Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Raptors looking to trade #8 Calderon or Andrea plus Ed Davis for star player.

Banned

Default Raptors looking to trade #8 Calderon or Andrea plus Ed Davis for star player.

That's not a bad package.

http://www.iamagm.com/news/2012/06/0...medium=twitter

Question:* You still have Dion Waiters going to the Raptors, Chad. But all we keep hearing up here is that the Raptors are likely to move the pick. Any idea who would be available for the 8th pick in the draft?

Chad Ford:* I agree that the Raptors are looking to move the pick. They've been trying to package it with another young player like Ed Davis and a vet (Bargnani or Calderon). I think they want a big time player on the wing so that they can lure Steve Nash this summer. The guy most people in the league believe they are after via trade is Rudy Gay. If they stay at 8, they want a player who can get to the basket. Thus ... Waiters at 8.

PacerDude

Default Re: Raptors looking to trade #8 Calderon or Andrea plus Ed Davis for star player.

GRANGER FOR PICK 8, DAVIS, AND BARGNANI!!! DO IT!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tmhall11 For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Raptors looking to trade #8 Calderon or Andrea plus Ed Davis for star player.

Quote Originally Posted by tmhall11 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bargnani would be nice.
    number 8 would be nice.
    i like Ed Davis

but are any of them better than Danny? Is the team better? not really. Deeper, yes. More decent players, yes. But Pacers need better players, not more players.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hell, If Granger could lure Nash, let's just do that.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BPump33 For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BPump33 View Post
    Green?

Gay, Cunningham, and Pargo for Bargnani, Davis, Johnson, and the #8 would be interesting. It would save Memphis about 2.4 million next season.

I think Ford mentioned something in his chat about the Pacers trading Collison and #26 for #10. Pacers gain another 1.3 million in cap space and get a chance to get a Jeremy Lamb or Dion Waiters, while the Hornets get a PG that's better than anyone they could get at 10.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    Bargnani would be nice.
    number 8 would be nice.
    i like Ed Davis

but are any of them better than Danny? Is the team better? not really. Deeper, yes. More decent players, yes. But Pacers need better players, not more players.
    Andrea numbers are not that bad 19ppg and 5rpg, Calderon average 11ppg and 10apg and Ed David 6.6ppg and 6rpg, not only that but they are adding pick #8, so I disagree with you.

Why are we all assuming that the Raptors would consider Granger a "star player"?

13. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Smits Happens For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

PacerDude

I like the idea of trading collison and moving up... but who are we targeting in the draft?

PacerDude

bc rudy gay was mentioned... and I don't think he's that much better than Danny

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BPump33 View Post
    I would like to see West, Granger, and Hibbert talking up the team to other players. They are the respected vets now, let's use them.

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would hate this, but I wouldnt be surprised to see Hibbert s&t for bargs, davis #8

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Smits Happens View Post
    Why are we all assuming that the Raptors would consider Granger a "star player"?
    With that kind of package they are probably NOT looking at a Granger calibre player, or even a Hibbert. The Pacers would have to package more than just Granger for TOR to consider it.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to WhoLovesYaBaby? For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WhoLovesYaBaby? View Post
    With that kind of package they are probably NOT looking at a Granger calibre player, or even a Hibbert. The Pacers would have to package more than just Granger for TOR to consider it.
    According to the article Toronto is looking to trade either Andrea+Davis+pick for star player or Calderon+Davis+pick for an star player, either way I do not think Danny is enough for us to get either package, we would have to send something I think.

Banned
    Mood

regardless i wouldnt do it

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    According to the article Toronto is looking to trade either Andrea+Davis+pick for star player or Calderon+Davis+pick for an star player, either way I do not think Danny is enough for us to get either package, we would have to send something I think.
    The Bargnani kid is a nice player but no Hibbert for sure. Plus he is injury prone, it seems.

Danny for Bargnani, Davis, AND the #8 would be a steal. Morway, Bird, and Pritchard would be wearing ski masks after that one. You could grab Kendall Marshall or Jeremy Lamb at 8. Too bad Danny isn't a star and they are considering a much better player for that.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    Gay, Cunningham, and Pargo for Bargnani, Davis, Johnson, and the #8 would be interesting. It would save Memphis about 2.4 million next season.

I think Ford mentioned something in his chat about the Pacers trading Collison and #26 for #10. Pacers gain another 1.3 million in cap space and get a chance to get a Jeremy Lamb or Dion Waiters, while the Hornets get a PG that's better than anyone they could get at 10.
    I think Kendall marshall is a better pg than collision and he would be available at 10

GRANGER!! FOR THE WIN.............. IT'S GOOD!!!!!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to oz_pacer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post

I think the Pacers are in a good position to trade Collison and the 26 pick to move up. Anywhere from 10-20
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

If we are able to somehow trade Collison & the 26 and grab Kendall Marshall, we're going to be in a great place. Marshall is going to be great.

Banned
    Mood

I dont see dc going anywhere

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Smits Happens View Post
    For conversation sake duh....

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    Bargnani would be nice.
    number 8 would be nice.
    i like Ed Davis

If they were better than Danny there would be no need to trade them a way, but the thing is, you have to also look at potential and how that group could mesh, my only thing is who starts, Barngarni probably does not consider himself a bench guy, Davis needs PT to continue to get better, West is not going anywhere, and neither is Hibbert, we would have beast 2nd team though if no one asked for a trade.

When you have trades like this you are always trading experience and talent for potential and talent... or trying to save money.

bc rudy gay was mentioned... and I don't think he's that much better than Danny
    Maybe not much better, but more entertaining, explosive, younger and more potential.

Quote Originally Posted by LetsTalkPacers View Post
    I would hate this, but I wouldnt be surprised to see Hibbert s&t for bargs, davis #8
    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    Danny for Bargnani, Davis, AND the #8 would be a steal. Morway, Bird, and Pritchard would be wearing ski masks after that one. You could grab Kendall Marshall or Jeremy Lamb at 8. Too bad Danny isn't a star and they are considering a much better player for that.
    Yup it would be a steal, Vogel would just have to make sure he uses the guys right, might even be able to flip Bargnani for a vet PG or just get Calderon.

Just checked Calderon only has 1 year left while Bargnani has 3 both making about the same, give me Calderon...
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If we did move up to ten, which that seems like a huge jump from 26 to 10 for Collison, but Collison is definitely worth a first so it probably makes more sense than I immediately thought. I think we would be targeting Zeller or Henson.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

Sports Logo

Does Bird sign in as tmhall11?

Cuz only he would overvalue Granger to this degree
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Unless we have another quality point guard for sure coming in, I'm not trading Collison.