Thread: Pacers 4th in road attendence, maybe the Hornets need to move again

Default Pacers 4th in road attendence, maybe the Hornets need to move again

I was just looking at the average attendence across the league.

Reason I did is because I was watching a oittle of the Knicks at New O. and Marv mentioned the crowd was onlt 11,000. I thought what a terrible crowd in February. Marv said it was because of a rain storm. WHAT. We have -20 below windchills and temperatures of 5 degrees and we get 17,18 thousand. I little rain storm and they only get 11,000.

Huge mistake moving the Hornets to New O.. This is only the second year there and they have a good team.

The Hornets are 26th in home attendence at 14,376 only the Hawks, Nets and Magic are worse.

But what really suprised me is that the pacers are 4th in road attendence behind only the Lakers, Cavs and, Sixers. Pacers get 17,519 per game on the road. Interestingly enough the Pistopns are one of the worst at 15,971. But then they lead the league on home attendence

Seems to indicate the Pacers are a popular team for whatever reason.

Pacers are 14th in home attendence

Default Re: Pacers 4th in road attendence, maybe the Hornets need to move again

I sure wouldn't mind if they moved them to Vegas...

How many players would take the minimum to come to Vegas?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Not many because they'd lose their entire salary in one night...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Sounds good to me. That's why I don't pay taxes.

Plus, think about it. It's the ultimate homecourt advantage.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Yes it be. Fans could place their bets, than stroll into the arena and go hoarse in the hopes of winning their bets...

Yes it be. Fans could place their bets, than stroll into the arena and go hoarse in the hopes of winning their bets...
    Well, that too. I meant that players from other teams would rarely be at their best.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Well, that too. I meant that players from other teams would rarely be at their best.
    Legalized prostitution in that situation would be a blessing and a curse... :

Vegas...

Isn't betting on he home team prohibited by law?

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Mood

Vegas...

Isn't betting on he home team prohibited by law?

-Bball
    I don't know, I've never bet on a game especially not in Vegas... :P

Legalized prostitution in that situation would be a blessing and a curse... :
    Attendance would double!

I am surprised that no one else is surprised that the Pacers are 4th in road attendence ahead of the Kings, Spurs, Mavs, Nets. Is that just a statitical aberration or are the Pacers popular. Maybe Artest, Reggie and J.O are popular outside Indy?

I am surprised that no one else is surprised that the Pacers are 4th in road attendence ahead of the Kings, Spurs, Mavs, Nets. Is that just a statitical aberration or are the Pacers popular. Maybe Artest, Reggie and J.O are popular outside Indy?
    I really have no idea.

Sports Logo

In the 99-00 season the Pacers were no#2 behind the Lakers in road attendance.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think the members of whatever city we're playing in want to see how their team stacks up against the best. We happen to be one of the best right now.

I'm surprised. I would've thought that even teams like Philly (because of AI) would draw more on the road. J.O. is pretty popular these days. Artest still doesn't get his due from casual basketball fans though.

One thing I did notice while looking at the schedule is that the Pacers have played a pretty good number of their road game on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. That would seem to help attendance. Also, having the season opener in Atlanta is better attendance-wise than having the season finisher there if you catch my drift.

Interesting.

Also, having the season opener in Atlanta is better attendance-wise than having the season finisher there if you catch my drift.

Interesting.
    We didn't have our season opener in Atlanta...

Also, having the season opener in Atlanta is better attendance-wise than having the season finisher there if you catch my drift.

Interesting.
    We didn't have our season opener in Atlanta...
    Oops, that's right
    3rd game of the season. Friday night Atlanta. We've also hit Washington twice on weekends and New Orleans once with more weekend game to go.

The first game we played Altanta was their home opener. and the other game we played in Atlanta was on MLK and besides Arkman boosting the attendence, they gave away $1.00 tickets, it was sold out.

I haven't looked at the attendance figures but I'd be willing to bet that some of these teams have a pretty significant increase in attendance for weekend games. Plus having a winning team coming in helps. Pacers have had a lot of weekend road games this year. More in the second half too.

That's right UB, I was confused and thought it was the Pacers opener as well for some reason.