Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 195

Thread: EURO 2012 Thread

  1. #101
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,752

    Default Re: EURO 2012 Thread

    Yeah, Portugal has figured out a lot of its issues from the game against Germany, which, honestly, wasn't that bad to begin with.

    You have to think Germany, Portugal, Italy, and Spain advance.

    I still think Germany wins it all.

  2. #102
    Thanks Kesty! Pig Nash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: EURO 2012 Thread

    I think that Italy/England game will be interesting because neither team like having the ball much. Both those teams always have a shot at big tournaments because of how disciplined and experienced they are.

  3. #103
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    32
    Posts
    9,113

    Default Re: EURO 2012 Thread

    I'm going with the following predictions...lets see how it turns up:

    Cze 1 - 2 Por
    Ger 1 - 0 Greece
    Spain 2 - 1 France
    England 1 - 1 Italy (Italy winning with penalty)

  4. #104

    Default Re: EURO 2012 Thread

    Well if we're going to do predictions...

    Port 2 - 0 Cze
    Ger 2 - 0 Greece
    Spain 1 - 0 France
    Eng 1 - 2 Italy
    Last edited by Suaveness; 06-20-2012 at 08:58 PM.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  5. #105
    Member Pingu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,247

    Default Re: EURO 2012 Thread

    I'll go against all odds and predict*:

    Cze 1 - 1 Por (Cze wins in penalty shoot-out)
    Ger 0 - 1 Greece
    Spa 1 - 3 Fra
    Eng 2 - 0 Ita

    *I guess there aren't really predictions in that I don't really believe these will be the outcomes of the games, but it'd be funny if they were.
    Last edited by Pingu; 06-21-2012 at 01:06 PM.

  6. #106
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,286
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: EURO 2012 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't sleep on Portugal. If they continue to play like they have, I think they are good enough to make some noise.
    Germany still picked Portugal apart for a while. I think that Portugal will only lose to either Germany or Spain, though.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  7. #107
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,286
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Ronaldo with wonderful chances. It will be Contrão or Nani who scores I think.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  8. #108
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,286
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    I stand corrected. Great goal by CR7


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  9. #109
    Member Pingu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,247

    Default Re: EURO 2012 Thread

    Well, there goes my prediction...

  10. #110

    Default Re: EURO 2012 Thread

    Ronaldo was terrific today. Spain is going to have their hands full in the next round, as Portugal is definitely capable of beating them.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  11. #111
    A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Farmerstucky
    Posts
    1,229

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: EURO 2012 Thread

    Indeed. It will be very interesting!
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

  12. #112
    Member Pingu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,247

    Default Re: EURO 2012 Thread

    Wait, has the France-Spain game been played already?

  13. #113
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,286
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wait, has the France-Spain game been played already?
    No, but I don't think that anyone is picking them over Spain outside of the French people themselves.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  15. #114
    Member Pingu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,247

    Default Re: EURO 2012 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, but I don't think that anyone is picking them over Spain outside of the French people themselves.
    Actually, I think most French people are picking Spain...

  16. #115
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,286
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually, I think most French people are picking Spain...
    I think the vnzla's of France are but the blind fans aren't.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  17. #116
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,286
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Let's go Germany! (sorry Nuntius)


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  18. #117
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,752

    Default Re: EURO 2012 Thread

    I just don't see how you could root against the underdog Greeks. They've already been much more entertaining than in 2004. Not to mention that they have the best facial hair and bald spots of the tournament. God I love me some Salpingidis.

  19. #118
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,286
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just don't see how you could root against the underdog Greeks. They've already been much more entertaining than in 2004. Not to mention that they have the best facial hair and bald spots of the tournament. God I love me some Salpingidis.
    Because I'm German...


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  20. #119
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,286
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    He did not look offside, bad break for Germany.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  21. #120
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,752

    Default Re: EURO 2012 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because I'm German...


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    Haha...totally allowed, beards aside.

  22. #121
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,286
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Haha...totally allowed, beards aside.
    I was born here but my family is from Germany (my grandfather's generation), so we're rooting for Germany haha.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  23. #122
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,286
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Lahr should NOT have taken that, but I'll take it


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  24. #123

    Default Re: EURO 2012 Thread

    Germany should be up by 3
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:


  26. #124
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,286
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: EURO 2012 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Germany should be up by 3
    With 70-30 possession, you'd think so. However, GREAT go by Sammy Khedira!!
    Last edited by Steagles; 06-22-2012 at 04:12 PM.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  27. #125

    Default Re: EURO 2012 Thread

    Greece made it interesting for awhile, but now it's over
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Similar Threads

  1. 2012 White Sox thread
    By Steagles in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-03-2012, 10:55 PM
  2. 2012 Offseason thread.
    By Coupe in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-30-2012, 11:47 AM
  3. 2012 MLB thread
    By Sollozzo in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-25-2012, 07:35 PM
  4. Euro 2008 Thread
    By Raskolnikov in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 255
    Last Post: 07-01-2008, 04:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •