Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 195

Thread: EURO 2012 Thread

  1. #126
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,275
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: EURO 2012 Thread

    Another goal!!!!!!! YES! Terrible goalkeeping (coming from a keeper myself) should've stayed on his line, but again, I'll take it!
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  2. #127

    Default Re: EURO 2012 Thread

    Oh boy, 4-1
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  3. #128
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,275
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: EURO 2012 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Germany should be up by 3
    Finally it is true!! Reus with the beautiful volley!
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  4. #129
    A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Farmerstucky
    Posts
    1,229

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: EURO 2012 Thread

    Wow the Germans looked VERY strong. Could have easily been a couple more.
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

  5. #130

    Default Re: EURO 2012 Thread

    I think a lot of that has to do with how weak Greece was. Piece of cake compared to group of death. Next round will be more difficult, and the final should be really interesting (likely Portugal or Spain)
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  6. #131
    Member Pingu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,245

    Default Re: EURO 2012 Thread

    This game should have been over after 15 minutes. Was the GK Greece played supposed to be better than the one who played the group state game?

  7. #132
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: EURO 2012 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This game should have been over after 15 minutes. Was the GK Greece played supposed to be better than the one who played the group state game?
    Their goalie, who was terrible to begin with, got injured in the second game.

    By the way, the German defense looked terrible. That's something to worry about. They won't have that type of space in the semis and their defense needs to be ready. Wow.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:


  9. #133
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,275
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: EURO 2012 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Their goalie, who was terrible to begin with, got injured in the second game.

    By the way, the German defense looked terrible. That's something to worry about. They won't have that type of space in the semis and their defense needs to be ready. Wow.
    Its the weakest link of the team, but I would not consider it terrible. Boateng makes it look as such though. Hopefully he is pulled from the starters.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  10. #134
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,045

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: EURO 2012 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This game should have been over after 15 minutes. Was the GK Greece played supposed to be better than the one who played the group state game?
    Yes, Sifakis is a much better GK than Chalkias. He wasn't particularly good against Germany but with the Chalkias it would be worse.

    Oh well, I'm happy for Steagles at least

  11. #135
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: EURO 2012 Thread

    france is putting up a decent enough effort, but they just lack individual quality in the final third

  12. #136
    Member Pingu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,245

    Default Re: EURO 2012 Thread

    Had France played with more ambition they *might* have gotten a better result. It was really disappointing to see Blanc come out with Debuchy as the right winger.

    Del Bosque needs to start Torres (or Negredo, or Llorente), because Spain needs to play with a striker if it wants to win the tournament.

  13. #137

    Default Re: EURO 2012 Thread

    Spain is going to have its hand full with Portugal, I'm telling you. You have to attack Spain to beat them and Portugal does that well. And with Ronaldo playing on form, it's going to be a real fun match.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  14. #138
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,275
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Spain is going to have its hand full with Portugal, I'm telling you. You have to attack Spain to beat them and Portugal does that well. And with Ronaldo playing on form, it's going to be a real fun match.
    It will be fun to watch if Spain is playing well and CR7 is as well. It will be a test of Casillas, who I think is the best keeper on earth right now.



    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  15. #139

    Default Re: EURO 2012 Thread

    Boy, England and Italy really suck. This is terrible to watch. I'm pretty sure USA could beat either of these teams today.

    And I agree with the commentators, it's silly that Germany gets 48 extra hours than either of these teams. Not to mention the extra time they have to play here.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  16. #140
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,275
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: EURO 2012 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Boy, England and Italy really suck. This is terrible to watch. I'm pretty sure USA could beat either of these teams today.

    And I agree with the commentators, it's silly that Germany gets 48 extra hours than either of these teams. Not to mention the extra time they have to play here.
    You simply can't play every game in a day, so every time someone will complain that another team got more rest. And the extra time means nothing- they could have prevented that by winning in regulation.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  17. #141
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: EURO 2012 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You simply can't play every game in a day, so every time someone will complain that another team got more rest. And the extra time means nothing- they could have prevented that by winning in regulation.
    The 48 hours is ridiculous. The should play the games 24 hours apart or on the same day (I don't see why that is so crazy).

  18. #142
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: EURO 2012 Thread

    Whew, that Lescott just keeps getting his forehead on the ball.

  19. #143

    Default Re: EURO 2012 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You simply can't play every game in a day, so every time someone will complain that another team got more rest. And the extra time means nothing- they could have prevented that by winning in regulation.
    48 hrs is something to complain about. That is way too long and created a competitive disadvantage. If it was 24 hrs it would be ok, but this isn't fair.

    Ugly, ugly game. Ugh.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  20. #144
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,275
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: EURO 2012 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    48 hrs is something to complain about. That is way too long and created a competitive disadvantage. If it was 24 hrs it would be ok, but this isn't fair.

    Ugly, ugly game. Ugh.
    No its not. You can't play games everyday after 90 minutes of running. Also, why aren't you complaining about Portugal getting the extra days too? You can't play the games everyday or have back to back in a straight bracket- this is a bracket where you play into your slot. It's imperfect but definitely not worth saying "competitive advantage given" as if it will decide the game. These are two good teams, they will play hard no matter what against Germany, you can't just hand Germany the win because of the 2 days.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  21. #145
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,275
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: EURO 2012 Thread

    In other news, great PK shootout so far, very exciting!
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  22. #146
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,275
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: EURO 2012 Thread

    Buffon with the GREAT save, and Italy deserved to win, very exciting match!
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  23. #147

    Default Re: EURO 2012 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No its not. You can't play games everyday after 90 minutes of running. Also, why aren't you complaining about Portugal getting the extra days too? You can't play the games everyday or have back to back in a straight bracket- this is a bracket where you play into your slot. It's imperfect but definitely not worth saying "competitive advantage given" as if it will decide the game. These are two good teams, they will play hard no matter what against Germany, you can't just hand Germany the win because of the 2 days.
    I'm not complaining about Portugal because they aren't playing. I'm talking about the system, so obviously I'm including Portugal in this, they shouldn't have 2 extra days either.

    And I think you're misunderstanding this. I'm not saying a team should play 2 days in a row. I'm saying Germany played 2 days ago, and they get 2 extra days off, whereas Italy has 2 less days to rest based on the schedule. You can easily rectify this by having the teams playing each other play on one night then the next night. That way the advantage a team has is only 1 day rather than 2 days. What they do now is just not right.

    The commentators all agree as well. This is poor planning by UEFA.
    Last edited by Suaveness; 06-24-2012 at 05:32 PM.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:


  25. #148
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,275
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: EURO 2012 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not complaining about Portugal because they aren't playing. I'm talking about the system, so obviously I'm including Portugal in this, they shouldn't have 2 extra days either.

    And I think you're misunderstanding this. I'm not saying a team should play 2 days in a row. I'm saying Germany played 2 days ago, and they get 2 extra days off, whereas Italy has 2 less days to rest based on the schedule. You can easily rectify this by having the teams playing each other play on one night then the next night. That way the advantage a team has is only 1 day rather than 2 days. What they do now is just not right.

    The commentators all agree as well. This is poor planning by UEFA.
    I'm not saying play back to back days as a single team, but as you said, the two matchups playing their games. But the bracket doesn't follow that. If you want to say it gives an advantage, more power to you but I disagree.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  26. #149

    Default Re: EURO 2012 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not saying play back to back days as a single team, but as you said, the two matchups playing their games. But the bracket doesn't follow that. If you want to say it gives an advantage, more power to you but I disagree.
    The bracket is made out to be whatever UEFA decides it to be. There's already a break between the KO rounds and the QFs, so you can easily make it so that they play on consecutive days. It definitely gives an advantage, b/c this is a tiring game and playing 4-5 games within a couple week period is very difficult. Getting as much rest as possible can only be beneficial.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  27. #150
    A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Farmerstucky
    Posts
    1,229

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: EURO 2012 Thread

    ANDREA EFFING PIRLO. That is all.
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveP63 For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. 2012 White Sox thread
    By Steagles in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-03-2012, 10:55 PM
  2. 2012 Offseason thread.
    By Coupe in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-30-2012, 11:47 AM
  3. 2012 MLB thread
    By Sollozzo in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-25-2012, 07:35 PM
  4. Euro 2008 Thread
    By Raskolnikov in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 255
    Last Post: 07-01-2008, 04:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •