Page 51 of 178 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

  1. #1251
    Pacers fan in FL Deadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    FLORIDA
    Posts
    1,936

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Another Hawks move from Marc Stein's Twitter:

    Hawks have agreed in principle to deal Marvin Williams to Utah for Devin Harris to shed even more $
    Incredible. Hawks taking out the trash today.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Deadshot For This Useful Post:


  3. #1252
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,227

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I rather re-sign Hibbert, get Nash and trade either Danny plus pieces or West plus pieces for Josh Smith, a lineup of Nash,PG,JS,West and Roy or Nash,PG,Danny,Josh Smith and Roy could do some damage, the second team could be so athletic.
    Given that we just signed GH for $8 mil a year, I doubt that this happens. I don't think that we have the Capspace to sign Nash if we match Hibbert's offer.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  4. #1253
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,914

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So this means that the Hawks are in rebuilding mode? I would love to get my hands on JS.

    And also this is another example that untradeable contracts are a myth.
    About 75% of the allure of Josh Smith is his fantastic fit next to Hibbert in the frontcourt. If we lose Hibbert, he becomes much less interesting to me.

    And you might want to credit Chad Ford (or whoever he retweeted on Twitter) for the second part of your post

  5. #1254
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    About 75% of the allure of Josh Smith is his fantastic fit next to Hibbert in the frontcourt. If we lose Hibbert, he becomes much less interesting to me.

    And you might want to credit Chad Ford (or whoever he retweeted on Twitter) for the second part of your post
    That last part has been my argument in a long time long time.

  6. #1255
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,914

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That last part has been my argument in a long time long time.


    Of course it has.

  7. #1256

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Danny Ferry is making an early case for Executive of the Year. Turning Joe Johnson and Marvin Williams into expirings is fantastic.

  8. #1257
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,784
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    About 75% of the allure of Josh Smith is his fantastic fit next to Hibbert in the frontcourt. If we lose Hibbert, he becomes much less interesting to me.

    And you might want to credit Chad Ford (or whoever he retweeted on Twitter) for the second part of your post
    Jsmoove for David West and a 1st in next years draft and maybe DC2 if they need another asset.

    They get another expiring we get a great player who is in our teams age group and fits. Offensively we get more stagnant and another ball stopper but defensively we are instantly 10x better if not more especially in PnR defense.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  10. #1258
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Danny Ferry is making an early case for Executive of the Year. Turning Joe Johnson and Marvin Williams into expirings is fantastic.
    We have an expiring that they might want for JS, 10mil expiring+pick+Tyler?

    Damn pacers4ever beat me to it.

  11. #1259
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,056

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Are the Hawks rebuilding? Or are they prepping for a big move?

    https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/...31634634461184

    Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider

    Prob best option RT @WindhorstESPN: Considering Atlanta is home + friends Josh Smith & Morrow are Hawks, new option for Dwight Howard?
    Horford + cap relief for Dwight? Man, I'd love to see Billy King's face if Atlanta pulls this off.

  12. #1260
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    I'm not getting the Williams-for-Harris deal for Utah. Marvin has a $7.5M player option for 2013-14 that he'll almost certainly pick up, whereas, Harris expires at the end of the season. So, Utah's giving up both the better player and the better contract.

    My guess is there's something else to the deal that's going from Atlanta to Utah.

  13. #1261
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,361

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    How disappointing was Marvin Williams's career with Atlanta being drafted second overall?
    David "And One" West

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:


  15. #1262
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,361

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not getting the Williams-for-Harris deal for Utah. Marvin has a $7.5M player option for 2013-14 that he'll almost certainly pick up, whereas, Harris expires at the end of the season. So, Utah's giving up both the better player and the better contract.

    My guess is there's something else to the deal that's going from Atlanta to Utah.
    Harris had a sub-par year, and its looks like he has lost a step or two rapidly. Not sure that I wouldn't rather have Williams on my team.
    David "And One" West

  16. #1263
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    I think the Jazz probably get something extra. But it's not horrible if they don't. They had more cap than they could reasonably spend next summer. And their main rookies are under contract for 2 or more years. If they like Williams more, it makes sense. They'd still be able to use the cap once he expires.

  17. #1264
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,816

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How disappointing was Marvin Williams's career with Atlanta being drafted second overall?
    back when Granger and Williams were drafted, I was on another nba board and there was a Hawks fan that swore up and down Williams would have the better career and even as Granger started to show more promise he kept it up. That board isn't around any more but I gotta wonder what he's thinking now.

  18. #1265

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not getting the Williams-for-Harris deal for Utah. Marvin has a $7.5M player option for 2013-14 that he'll almost certainly pick up, whereas, Harris expires at the end of the season. So, Utah's giving up both the better player and the better contract.

    My guess is there's something else to the deal that's going from Atlanta to Utah.
    They just got Mo Williams. I'm guessing they didn't want to commit 17 mil to both him and Harris.

  19. #1266
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,914

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    I don't think Devin Harris is good.

  20. #1267
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,249
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    I hope the Pacers try and sign him next summer. He's better than DC IMO.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  21. #1268
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,784
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think Devin Harris is good.
    He was but then he got paid.

  22. #1269
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    The Hawks will keep Josh Smith. He gives them a shot at Dwight. Dwight wants to play with Josh pretty badly. He's asked Orlando to trade for him several times. They're clearing cap space to go after him I would guess with Josh as the pitch man.

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  24. #1270
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    @AlexKennedyNBA: A lot of free agent point guards are waiting on Deron Williams and Steve Nash. Once those two dominoes fall, others will start to sign.

  25. #1271

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Devin Harris is really, really bad. If you guys think DC and Hill are bad at running an offense, wait 'til you see Devin Harris try. Harris and Jefferson were the problems for the Jazz last season. Hayward, Millsap, and Favors are the building blocks there.

  26. #1272

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
    Hornets free agent C Chris Kaman had positive meeting with the Pacers' brass over dinner tonight in Indy, but no offer made, source tells Y!

  27. #1273
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation


  28. #1274
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,958

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Dragic is looking for 10 mil

    No thanks

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:


  30. #1275
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Damn you Phoenix.

    @Chris_Broussard: Suns having dinner with Eric Gordon right now. Phx is considering offering him max deal (4 years, $58 million), sources say

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2175
    Last Post: 08-25-2007, 06:50 PM
  2. Re: The Official JO trade rumors/speculation/discussion thread
    By Alpolloloco in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 02:56 PM
  3. Some Speculation
    By TheDon in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 03:20 AM
  4. speculation
    By microwave_oven in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 11:04 PM
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 06:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •