Page 162 of 178 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172 ... LastLast
Results 4,026 to 4,050 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

The big difference with LA signing most of our old players, is they make up LA's second unit. They were our starters (for the most part obviously).
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

Sports Logo

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...e_DeJuan_Blair

The Spurs are continuing to search for a trade of DeJuan Blair.

"Hopefully, I stay a Spur, but if it doesn't happen, life moves on," Blair said. "They've got me on the trade market and they'll do the best to get me in the greatest situation possible."

Blair started 62 games this past regular season, but averaged just 7.6 minutes during the playoffs.

"It's tough, not even playing," he said. "I kept my teammates into it, kept them going. Once I got my time, I used the best of my minutes. ... Last year was last year, just like the year before was the year before.

"It's all the same thing. I'm working really hard to not have the issues at the end of the year, keep my body right, get my shot and just be a pro."

Via Douglas Farmer/Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (via Project Spurs)
    Maybe this is why the Spurs are waiting to sign Blatche, they need the Cap or roster space
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe this is why the Spurs are waiting to sign Blatche, they need the Cap or roster space
    C'mon Pacers if the Spurs are willing to sign Blatche, please take a flier on the guy. Hans was supposed to be a safe pick and how'd that turn out. Plumlee was another boring pick. Please take a chance on the guy, the Pacers have the right kind of culture to get through to him. It's a low risk, high reward situation! Argh!
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

Donte Greene says he is on the Knicks' radar. The former Sacramento Kings forward and current free agent said in a recent radio interview that the Knicks are among three teams who have expressed interest in signing him. Greene told TheCDNetworks.com, a Sacramento internet radio show, that he is in talks with Chicago, New York and Indiana. He called the trio his "top three" possible free-agent destinations. "Anybody could pop up at any time," Greene told the radio show on Friday. "But those are the three that we're focusing on and trying to work out and get a deal done." ESPN.com

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    Donte Greene says he is on the Knicks' radar. The former Sacramento Kings forward and current free agent said in a recent radio interview that the Knicks are among three teams who have expressed interest in signing him. Greene told TheCDNetworks.com, a Sacramento internet radio show, that he is in talks with Chicago, New York and Indiana. He called the trio his "top three" possible free-agent destinations. "Anybody could pop up at any time," Greene told the radio show on Friday. "But those are the three that we're focusing on and trying to work out and get a deal done." ESPN.com
    I know he'd just ride the bench, but I wouldn't want to even have this guy on the bench. He just sucks.

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Via Chris Tomasson, FoxSports
    A source close to free-agent forward Lou Amundson said Charlotte is looking at Amundson, and that it's unlikely he would go to Greece. .... The source said the New York Knicks are also looking at Amundson. However, the Knicks only can offer the minimum and Amundson is looking for a deal in the area of $3 million a season.

Two utter stains of teams in the NBA i feel sorry for Lou

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    C'mon Pacers if the Spurs are willing to sign Blatche, please take a flier on the guy. Hans was supposed to be a safe pick and how'd that turn out. Plumlee was another boring pick. Please take a chance on the guy, the Pacers have the right kind of culture to get through to him. It's a low risk, high reward situation! Argh!
    I consider him a high risk player. Overweight, not fully motivated, headcase, that's the impression I have of him. For some reason the Spurs seem to be able to handle headcases (Jackson, Diaw) better than most other teams. I think the Pacers culture is exactly the opposite of what Blatche is known for: smart, hardworking players, maybe not that talented but hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.

The jury is still out on Plumlee. Just because it didn't work out with Hansbrough, doesn't mean it won't work out with Miles. Bird just like anyone else can learn from his mistakes and do it better the next time.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MvPlumlee View Post
    The jury is still out on Plumlee. Just because it didn't work out with Hansbrough, doesn't mean it won't work out with Miles. Bird just like anyone else can learn from his mistakes and do it better the next time.
    No one was discouraged by the Plumlee pick because Hansbrough sucks. It was because Plumlee's on national TV 8+ times a year and most of us saw him play plenty and saw nothing resembling a 1st round pick. Him being on TV a ton is the only similarity he has with Hansbrough.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Safe pick? Low ceiling? Garbage player? I'd say there are definitely similarities. Are u saying that Hansbrough was picked where everyone predicted him to be picked?
    I can understand why someone calls him a boring pick, I do, I just want to see how boring he will be as a Pacer.

Quote Originally Posted by MvPlumlee View Post
    I consider him a high risk player. Overweight, not fully motivated, headcase, that's the impression I have of him. For some reason the Spurs seem to be able to handle headcases (Jackson, Diaw) better than most other teams. I think the Pacers culture is exactly the opposite of what Blatche is known for: smart, hardworking players, maybe not that talented but hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.

I'm right there with Heisenberg. My opinion/evaluation of Plumlee has nothing to do with Hans.

Plumlee avg 30min and 6.6boards in Summer League where most teams were shooting in the low 40%. That doesn't instill much confidense cause he was playing against a lot of scrubs. I don't see any resemblance to Foster. He doesn't look like he hustles to me. I think the only thing he has in common with Foster is that he is a good offensive rebounder. That's about it. I really doubt he does much of anything...but I hope the guy proves me wrong. Busting on first rounders will really hurt the Pacers in the long run.

Now really free Lance!

A future outlooking.

Looking at the 2013 NBA PF Free Agents, I see Paul Milsap as a UFA. I doubt he gets resigned since the Jazz have Favors.

What are the chances the Pacers go after this guy if West does not want to come back (or even if West wants to come back). Be nice to have a guy like Milsap, I've always liked his game, def has a game that suits the Pacers. Just wonder what his asking price would be.

Really, only West, Milsap and Al Jefferson are UFA, that are even worth looking at. Would love Serge Ibaka, but he's a RFA, so no chance there.

Now really free Lance!

A future outlooking.

Looking at the 2013 NBA PF Free Agents, I see Paul Milsap as a UFA. I doubt he gets resigned since the Jazz have Favors.

What are the chances the Pacers go after this guy if West does not want to come back (or even if West wants to come back). Be nice to have a guy like Milsap, I've always liked his game, def has a game that suits the Pacers. Just wonder what his asking price would be.

Really, only West, Milsap and Al Jefferson are UFA, that are even worth looking at. Would love Serge Ibaka, but he's a RFA, so no chance there.
    they've already made an extension offer to Milsap. But they can't offer much under this CBA (~3/25), so I wonder how it turns out. I suspect he'll be back. A long term rotation of Favors/Kanter/Milsap makes a lot of sense.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm right there with Heisenberg. My opinion/evaluation of Plumlee has nothing to do with Hans.

Plumlee avg 30min and 6.6boards in Summer League where most teams were shooting in the low 40%. That doesn't instill much confidense cause he was playing against a lot of scrubs. I don't see any resemblance to Foster. He doesn't look like he hustles to me. I think the only thing he has in common with Foster is that he is a good offensive rebounder. That's about it. I really doubt he does much of anything...but I hope the guy proves me wrong. Busting on first rounders will really hurt the Pacers in the long run.
    You can say that again! The draft is where good teams build inexpensive depth for their roster.

Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    they've already made an extension offer to Milsap. But they can't offer much under this CBA (~3/25), so I wonder how it turns out. I suspect he'll be back. A long term rotation of Favors/Kanter/Milsap makes a lot of sense.
    I'd have to think that Favors wouldn't be happy about that. I'm sure he'll want to start soon. Kanter will be the starting C after Jefferson leaves. While it would be a really nice frontcourt, I would expect someone to feel slighted, and that being Favors.

Now really free Lance!

I'd have to think that Favors wouldn't be happy about that. I'm sure he'll want to start soon. Kanter will be the starting C after Jefferson leaves. While it would be a really nice frontcourt, I would expect someone to feel slighted, and that being Favors.
    I'd imagine long term it's Kanter/Favors starting (Favors compliments Kanter much better than Milsap does).
    Then Milsap gets 30-34 minutes off the bench, with Favors getting a good share of his minutes at 5 next to Milsap.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    Via Chris Tomasson, FoxSports
    A source close to free-agent forward Lou Amundson said Charlotte is looking at Amundson, and that it's unlikely he would go to Greece. .... The source said the New York Knicks are also looking at Amundson. However, the Knicks only can offer the minimum and Amundson is looking for a deal in the area of $3 million a season.

Two utter stains of teams in the NBA i feel sorry for Lou
    Amundson needs to get a new Agent to convince him that he's not going to get a $3 mil contract in the post-CBA environment.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

A future outlooking.

Given Bird's past interest in Milsap....I can see the Pacers going after him as a UFA. However, how much cap space are we going to have next season assuming that West isn't re-signed ( which I can see us being 50/50 doing )?

Amundson needs to get a new Agent to convince him that he's not going to get a $3 mil contract in the post-CBA environment.
    $3M. Ha! Some good players were getting signed for $4M and $5M. He's not that good, and certainly not worth $3M. Hell, Ian is only making $4M!

Now really free Lance!

Pacers are interested in Anthony Tolliver. Seems like a Hans type player, and inefficient PF that isn't a good rebounder. Shot 39% last season (42% career90)...he's a PF!

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...thony_Tolliver

I'm all for keeping an open slot or signing someone on the cheap, but damn, the guys the Pacers are looking at for the final spot are barely scrubs.

Now really free Lance!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pacers are interested in Anthony Tolliver. Seems like a Hans type player, and inefficient PF that isn't a good rebounder. Shot 39% last season (42% career90)...he's a PF!
    He shot 39% but most of those were 3's. He shot 101 3's. He shot 81 2's. 25% from 3 and 57% inside the arc.

He's nothing like a Hans type player. Tyler's poor percentage is all close to the basket.

He seems more like a James Posey type player to me. Not really a good thing, but still.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

At least this guy seems to think that the Pacers should pick up Blatche

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...nterest-so-far
    Blatche will eventually draw interest from somewhere. He has too much talent not too and talent always trumps the negatives. It's the way the NBA works. The Pacers, the Magic, the Clippers, the Hawks, the Lakers, the 76ers -- it seems like there are a number of decent fits out there.

Now really free Lance!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Hummel will play in Spain this year. Not all that surprising, his Summer League numbers were a little dodgy. Hope Moore can at least stick in the NBA this year, although time seems to be running short and roster slots filling up...

http://www.jconline.com/article/2012...text|FRONTPAGE

Sports Logo

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...Nuggets_Sixers

The Lakers and Magic are again discussing a trade involving Dwight Howard, according to sources.

The two teams are also involving the 76ers and Nuggets in trade talks. Talks have been ongoing for several days and are substantive even though no agrement is close.

The deal would send Howard and Al Harrington to the Lakers, Andre Iguodala going to the Nuggets, Andrew Bynum to the Sixers, while the Magic would receive Pau Gasol and Arron Afflalo.

Orlando could trade Gasol in a future trade to receive additional assets, whereas the team runs the risk of losing Bynum in free agency in 2013.

The Magic would also acquire draft picks and cap relief.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports
    Geez.....Bynum + Gasol for Dwight Howard? Great haul for the Magic and Sixers...heck, even the Nuggets.....but the trade sucks for the Lakers.

Trading to high quality Starting Big Men for Dwight isn't worth it if you ask me....but I guess having a 2 Tweener Forwards like Jamison and Harrington will make up for losing Gasol ( NOT! )
    Last edited by CableKC; 08-09-2012 at 01:23 PM.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Geez.....Bynum + Gasol for Dwight Howard? Great haul for the Magic and Sixers...heck, even the Nuggets.....but the trade sucks for the Lakers.

Trading to high quality Starting Big Men for Dwight isn't worth it if you ask me....but I guess having a 2 Tweener Forwards like Jamison and Harrington will make up for losing Gasol ( NOT! )
    It is a lot to give up for Howard, but from what I've heard Howard isn't going to sign an extension anywhere (even Brooklyn), so the Lakers, being well over the cap, will need to have room to sign him at the end of next season (which they can't do with Gasol's $19M salary on their books). They have to give up both guys to get him.

The Magic would get an aging Gasol and Affalo? WTF They should be making a trade with Houston. They could take so many of those young studs that Houston has. If you have to reboot, start off with some young talent that you can control for the next few years.

Just don't get what the Magic are doing.

Now really free Lance!