Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm sorry for so many threads but I have another question....

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: I'm sorry for so many threads but I have another question....

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    this really, really wasnt my intent by bringing up that post...i found it quite funny that he mentioned grant hill wouldnt respond the way artest did...when two weeks ago grant said that he probably wouldve...like most have said they probably wouldve....

lemme think....someone throws a full beer in my face....yea...im thinking i and probably 200 million americans might have this disorder then....

can u help me out with the cure as well?
    I can't believe that most people would have just charged blindly into the stands looking for the guy. I probably would have jumped up and tried to find the person while yelling a few choice words. Heck, if the idiot would have had the guts to raise his hand I probably would have started after him. But by taking the time to look before I leaped should have allowed others to intervien.

To say that MOST people would have done what Ron did is reaching farther than what some people do that you claim is going too far with Ron.

The thing is, it is really easy to play monday morning quarterback with this kinda thing. I mean, we can say that we would or wouldn't go into the stand, but how do we honestly know unless we are put into the same situation? It bugs me when people critisize Ron for going in, when they possibly might have gone in themselves.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Going into the stands was retaliation. Maybe he was just going up to grab the guy and put a scare into him. That might be giving him too much credit. The media made it sound like he was throwing punches every step of the way and beating people into the ground, but that is unfair as well. He did snap. He was wrong. He went overboard.

Now, the guy that came out on the floor. I think that was self-defense. The guy comes walking up to him on the court with his fists up, and Ron takes a swing. That guy, as it turns out, posed very little threat, but Artest responded in self-defense.

Grant brings up a correct poin I think. By leaving that border between the court and the stands it became retaliation. I simply can't see why he'd be "safer" leaving his area and enter the one where the attack came from.

And again, the the fans that got punched on the COURT all were punched in self-defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Going into the stands was retaliation. Maybe he was just going up to grab the guy and put a scare into him. That might be giving him too much credit. The media made it sound like he was throwing punches every step of the way and beating people into the ground, but that is unfair as well. He did snap. He was wrong. He went overboard.

Now, the guy that came out on the floor. I think that was self-defense. The guy comes walking up to him on the court with his fists up, and Ron takes a swing. That guy, as it turns out, posed very little threat, but Artest responded in self-defense.
    That's pretty close to what the Prosecutor said last fall in discussing what charges he'd file. Yes for the incident in the stands but the guy on the floor approached Artest in a hostile manner and he was within his rights to respond as he did.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

must .....resist...urge....to join.... arrrgggh!!!

HEY RWB.... do me a favor will ya? Look up the definition of ASSAULT....I beleive that Ron's actions would constitute Assault...just by touching the guy. And anyone who touched Ron could likewise be charged with assault.

(o'course they coulda changed definitions since I read it in college but, I believe I'm still right)

yeah we all said a lot of things back then...it was an emotional time and we were all shell-shocked by what we witnessed. I said then and I firmly believe that Sterns actions made a martyr out of Ron and that the league would have gotten more support locally had the penalty been say 50 games. Unfortunately, Stern was getting more support NATIONALLY for the stance he took.

And wy do we have to be called HATERS just because we feel the team is better off trading him than keeping him? I've always said I like ROn and would love to see him succeed...even as a PAcer. But I think the other players will be better off with him gone. So WHY AM I A HATER???
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..