Page 137 of 178 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

  1. #3401
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who did the Bulls get?
    The speculation I read on Twitter was possibly a sign-and-trade with Kirk Hinrich.

  2. #3402
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Sources: Houston making plays for Howard | News - Home

    The article says that OKC has offered Harden and Ibaka for Dwight.

  3. #3403
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sources: Houston making plays for Howard | News - Home

    The article says that OKC has offered Harden and Ibaka for Dwight.
    if this is true, you can't top that.

  4. #3404
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sources: Houston making plays for Howard | News - Home

    The article says that OKC has offered Harden and Ibaka for Dwight.
    They should offer Perkins instead, I've been advocating for them to get Howard in a long time and never understood why no?, Westbrook, Durant and Howard? damn.

  5. #3405
    Member PaulGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    298

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors

    Some eyebrows were raised when Indiana included Dahntay Jones in the deal with Dallas this week, leaving the Pacers thin on the wing.

    But one reason why the Pacers may have felt they could do so, according to Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress.com, is the strong play of second-rounder Orlando Johnson during Summer League play in Orlando.

    The 6-foot-5 UC Santa Barbara product was selected No. 36 overall by Sacramento and acquired in a draft-day trade. Givony writes that he's "ready to play now."
    I'm a Beast

  6. #3406

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulGeorge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors

    Some eyebrows were raised when Indiana included Dahntay Jones in the deal with Dallas this week, leaving the Pacers thin on the wing.

    But one reason why the Pacers may have felt they could do so, according to Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress.com, is the strong play of second-rounder Orlando Johnson during Summer League play in Orlando.

    The 6-foot-5 UC Santa Barbara product was selected No. 36 overall by Sacramento and acquired in a draft-day trade. Givony writes that he's "ready to play now."

    Seriously, where do people come off with this tripe? OJ isn't having a strong SL. What did they think the Pacers got Green for? Hmm, Dahntay replacement? Duh!

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  8. #3407
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,876
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who did the Bulls get?
    They get to keep their MMLE and get rid of Korver who was bad last year IMO. I dont get this by the Hawks unless they get picks and or cash. John Jenkins and Morrow is basically Korver I guess Kyle is a free agent after the year so not that bad I guess. They will have 3 great shooters I guess you can never have too many but if it was me I would of been fine with John Jenkins and Morrow. They basically have 3 SGs who do the same thing.


    Danny Ferry just said no deal with Chicago has happen he is talking at SL in the booth.

  9. #3408
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,095
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seriously, where do people come off with this tripe? OJ isn't having a strong SL. What did they think the Pacers got Green for? Hmm, Dahntay replacement? Duh!
    Pacers needed a backup 3 anyways, I think the Green signing was coming, OJ more of a 2 in my eyes. He showed some good stuff but also a lot that he needs to work on.

    But I also read this when it was posted and was like what, people just be saying stuff.
    Why so SERIOUS

  10. #3409
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulGeorge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors

    Some eyebrows were raised when Indiana included Dahntay Jones in the deal with Dallas this week, leaving the Pacers thin on the wing.

    But one reason why the Pacers may have felt they could do so, according to Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress.com, is the strong play of second-rounder Orlando Johnson during Summer League play in Orlando.

    The 6-foot-5 UC Santa Barbara product was selected No. 36 overall by Sacramento and acquired in a draft-day trade. Givony writes that he's "ready to play now."
    The last I heard he was stinking up the summer league.....

  11. #3410
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Some eyebrows were raised when Indiana included Dahntay Jones in the deal with Dallas this week, leaving the Pacers thin on the wing.

    I feel the same way, we lost Barbosa and DJ and don't have anybody to replace him.

  12. #3411
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,284
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    I'm glad Korver is no longer going to light us up in the division. Also, if OKC really offered them both, the Magic HAVE to accept that. And if OKC gets him they will OWN the NBA.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  13. #3412

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I feel the same way, we lost Barbosa and DJ and don't have anybody to replace him.


    and



    >>


    +
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  15. #3413

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    So barbosa was a rental man this is horrible thought we were keeping him

  16. #3414
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,168

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I feel the same way, we lost Barbosa and DJ and don't have anybody to replace him.
    I do think Lance can provide some backup here as well. Or at least put him at the one or two and put George at the three. We have a lot of flexibility.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  17. #3415

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    I'm fine with not keeping Barbosa. He was horrible in the playoffs. The drop off from PG to him was huge, and it killed the team several times. I'm really hoping Lance will get some minutes this year. I think he could be a solid backup if he doesn't try to do too much.

  18. #3416
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by granger4mvp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So barbosa was a rental man this is horrible thought we were keeping him
    What makes you think Pacers aren't going to keep him? Has a team signed him?

    Pacers still have his bird rights, which he can still be signed.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  19. #3417
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,222

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They get to keep their MMLE and get rid of Korver who was bad last year IMO. I dont get this by the Hawks unless they get picks and or cash. John Jenkins and Morrow is basically Korver I guess Kyle is a free agent after the year so not that bad I guess. They will have 3 great shooters I guess you can never have too many but if it was me I would of been fine with John Jenkins and Morrow. They basically have 3 SGs who do the same thing.

    Danny Ferry just said no deal with Chicago has happen he is talking at SL in the booth.
    Maybe Ferry is laying the groundwork for setting up the Hawks like the Magic is.....wait it out for a season...then make a UFA MAX offer to Dwight in the 2013-2014 offseason while getting the best 3pt shooters in the league to surround him
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  20. #3418
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They should offer Perkins instead,
    As if Perkins would interest Orlando the same way Ibaka might?

  21. #3419
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulGeorge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors

    Some eyebrows were raised when Indiana included Dahntay Jones in the deal with Dallas this week, leaving the Pacers thin on the wing.

    But one reason why the Pacers may have felt they could do so, according to Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress.com, is the strong play of second-rounder Orlando Johnson during Summer League play in Orlando.

    The 6-foot-5 UC Santa Barbara product was selected No. 36 overall by Sacramento and acquired in a draft-day trade. Givony writes that he's "ready to play now."
    I'm positive on Orlando, but that DE guy is full of crap. I saw him make that comment on Twitter and rolled my eyes. Yes, I'm sure these guys just start trading players because of how a rookie looks in summer league.

  22. #3420
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,222

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What makes you think Pacers aren't going to keep him? Has a team signed him?

    Pacers still have his bird rights, which he can still be signed.
    Personally, I have no idea why we'd sign Players that will take away minutes from Lance. This is Lance's last season before he becomes a Free Agent. If the FO really wants to see if he's worth keeping or not...he has to get consistent minutes....even if it's a minimal but consistent # of minutes ( like 10 mpg ). Getting anyone beyond our current core of GH/PG/Granger/DJ/Green is only going to eat into those minutes.

    We already are 7 deep at our Point Guard, SG and SF rotation.....how much deeper do we need to get at those spots?
    Last edited by CableKC; 07-13-2012 at 04:49 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  23. #3421
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Green and George are the backup wings now. Unless they plan on making Lance the regular backup 2, then Green would backup the 3 spot. At this point I'm assuming it will be a 9 man rotation:

    Hill/Augustin
    George/Green
    Granger/George
    West/Hansbrough
    Hibbert/Mahinmi

  24. #3422
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Personally, I have no idea why we'd sign Players that will take away minutes from Lance. This is Lance's last season before he becomes a Free Agent. If the FO really wants to see if he's worth keeping or not...he has to get consistent minutes....even if it's a minimal but consistent # of minutes ( like 10 mpg ). Getting anyone beyond our current core of GH/PG/Granger/DJ/Green is only going to eat into those minutes.
    Lance has an unguaranteed contract for '13 and '14.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  26. #3423
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,222

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lance has an unguaranteed contract for '13 and '14.
    Good God....does that mean that we're going to continue with this Lance "will he or won't he reach his potential?" discussion for the next couple of seasons?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  27. #3424

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They get to keep their MMLE and get rid of Korver who was bad last year IMO. I dont get this by the Hawks unless they get picks and or cash. John Jenkins and Morrow is basically Korver I guess Kyle is a free agent after the year so not that bad I guess. They will have 3 great shooters I guess you can never have too many but if it was me I would of been fine with John Jenkins and Morrow. They basically have 3 SGs who do the same thing.


    Danny Ferry just said no deal with Chicago has happen he is talking at SL in the booth.

    I guess I must have missed something. When did Atlanta get Morrow from the Nets? What did they have to give to get Morrow?

  28. #3425
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,876
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess I must have missed something. When did Atlanta get Morrow from the Nets? What did they have to give to get Morrow?
    They got Morrow and a bunch of scrap parts like Jordan Farmer Petro in the Joe Johnson trade to make the numbers work. (they may buy him out I dont know really all they wanted was the 1st rd pick and cap space)

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2175
    Last Post: 08-25-2007, 06:50 PM
  2. Re: The Official JO trade rumors/speculation/discussion thread
    By Alpolloloco in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 02:56 PM
  3. Some Speculation
    By TheDon in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 04:20 AM
  4. speculation
    By microwave_oven in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 11:04 PM
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 06:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •