Thread: Any Disabled Veterans or Veterans Applying for Disability/Appeals

Mood

Default Any Disabled Veterans or Veterans Applying for Disability/Appeals

I just wanted to see if there were any other disabled Veterans out there that are currently having problems with the VA system? I have had an appeal in for 5 years and my appeal started to the board 3 years before that. It is still at the Regional Office. If you are having problems e-mailing VA secretary Bob McDonald helps out amazingly with getting things going. I contacted his office with my problem and was right to the point. 2 weeks later my appeal that was in the processing stage for 5 years magically was sent for a decision. Hopefully it will be a good sign of things to come. Now I need to find the time to file for SSI for my disabled daughter. Also anyone having problems with the VA health system? Just thought maybe I could start a thread to help each other out.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jeffg-body For This Useful Post:

Mood

Default Re: Any Disabled Veterans or Veterans Applying for Disability/Appeals

I got some confusing paperwork from the VA today contradicting itself all over. It first says I was denied on my appeal but in other parts it discusses an increase in my rating. I am confused so I will take it to my representative Monday. It sounds like they don't want to pay me my back pay.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jeffg-body For This Useful Post:

Mood

Just got off the phone with my rep. She says not to fight the back pay issue because they have been reducing people's rating at the BVA level. She said expect the back pay in my account soon.

Mood

Just got home from the VA a bit ago and apparently my last doctor was an idiot, per the new doctor opinion. I have sleep problems so they prescribed me a medication at night that the first side effect is insomnia. After everything was through we made 6 medication changes today. I really like my new doctor. On the way home my rep called me to let me know that four other Veterans have not gotten their back pay and rate increases yet so she filed a complaint with the VA supervisor and sent the supervisor a list of us so he can fix it.

Mood

I was awarded on my appeal today and received my back pay going back to 2011. My overall rating went from 60% to 80% and I will be eligible to apply for temporary unemployability while I am in school to increase my benefits. It could not have come at a better time as we were down to our last 50$ and still had until the first to get to. Now I can breathe a little with a sigh of relief and not rush back into work with this leg still mending.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeffg-body For This Useful Post: