Thread: Warriors Looking To Use Picks To Trade For Veteran Small Forward (Danny Granger mentioned)

Obviously ur not a golfer 5_7_Clash's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Warriors Looking To Use Picks To Trade For Veteran Small Forward (Danny Granger mentioned)

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...d=rss.warriors

I couldn't get the San Francisco Gate page to come up so the copy below is from RealGM.

The Warriors would like to upgrade their starting small-forward spot.

Golden State reportedly would like to trade a combination of its four first-round picks for Andre Iguodala, Nicolas Batum, Luol Deng, Rudy Gay, Danny Granger or Josh Smith.

"Having four picks is a tremendous situation to be in, and I think we can do some good things with it," general manager Bob Myers said. "We're excited. We have a tremendous amount of assets, which puts us in good shape to explore a variety of opportunities. It's up to us to make something of it."

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, a 6-foot-7 small forward out of Kentucky, also is coveted by the Warriors.
    There is, of course, a misprint here. The Warriors do not have four first-round picks. They have four picks total: 7, 30, 35, and 52

I think some combination that includes the #7 pick would be worth looking at. Especially if it included other picks (#30, I'm looking in your direction). DG and DC for the #7 and #30? Which of course would allow us to keep the #26.
    Last edited by 5_7_Clash; 06-06-2012 at 01:39 PM.

Sports Logo

Default Re: Warriors Looking To Use Picks To Trade For Veteran Small Forward (Danny Granger mentioned)

Technically, they said that they have "four picks"....not necessarily four 1st Round picks.....that would be two 1st round Picks and two 2nd round picks.

We are in "continue to build a strong core to compete on an Elite Level and win a Championship in 2 years" mode. As for trading Granger for picks....it's a step backwards.
    Last edited by CableKC; 06-06-2012 at 01:40 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Warriors Looking To Use Picks To Trade For Veteran Small Forward (Danny Granger mentioned)

Quote Originally Posted by 5_7_Clash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I couldn't get the San Francisco Gate page to come up so the copy below is from RealGM.

There is, of course, a misprint here. The Warriors do not have four first-round picks. They have four picks total: 7, 30, 35, and 52

I think some combination that includes the #7 pick would be worth looking at. Especially if it included other picks (#30, I'm looking in your direction). DG and DC for the #7 and #30? Which of course would allow us to keep the #26 and cheaply fill some of the inevitable holes from free agency.
    That sounds flat out insane to me. We're not getting a player as good as DG for the #7. Would we even get a player better than DC at the #7?!

7 last year was Bismack... 8 and 9 were Kemba Walker and Brandon Knight.

Would you trade DG for one of them? No way.

Greg Monroe, Al-Farouq Aminu, and Gordon Heyward

Stephan Curry, Jordan Hill, Demar Derozen.

I wouldn't trade DG straight up for any of them, and that's ignoring that it's only a CHANCE at them, considering you're just as likely to totally bust at the pick.

No thanks.
    Removed link to my website after a PM from Able.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to notque For This Useful Post:

I'm not necessarily saying we draft with all three picks. The combination of the three first-rounders would be formidable in a trade scenario. More so, I think, than just offering Danny straight up.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by notque View Post

I wouldn't trade DG straight up for any of them, and that's ignoring that it's only a CHANCE at them, considering you're just as likely to totally bust at the pick.

No thanks.
    You're kidding right?
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That's fine by me, since I'd be just as reluctant to trade Monroe for granger...

What pick was granger, again?

2013 Pacers Digest NBA 2K13 Champion (Xbox 360)

That sounds flat out insane to me. We're not getting a player as good as DG for the #7. Would we even get a player better than DC at the #7?!

7 last year was Bismack... 8 and 9 were Kemba Walker and Brandon Knight.

Would you trade DG for one of them? No way.

No thanks.
    Danny for:
    Biyombo - No way.
    Greg Monroe - Yes.
    Stephan Curry - Yes.

DC for:
    Kemba Walker - Possibly, yes.
    Brandon Knight - Probably not.
    Aminu - No.
    Gordon Hayward - No.
    Jordan Hill - Possibly, yes.
    Demar Derozan - Possibly, yes.
    Last edited by 5_7_Clash; 06-06-2012 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    That's fine by me, since I'd be just as reluctant to trade Monroe for granger...

What pick was granger, again?
    17th

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 5_7_Clash For This Useful Post:

Mood

When all of your wishes are granted many of your dreams will be destroyed -MM

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HC For This Useful Post:

I personally would not be opposed to the Pacers trading Granger and the 26th for a combination of the 7th, 30th, and 35th. I like Jeremy Lamb at the 7th pick. I feel he has some star potential and with him and PG playing the 2 and 3 we would have a two very lengthy wings how can drive or spot up and shot. With the 30th or 35th pick you can try and shore up the front court with a pick like Ezeli. I think with these additions we may lose a few more games next year but we would still be able to contend for the central title. In all honesty, I don't see the Pacers winning the Championship in the next two to three years so it's going to take gutsy moves like this one to position us as title contenders for 5 plus years down the road.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sperka07 For This Useful Post:

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

This would make perfect sense if we kept Kawhi Leonard.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to CooperManning For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CooperManning View Post
    We traded our pick for Hill, we didn't trade Leonard for Hill. Thus we never had Leonard to keep. And since we have Granger and George, it's likely we would never have picked Leonard.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:

. . .

No thanks.
    I would probably say it nicer, but i totally agree. This is NBA, only 5 guys play at a time. One really good player is much more valuable than a whole bunch of decent players. Pacers have plenty of decent players. They need stars. This is the kind of trade the pacers need to make in reverse. Trade 2 or 3 guys for one really good guy.

Teams that suck and have a good player might look at this type of trade. or teams that are rebuilding. Maybe Boston might bite with Paul Pierce. But it is a bad trade for Indiana, [or Memphis], [or Chicago], [or Atlanta]. IDK about Portland and Philly.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    We traded our pick for Hill, we didn't trade Leonard for Hill. Thus we never had Leonard to keep. And since we have Granger and George, it's likely we would never have picked Leonard.
    We picked Leonard and traded him for Hill during the draft so we had him for few minutes.

Mood

GSW is nuts. They need to pick four players in the draft that will fit their team and develop them. It's just plain silly to take on a big contract like Granger's when they worked so hard to get out of big contracts. The Pacers would not consider losing Granger at this point. They are going to tinker with upgrading the bench production. The starting five stays on.

Quote Originally Posted by CooperManning View Post
    Please don't remind me about that.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by WhoLovesYaBaby? View Post
    GSW is nuts. They need to pick four players in the draft that will fit their team and develop them. It's just plain silly to take on a big contract like Granger's when they worked so hard to get out of big contracts. The Pacers would not consider losing Granger at this point. They are going to tinker with upgrading the bench production. The starting five stays on.
    The new Ownership for the Warriors are tired of rebuilding and think that they are ready to make a run for the Playoffs. At some point, a team has to stop rebuilding and start competing for a Playoff spot. The last thing the Warriors need to do is to get younger....they need to get more experience to win.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by HC View Post
    Yeah I could have swore there was another thread talking about this same topic, surprised this did not get flagged...
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

I think we have two options. We either look to go big and add salary to Granger and West, or we trade Granger to build for a team that will complement Hibbert, Hill and George with youth. So we either add veterans and money or increase cap space and add picks.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    I would probably say it nicer, but i totally agree. This is NBA, only 5 guys play at a time. One really good player is much more valuable than a whole bunch of decent players. Pacers have plenty of decent players. They need stars. This is the kind of trade the pacers need to make in reverse. Trade 2 or 3 guys for one really good guy.
    Granger has not been a "really good player" in some time; indeed, he's progressively getting worse, and he's nearing his 30s. And you can get more than a "really good player" with a lottery pick in what is billed as the best draft in years. And oh by the way the team could get younger (always a good thing when your owner is budgeting) and possibly address several glaring needs (playmaker? true point guard? quality big?) in the process...

Oh, but it's Granger. The best player in the NBA after Lebron James, forget what you saw/heard/have read over the past 3 years. Wouldn't trade him for 10 #1 overall picks, because he's so valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoLovesYaBaby? View Post
    I disagree, after the Monta trade, their starting 5 would be scary with a SF. Lets just say it is Granger: Curry/Thompson/Granger/Lee/Bogut

That starting 5 is stacked. They have shooters, defense, good big men with post games. I don't see how you wouldn't be impressed with that.

EDIT: I might be wrong, but I believe they would still have at least Rush, Udoh, and Biedrins on the bench as well, not sure who else, but dang.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    I disagree, after the Monta trade, their starting 5 would be scary with a SF. Lets just say it is Granger: Curry/Thompson/Granger/Lee/Bogut

That starting 5 is stacked. They have shooters, defense, good big men with post games. I don't see how you wouldn't be impressed with that.

EDIT: I might be wrong, but I believe they would still have at least Rush, Udoh, and Biedrins on the bench as well, not sure who else, but dang.
    On paper, it looks good. A deeper evaluation reveals a different truth though: Curry's ankles are made of eggshells, Bogut is constantly hurt, Thompson is unproven, Granger is solid, Lee puts up good numbers but is a defensive atrocity. If they were all healthy, to me, that's a 6ish seed in the playoffs out West, maybe. Minor note: Udoh was traded to the Bucks as part of the Ellis package.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    On paper, it looks good. A deeper evaluation reveals a different truth though: Curry's ankles are made of eggshells, Bogut is constantly hurt, Thompson is unproven, Granger is solid, Lee puts up good numbers but is a defensive atrocity. If they were all healthy, to me, that's a 6ish seed in the playoffs out West, maybe. Minor note: Udoh was traded to the Bucks as part of the Ellis package.
    I forgot he was apart of that trade.

I don't know, if they are healthy, which I understand is a big if, they will be a good team. Bogut is a good defensive player and should be a good fit with Lee. Both Lee and Bogut have a good post game as well, so with Curry, Thompson, and Granger spreading the floor for them, they will have a good offense that will be difficult to stop.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 5_7_Clash View Post
    DG and DC for the #7 and #30? Which of course would allow us to keep the #26.
    that would be the single most insane trade in pacers history, ever.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Frostwolf For This Useful Post: