Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Game 6 to tip at 8 o'clock.....

  1. #1
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,822

    Default Game 6 to tip at 8 o'clock.....

    According to NBA.com.
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  2. #2
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Game 6 to tip at 8 o'clock.....

    Any thoughts on if Game 7 will/would be a night game versus a day game?

  3. #3
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,412

    Default Re: Game 6 to tip at 8 o'clock.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Any thoughts on if Game 7 will/would be a night game versus a day game?
    NBA would be crazy to make it a day game. If this goes to a game 7 then it will be one of the more epic series of recent memory.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  4. #4
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,554

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Game 6 to tip at 8 o'clock.....

    8pm EDT tip off for game 6 on a Thursday no less?

    Doesn't the NBA know that there are people in Indy that have to go to work the next day?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  6. #5
    The Mole ColeTheMole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    551

    Default Re: Game 6 to tip at 8 o'clock.....

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    8pm EDT tip off for game 6 on a Thursday no less?

    Doesn't the NBA know that there are people in Indy that have to go to work the next day?
    Yes, but the also know no one in California wants to watch the game at 4 PM. Hate the way that is but whatever.
    DG for 3

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ColeTheMole For This Useful Post:


  8. #6
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,554

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Game 6 to tip at 8 o'clock.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ColeTheMole View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, but the also know no one in California wants to watch the game at 4 PM. Hate the way that is but whatever.
    Damn...you're right....I have to go in to the office on Thursday......ok....5pm PDT sounds right to me.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  9. #7

    Default Re: Game 6 to tip at 8 o'clock.....

    ESPN says game 5 is 8pm as well. Stoked as I am one of those people in California and I get out of work at 5:30 (8:30 eastern). Very glad I'll be seeing (mostly) live games this week instead of shutting myself off from the world and watching on my DVR

  10. #8

    Default Re: Game 6 to tip at 8 o'clock.....

    Good, that means less of those little heat fan 3rd grade *******s. Go to bed kids, go to bed!!

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ndcoltsnpacers For This Useful Post:


  12. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,170

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Game 6 to tip at 8 o'clock.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Any thoughts on if Game 7 will/would be a night game versus a day game?
    According to my DirecTV, Game 7 would be at 8:00 on ABC Saturday night.

  13. #10
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,870

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Game 6 to tip at 8 o'clock.....

    I do have to admit, the idea of the party in Indianapolis on Saturday night the day before the race if the Pacers were able to upset Miami in a game 7 could be of epic proportions...

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  15. #11
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,549

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Game 6 to tip at 8 o'clock.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do have to admit, the idea of the party in Indianapolis on Saturday night the day before the race if the Pacers were able to upset Miami in a game 7 could be of epic proportions...
    Just like the old days. *sigh*
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  16. #12
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Game 6 to tip at 8 o'clock.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do have to admit, the idea of the party in Indianapolis on Saturday night the day before the race if the Pacers were able to upset Miami in a game 7 could be of epic proportions...
    Oh God, just the thought of being downtown, going home at like 3 and getting up at 4 to head out sounds.... AWESOME!
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  17. #13
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default Re: Game 6 to tip at 8 o'clock.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Any thoughts on if Game 7 will/would be a night game versus a day game?
    I do not have a good idea what time the game will be. A number of factors.

    Depends on whether Phill and Boston goes to a 7th game. they are scheduled to play game #7 on Saturday also. Either ABC or ESPN will cover both games.

    So if they both go 7 games, I could see ABC having the Pacers vs Heat at 3:30 and ESPN showing Celtics vs Sixers at 8:00. (although I don't know if ABC has a window for the game on Saturday.

    If someone stuck a gun to my head and asked me to predict.

    My hunch is both games would be on ESPN. Sixers vs Boston at 6:00... Pacers vs heat at 8:30. If only Pacers vs heat goes 7 games. Then Pacers vs Heat to start at 8:00 or maybe 8:30.

    Don't hold me to it though.

    I think ABC has some NASCAR programming for Saturday afternoon. So I think ESPN would carry game #7's Saturday night.

    Oops I see shags already has this.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 05-22-2012 at 10:27 AM.

  18. #14
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Game 6 to tip at 8 o'clock.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do have to admit, the idea of the party in Indianapolis on Saturday night the day before the race if the Pacers were able to upset Miami in a game 7 could be of epic proportions...
    Too bad the game wouldn't be here, then the TV crews could just set up camp for the weekend.

    OTOH, if Indy could win in 6 and BOS/PHI is over, then Indy would be due to host the first ECF probably MON? And that would lead right in from the race too.


    So if you think about it, if ESPN/ABC really were controlling things for their own benefit, having the Pacers hosting the ECF to tie in with their 500 coverage actually helps quite a bit, especially as cinderellas that just beat Miami.

  19. #15
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default Re: Game 6 to tip at 8 o'clock.....

    if the Celtics beat the Sixers in game #6 and if either the Heat or Pacers in in 6 games. I would expect game #1 of the ECF to start Saturday night. (especially if ABC has a game scheduled Saturday night) even though it isn't a high viewing night - Saturday of Memorial day weekend - no one is watching TV.

  20. #16
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,580
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Game 6 to tip at 8 o'clock.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do not have a good idea what time the game will be. A number of factors.

    Depends on whether Phill and Boston goes to a 7th game. they are scheduled to play game #7 on Saturday also. Either ABC or ESPN will cover both games.

    So if they both go 7 games, I could see ABC having the Pacers vs Heat at 3:30 and ESPN showing Celtics vs Sixers at 8:00. (although I don't know if ABC has a window for the game on Saturday.

    If someone stuck a gun to my head and asked me to predict.

    My hunch is both games would be on ESPN. Sixers vs Boston at 6:00... Pacers vs heat at 8:30. If only Pacers vs heat goes 7 games. Then Pacers vs Heat to start at 8:00 or maybe 8:30.

    Don't hold me to it though.

    I think ABC has some NASCAR programming for Saturday afternoon. So I think ESPN would carry game #7's Saturday night.

    Oops I see shags already has this.
    Don't forget, it's already been shown that ABC/ESPN/TNT will do whatever it takes to put Miami in the prime slots. Therefore, if it is an option, they'll most certainly put a game 7 featuring THE MIAMI HEAT OMG!?!>!> in the 8/8:30 slot Saturday. And from what I've been reading, the Philly/Boston series is getting awful ratings.

  21. #17
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,580
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Game 6 to tip at 8 o'clock.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Lurkster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ESPN says game 5 is 8pm as well. Stoked as I am one of those people in California and I get out of work at 5:30 (8:30 eastern). Very glad I'll be seeing (mostly) live games this week instead of shutting myself off from the world and watching on my DVR
    I'm glad you said something. As of yesterday, the game was listed as a 7pm start. That would be hilarious, half the arena would be empty because those loser Heat fans.

  22. #18
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,549

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Game 6 to tip at 8 o'clock.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    if the Celtics beat the Sixers in game #6 and if either the Heat or Pacers in in 6 games. I would expect game #1 of the ECF to start Saturday night. (especially if ABC has a game scheduled Saturday night) even though it isn't a high viewing night - Saturday of Memorial day weekend - no one is watching TV.
    nba.com has game one of ECF on Monday without any asterisk or other notation. I suspect that is set in stone and won't be earlier.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  23. #19
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default Re: Game 6 to tip at 8 o'clock.....

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    nba.com has game one of ECF on Monday without any asterisk or other notation. I suspect that is set in stone and won't be earlier.

    Shall we bet a slice of pie.

    So if both semi's end in 6 games (of course with the pacers beating the Heat in 6) you say game #1 starts MOnday and I say it starts Saturday.

    (just a note - the WCF was set to start on Tuesday according to NBA.com - but they have moved it up to Sunday because of a 4 and 5 game series in the semis.

  24. #20
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,549

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Game 6 to tip at 8 o'clock.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shall we bet a slice of pie.

    So if both semi's end in 6 games (of course with the pacers beating the Heat in 6) you say game #1 starts MOnday and I say it starts Saturday.

    (just a note - the WCF was set to start on Tuesday according to NBA.com - but they have moved it up to Sunday because of a 4 and 5 game series in the semis.
    I will be incredibly f**king unhappy if they move it to Saturday night and the Pacers are in it. That's a pretty expensive pair of tickets to have to eat due to having made other plans.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  25. #21
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,870

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Game 6 to tip at 8 o'clock.....

    If both series end in 6, I would be shocked if the NBA doesn't want to kick off the conference finals on Saturday night.


    However, let's just hope the Pacers are involved at all. Because rooting for the Green Men over Miami sounds a bit like rooting for a root canal over a leg amputation.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  27. #22
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,822

    Default Re: Game 6 to tip at 8 o'clock.....

    Game 7 just announced as Saturday at 8
    Last edited by MagicRat; 05-22-2012 at 02:59 PM.
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  28. #23
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,580
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Game 6 to tip at 8 o'clock.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shall we bet a slice of pie.

    So if both semi's end in 6 games (of course with the pacers beating the Heat in 6) you say game #1 starts MOnday and I say it starts Saturday.

    (just a note - the WCF was set to start on Tuesday according to NBA.com - but they have moved it up to Sunday because of a 4 and 5 game series in the semis.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I will be incredibly f**king unhappy if they move it to Saturday night and the Pacers are in it. That's a pretty expensive pair of tickets to have to eat due to having made other plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If both series end in 6, I would be shocked if the NBA doesn't want to kick off the conference finals on Saturday night.


    However, let's just hope the Pacers are involved at all. Because rooting for the Green Men over Miami sounds a bit like rooting for a root canal over a leg amputation.
    http://blog.timesunion.com/sportsmed...entative/9816/

    The NBA Western Conference finals will begin Sunday, and the Eastern Conference finals will start no later than Monday. The East will start on Saturday if the current series both end in six games
    The link also contains a schedule if the series ends in 6, and if it ends in 7.

  29. #24
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,549

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Game 6 to tip at 8 o'clock.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://blog.timesunion.com/sportsmed...entative/9816/



    The link also contains a schedule if the series ends in 6, and if it ends in 7.


    Go Philly. Force game 7.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Similar Threads

  1. New York Knicks coach questions game clock in Boston Celtics' win [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-16-2010, 06:30 PM
  2. Dwight Howard dunk KO's 24-second clock, halts game [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-20-2009, 09:10 PM
  3. Your on the clock and he's there.....
    By RWB in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-24-2009, 10:54 PM
  4. Draft Clock
    By Jose Slaughter in forum ABA League
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-30-2008, 09:34 PM
  5. The Clock
    By ImCrazyB in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-09-2005, 09:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •