Page 64 of 178 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Without Eric Gordon it may be a bit of a bumpy ride, but let's say they get Gordon.

Dragic
    Gordon
    Dudley
    Beasely
    Gortat

Marshall
    Morris
    Shannon Brown
    Lopez

If you have any faith in Marshall and Morris being good then that's not a bad team at all.
    That's what I'm saying. I highly, highly doubt they get Gordon so it's moot, but even if they did, that's what, like a 7th seed maybe? With a lot of cap tied up. Who's rebounding? Who's playing any D besides Gortat and Gordon? The rest of the starters are sieves. It's one thing to have something disastrous happen to your franchise and have your hand forced into salary cap hell, but to actually choose that path? I just don't get it.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm a huge Roy hibbert fan, but is a max deal really worth it? He has problems with creating his own shot outside of 5 feet, only averages 12.8 points an 9 rebounds per game. Where as Chris kamen averages 15.7 points, 13 boards and 3 blocks per game. Kamen would take less than hibbert for sure, I'm guessing around $10 mill tops maybe per year(seeing how d. West is only at $10 mill per year). That's almost $5 mill less per year than hibbert plus we could sign someone such as OJ Mayo and Green. Both of them off the bench with collison, hamsborough, plumlee and even stephanson would cause problems for other teams 2nd units. Anyone care to voice there opinion about this? I just joined so I decided to start with a bang

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by George24King View Post
    I'm a huge Roy hibbert fan, but is a max deal really worth it? He has problems with creating his own shot outside of 5 feet, only averages 12.8 points an 9 rebounds per game. Where as Chris kamen averages 15.7 points, 13 boards and 3 blocks per game. Kamen would take less than hibbert for sure, I'm guessing around $10 mill tops maybe per year(seeing how d. West is only at $10 mill per year). That's almost $5 mill less per year than hibbert plus we could sign someone such as OJ Mayo and Green. Both of them off the bench with collison, hamsborough, plumlee and even stephanson would cause problems for other teams 2nd units. Anyone care to voice there opinion about this? I just joined so I decided to start with a bang
    De-fense! *Clap* *Clap* De-fense! *clap* *clap*

Kamen isn't guarding anyone.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    If we pay our RFA's and go into next season with the essentially the same team, what place do we finish in the east? Both NY teams pass us. Who else?

I agree with your premise of just re-signing Hibbert and Hill while other teams get better where would the Pacers finish. I don't foresee the Pacers finishing 3rd in the EC or 5th overall again staying with the status quo. Anyone who does is just fooling themselves. It would be great if the younger players would ALL upgrade their games in order to accomplish it, but the odds of that happening isn't great.

The Pacers finished the 011-012 season with a record of 42-24 with a winning % of .636. In order to match that % in a 82 game season, the Pacers would have to win 52 games. That meams having a 52-30 record with

Hibbert
    DWest
    Granger
    PG
    Hill
    DC
    Hansbrough

I just don't see it happing. TPTB have to strengthen the b/u PF and Center spots. They have to find a scorer off the bench who can create his own shot. It would be nice to find a b/u to Granger as well. Right now, the front line is extremely weak, and has to be strengthened. You can't go into the season with Hans, Pendergraph, and Plumlee as your b/u's. It just won't work! Bird found that out last year when Foster couldn't produce as he was counting on.

Bottom line is TPTB had better be figuring out how to get some QUALITY players for the bench. I don't mean journeymen Solo type players either. Players that can come in and produce. Ones that can start if necessary in case of injuries.

A few possibilites:

Marresse Speights
    Jason Thompson
    Jordan Hill
    Carl Landry... costly

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

Rudy Fernandez leaving the NBA, signs a 3 year deal with Real Madrid.

I'm not surprised at all. He never felt comfortable where he could play to his potential in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post

LoL

Your opinion is duely noted. It was laughs like this when I suggested a few years ago to pick Gerald Green up. How did it work out for the Nets after they picked him up this past season? Practically, everyday he was in the "other NBA players" thread with his accomplishments. I'd have NO problem with Green being picked up by the Pacers as a b/u to Granger.

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

The thing is, if we wanted to, we could sign OJ Mayo and Gerald Green while keeping Roy. There is really no logical reason to not match him, unless Donnie just doesn't want to for some ****ing reason.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    The thing is, if we wanted to, we could sign OJ Mayo and Gerald Green while keeping Roy. There is really no logical reason to not match him, unless Donnie just doesn't want to for some ****ing reason.
    I just want some news! We were linked with pretty much everyone, but now we haven't heard anything for days except that we decided to overpay Hill.

Enjoying the Show BrownBearCoffee's Avatar
    Mood

Jameer Nelson ‏@jameernelson

Glad to say I've reached an agreement with the Magic... I'm blessed to have the best fans and a great organization supporting me!

...in other words, he couldn't find another starting gig.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    ...in other words, he couldn't find another starting gig.
    Is it that tough to believe what he said all along, that he wanted to stay with Orlando no matter what?

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    Is it that tough to believe what he said all along, that he wanted to stay with Orlando no matter what?
    Yes.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Absolutely. That franchise is a mess and it isn't getting better anytime soon.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Evan Massey ‏@EMasseyReport
    The #Knicks will be acquiring Raymond Felton, source says. They have a deal in the works as we speak. Ray Allen will sign with #Heat.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

Good for felton. I get the impression ray Allen just wants to stick it to Boston

RLeWorm

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    The #Knicks will be acquiring Raymond Felton, source says. They have a deal in the works as we speak. Ray Allen will sign with #Heat.
    so do you think NY still matches any offer given to Lin?

You think they only need one point guard?

I'd be interested in seeing what Portland gets in return, how it impacts them financially.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    Is this guy credible? Haven't heard of him. I thought Allen was just visiting Miami today. Did he already visit the Clippers too?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to ESutt7 For This Useful Post:

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

ROFL... even the second tier guys for a big part seem to be getting scooped up by the big market and superteams. I hope we keep Hill and particularly Roy and our move(s) come out of leftfield and is a good one, not some Johnny Flynn or Matt Carroll-level player(s)...
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ESutt7 View Post
    Is this guy credible? Haven't heard of him. I thought Allen was just visiting Miami today. Did he already visit the Clippers too?
    I thought Allen was going to the Heat as soon as I saw this tweet last night....

LeBron James ‏@KingJames
    RT @DwyaneWade: 2morrow is a big day for #HeatNation..(Absolutely!! #HeatNation Stand Up

Quote Originally Posted by RLeWorm View Post

so do you think NY still matches any offer given to Lin?

NO. They aren't going to match Houston's offer. OTOHl, with Jimmy Boy Dolan in charge my statement might not be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post

You think they only need one point guard?

They don't need Linsanity at the price Houston is offering.

Why are you using Kaman's stats from 2008?
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J7F For This Useful Post:

Mike Wells:@ToneZone5: Pacers get Mayo, or Courtney Lee? or neither” (Mayo is clear No. 1 choice for Indy) about 9 minutes ago

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz1zle6SzKs