Page 167 of 178 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,175 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Thunder signed Ibaka to a 4 year extension. "40 million plus."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--se...homa-city.html

He'd have gotten way more on the open market (and been extremely overpaid). But that's a nice deal for OKC. Presti strikes again. Now, about James Harden...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If they're willing to move Harden, God I hope we get in on that somehow.

Without Westbrook and Durant, and if he played 35+ minutes per game he would easily average 20-5-5. I mean the guy is averaging 17-4-4 in 31 minutes while sharing the ball with 2 guys who finished 2nd and 3rd in the NBA in shots attempted.

If he gets out of OKC he's going to shock some people, I think.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

He'd have gotten way more on the open market (and been extremely overpaid). But that's a nice deal for OKC. Presti strikes again. Now, about James Harden...
    On Twitter, Woj has updated that to 4 years $48m. Which sounds a lot more reasonable, given what the big man market is like.

It's a bit weird that they've decided to lock up Ibaka without deciding what to do with Harden yet, or maybe they HAVE decided but we haven't found out yet. Of course the 2 contracts aren't directly related, but you'd think they need to account for both in deciding how much tax they're willing to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post

Without Westbrook and Durant, and if he played 35+ minutes per game he would easily average 20-5-5. I mean the guy is averaging 17-4-4 in 31 minutes while sharing the ball with 2 guys who finished 2nd and 3rd in the NBA in shots attempted.

not saying you're wrong, but I don't think so. Didn't Harden basically disappear during the finals? or at least not play very well. Harden is skilled, but not athletic. He benefits big time from playing with guys that command double teams and is the guy left over that gets easier shots. He's got skills to be sure, but is in a position that makes him look better than he really is, imo at least.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

And it's not like he just puts up big numbers ala Tyreke Evans or Monta Ellis. His style of play is unselfish and in the flow of the offense, always making the right plays.

Sports Logo

I hope this doesn't toe the line or anything, but Herb donated $7,500 to the Mitt Romney campaign

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/08...bama-revealed/

I hope this doesn't toe the line or anything, but Herb donated $7,500 to the Mitt Romney campaign

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/08...bama-revealed/
    Interesting from the standpoint that I had heard of him (and Mel) donating to various Democrats before. They even hosted a fund raising dinner for Clinton, if I remember correctly. So, perhaps he is not just a party-line kind of guy. That's a good thing, if true.

billbradley

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    Interesting from the standpoint that I had heard of him (and Mel) donating to various Democrats before. They even hosted a fund raising dinner for Clinton, if I remember correctly. So, perhaps he is not just a party-line kind of guy. That's a good thing, if true.
    Mel had and now Bren continues to donate tens of thousands to the Dems, not sure if Herb always has.

http://fundrace.huffingtonpost.com/n...mon&fname=Bren

12. The Following User Says Thank You to billbradley For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    not saying you're wrong, but I don't think so. Didn't Harden basically disappear during the finals? or at least not play very well. Harden is skilled, but not athletic. He benefits big time from playing with guys that command double teams and is the guy left over that gets easier shots. He's got skills to be sure, but is in a position that makes him look better than he really is, imo at least.
    Austin Croshere played huge in the Finals. It didn't make him great, or even good. Just as one bad series by Harden doesn't say much about him, either. Even though in the Finals he averaged 12 points, 5 rebounds and 4 assists. Athletically I don't get the knock on him. If you've watched him play, he gets to, and finishes around the rim as well as anyone. His play doesn't rely on athleticism, but it's there if he needs it. He's more athletic than people give him credit for. He's not athletic in the same way that Manu Ginobilli isn't. I worry about guys like Russell Westbrook, who on almost every play you go ... 'damn, that guys is athletic", because once that fades even a little, what do you have left?

Harden would be the best player on this Pacers team. He would be able to get his own shot at the rim, while creating for others along the way. Harden would be fine without Durant and Westbrook around.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

i don't see why they'd give up Harden or let him go. If it comes to it, they can just amnesty Perk.
    I hope fans won't get obsessed with the Harden idea, because it seems even more unrealistic than the Eric Gordon one was.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Austin Croshere played huge in the Finals. It didn't make him great, or even good. Just as one bad series by Harden doesn't say much about him, either. Even though in the Finals he averaged 12 points, 5 rebounds and 4 assists. Athletically I don't get the knock on him. If you've watched him play, he gets to, and finishes around the rim as well as anyone. His play doesn't rely on athleticism, but it's there if he needs it. He's more athletic than people give him credit for. He's not athletic in the same way that Manu Ginobilli isn't. I worry about guys like Russell Westbrook, who on almost every play you go ... 'damn, that guys is athletic", because once that fades even a little, what do you have left?

Harden would be the best player on this Pacers team. He would be able to get his own shot at the rim, while creating for others along the way. Harden would be fine without Durant and Westbrook around.
    Harden is a lil tough to project. A lot of his numbers either come as him being the number one option on the floor against 2nd teamers, or as the 3rd option with two other all pro guys. I agree, he's much more athletic than ppl give him credit for, but there's a big big difference between what he does, and between being a number one option on a playoff team. Those kind of players are truly hard to project.

not sure the Austin Croshere example proves anything. The fact is Harden is not very athletic by NBA standards. He is highly skilled. While the skill stays and the athleticism decreases, the lack of athleticism means Harden is what he is. He's only going to get worse.

FWIW, James Harden is not, nor will he ever be, Manu Ginobilli.

Harden is a good player. But not a great player. He will help you win games vs Minnesota in January. He is not the guy that will win games in the ECF vs Miami. The Pacers don't need a guy that wins games vs MIN, they need guys that win games vs MIA. Spending Max type money for Harden is silly. Spending $10M for Harden is a good idea. Going after an overhyped player is a bad idea. The Austin Croshere example shows that.

Banned

@SamAmicoFSO: RT @JohnTelich8: Source: Cavs likely to buy out Omri Casspi from contract. Hearing this may be a mutual desire.

Sports Logo

yeah....a super athletic shot blocking rebounding PF like Ibaka would have gotten some near Max offer cuz some team will offer him an overpaid contract. I am surprised that he took the extension.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Banned

@SamAmicoFSO: If Cavs do in fact part ways with Casspi, it's likely because Luke Walton will not agree to buyout. Don't want both. Would prefer Casspi.

@SamAmicoFSO: There have been whispers this summer Casspi wants to leave NBA and return overseas. Walton, on other hand, knows this is his final contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    Looking at Herb's donation history, he's definitely no strict party line guy. Although ALL of the Simon family gave money to Senator Lugar. Not too surprising really (and hopefully thats as far as the political discussion goes).
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

not sure the Austin Croshere example proves anything. The fact is Harden is not very athletic by NBA standards. He is highly skilled. While the skill stays and the athleticism decreases, the lack of athleticism means Harden is what he is. He's only going to get worse.
    ...not only does that make no sense at all, but it's not even remotely true. You could fill five thousand pages with the amount of falsehoods you've managed to cram into a mere five sentences.

I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

25. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

FWIW, James Harden is not, nor will he ever be, Manu Ginobilli.
    Just going to post this. Statistically Harden and Ginobili look similar, but I googled it to see if I was the only person making this comparison. Apparently not, I don't know how you can watch this and not see some similarities.

There are a couple dunks in here by Harden that rules out the not athletic thing as well. The 45 second mark is a good one.

Last edited by xBulletproof; 08-19-2012 at 07:59 PM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I was making the comparison when he was still at Arizona state.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    I was making the comparison when he was still at Arizona state.
    I never saw him in college. I have made the comparison for a couple of years but never heard anyone else say it, thought maybe I was imagining it.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    ...not only does that make no sense at all, but it's not even remotely true. You could fill five thousand pages with the amount of falsehoods you've managed to cram into a mere five sentences.

I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.
    I can't quite thank this, because it borders on irreverence. But I shall quote it because it is extremely funny.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

31. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

remember when Lebron first left and there was all that "Lebron'll never be able to go home again" stuff? Yeah, not so much.

http://www.ohio.com/news/local/lebro...chool-1.328210

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

remember when Lebron first left and there was all that "Lebron'll never be able to go home again" stuff? Yeah, not so much.
    in hindsight, him drawing the line between Cleveland and Akron might've helped in that regard a lot.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    in hindsight, him drawing the line between Cleveland and Akron might've helped in that regard a lot.
    There is a big difference between Akron and Cleveland. At least to those from Akron. LeBron's from Akron. They see him differently than the Cleveland fans do.