Page 12 of 178 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 4446

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

  1. #276

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wasn't sure where to put this...

    http://twitter.com/MikeWellsNBA/stat...07990519803905

    Those who watched Syracuse's Fab Melo during his workout w the Pacers 2day were very impressed. "He was off the charts," one person said

    Who was there today besides Fab Melo??

  2. #277
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,963

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who was there today besides Fab Melo??
    Tuesday, June 19th
    Chris Johnson – Dayton
    Jarrod Jones – Ball State
    Fab Melo – Syracuse
    Kyle O’Quinn – Norfolk State
    Miles Plumlee – Duke
    Jonathon Simmons – Houston


    http://www.vigilantsports.com/2012/0...-participants/

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:


  4. #278
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,963

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tuesday, June 19th
    Chris Johnson – Dayton
    Jarrod Jones – Ball State
    Fab Melo – Syracuse
    Kyle O’Quinn – Norfolk State
    Miles Plumlee – Duke
    Jonathon Simmons – Houston


    http://www.vigilantsports.com/2012/0...-participants/
    As for Melo, he'd fill a need. We need a big body to put behind Hibbert, preferably with some shotblocking ability. However, I'm still hoping someone falls.

  5. #279
    Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Posts
    941

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    On the Pacers website they have a section called Draft Central:

    http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/draft-central-2012

    It shows all the guys scheduled for workouts and all the interviews from guys they have already had in for workouts.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Sleeze For This Useful Post:


  7. #280
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,389

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuckey7370 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.iamagm.com/news/2012/06/1...des.hornets.10



    Who would the Pacers be looking at for 10 or 11 (I realize it's most likely just speculation)?
    Let's see. Milsap is an expiring and will likely want more money. I don't know how that would be worth it to the Hornets for the 10th pick.

    I don't see Turner getting traded. However, I'd definitely do DC to the Hornets, Turner to the Pacers and the 10th pick to the Sixers...of course other pieces would be needed, but if Lillard isn't there at 10, I'd love to get Turner!

    Bledsoe for the 10th? I don't see how he's anywhere close to that. While I am not sure DC is worth the 10th pick, he's certainly worth more than Bledsoe.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:


  9. #281
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let's see. Milsap is an expiring and will likely want more money. I don't know how that would be worth it to the Hornets for the 10th pick.

    I don't see Turner getting traded. However, I'd definitely do DC to the Hornets, Turner to the Pacers and the 10th pick to the Sixers...of course other pieces would be needed, but if Lillard isn't there at 10, I'd love to get Turner!

    Bledsoe for the 10th? I don't see how he's anywhere close to that. While I am not sure DC is worth the 10th pick, he's certainly worth more than Bledsoe.
    I don't think so. Bledsoe made a huge case for himself in the playoffs.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:


  11. #282
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,649

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tuesday, June 19th
    Chris Johnson – Dayton
    Jarrod Jones – Ball State
    Fab Melo – Syracuse
    Kyle O’Quinn – Norfolk State
    Miles Plumlee – Duke
    Jonathon Simmons – Houston


    http://www.vigilantsports.com/2012/0...-participants/
    Not hard to see why he was "off the charts" against that group of goofballs.

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  13. #283
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think so. Bledsoe made a huge case for himself in the playoffs.
    plus Bledsoe is far from a finished product at the same age DC was still at UCLA. He has some untapped P


    Is anyone surprised Fab dominated??? That is the perfect setting for a person with his physical ablitys to shine(especially if he is actually in shape).

    Fab all along was gonna be a workout warrior reminds me a lot of Ryan Hollins or even our own David Harrison except has a better jumper.


    Anyone see the Pic on twitter of Fab dunking?? Lance and a few others were scrimmaging with the group. Wish PG would of stayed around for a few weeks before going to Vegas for usa bball

  14. #284
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,171

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    If we get #10 from the Hornets, than that Troy Murphy trade is even more lopsided than we thought originally.

    I know folks are thinking the trade up would he for Rivers, but my bet would be Zeller or Henson. I think the Pacers try to get bigger. Hibbert, West and Hansbrough are the main bigs, with Lou a free agent, as well as Fez I believe.

    Bird wants the best bench in the league, but i think the bench let us down a bit in the Miami series, so that's where I'll expect us to upgrade.

  15. #285

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm guessing that at most....it's the Pacers offering DC for the #10 or #11 pick....but I'd easily rank Milsap at the top of that list if I had to choose one for either pick. Evan Turner, Bledsoe and DC IMHO has relatively the same trade value...they just bring different things to the table.
    I'd just like to say that if the Pacers did this, they'd have essentially turned Troy Murphy into a #10 overall pick.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iogyhufi For This Useful Post:


  17. #286
    Member PaulGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    298

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Syracuse center Fab Melo went through a workout for the Indiana Pacers on Tuesday and one person who was inside the gym tells The Indianapolis Star, "He was off the charts."

    The Pacers need to add depth at the center position with the retirement of backup Jeff Foster and Melo is a possible pick, if he's still available when the No. 26 selection comes up.

    Melo averaged 7.8 points, 5.8 rebounds and 2.9 blocks at Syracuse this past season.

    ESPN.com's Chad Ford released his 8.0 mock draft on Tuesday and he has Minnesota taking Melo at No. 18 and the Pacers selecting Kentucky point guard Marquis Teague at No. 26.

    -- Nick Borges
    I'm a Beast

  18. #287
    billbradley
    Guest

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone see the Pic on twitter of Fab dunking?? Lance and a few others were scrimmaging with the group. Wish PG would of stayed around for a few weeks before going to Vegas for usa bball
    On Big Joe and Grady, I think it was Brunner and Wells that were on and they were all talking about how they wish the FO would make PG stick around. Not that he isn't working or playing, but they felt this was the point in his career where he needed to be under the thumb doing the right workouts, drills, and scrimmages all the time.

    They also felt he should play in Summer League so he was forced to be "the man" and improve his confidence to take over.

    Grady asked Brunner in all his years if he had every seen a player become a killer, in reference to Paul George. Brunner said he could see a Joe Johnson situation. First years Johnson floated around, scoring easy, but never showed that takeover mentality. The Celtics even traded him, proving to be a mistake.
    Last edited by billbradley; 06-20-2012 at 10:55 AM.

  19. #288

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we get #10 from the Hornets, than that Troy Murphy trade is even more lopsided than we thought originally.

    I know folks are thinking the trade up would he for Rivers, but my bet would be Zeller or Henson. I think the Pacers try to get bigger. Hibbert, West and Hansbrough are the main bigs, with Lou a free agent, as well as Fez I believe.

    Bird wants the best bench in the league, but i think the bench let us down a bit in the Miami series, so that's where I'll expect us to upgrade.

    Meyers Leonard would be a better choice than Zeller as a BIG, and is projected at around #12 presently.

  20. #289
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,558

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Its the first year in a while that I'd be ok picking a big man to develop, assuming Roy is back. I'm usually against these project type bigs that don't work out, more often than not.

    The goal, imo, should be to get a true playmaking point guard even if its a back up rookie. If they move up to 10 or 11, Kendall Marshall would be my pick even though you'd be giving up one of the best back ups in the league in DC. The reason is if K Marshall develops you'll have your starting quarterback of the future who makes others around him better. I think DCs ceiling will never be a playmaking top notch starter type. No knock on DC, he's just a scoring type Point.

    There's all kinds of road blocks to this pursuit, if you trade DC, what if G Hill gets a stupid offer you can't match. You could have taken 2 steps back as a team with an unproven starting rookie, who may not be what you hope and no descernable back up.

    Its a slippery slope.
    Last edited by Speed; 06-20-2012 at 09:44 AM.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:


  22. #290
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulGeorge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Syracuse center Fab Melo went through a workout for the Indiana Pacers on Tuesday and one person who was inside the gym tells The Indianapolis Star, "He was off the charts."

    The Pacers need to add depth at the center position with the retirement of backup Jeff Foster and Melo is a possible pick, if he's still available when the No. 26 selection comes up.

    Melo averaged 7.8 points, 5.8 rebounds and 2.9 blocks at Syracuse this past season.

    ESPN.com's Chad Ford released his 8.0 mock draft on Tuesday and he has Minnesota taking Melo at No. 18 and the Pacers selecting Kentucky point guard Marquis Teague at No. 26.

    -- Nick Borges
    A link needs to be edited in to pasted content. Thanks.

  23. #291

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Not hard to see why he was "off the charts" against that group of goofballs.

    I can see your point.

    Just wondering what Kyle O'Quinn looked like. He's a 2nd rd pick, but for some reason he has tweaked my interest.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  25. #292

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its the first year in a while that I'd be ok picking a big man to develop, assuming Roy is back. I'm usually against these project type bigs that don't work out, more often than not.

    The goal, imo, should be to get a true playmaking point guard even if its a back up rookie. If they move up to 10 or 11, Kendall Marshall would be my pick even though you'd be giving up one of the best back ups in the league in DC. The reason is if K Marshall develops you'll have your starting quarterback of the future who makes others around him better. I think DCs ceiling will never be a playmaking top notch starter type. No knock on DC, he's just a scoring type Point.

    There's all kinds of road blocks to this pursuit, if you trade DC, what if G Hill gets a stupid offer you can't match. You could have taken 2 steps back as a team with an unproven starting rookie, who may not be what you hope and no descernable back up.

    Its a slippery slope.

    I can't disagree with your thinking, but there are other PG's available that would be available such as Felton, Miller, Dragic, Lowry, and Sessions, so I wouldn't let that be a deal killer.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  27. #293

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    if we can trade up for the 10th pick for DC and our 26th and somehow Damian Lillard drops to us

  28. #294

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    if we can trade up for the 10th pick for DC and our 26th and somehow Damian Lillard drops to us
    Could the Pacers truly be that lucky? We can only wish!!

  29. #295
    Member BPump33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,838

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Anyone else remember Bird saying last year that he would have taken Tyler Zeller at 15 had he come out? I don't think I'm making that up.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BPump33 For This Useful Post:


  31. #296

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    I haven't seen any1 here talk about Tony Wroten Jr. This kid looks really good IMO. If we stay at 26 I hope we draft him or Marquis Teague

    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Tony-Wroten-5250/

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU9S1ADUCmg

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:


  33. #297
    Long time fan diamonddave00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Castle de Verde (Greencastle)
    Posts
    1,386
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    I'd draft Tony Wroten but not Marquis Teague. At least Wroten at almost 6'6 would be an option at either guard spot.

  34. #298
    billbradley
    Guest

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by BPump33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone else remember Bird saying last year that he would have taken Tyler Zeller at 15 had he come out? I don't think I'm making that up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "I don't think this is a very strong draft. I think there will be some players that do well in our league, but there's a lot of kids that didn't come out. I think I made the statement that I like Ty Zeller, he's going back to school. He didn't come out. Damn."
    http://www.indycornrows.com/2011/5/1...-day-than-most

  35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to billbradley For This Useful Post:


  36. #299
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,558

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by BPump33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone else remember Bird saying last year that he would have taken Tyler Zeller at 15 had he come out? I don't think I'm making that up.
    I remember that as well, because I remember thinking he'd get fined for talking about a collegiate player.

  37. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:


  38. #300
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,558

    Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

    On Zeller, what a nice set up it would be for him to practice against Roy everyday. Tyler has post moves already and is athletic, refinement needed for sure, but he's legit size & athleticism to at the very least project as a back up center in his rookie year. I also think his celing is potentially higher than that in the right offense with the right surrounding players. NC worked through him early and often, last year. He already has the foundation to be player, imo. He's probably not projected to be an allstar, which may explain the lack of buzz for him, right now, but not everyone has to have that type of ceiling.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2175
    Last Post: 08-25-2007, 06:50 PM
  2. Re: The Official JO trade rumors/speculation/discussion thread
    By Alpolloloco in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 02:56 PM
  3. Some Speculation
    By TheDon in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 03:20 AM
  4. speculation
    By microwave_oven in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 11:04 PM
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 06:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •