Page 1 of 178 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Default Off season Rumors and Speculation

I've been waiting for someone to start an off season rumor thread, since no one has . . .

From a Chad Ford Chat; http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/44099

Karan (Indiana)

Chad, should the Pacers try and package Darren Collison and the 26th pick to move up and a get shooter? Jeremy Lamb would make a lot of sense for them.
    Chad Ford (1:31 PM)

I think that's a serious option for them. Several teams in the lottery -- most notably the Hornets (10) and Blazers (11) -- are in the market for a point guard. The Hornets loved Collison when they had him last time. Not sure where the Pacers would go at 11, but Lamb, Rivers, Damian Lillard, Jared Sullinger, Dion Waiters would all be possibilities for them

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Off season Rumors and Speculation

Wow DC can get us those kinda picks ?

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

I would imagine that DC has that kind of value after his great showing in the Playoffs. Plus you would have to imagine that New Orleans and the Trailblazers would have some real interest in him. Hornets had a lot of success with him in the past, and Portland just desperately needs a point guard. Hopefully we wouldn't even have to give them #26, and hopefully we can actually buy a pick in the late first round as well. You never know now that Kevin Pritchard plays a big role in the team now, and he and Bird are so much more mutual than Morway and Bird.

Really hoping we'd opt not to draft Sullinger. I think there are major questions about his motor and his physicality/athleticism at the next level.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really hoping we'd opt not to draft Sullinger. I think there are major questions about his motor and his physicality/athleticism at the next level.
    Surely he would be better than Tyler though ?

Sullinger is so tough for me to project, sometimes I think he's an Elton Brand clone, sometimes I think he's Marcus Fizer. He really could be a dominant ow post scorer with his asset, but if loses his conditioning (which I think he could do if he has any lapses), he'd struggle.

Right now, I think he might be woefully underated, since he has the width/strength play in the NBA and he has a very valuable skill (low post scoring), but if that doesn't translate since he has struggled with size/length, at times, his rebounging should translate, or usually does from college to pro.

All this said, if you could trade DC and/or 26 and get Sullinger, I wouldn't hesitate. Be nice if you could turn around an move Tyler for something, if that happened.

Out of Lamb, Rivers, Damian Lillard, Dion Waiters - Out of that bunch, I like Lamb.

If the Pacers move up though I'd hope they go after Perry Jones. Having a 6'10 SF would be nice. Just have him hang with Hibbert and he'll reach his potential for sure.

Then try to get another pick or two and get Doron Lamb for a nice scoring punch off the bench, and/or Nicholson a PF/C. Nicholson is just under 6'10, but has a 7'4" wing span!

Or the Pacers can then move the lottery pick for a player they want or to the Rockets along with Hans for the 14 and 16 picks.

Lots of wishful thinking. I have no doubt in my mind though that the Pacers will make some deals.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Is there going to be adraft party this year? seems to me that at our current position why they would go through the trouble. Unless they do expect us to make some moves.

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    I've been waiting for someone to start an off season rumor thread, since no one has . . .

From a Chad Ford Chat; http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/44099

Karan (Indiana)

Chad, should the Pacers try and package Darren Collison and the 26th pick to move up and a get shooter? Jeremy Lamb would make a lot of sense for them.
    Chad Ford (1:31 PM)

I think that's a serious option for them. Several teams in the lottery -- most notably the Hornets (10) and Blazers (11) -- are in the market for a point guard. The Hornets loved Collison when they had him last time. Not sure where the Pacers would go at 11, but Lamb, Rivers, Damian Lillard, Jared Sullinger, Dion Waiters would all be possibilities for them
    Everyone is so ready to dump Collison but where do we get a PG as good or better than he is? I would not trade Collison until that new point guard is on the team.........

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacerFreak31 View Post
    Is there going to be adraft party this year? seems to me that at our current position why they would go through the trouble. Unless they do expect us to make some moves.
    Draft Party is a way to get people doing something Pacer related during the off season. As a marketing event it can be handled as something of a celebration of a very positive season, rather than the slightly desperate pleas in recent years that fans should get excited over a middle-round pick.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    Everyone is so ready to dump Collison but where do we get a PG as good or better than he is? I would not trade Collison until that new point guard is on the team.........
    Here's my thing with trading Collison. I love the combination of Hill and Collison, because they bring a range of capability. If we are going to keep Hill as our starting PG, Collison is the perfect fit behind him. There will be matchups where one is the predominant PG, while the other ends up playing differently in the rotation based on how we match up with the other team. If we do go out an get a player like Nash or Williams, although highly doubtful, I would look to trade Collison. I think if we have a player like Williams signed, then we won't re-sign Hill (since we will have to rescind his Bird Rights to sign DW) and will look to move Collison for a different combo guard or in combination with Hansborough for an upgrade at the backup PF/C.

I think the duo of Hill and Collison is perfect compliment of players and if we are going a different direction than that, we need to get value for Collison and let Hill walk.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. … You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

15. The Following User Says Thank You to pacergod2 For This Useful Post:

MTM

Waiters could be a lot of fun, or he could be a total flame out. Rivers is certainly interesting, not afraid to shoot that's for sure. Would not have to force him into the offense. Is another young player really what the Pacers are looking for though? I guess it makes sense if you feel DC is not going to get any better and you aren't going to make a run for Deron Williams.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Banned

Why would NO trade for DC when they have JJ and Vasquez?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I'm sure they'd prefer someone younger than JJ and if they could send his contract out, they'd be saving a couple more Million. I think they would be interested in dealing with us, but it would be a bigger deal than just DC and 26 for 10. Vasquez and Collison would be complimentary PGs as well.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. … You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

Sports Logo

If Lillard is available ( IMHO, he won't be ) and Bird thinks that he's the real deal and ready to contribute....then you make the deal and live with GH/Lillard as the PG rotation for the foreseeable future while signing a 3rd PG option for the short-term. But this is assuming that Lillard is ready to contribute in a short period of time and is legit.

Heck, if needed....see if you can swing Jarrett Jack as well as Ariza and the 10th pick...if you need a quality ComboGuard that can run the offense for the Short Term if Lillard needs a season to settle into his role.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    To save Capspace and $$$ while getting a PG rotation of Vasquez and DC for the foreseeable future?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I don't know that it is a good idea to trade Collison during the draft. George Hill is a free agent (although restricted) but I don't think he is the type of player that is worth overpaying for. I like Hill's game and want him to stay but I would keep Collison around in case a team offers Hill an outrageous contract that I don't want to match.

I think the only way it makes sense for the Pacers to trade Darren to move up is if they are targeting someone who they see as a point guard. Otherwise I think they risk having to overpay for George Hill or being stuck with an inferior point guard if they let Hill walk and trade DC.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Young For This Useful Post:

I'm just interested to see what this board thinks about this... would u rather have deron williams for 4 years or roy hibbert the rest of his career? only choose 1!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    I'm just interested to see what this board thinks about this... would u rather have deron williams for 4 years or roy hibbert the rest of his career? only choose 1!
    This would probably make a good thread/poll, rather than being in the speculation thread. Not trying to be a dick FWIW, I'd probably say Roy. He's looking like a 20-10 guy for the next several years, and the way Deron left Utah/played in NJ, I'm less high on him then I was before.

Regarding rumors, I'd love to see Indy try to get someone to back up Danny. As far as drafting Sullinger, I'd be all for it (admittedly, I'm wildly biased) due to his rebounding and touch around the rim. He showed in his time at Ohio State that he can really focus and improve (Lost a ton of weight between his frosh/soph years.) He works hard, appears to be a great teammate. His size (height) is concerning, but I'd think he's an upgrade over Tyler at the backup 4. Plus, he has an inside game that Tyler doesn't, while still hitting that mid-range jumper.

If you ended up sending DC/Tyler/Pick for the 10, I like what the previous poster mentioned about getting Ariza/10. Ariza would be a wonderful backup for Danny, allowing the team to slide Dahntay back to the 2. Although I hate Ariza, always seemed like a bit of a thug.

So, in summation, we would send out a backup 1 and backup 4 for a backup 3 and a late lottery pick. Not sure that's a great deal, thoughts?

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:

I wouldn't trade Collison unless we know we will be getting another point guard whether that's through free agency or the draft. However, if we traded the #26 & Collison for the #10 and got Jeremy Lamb then buy a 2nd rounder and draft Scott Machado, I will be very happy.

Mood

Well hopefully Hill will be starting instead of DC so there goes your PG question.

But I still doubt DC + 26 could get us that high, but if we could I would do it, if we can trade DC sign Dragic and grab a good prospect with star potential at 10 I am down for it.

Trade Lance for a 2nd rounder while you are ate it.

Imagine this,

DC + 26 turn into Terrence Ross, Jeremy Lamb, PJIII, Austin Rivers, Damian Lillard, all more upside than DC, and should all be able to play decent minutes in their first year. We could even add Zeller or Moultre or Marshall in there.

If we draft something other than a PG then we either go and grab Dragic depending on what we thing about hill, or get a decent vet to play with the 2nd team.

plenty of guys we could bring in that could fill the void left by DC, and I would actually take Marshall and Lillard, probably even Waiters over DC due to where their game is right now and their upside.

Dream Scenario trade DC +26 grab Lillard, trade Lance for early 2nd grab Kyle O'Quinn, and somehow turn tyler into Kevin Jones

Roy/O'Quinn
    West/Pendegraph or Kevin Jones
    Granger/D.Jones
    George/Hill
    Lillard/HIll

And bring in or trade for some combo vet guard.

I know this is not what will happen though, Bird sounds like he is looking to get a strong veteran bench, but I think down the line these guys could turnout to be very good in their roles, they are all hard workers and seem to have good character from what I know of them.
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

Also I do not have a big problem with Tyler or Lance but I feel that these guy would be more valuable for the team in the soon future.
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

Deron is very good but I am going with Roy at this point...
    Why so SERIOUS

insufficient data. Who are the other guys? There's no point to have Deron in his prime on a crappy team. On this current team though, there's very much a point to have him, and we wouldn't need to choose.

Mood

I'd try to make a deal where we moved ahead of the Pistons into the 7 or 8 slot. Maybe a three way deal between us, NO, and either Toronto or Golden State. We could take on money to acquire the #10, where we flip that to the other team to move up a few spots.

I think Detroit is going to target Henson. I think Henson is going to be a very good NBA player. He needs to add some bulk obviously, but he has the skill, rebounding, and shot blocking to be very good IMO. Plus he is capable of hitting the midrange shot. I think with his height and high release he would be great in the PnR, and I think he would also be the agility to roll to the basket. I could be wrong, but I think he and Hibbert would be impossible to shoot over together and West fits with both of them.