Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Source: Deron Doesnt See Mavericks As Good Spot In Long Run

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Exclamation Source: Deron Doesnt See Mavericks As Good Spot In Long Run

    Source Deron Doesnt See Mavericks As Good Spot In Long Run - RealGM Wiretap

    Quote Originally Posted by RealGM Wiretap
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Deron Williams prefers to re-sign with the Nets, but he also would consider going to the Lakers in a sign-and-trade, according to a source.

    The Lakers appear to be a more suitable alternative for Williams than the Mavericks.

    "There's no longevity there," said a source close to Williams of the Mavericks.

    Via Sam Amick/SI.com
    The article the report originated from:

    Dwight Howard-for-Andrew Bynum trade makes sense for both teams - Sam Amick - SI.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Amick
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For the Lakers, Williams could be a possibility if Howard is not. A source close to the three-time All-Star said he would be interested in joining the Lakers, though it would have to be via a sign-and-trade deal. (Lakers point guard Ramon Sessions, who was acquired from Cleveland at the trade deadline, has a $4.5 million player option for next season.) The source said Williams' preference, however, is for the Nets to improve the roster sufficiently enough that he can feel good about staying put rather than fear a repeat of this season, when they finished 22-44. As for Dallas, which sacrificed its best chance to defend the title by preserving salary-cap space last summer in anticipation of this free-agent class, the source said of the Mavericks: "There's no longevity there." If owner Mark Cuban can clear enough space to sign a worthy sidekick for Williams, though, then maybe Williams would join his hometown team after all.

  2. #2
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,943

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Source: Deron Doesnt See Mavericks As Good Spot In Long Run

    Deron Williams prefers to re-sign with the Nets, but he also would consider going to the Lakers in a sign-and-trade, according to a source.
    Sounds like his agent won.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  4. #3

    Default Re: Source: Deron Doesnt See Mavericks As Good Spot In Long Run

    I hope its true. I also hope he doesn't want to re-sign with the Nets and chooses Indiana.

    Wishless thinking I suppose...

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pace Maker For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Source: Deron Doesnt See Mavericks As Good Spot In Long Run

    Deron2Indy.com?
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  8. #5

    Default Re: Source: Deron Doesnt See Mavericks As Good Spot In Long Run

    Deron Williams would do wonders for the Pacers (well, any team, really). It's too bad that it seems like Indy won't get any consideration.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Aw Heck For This Useful Post:


  10. #6
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,580
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Source: Deron Doesnt See Mavericks As Good Spot In Long Run

    I wouldn't mind seeing him mired in Jersey/Brooklyn.

    After the way he acted on the way out in Utah? Nice to see a "superstar" NOT get everything handed to him.

  11. #7
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,631
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Source: Deron Doesnt See Mavericks As Good Spot In Long Run

    I really wish he would read that article (which someone posted in the Free Agency thread) about why he won't come to the Pacers for stupid reasons. Maybe he'd snap out of his ego and realize that he could lead this team to the finals EASILY, as well as earn MVP for making our team eons better. I think it's pathetic that he's more interested in the two biggest markets, NY/Brooklyn and Los Angeles. Let me guess, he either wants to stay with the Nets, because it's easier, there's more money in it, and there's great potential for rebuilding, or he wants to go to LA so he can compete against Chris Paul on their home court. Absolutely pathetic.

    YOU WON'T WIN MVP IN LOS ANGELES, DERON! DON'T BE A FOOL, JOIN THE PACERS! BECOME IMMORTALIZED AND BRING A CHAMPIONSHIP TO INDY!

    oh well.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  12. #8
    STRAIGHT UP pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,011
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Source: Deron Doesnt See Mavericks As Good Spot In Long Run

    Quote Originally Posted by Aw Heck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Deron Williams would do wonders for the Pacers (well, any team, really). It's too bad that it seems like Indy won't get any consideration.
    No one talks about the Pacers being a destination until the Pacers call that player, and the Pacers clearly aren't calling yet.

    I still have hope that the Pacers are a definite possibility and could be favorites if DWill has been watching them play, and Bird remains with the team. We have the money, the team, and the need. It makes too much sense for him not to do it, so it should be at least a consideration. But, no one will talk about it until the Pacers actually call and make their interest known.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

    @The_Real_CJake

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:


  14. #9
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,043

    Default Re: Source: Deron Doesnt See Mavericks As Good Spot In Long Run

    Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No one talks about the Pacers being a destination until the Pacers call that player, and the Pacers clearly aren't calling yet.

    I still have hope that the Pacers are a definite possibility and could be favorites if DWill has been watching them play, and Bird remains with the team. We have the money, the team, and the need. It makes too much sense for him not to do it, so it should be at least a consideration. But, no one will talk about it until the Pacers actually call and make their interest known.
    Who's this no one you are talking about? We have been talking about it for months on here, so I guess we are classed (In this case) as no one. As for the Pacers front office, they won't talk about it, even when we get bumped from the playoffs.

    So, do you mean the media? Most of the time they make up their rumors, so give it time, some one will read the story on here and post their version of it.

    I guess it would depend on Williams camp, if they want to leak it, but if we offer the max, they have no reason to leak it, unless they prefer a max offer from someone else.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:


  16. #10
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Source: Deron Doesnt See Mavericks As Good Spot In Long Run

    if you are really considering a sign and trade to Lakers as a viable option, then letting people know "either sign and trade me, or I'm staying" is not a good strategy.

    It seems like he's set to take the money and stay with the Nets.

    And I don't see any way the Nets would trade him for less than Bynum+Pau after this statement. No reason to accept anything less than 100% of value.
    And in that case, there's not much longevity in LA. I'd even say that the Mavs have more of it as Dirk's salary is much lower and there's more room to build around.

  17. #11
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Source: Deron Doesnt See Mavericks As Good Spot In Long Run

    One thing I don't understand is how LA is a better situation that Dallas? Basically, there is an old star, a mediocre veteran and a player with raw talent. Dallas has the first two. LAL in 6 years is basically Dallas in 4.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  18. #12
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,517

    Default Re: Source: Deron Doesnt See Mavericks As Good Spot In Long Run

    LA has Bynum, so they're definitely set for the long run better than Dallas. I agree with that statement.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

    Read it and weep:

    When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

  19. #13
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,517

    Default Re: Source: Deron Doesnt See Mavericks As Good Spot In Long Run

    It does look like he's about to just take the money though. I guess it is very hard to turn down all that money. I couldn't imagine being able to do it myself, so it certainly makes sense.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

    Read it and weep:

    When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

  20. #14
    STRAIGHT UP pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,011
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Source: Deron Doesnt See Mavericks As Good Spot In Long Run

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who's this no one you are talking about? We have been talking about it for months on here, so I guess we are classed (In this case) as no one. As for the Pacers front office, they won't talk about it, even when we get bumped from the playoffs.

    So, do you mean the media? Most of the time they make up their rumors, so give it time, some one will read the story on here and post their version of it.

    I guess it would depend on Williams camp, if they want to leak it, but if we offer the max, they have no reason to leak it, unless they prefer a max offer from someone else.
    LOL, of course I meant the media. We could talk about the Dream Team coming out of retirement to play in Indiana and it wouldn't mean anything.

    I know they make up a lot of "rumors" but we're not usually in the rumors unless there is legitimate interest shown by the team. Remember the trip to Denver that Bird made last off-season to meet with Nene? We will enter the discussions when it's actually time to enter it because we have the best situation, biggest need, and most money. Someone (namely Larry Bird) will have to sell to DWill that a person can be as big a star in Indy as anywhere if they have the talent and team around them that DWill would have in a Pacers jersey.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

    @The_Real_CJake

  21. #15

    Default Re: Source: Deron Doesnt See Mavericks As Good Spot In Long Run

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One thing I don't understand is how LA is a better situation that Dallas? Basically, there is an old star, a mediocre veteran and a player with raw talent. Dallas has the first two. LAL in 6 years is basically Dallas in 4.
    Uhh, Gasol is FAR from a mediocre veteran if that is what you were implying. His stats went down this season because of Mike Brown's horrible offense.

  22. #16
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,540

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Source: Deron Doesnt See Mavericks As Good Spot In Long Run

    Although I don't mind trying to make a run at him....I don't see Deron coming to Indy.

    I can see what vnzla81 suggested.....DreMiller would be the guy signed to a 2 year deal, the Pacers matches any offer that GH gets and then deals DC for some other assets.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  23. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,009

    Default Re: Source: Deron Doesnt See Mavericks As Good Spot In Long Run

    I wouldn't mind at all if Deron came to Indy, it would vastly improve the team a lot in the short term (less than 3 years). I just think it is a highly risky long term (3+ years) move considering how much it will cost, and I don't think Deron is good enough to lead a team to the promise land as the best player without at least 2 other all-star caliber players. There is no guarantee we will have that.
    Last edited by Eleazar; 05-24-2012 at 02:27 AM.

  24. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,161

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Source: Deron Doesnt See Mavericks As Good Spot In Long Run

    Quote Originally Posted by pezasied182 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Uhh, Gasol is FAR from a mediocre veteran if that is what you were implying. His stats went down this season because of Mike Brown's horrible offense.
    Exactly. And Gasol would be about the best the Nets could get in a sign and trade for Williams.

Similar Threads

  1. Bulls in good spot at All-Star break (AP) [Y! Sports]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 04:20 PM
  2. Source: Amare Stoudemire long shot to return to Phoenix Suns [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2010, 02:50 PM
  3. Thunder drop Mavericks to clinch playoff spot [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-04-2010, 12:10 AM
  4. ever have a good, reliable, long-lasting American car?
    By Slick Pinkham in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 11-26-2008, 02:50 PM
  5. Replies: 97
    Last Post: 06-20-2007, 04:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •