Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 79

Thread: Chris Broussard disses Pacers on ESPN

  1. #1
    Member adamscb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute
    Age
    22
    Posts
    491

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Chris Broussard disses Pacers on ESPN

    I was watching tonight's pre-game show on ESPN, and Chris Broussard said that the Pacers would have had trouble making the playoffs in the Western Conference. This really ticked me off. I thought Broussard was smarter than that...

  2. #2
    Member Stuckey7370's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Princeton, IN
    Posts
    510

    Default Re: Chris Broussard disses Pacers on ESPN

    Quote Originally Posted by adamscb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was watching tonight's pre-game show on ESPN, and Chris Broussard said that the Pacers would have had trouble making the playoffs in the Western Conference. This really ticked me off. I thought Broussard was smarter than that...
    I heard this as well and wondered is he saying ATL, BOS, ORL, NY, PHI would not have made playoffs in west as well?

  3. #3
    CA Pacer Fan A-Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,092

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Broussard disses Pacers on ESPN

    He could have said we wouldn't have gotten past the first round, perhaps, but to say we wouldn't have even made the playoffs? C'mon, dude.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Train For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    make it happen focused444's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    589
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Broussard disses Pacers on ESPN

    dear chris broussard, GTFO

    -Pacer Fans
    Last edited by focused444; 06-08-2012 at 05:24 AM.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to focused444 For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    The evolution continues neosmndrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Carmel, IN/Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    441

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Broussard disses Pacers on ESPN

    Broussard is among the leaders in the "NO SUPERSTARS??? LOL U SUCK" bandwagon. I'm upset that the man is still employed.


    Carmel HS Class of 2011

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to neosmndrew For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Chris Broussard disses Pacers on ESPN

    OK so let's see the teams we have not chance against: OKC, Spurs, Lakers, Dallas, Memphis, Clippers, yeah we are probably 7 or 8 there and is close with Denver and Utah.

  10. #7
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    10,621

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Broussard disses Pacers on ESPN

    Reason #34540 to pay no attention to Chris Broussard's basketball "analysis." I don't get why they have him on there, he's a newsbreaker guy, not an analyst. It'd be like putting Adam Schefter on NFL Live to talk about 4-3 defenses versus 3-4s.

  11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  12. #8
    Member Smits Happens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Roswell, GA
    Posts
    300

    Default Re: Chris Broussard disses Pacers on ESPN

    I wonder if he even knows the Pacers had the best winning percentage vs Western Confetence teams of anyone in the NBA this year.

  13. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Smits Happens For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  14. #9
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,991

    Default Re: Chris Broussard disses Pacers on ESPN

    Quote Originally Posted by adamscb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was watching tonight's pre-game show on ESPN, and Chris Broussard said that the Pacers would have had trouble making the playoffs in the Western Conference. This really ticked me off. I thought Broussard was smarter than that...
    Talking head = some dumb opinions! Broussard just proved he's lazy. Just because people have a gift for gab and a basic knowledge doesn't mean they do their homework.

    Fact; The Pacers led all Eastern teams with a 13-5 record against the West. That's a .722 percentage.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:


  16. #10

    Default Re: Chris Broussard disses Pacers on ESPN

    LeBRAAAHHN JAYMES

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:


  18. #11
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    14,840
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Broussard disses Pacers on ESPN

    It's his best Bob Kravitz imitation. He has you talking about him...his mission is accompllished. It's also the typical West is best attitude.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to indygeezer For This Useful Post:


  20. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,753

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Broussard disses Pacers on ESPN

    Quote Originally Posted by Smits Happens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder if he even knows the Pacers had the best winning percentage vs Western Confetence teams of anyone in the NBA this year.
    While I disagree with Broussard, keep in mind that that isn't as good an argument this year because of the unbalanced schedules due to the lockout. The Pacers played Golden State, New Orleans, and Minnesota twice, 3 of the worst 4 teams in the conference. It might have been different if they played San Antonio, the Lakers, and Memphis twice.

  21. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Broussard disses Pacers on ESPN

    Quote Originally Posted by adamscb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was watching tonight's pre-game show on ESPN, and Chris Broussard said that the Pacers would have had trouble making the playoffs in the Western Conference. This really ticked me off. I thought Broussard was smarter than that...
    He is smart and he was correct.......

  22. #14
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Broussard disses Pacers on ESPN

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is smart and he was correct.......
    Well if anyone was looking for proof that Broussard was wrong, there you go.

  23. The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  24. #15

    Default Re: Chris Broussard disses Pacers on ESPN

    What did the other 3 say about it? I sent him a tweet and told him to do his homework.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  25. #16
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,060

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Broussard disses Pacers on ESPN

    Broussard is just another talking head blowing smoke.

  26. #17
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,687

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Broussard disses Pacers on ESPN

    Friends don't let friends watch ESPN commentary.

  27. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to 1984 For This Useful Post:


  28. #18
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    5,665

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Broussard disses Pacers on ESPN

    Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Friends don't let friends watch ESPN commentary.
    Except when Roy will be on next Friday.... wearing an Area55 shirt.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  30. #19
    Member indyman37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    891

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Broussard disses Pacers on ESPN

    I keep glancing over the title of this thread then quickly look back at it because I think it says "Chris Broussard Dies..."

  31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to indyman37 For This Useful Post:


  32. #20

    Default Re: Chris Broussard disses Pacers on ESPN

    This is just the beginning. With Hibbert as.a RFA, Brousard will probably launch a full court press of false rumors and shadey opinions, just to get Roy on a big market team. Its what he does.

  33. #21
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,376

    Default Re: Chris Broussard disses Pacers on ESPN

    I brought up in some other thread that he's a big market superstar nut hugger and got completely dogged for it, glad to see there is some that share my opinion on broussard

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:


  35. #22

    Default Re: Chris Broussard disses Pacers on ESPN

    Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    While I disagree with Broussard, keep in mind that that isn't as good an argument this year because of the unbalanced schedules due to the lockout. The Pacers played Golden State, New Orleans, and Minnesota twice, 3 of the worst 4 teams in the conference. It might have been different if they played San Antonio, the Lakers, and Memphis twice.
    True, except Minnesota was looking to be a low seed playoff team when the Pacers first beat them... the second time, yes.

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to Gold For This Useful Post:


  37. #23
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    16,991

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Broussard disses Pacers on ESPN

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK so let's see the teams we have not chance against: OKC, Spurs, Lakers, Dallas, Memphis, Clippers, yeah we are probably 7 or 8 there and is close with Denver and Utah.
    I'll agree about OKC and Spurs. But we are in the same level with the rest of the teams you mentioned.

    Personally, what Broussard said sounds more like a jab to the Eastern Conference than the Pacers themselves. People keep overvaluing the Western Conference even though we were able to beat them throughout the year. Next season will convince them I hope

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  39. #24
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    1,951

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Broussard disses Pacers on ESPN

    He's just mad his superstar Knicks finished behind the Pacers.

  40. #25
    Member Manguera's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    101

    Default Re: Chris Broussard disses Pacers on ESPN

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Reason #34540 to pay no attention to Chris Broussard's basketball "analysis." I don't get why they have him on there, he's a newsbreaker guy, not an analyst. It'd be like putting Adam Schefter on NFL Live to talk about 4-3 defenses versus 3-4s.


    When's the last time he even "broke" any news that was actually true? From what I can tell, he mostly talks out his arse or just repeats someone else. And the way he talks is annoying. He doesn't even SOUND like he knows what he's talking about. Which is bad considering his job.
    A healthy man takes a crap every day. A smart man does it on company time.

Similar Threads

  1. Ric Bucher and Chris Broussard debate Durant/Westbrook
    By PacersFan1991 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-20-2012, 12:30 AM
  2. Do you agree with this statement by Chris Broussard?
    By 90'sNBARocked in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 03-29-2011, 12:06 PM
  3. Magic/Suns close to a deal (Chris Broussard's twitter)
    By Trophy in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 12-21-2010, 08:57 PM
  4. Chris Broussard on Roy Hibbert
    By pacers74 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-03-2010, 09:38 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-21-2009, 12:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •