Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 54

Thread: Raptors looking to trade #8 Calderon or Andrea plus Ed Davis for star player.

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Raptors looking to trade #8 Calderon or Andrea plus Ed Davis for star player.

    That's not a bad package.


    http://www.iamagm.com/news/2012/06/0...medium=twitter


    Question:* You still have Dion Waiters going to the Raptors, Chad. But all we keep hearing up here is that the Raptors are likely to move the pick. Any idea who would be available for the 8th pick in the draft?

    Chad Ford:* I agree that the Raptors are looking to move the pick. They've been trying to package it with another young player like Ed Davis and a vet (Bargnani or Calderon). I think they want a big time player on the wing so that they can lure Steve Nash this summer. The guy most people in the league believe they are after via trade is Rudy Gay. If they stay at 8, they want a player who can get to the basket. Thus ... Waiters at 8.

  2. #2
    PacerDude
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    234

    Default Re: Raptors looking to trade #8 Calderon or Andrea plus Ed Davis for star player.

    GRANGER FOR PICK 8, DAVIS, AND BARGNANI!!! DO IT!

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to tmhall11 For This Useful Post:


  4. #3

    Default Re: Raptors looking to trade #8 Calderon or Andrea plus Ed Davis for star player.

    Quote Originally Posted by tmhall11 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GRANGER FOR PICK 8, DAVIS, AND BARGNANI!!! DO IT!
    Bargnani would be nice.
    number 8 would be nice.
    i like Ed Davis

    but are any of them better than Danny? Is the team better? not really. Deeper, yes. More decent players, yes. But Pacers need better players, not more players.

  5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Member BPump33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Raptors looking to trade #8 Calderon or Andrea plus Ed Davis for star player.

    Hell, If Granger could lure Nash, let's just do that.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

  7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BPump33 For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Raptors looking to trade #8 Calderon or Andrea plus Ed Davis for star player.

    Quote Originally Posted by BPump33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hell, If Granger could lure Nash, let's just do that.
    Green?

  9. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,186

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Raptors looking to trade #8 Calderon or Andrea plus Ed Davis for star player.

    Gay, Cunningham, and Pargo for Bargnani, Davis, Johnson, and the #8 would be interesting. It would save Memphis about 2.4 million next season.

    I think Ford mentioned something in his chat about the Pacers trading Collison and #26 for #10. Pacers gain another 1.3 million in cap space and get a chance to get a Jeremy Lamb or Dion Waiters, while the Hornets get a PG that's better than anyone they could get at 10.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:


  11. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Raptors looking to trade #8 Calderon or Andrea plus Ed Davis for star player.

    Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bargnani would be nice.
    number 8 would be nice.
    i like Ed Davis

    but are any of them better than Danny? Is the team better? not really. Deeper, yes. More decent players, yes. But Pacers need better players, not more players.
    Andrea numbers are not that bad 19ppg and 5rpg, Calderon average 11ppg and 10apg and Ed David 6.6ppg and 6rpg, not only that but they are adding pick #8, so I disagree with you.

  12. #8
    Member Smits Happens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Roswell, GA
    Posts
    314

    Default Re: Raptors looking to trade #8 Calderon or Andrea plus Ed Davis for star player.

    Why are we all assuming that the Raptors would consider Granger a "star player"?

  13. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Smits Happens For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  14. #9
    PacerDude
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    234

    Default Re: Raptors looking to trade #8 Calderon or Andrea plus Ed Davis for star player.

    I like the idea of trading collison and moving up... but who are we targeting in the draft?

  15. #10
    PacerDude
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    234

    Default Re: Raptors looking to trade #8 Calderon or Andrea plus Ed Davis for star player.

    bc rudy gay was mentioned... and I don't think he's that much better than Danny

  16. #11
    Member WhoLovesYaBaby?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    616
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Raptors looking to trade #8 Calderon or Andrea plus Ed Davis for star player.

    Quote Originally Posted by BPump33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hell, If Granger could lure Nash, let's just do that.
    I would like to see West, Granger, and Hibbert talking up the team to other players. They are the respected vets now, let's use them.

  17. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Anderson
    Posts
    1,147
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Raptors looking to trade #8 Calderon or Andrea plus Ed Davis for star player.

    I would hate this, but I wouldnt be surprised to see Hibbert s&t for bargs, davis #8

  18. #13
    Member WhoLovesYaBaby?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    616
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Raptors looking to trade #8 Calderon or Andrea plus Ed Davis for star player.

    Quote Originally Posted by Smits Happens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why are we all assuming that the Raptors would consider Granger a "star player"?
    With that kind of package they are probably NOT looking at a Granger calibre player, or even a Hibbert. The Pacers would have to package more than just Granger for TOR to consider it.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to WhoLovesYaBaby? For This Useful Post:


  20. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Raptors looking to trade #8 Calderon or Andrea plus Ed Davis for star player.

    Quote Originally Posted by WhoLovesYaBaby? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With that kind of package they are probably NOT looking at a Granger calibre player, or even a Hibbert. The Pacers would have to package more than just Granger for TOR to consider it.
    According to the article Toronto is looking to trade either Andrea+Davis+pick for star player or Calderon+Davis+pick for an star player, either way I do not think Danny is enough for us to get either package, we would have to send something I think.

  21. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Anderson
    Posts
    1,147
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Raptors looking to trade #8 Calderon or Andrea plus Ed Davis for star player.

    regardless i wouldnt do it

  22. #16
    Member WhoLovesYaBaby?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    616
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Raptors looking to trade #8 Calderon or Andrea plus Ed Davis for star player.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    According to the article Toronto is looking to trade either Andrea+Davis+pick for star player or Calderon+Davis+pick for an star player, either way I do not think Danny is enough for us to get either package, we would have to send something I think.
    The Bargnani kid is a nice player but no Hibbert for sure. Plus he is injury prone, it seems.

  23. #17

    Default Re: Raptors looking to trade #8 Calderon or Andrea plus Ed Davis for star player.

    Danny for Bargnani, Davis, AND the #8 would be a steal. Morway, Bird, and Pritchard would be wearing ski masks after that one. You could grab Kendall Marshall or Jeremy Lamb at 8. Too bad Danny isn't a star and they are considering a much better player for that.

  24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:


  25. #18
    noob oz_pacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    205
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Raptors looking to trade #8 Calderon or Andrea plus Ed Davis for star player.

    Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gay, Cunningham, and Pargo for Bargnani, Davis, Johnson, and the #8 would be interesting. It would save Memphis about 2.4 million next season.

    I think Ford mentioned something in his chat about the Pacers trading Collison and #26 for #10. Pacers gain another 1.3 million in cap space and get a chance to get a Jeremy Lamb or Dion Waiters, while the Hornets get a PG that's better than anyone they could get at 10.
    I think Kendall marshall is a better pg than collision and he would be available at 10

    GRANGER!! FOR THE WIN.............. IT'S GOOD!!!!!

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to oz_pacer For This Useful Post:


  27. #19
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,253

    Default Re: Raptors looking to trade #8 Calderon or Andrea plus Ed Davis for star player.

    Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gay, Cunningham, and Pargo for Bargnani, Davis, Johnson, and the #8 would be interesting. It would save Memphis about 2.4 million next season.

    I think Ford mentioned something in his chat about the Pacers trading Collison and #26 for #10. Pacers gain another 1.3 million in cap space and get a chance to get a Jeremy Lamb or Dion Waiters, while the Hornets get a PG that's better than anyone they could get at 10.

    I think the Pacers are in a good position to trade Collison and the 26 pick to move up. Anywhere from 10-20
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  28. #20

    Default Re: Raptors looking to trade #8 Calderon or Andrea plus Ed Davis for star player.

    If we are able to somehow trade Collison & the 26 and grab Kendall Marshall, we're going to be in a great place. Marshall is going to be great.

  29. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Anderson
    Posts
    1,147
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Raptors looking to trade #8 Calderon or Andrea plus Ed Davis for star player.

    I dont see dc going anywhere

  30. #22
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,055
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Raptors looking to trade #8 Calderon or Andrea plus Ed Davis for star player.

    Quote Originally Posted by Smits Happens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why are we all assuming that the Raptors would consider Granger a "star player"?
    For conversation sake duh....

    Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bargnani would be nice.
    number 8 would be nice.
    i like Ed Davis

    but are any of them better than Danny? Is the team better? not really. Deeper, yes. More decent players, yes. But Pacers need better players, not more players.
    If they were better than Danny there would be no need to trade them a way, but the thing is, you have to also look at potential and how that group could mesh, my only thing is who starts, Barngarni probably does not consider himself a bench guy, Davis needs PT to continue to get better, West is not going anywhere, and neither is Hibbert, we would have beast 2nd team though if no one asked for a trade.

    When you have trades like this you are always trading experience and talent for potential and talent... or trying to save money.

    Quote Originally Posted by tmhall11 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    bc rudy gay was mentioned... and I don't think he's that much better than Danny
    Maybe not much better, but more entertaining, explosive, younger and more potential.

    Quote Originally Posted by LetsTalkPacers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would hate this, but I wouldnt be surprised to see Hibbert s&t for bargs, davis #8
    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Danny for Bargnani, Davis, AND the #8 would be a steal. Morway, Bird, and Pritchard would be wearing ski masks after that one. You could grab Kendall Marshall or Jeremy Lamb at 8. Too bad Danny isn't a star and they are considering a much better player for that.
    Yup it would be a steal, Vogel would just have to make sure he uses the guys right, might even be able to flip Bargnani for a vet PG or just get Calderon.

    Just checked Calderon only has 1 year left while Bargnani has 3 both making about the same, give me Calderon...
    Why so SERIOUS

  31. #23
    Member pacergod2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,886
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Raptors looking to trade #8 Calderon or Andrea plus Ed Davis for star player.

    If we did move up to ten, which that seems like a huge jump from 26 to 10 for Collison, but Collison is definitely worth a first so it probably makes more sense than I immediately thought. I think we would be targeting Zeller or Henson.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

  32. #24
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,683

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Raptors looking to trade #8 Calderon or Andrea plus Ed Davis for star player.

    Quote Originally Posted by tmhall11 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GRANGER FOR PICK 8, DAVIS, AND BARGNANI!!! DO IT!
    Does Bird sign in as tmhall11?

    Cuz only he would overvalue Granger to this degree
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  33. #25
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,962

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Raptors looking to trade #8 Calderon or Andrea plus Ed Davis for star player.

    Unless we have another quality point guard for sure coming in, I'm not trading Collison.

Similar Threads

  1. Andrea Bargnani, Jerryd Bayless return to Toronto Raptors' lineup [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2011, 09:30 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-19-2010, 02:20 PM
  3. Toronto Raptors re-sign Andrea Bargnani to five-year extension [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-08-2009, 04:50 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-22-2009, 03:10 PM
  5. Raptors'-ANDREA BARGNANI SUMMER LEAGUE
    By KiiiLLAKiiiiD in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-21-2006, 04:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •