Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Raptors looking to trade #8 Calderon or Andrea plus Ed Davis for star player.

Default Re: Raptors looking to trade #8 Calderon or Andrea plus Ed Davis for star player.

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unless we have another quality point guard for sure coming in, I'm not trading Collison.
    If Marshall is still on the board at 10 we would.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Raptors looking to trade #8 Calderon or Andrea plus Ed Davis for star player.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 1984 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    . . . If they were better than Danny there would be no need to trade them a way, but the thing is, you have to also look at potential and how that group could mesh, my only thing is who starts, Barngarni probably does not consider himself a bench guy, Davis needs PT to continue to get better, West is not going anywhere, and neither is Hibbert, we would have beast 2nd team though if no one asked for a trade.

When you have trades like this you are always trading experience and talent for potential and talent... or trying to save money.
    but the Pacers are not trying to trade experience for potential nor trying to save cap space, they are trying to win more playoff games. it seems they need a better player than some not quite as good players.

sorry i can't say it better, but the pacers need to trade up talent wise. if they trade danny, they need to get either lebron or wade back.
    Last edited by xIndyFan; 06-06-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LetsTalkPacers View Post
    I would hate this, but I wouldnt be surprised to see Hibbert s&t for bargs, davis #8
    No way!

Sounds simple.

Bird buys Pacers.

Bird hires Pritchard.

Pacers trade Danny & 26 for Calderon, #8, and Ed Davis

Pacers make max offer to Eric Gordon.

Pacers Pick Harrison Barnes, PJIII, or Jared Sullinger at #8

Get Geoge Hill for around 5-7 million a year, get Roy for 12 or so.

Line up looks like this.

Calderon
    Eric Gordon
    Paul George
    D West
    Roy Hibbert

DC
    G Hill
    Harrison Barnes
    T Hansbrough
    Ed Davis

Otherwise, Bargnani = Italian Troy Murphy, no thanks.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Davis & Barnagni would be a tremendous 2nd unit front court, though.

Banned

I
    Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    but the Pacers are not trying to trade experience for potential nor trying to save cap space, they are trying to win more playoff games. it seems they need a better player than some not quite as good players.

sorry i can't say it better, but the pacers need to trade up talent wise. if they trade danny, they need to get either lebron or wade back.
    Not sure if you are serious.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Davis & Barnagni would be a tremendous 2nd unit front court, though.
    And either player has the potential to be the power forward of the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    Otherwise, Bargnani = Italian Troy Murphy, no thanks.
    Why are you insulting Troy Murphy, he could rebound.
    Otherwise, it's a very apt comparison.
    They shoot, they look lost, they rarely pass, signed to very long 8 figure contracts, and neither can hit within 5 feet around the basket (Bargnani is actually worse at that than Murphy, which takes special talent to achieve for a 7 footer).

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:

Man Ed Davis is a great young prospect that hits the boards and plays physical down low. Bargnani gives us our own Ryan Anderson that everyone do remember is the mip. You can still trade dc for number 10 so you have two top ten picks a solid first and second unit and you can still go get you a sf to fill out the roster and will have an excellent young team going forward. Something like thunder

Btw, there were pictures of Ed Davis in a tattoo studio making circles around twitter during the lockout, where he seemed to have a beer belly. Combined with rumors of not so perfect work ethic, combined with declined performance this season, I don't think of him as a huge asset.

I think they'll probably target Gay with that deal.
    But I personally don't see it as a huge offer that's way above Granger's value.
    To me, Bargs is an overpaid player and a neutral asset at best. Davis is a good cheap player but not likely to be great.
    So I see it as Gay (or Granger in our case) for no.8 and fillers with a little bit of extra value. Considering Gerald Wallace was traded for #6, I'd say it's a deal that's about right. They aren't getting a legit top 15 star player with Bargs,Davis and #8.
    Last edited by ballism; 06-06-2012 at 08:18 PM.

Banned

Murphy wishes he had Andrea's tools stop it with the comparison he is way better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I

Not sure if you are serious.
    not really. miami was the only team i could think of that had 2 wings better than danny. just trying to give an example. not an expectation.

Banned

Not Troy Murphy.

Not Troy Murphy.
    i'm not sure what would be your complete argument, you simply posted a youtube vid. that one game (which in all fairness was fun, but neither he nor Amare defended much), or some specific skills. I did see that game, if that's where you are headed.

Bargs would be a nice bench player, or he might even be a starter if paired with a great all around, athletic player like a young KG or Dwight. But he's not a 10-11 mil a year player, nor IMO is he as good as Ryan Anderson like someone implied earlier. Anderson is a very decent defender, and he does not give up on boards.
    Last edited by ballism; 06-08-2012 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    he kind of is.
    i remember that game, he had a good game, but in all fairness he was defended by Amare and they still lost as they did 60 other games that year.
    Now, I'm not putting it on Andrea, he should not be a top 2 scoring option on any team, and they actually asked him to create in isos in the post where he has always been very inefficient.
    He'd be a nice bench player, or he might even be a starter if paired with a great all around, athletic player like a young KG or Dwight. But he's not a 10-11 mil a year player, nor IMO is he as good as Ryan Anderson like someone implied earlier. Anderson is a very decent defender, and he does not give up on boards.
    He's better than Ryan Anderson in my opinion just purely by being 7 foot tall and as good of a shoot as he is...

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    Gay, Cunningham, and Pargo for Bargnani, Davis, Johnson, and the #8 would be interesting. It would save Memphis about 2.4 million next season.

I think Ford mentioned something in his chat about the Pacers trading Collison and #26 for #10. Pacers gain another 1.3 million in cap space and get a chance to get a Jeremy Lamb or Dion Waiters, while the Hornets get a PG that's better than anyone they could get at 10.
    If we got the 10th pick, I just hope they trade Hans for a later first round like the Cavs 24 and take Royce White. Royce White would be a great backup for Granger and able to guard a lot of positions. He seems to have what we need in that he can dribble and pass...more of a point forward. Opposite of a black hole player, which the Pacers seem to be full of.

Who's going to be there with the #10 though. We don't need a SG (unless you are looking at trading Granger at some point and moving PG to the SF spot) or a starting SF. I honestly don't like the PGs in this draft. I don't see a PF/C type player other than Sully. Can Sullinger play PF in the NBA? If he could and was there at 10, that'd be good value. Sullinger reminds me of David West.

The middle of the draft is a bit iffy. There is solid value all around in this draft, but the middle of the draft doesn't make me salivate to get a trade made.
    Last edited by Sparhawk; 06-06-2012 at 10:10 PM.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    He's better than Ryan Anderson in my opinion just purely by being 7 foot tall and as good of a shoot as he is...
    He's better than Ryan Anderson, and most certainly better than Troy Murphy, but he's a finesse, perimeter oriented big man who plays questionable defense. So he doesn't exactly fit our team's modus operandi.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    He's better than Ryan Anderson, and most certainly better than Troy Murphy, but he's a finesse, perimeter oriented big man who plays questionable defense. So he doesn't exactly fit our team's modus operandi.
    Yeah he could be perfect next to a guy like Howard, Ibaka, Varejao, Okafor, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    well, i suppose it's a matter of opinion and preferences. Anderson is a 3pt shooter. Bargs has midrange game. But they are both limited near the basket, and Anderson is more mobile on defense and plays with more energy. While Bargs does not do a good job using his size in those areas, at all. If I'm picking a bench guy, I'd rather take Anderson.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah he could be perfect next to a guy like Howard, Ibaka, Varejao, Okafor, etc.
    Yep. I'm not sure how well he could adapt at playing power forward (I didn't watch a single minute of Craptor basketball this year--did he play much power forward? Any?), but I could see him being a good pickup for the Lakers. Stays out of Bynum's way in the post, doesn't have to be the first or second option on his team, Kobe would get the most out of him--there could be some intrigue there.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't see how anyone could consider this a good trade for Granger. The only redeeming quality is the #8, and that is no guarantee, and aren't rebuilding in Indy any more.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Yep. I'm not sure how well he could adapt at playing power forward (I didn't watch a single minute of Craptor basketball this year--did he play much power forward? Any?), but I could see him being a good pickup for the Lakers. Stays out of Bynum's way in the post, doesn't have to be the first or second option on his team, Kobe would get the most out of him--there could be some intrigue there.
    I don't think he plays power forward much but I think he can, the guy is talented, there is not doubt about that, I think he could be a good pickup for the Lakers, Orlando, Bulls? I would love him and Hibbert on offense but their D would be horrible.

Defensively, they do play him as a 4 quite a bit. They'd often have Reggie Evans (last year) or Amir Johnson trying to battle Howards of the league, rather than Bargs. But that's not because Bargs defends 4s well.

Offensively, i don't think there's much to adjust. he's inefficient in the low post as it is, midrange is his area. put a Howard in the middle and ask Bargs to mainly shoot from 15ft+.

But I don't know that he would be "perfect" as a 4 next to any of those guys, in the sense that a coach would want him over other 10-11 mil power forwards.
    He would still be a huge liability on defense. It would just be the best possible situation for Bargs.
    Where he could be 'perfect' is the old Nellie system. He has size mismatch, he's able to get a shot in a midrange iso, both of which Nellie used to love, and his defense wouldn't bother the coach.