Page 2 of 178 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd try to make a deal where we moved ahead of the Pistons into the 7 or 8 slot. Maybe a three way deal between us, NO, and either Toronto or Golden State. We could take on money to acquire the #10, where we flip that to the other team to move up a few spots.

I think Detroit is going to target Henson. I think Henson is going to be a very good NBA player. He needs to add some bulk obviously, but he has the skill, rebounding, and shot blocking to be very good IMO. Plus he is capable of hitting the midrange shot. I think with his height and high release he would be great in the PnR, and I think he would also be the agility to roll to the basket. I could be wrong, but I think he and Hibbert would be impossible to shoot over together and West fits with both of them.
    Think Pistons might be better off taking Zeller maybe Leonard, but I could see Henson as being the pick. Seems like they need a true Center so they can allow Monroe to focus on the 4 position solely.
    Why so SERIOUS

I would take Deron and run. To my Roy is very overrated, and we are going to have to overpay for him but it's not like we have a choice.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to IUfan4life For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by IUfan4life View Post
    I would take Deron and run. To my Roy is very overrated, and we are going to have to overpay for him but it's not like we have a choice.
    I could see that, but are you ok with paying Williams $17M?

A guy who's had injury/attitude problems...just concerns me is all.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Anybody like Kendall Marshall around 10 or 11? Draft Express has him slotted to go at 11 and NBAdraft.net at 16.

Guys probably the best true point guard prospect to come out in years, though he has offensive/defensive limitations, hes pretty much a clone of Mark Jackson in this regard. Guy is on the Nash/Rubio level when it comes to PG skills though. He seems like a Bird kind of guy.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    I could see that, but are you ok with paying Williams $17M?

A guy who's had injury/attitude problems...just concerns me is all.
    I would be. He's an elite pg, and he played this whole season for a miserable NJ team missing only 11 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    Anybody like Kendall Marshall around 10 or 11? Draft Express has him slotted to go at 11 and NBAdraft.net at 16.

Guys probably the best true point guard prospect to come out in years, though he has offensive/defensive limitations, hes pretty much a clone of Mark Jackson in this regard. Guy is on the Nash/Rubio level when it comes to PG skills though. He seems like a Bird kind of guy.
    I think for the Pacers he would be ok but the team defense would become even worse. The Pacers are slow footed and adding Marshall would make them even slower but you never know sometimes how things will mesh.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post

I feel I'm one of the few that would completely stay away from Marshall. He's just too slow, not a good defender and can't shoot. He can certainly pass though. Lillard would be the best choice for a point.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    I feel I'm one of the few that would completely stay away from Marshall. He's just too slow, not a good defender and can't shoot. He can certainly pass though. Lillard would be the best choice for a point.

I'm not interested in Marshall, like you I see Lillard as the best PG in the draft. I'd really like to see the Pacers move up in the draft to get him.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    This would probably make a good thread/poll, rather than being in the speculation thread. Not trying to be a dick FWIW, I'd probably say Roy. He's looking like a 20-10 guy for the next several years, and the way Deron left Utah/played in NJ, I'm less high on him then I was before.
    I love Roy and generally agree with most of your post, but a 20/10 guy? He would be one of the five best players in the league if he were a 20/10 guy. I can see 15/9, but 20/10 are huge numbers.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I love Roy and generally agree with most of your post, but a 20/10 guy? He would be one of the five best players in the league if he were a 20/10 guy. I can see 15/9, but 20/10 are huge numbers.
    I agree, 20/10 is too much for him.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I also think Hibbert is a 15/9 guy that can also throw in 2-3dimes a game and 2blocks. Those a pretty fine numbers if you ask me. I never thought Hibbs would be capable of those types of numbers when we drafted him. Now is that worth $12-$13M...I'm not exactly sure. I think anywhere from $10-$11M is perfect, we rarely do we get what we want.

And I'd rather have DWill than Hibbs if it came down to it. However, DWill has attitude problems where as Hibbert is a genuinely nice guy (and funny) and stays in touch with fans and the community. That's not an easy thing to replace.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

According to @IAMAGM on Twitter Houston is interested in Granger or Iggy. What's a possible deal? They hold the 14th and 16th picks.
    Here we come lottery?

Granger and Collison for Kyle Lowry and picks 14 and 16. Might be a bit much in a strong draft, but its a starting point none the less. We could throw in 26 if they aren't satisfied with that deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post

Dream Scenario trade DC +26 grab Lillard, trade Lance for early 2nd grab Kyle O'Quinn, and somehow turn tyler into Kevin Jones

Roy/O'Quinn
    West/Pendegraph or Kevin Jones
    Granger/D.Jones
    George/Hill
    Lillard/HIll
    Really... the dream senario is to have a rookie as our starting point guard? This thread as jumped the shark.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Unless that rookie is Kendall Marshal, I want no part of a rookie starting at point.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Chad Ford said Cleveland offered picks 4, 24, 31, and 34 for #1. They got a quick no. but hell, may as well try right?

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Chad Ford said Cleveland offered picks 4, 24, 31, and 34 for #1. They got a quick no. but hell, may as well try right?
    Nice offer by Cleveland but they should still be excited as they are likely to have their pick of Harrison Barnes or Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and either of them would be an excellent addition to their team, IMO. Can't blame them for trying to get Anthony Davis though.

Quote Originally Posted by Young View Post
    Nice offer by Cleveland but they should still be excited as they are likely to have their pick of Harrison Barnes or Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and either of them would be an excellent addition to their team, IMO. Can't blame them for trying to get Anthony Davis though.
    wut ?

that is a terrible offer for the number 1 pick

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Out of Lamb, Rivers, Damian Lillard, Dion Waiters - Out of that bunch, I like Lamb.

If the Pacers move up though I'd hope they go after Perry Jones. Having a 6'10 SF would be nice. Just have him hang with Hibbert and he'll reach his potential for sure.

Then try to get another pick or two and get Doron Lamb for a nice scoring punch off the bench, and/or Nicholson a PF/C. Nicholson is just under 6'10, but has a 7'4" wing span!

Or the Pacers can then move the lottery pick for a player they want or to the Rockets along with Hans for the 14 and 16 picks.

Lots of wishful thinking. I have no doubt in my mind though that the Pacers will make some deals.
    Yeah, I think they will be just as active as last year if not more active this year in trading. We have good young talent in collison and tyler who we could trade. I wouldn't even be against us trading West if and only if we could get Perry Jones. I know West has been awesome to have this years along side roy but, he isn't getting any older and who knows if we can or will resign him after next season. Either way with Pritchard coming into the fold I think he'll try to swing a good deal that makes sense for us.
    I'm a Beast

Quote Originally Posted by PaulGeorge View Post
    Yeah, I think they will be just as active as last year if not more active this year in trading. We have good young talent in collison and tyler who we could trade. I wouldn't even be against us trading West if and only if we could get Perry Jones. I know West has been awesome to have this years along side roy but, he isn't getting any older and who knows if we can or will resign him after next season. Either way with Pritchard coming into the fold I think he'll try to swing a good deal that makes sense for us.
    ...and here I was afraid he was. He actually might be "younger" next year with his knee being 100% I imagine. I don't think you can get rid of West at this point. I could see not signing him after this contract, but he means too much to us at this point I think.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Really... the dream senario is to have a rookie as our starting point guard? This thread as jumped the shark.
    some people want to win a championship and getting a huge upgrade at pg would be a great start.

Quick question Kyrie Irving was a rookie last year who would of you took Irving or Collison or Hill??

With Irving at pg last year I bet we beat Miami and are playing in the finals right now.

If DC and a pick is all that it takes to move up to get him you do that in a heart beat. DC is a good player but for us to move forward we need a talent upgrade and a dynamic floor general who is a leader and Lillard is just that.

Yes you have growing pains with rookies but some people want to win a title in the next 10 years and this current core isnt talented enough unless we upgrade .

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    According to @IAMAGM on Twitter Houston is interested in Granger or Iggy. What's a possible deal? They hold the 14th and 16th picks.
    I would be very intrigued with the possibilities of trading with Houston. We already know how Kyle Lowry feels about his coach. What about Granger, Collison, 26th for Lowry, courtney lee and both the 14,16.

Lowry,Hill
    Courtney lee, Terrance Ross or Jermey Lamb (14th)
    George, Chase Budinger (free agent) 41% 3pt last year
    West,Hans, Arnett Moultrie (16th)
    Roy, ?

Make that happen and I may just forget who Granger is.
    I'm a Beast

31. The Following User Says Thank You to PaulGeorge For This Useful Post:

Mood

Not sure if posted and not sure where this belongs but I wasn't aware of this....

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...-Day-Two-3962/

-Evan Fournier competed today after working out in a one-on-zero setting for the scouts in attendance yesterday. In 29 minutes of action, Fournier scored 12 points, looking smooth creating his own shot on the perimeter and making plays being aggressive in transition while showing good court vision finding the open man. The top 2012 draft prospect at this event, Fournier shot well today, going 2-4 from three in the first game and 2-3 in the second game, but confirmed that his jump shot remains the most significant skill he needs to work on moving forward. He will leave tomorrow for the United State for workouts with Indiana, Memphis, and Dallas.
    "He's a strong physical presence out there on both ends of the court. He's a man. There's a reason he was an All-Star." -- Vogel on David West

Yeah i wouldn't mind if we drafted him by far the best euro this year

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Fournier have any buyout issues or anything? He a FA that's ready to play from day one?