.

Banned
    Mood

1. Knock him out.
    2. Place him on the plane.
    3. Wake him once it lands.
    4. Profit.

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    1. Knock him out.
    4. Profit.
    Ahh, yes, the Charlie Kelly treatment.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Ahh, yes, the Charlie Kelly treatment.
    I was thinking more like BA Baracus myself.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

the guy needs better PR advisers though. Apparently, he's reading all the articles about himself and getting into twitter wars with every writer / blogger who's not 100% positive.

It's good that he's vocal about mental illness issues and such, but he has to understand that (A) he's a ball player first and shouldn't be doing whatever he's doing while his teammates are in camp, and (B) twitter wars with journalists haven't helped anyone or any cause yet.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    1. Knock him out.
    4. Profit.
    Tyson could be good at this.

Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post
    the guy needs better PR advisers though. Apparently, he's reading all the articles about himself and getting into twitter wars with every writer / blogger who's not 100% positive.

It's good that he's vocal about mental illness issues and such, but he has to understand that (A) he's a ball player first and shouldn't be doing whatever he's doing while his teammates are in camp, and (B) twitter wars with journalists haven't helped anyone or any cause yet.
    In the video interview he said he's OCD. He may be obsessively reading and responding to the reports. For someone with a mental illness, "he has to understand" may not apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    In the video interview he said he's OCD. He may be obsessively reading and responding to the reports. For someone with a mental illness, "he has to understand" may not apply.
    which is why he desperately needs good advisers. i don't really want to speculate if mental illness is causing him to be on twitter or not, we may get wayyy off track this way, but the quality of people helping him - if there are any - seems suspect, atm.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to hackashaq For This Useful Post:

If I'm his agent I delete his Twitter account immediately.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

DC had a nice preseason debut for Dallas, recording 14 points (6/9 shooting), 9 assists (3 turnovers), and 2 steals.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    DC had a nice preseason debut for Dallas, recording 14 points (6/9 shooting), 9 assists (3 turnovers), and 2 steals.
    Good numbers but he absolutely stunk it up at the end of the 4th quarter. Two forced passes that led to turnovers/fast breaks and a wide open three that hit the top side of the backboard all reminded me of his late game play here.

That new adidas Derrick Rose commercial is pretty cool. I said it.

And, the Bobcats owe a first rounder to the Bulls for the Tyrus Thomas trade. It's top 13 protected this year, but only top 10 in 2014. There's a chance of that happening maybe. Man that deal was terrible Jordan.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; 10-07-2012 at 05:25 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    That new adidas Derrick Rose commercial is pretty cool. I said it.

And, the Bobcats owe a first rounder to the Bulls for the Tyrus Thomas trade. It's top 13 protected this year, but only top 10 in 2014. There's a chance of that happening maybe. Man that deal was terrible Jordan.
    Jordan is a terrible owner. Seems right up his alley. Too bad he wouldn't agree to a trade with the Pacers and help us out. hahaha

That DRose commercial is pretty good.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

and the Bulls have Nikola Mirotic waiting in Europe, he's a very solid prospect. I guess that's why the Bulls felt so confident in letting Asik and Brewer go. They have assets that should help them to rebuild very easily.

got FOUR FREAKING HOURS to kill?

Random thought: You know for a guy who people are saying has his body breaking down on him, I think D-Wade is taking a major risk signing with this Chinese shoe company. I don't know if anyone else has seen the shoes, but their quality looks like complete crap and anyone that has played bball knows your shoe is an important factor in how well your body can with stand the quick cuts and stops and go's you put on your joints. I will be very interested to see if Wade suffers an early ankle or knee injury this season. I know he stands to make a cruise ship full of money from this deal, but I can't help but wonder if it was a bad decision. The shoe's components look like they are made from the cheapest things they could find. They do not have the solid look you see from Nike or Adidas bball shoes.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

I'm sure the La-Ning shoes are made in the same sweatshops as Nikes. Wade'll be fine.

Banned
    Mood

Howard Eskin: Bynum’s Injury Perhaps More Serious Than Sixers Indicate « CBS Philly

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Eskin
    PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Andrew Bynum will miss all of Sixers training camp, and will likely not see any playing time during preseason games as he rests his knees. According to the team, Bynum not playing is a precautionary measure “in order to maximize the therapeutic effects of the Orthokine therapy he received earlier this month.”

The Sixers did also say that Bynum was “diagnosed with a bone bruise of the medial femoral chondyle of his right knee.”

94WIP’s Howard Eskin says that he is “getting the sense there is a more serious injury with Andrew Bynum’s knee than the Sixers are telling us. I will go as far as saying I think the Lakers may have given the Sixers damaged goods.”

Bynum did tell Comcast Sportsnet’s Dei Lynam earlier this week, “I feel pretty good and I am definitely getting better. I just really have been trying to get down the offense because it is brand new.”

Bynum’s knee problems have been well documented throughout his career, but he managed to remain healthy for most of the 2011-12 season for the Lakers.

The Sixers play their first preseason game, sans Bynum, Thursday night in Orlando against the Magic.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Random thought: You know for a guy who people are saying has his body breaking down on him, I think D-Wade is taking a major risk signing with this Chinese shoe company. I don't know if anyone else has seen the shoes, but their quality looks like complete crap and anyone that has played bball knows your shoe is an important factor in how well your body can with stand the quick cuts and stops and go's you put on your joints. I will be very interested to see if Wade suffers an early ankle or knee injury this season. I know he stands to make a cruise ship full of money from this deal, but I can't help but wonder if it was a bad decision. The shoe's components look like they are made from the cheapest things they could find. They do not have the solid look you see from Nike or Adidas bball shoes.

every Jordan shoe is made in China cost less than 5 dollars to make normally.