Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 79

Thread: I think Anthony "The Brow" Davis is overrated....

  1. #26

    Default Re: I think Anthony "The Brow" Davis is overrated....

    Davis struggled against anyone with size and strength this year and will continue to do so. Unless he adapts to play the sf position, it'll be a long time before he ever becomes what the "experts" say he will. I mean my goodness, the guy was 1-10 shooting in the championship game and you would have thought he had a game like Laetner or Walton based on the praise he received.

  2. #27
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,226

    Default Re: I think Anthony "The Brow" Davis is overrated....

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The PF version of Marcus Camby? Not exactly the kind of thing that sells out arenas across the country, but could still be a great asset.
    I came here to say that. He reminds me of Marcus Camby/Tyson Chandler type of player. May not sell tickets, but he'll help you win games doing the dirty work.

    I will say that since the guy was a guard not too long ago, that I think he has the chance of developing an offensive game unlike Marcus/Tyson.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  3. #28
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,371

    Default Re: I think Anthony "The Brow" Davis is overrated....

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Davis struggled against anyone with size and strength this year and will continue to do so. Unless he adapts to play the sf position, it'll be a long time before he ever becomes what the "experts" say he will. I mean my goodness, the guy was 1-10 shooting in the championship game and you would have thought he had a game like Laetner or Walton based on the praise he received.
    For one time only, I will agree with you.

    This kid is about to get eaten up in the NBA, and its gonna be hilarious to watch. Maybe after his 3rd year he will develop enough mass to actually be effective, but right now is like Austin Daye as a rookie. Tall and lanky.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  4. #29
    CA Pacer Fan A-Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,281

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I think Anthony "The Brow" Davis is overrated....

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Zeller isn't a perimeter player. He is the next Kevin Mchale. Footwork is elite
    Thus, "a bit". I'd hope he can step out and hit a 10-12 foot jumper every now and again. McHale did.

  5. #30
    Thanks Kesty! Pig Nash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I think Anthony "The Brow" Davis is overrated....

    Just want it publicly stated that I think Davis is the real deal and will be a superstar.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pig Nash For This Useful Post:


  7. #31

    Default Re: I think Anthony "The Brow" Davis is overrated....

    Attachment 519

    look how tiny Dwight looks...almost the same as davis.

    according to Draft Express b4 howard enter the NBA he was 6'10" 240, davis is 6'10" 220

    and Davis just grew and needs some time to grow muscle. You can't count this kid out when he hasn't event started yet.

    Edit: And if we had the #1 pick in this draft.... everyone on here would be all over Davis and how good he is going to be.... just like we do for PG

    Edit 2.0: Hibbert 13 pts 6 rbs his senior year... Davis 14 its 10 rbs his freshman year
    Last edited by PacerPenguins; 05-31-2012 at 12:29 AM.

  8. #32
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,020

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: I think Anthony "The Brow" Davis is overrated....

    I firmly, FIRMLY believe Anthony Davis is a franchise maker. People forget in this one and done era how damn young these kids are. We all compare them to Lebron or something, and that just isn't fair, James is a legitimate prodigy. He's going to be Hakeem lite.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  10. #33
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,631
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: I think Anthony "The Brow" Davis is overrated....

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wait, let me get this straight? You think the Hornets are going to agree to sign and trade Eric Gordon here, for Hansbrough and Collison, then for the fun of it, they'll throw in the #10 pick because they're feeling nice? Huh? What? AND THEN you think we'll continue to have so much cap space that after signing Eric Gordon, and Hibbert that we can go out and get Nash too?

    WTF.
    Yes. Yes, I do.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  11. #34
    Brian Mac_Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    University Heights
    Age
    27
    Posts
    569
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I think Anthony "The Brow" Davis is overrated....

    I would have loved to see him, Teague, and Kidd-Gilcrist mature together for another couple of years at UK. It would have made for an amazing team and he would have had more time to bulk up a bit and learn some new offense. He'll be fine out of the gate, but he could have been simply amazing with a bit more time. I like the guy.


  12. #35
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,161

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I think Anthony "The Brow" Davis is overrated....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he is the second best prospect in the draft besides Kidd-Gilchrist whom I think will be a superstar. I do agree though that Anthony Davis is slightly overrated though.
    Davis isn't bad, but I agree that I'd take K-G over him. He's going to be a franchise player.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  14. #36
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,371

    Default Re: I think Anthony "The Brow" Davis is overrated....

    I bet that he doesn't even do any work outs for NO or Charlotte. He'll do the predraft combine measurements and vertical, and thats about it.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  15. #37
    Plumlee Fan Jeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    153
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I think Anthony "The Brow" Davis is overrated....

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Davis isn't bad, but I agree that I'd take K-G over him. He's going to be a franchise player.
    Not a doubt about it.

  16. #38

    Default Re: I think Anthony "The Brow" Davis is overrated....

    Being a freshman makes projections hard. Some guys mature early, like Jordan or Lebron.

    Others that become great show skills of greatness in spurts, but in other ways give you reason to wonder. I mean, if Hakeem Olajuwon entered the NBA draft after his freshman year when he scored 8 points a game and had a shooting range of about 3 feet, people would have called him crazy. Would he be the type of player who would lead his team to an NBA championship, when the next best scorer on the team was Otis Thorpe? Hardly!

    For the record I think Davis will be good in the long run, an all-star level player 5 years from now. I don't think the gap to Kidd-Gilchrist is all that large, though, and would not be surprised if Davis struggles more early on.
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 05-31-2012 at 03:11 PM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  17. #39
    Member Mr. Pink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Scottsburg, IN
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,347

    Default Re: I think Anthony "The Brow" Davis is overrated....

    Anthony Davis is going to be a Superstar in this league. Everyone talks about his frame and weight, but he is going to grow into it. I actually got to watch him play the day after he signed for Kentucky. The guy is a guard first who grew into a post players height. He was driving to the lane, shooting turn around jumpers, and three's. When he came to UK to play they needed him downlow, and guess what he did... he adapted. He never had to play defense or block shots in High School and in 1 year he developed into a monster on the defensive end. The only disadvantage at playing at UK was he wasn't able to show case his offensive talent because it wasn't needed. No one was able to see him do his thing on offense. New Orleans is lucky to get a kid with a great foundation, unlimited potential, and a great kid. I had the pleasure to interview him a couple of times with his time at UK, and he has his head on his shoulders. Can't wait to see him play with the big boys.
    AKA Sactolover05

  18. #40
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,519
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I think Anthony "The Brow" Davis is overrated....

    Quote Originally Posted by Pig Nash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just want it publicly stated that I think Davis is the real deal and will be a superstar.
    I'm with ya.

    I think he'll be a little bit of Garnett and Howard rolled into one.
    Last edited by Hoop; 05-31-2012 at 03:21 PM.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  19. #41

    Default Re: I think Anthony "The Brow" Davis is overrated....

    Say what you will about Davis, but for my money Kidd-Gilchrist is an absolute monster and will be the best player from this draft, imo.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to IUfan4life For This Useful Post:


  21. #42

    Default Re: I think Anthony "The Brow" Davis is overrated....

    You guys are sleeping on him. He's like a 5 tool player but for basketball. Amazing defensive instincts, quick, long, has a great post move (his right-handed hook shot), he can pass, he has a mid-range game, and on top of all of that he's a great rebounder. He didn't score as much at UK as he could have because he didn't need to. He's going to start out as a great defensive player and become a great offensive player as well.

    Not going to to deny that MKG is going to be a stud. The worst thing the Bobcats could do is pass on MKG for Thomas Robinson (bust alert). Bradley Beal and Jeremy Lamb are the other players I think will be stars from this draft.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:


  23. #43
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I think Anthony "The Brow" Davis is overrated....

    Quote Originally Posted by imbtyler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes. Yes, I do.
    I see zero reason the Hornets do that. Besides that unless Nash miraculously decided to accept a minimum salary there is no way to fit Nash, Hibbert and Eric under the cap with realistic contracts.

    It's unrealistic thinking like this that led to people wanting Larry Bird fired. They expected him to trade overpaid crap for All Stars.

  24. #44
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,081

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I think Anthony "The Brow" Davis is overrated....

    I would be nothing short of shocked, if Davis isn't a top 5 big man in the league, before his rookie contract is up.

    He is absolutely legit.

  25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  26. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,436

    Default Re: I think Anthony "The Brow" Davis is overrated....

    I think A.Davis is going to be a fabulous player. At worst he's a very solid building block and at best he's a franchise changer. I think he's better than Camby and he's 3 years younger right now than Camby was at the 96' draft.

    I think Greg Oden would've been the franchise changing center if not for a body that just gave out on him, and I think Davis can be sort of a lesser version of the player a healthy Oden could've been, which is pretty damn good. He can be a total game changer on the defensive end.

    I'm mad my Warriors came back from 20+ down to win a meaningless game against the T-Wolves that cost us a few extra lottery balls because I think very highly of Davis.
    Last edited by d_c; 05-31-2012 at 06:37 PM.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to d_c For This Useful Post:


  28. #46
    Dutch Pacers Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    537

    Default Re: I think Anthony "The Brow" Davis is overrated....

    If we are really predicting things, then I will say that Davis and the much-mentioned MKG will both have multiple all-star appearances in their careers, if they are not derailed by injuries! This is no Kwame Brown we're talking about!
    yay, we're going back to the play-offs!

  29. #47
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,621

    Default Re: I think Anthony "The Brow" Davis is overrated....

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyHoya View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The unibrow is a tell-tale sign of lycanthropy. Watch for strange throat-biting incidents on Bourbon Street during the 2012-2013 Season
    I saw him drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. And his hair was perfect.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Doug For This Useful Post:


  31. #48
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,615

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I think Anthony "The Brow" Davis is overrated....

    I think Tyson Chandler comparison is a good one but I see his ceiling as being closer to a Dwight Howard level player. When Dwight came into the league his offense was very limited as well (moreso than Davis) but when you can get above the rim and can rebound, you have plenty of opportunities to score.

    I think he is the closest thing to a Superstar in this draft. You can't underestimate playing in Cal's system either. Derrick Rose, John Wall, Demarcus Cousins, and now Davis. I think Davis has the potential to be the best player of that group in 5 years.

  32. #49
    Enjoying the Show BrownBearCoffee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Age
    28
    Posts
    385
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I think Anthony "The Brow" Davis is overrated....

    I guess it depends on one's definition of overrated. I believe Davis will give you 12-9-3-3 by his second year.

  33. #50

    Default Re: I think Anthony "The Brow" Davis is overrated....

    while i haven't seen every game at uk he played in, i do believe he will be quite successful. his defense will have an immediate impact. his offense may be lagging in comparison but, he will make an immediate impact and i think he can get his scoring to increase before too long. he is going to be good.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 05-13-2011, 12:43 AM
  2. Is "playing to win" overrated?
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 01-18-2011, 03:21 PM
  3. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 10:56 PM
  4. Tbird analysis: The overrated nature of "team" defense
    By thunderbird1245 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-31-2007, 10:02 AM
  5. "Playas Ball"....A Dale Davis production....
    By Kstat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-08-2006, 04:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •