Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 48

Thread: Not the first time this has been brought up......EJ Gordon for Granger (link)

  1. #1
    Member rousea24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Morristown, IN
    Age
    34
    Posts
    95

    Default Not the first time this has been brought up......EJ Gordon for Granger (link)

    http://www.news-herald.com/articles/...txt?viewmode=2

    NBA: Bob Finnan's three points and rumor mill
    Published: Saturday, May 19, 2012

    -- There was some talk about Hornets shooting guard Eric Gordon getting a max offer this summer, possibly from Indiana. That might be far-fetched because he's had issues with his knees for two consecutive years. Don't rule out a possible sign-and-trade, however, with Gordon going to the Pacers and forward Danny Granger going to New Orleans. Both teams are under the cap this summer. In that scenario, the Pacers could move Paul George to small forward, which might be his natural position.

    -- The Dallas Mavericks signed Coach Rick Carlisle to a four-year extension. They are expected to come after Nets point guard Deron Williams in free agency. According to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, the most the Mavs can offer Williams is a four-year, $81 million contract. The Nets can offer him a five-year, $109 million deal.

    -- Lakers center Andrew Bynum has lost $460,000 in fines and salary from suspensions this season, according to the Los Angeles Times. His recent infraction was being fined $15,000 by the NBA for blowing off an interview session.
    "In 49 states it's just basketball ... but this is Indiana."

  2. #2

    Default Re: Not the first time this has been brought up......EJ Gordon for Granger (link)

    If Gordon could stay healthy, I would not be against this. He's a pretty efficient scorer, and he would definitely boost the popularity of the team.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pace Maker For This Useful Post:


  4. #3

    Default Re: Not the first time this has been brought up......EJ Gordon for Granger (link)

    There is no way Bird would make this deal, especially if we are talking max for EJ. Danny is the captain of the team.

  5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DieHard For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    3,375

    Default Re: Not the first time this has been brought up......EJ Gordon for Granger (link)

    Why are we still talking about this? Granger is not going anywhere....especially now given how well we're doing in the playoffs.

  7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:


  8. #5

    Default Re: Not the first time this has been brought up......EJ Gordon for Granger (link)

    Gordon needs to go a season without getting seriously hurt before I'd offer him the max.

  9. #6
    PROUD 2 B A PACERS FAN! xtacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    TURKEY
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,747

    Default Re: Not the first time this has been brought up......EJ Gordon for Granger (link)

    Quote Originally Posted by iogyhufi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gordon needs to go a season without getting seriously hurt before I'd offer him the max.
    that wouldn't be enough for me. giving him the max is a bad idea.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xtacy For This Useful Post:


  11. #7

    Default

    Seriously, get this weak **** out of here. The Indiana Pacers are 2 wins away from the Eastern Conference Finals and Eric Gordon is not a ****ing Pacer.

  12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Eddie Gill For This Useful Post:


  13. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,024

    Default Re: Not the first time this has been brought up......EJ Gordon for Granger (link)

    He needs to go a season without a serious injury to offer anything over $5 million, or a couple bench players in a sign-and-trade.

  14. #9
    On the Vogel Wagon gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,921
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Not the first time this has been brought up......EJ Gordon for Granger (link)

    He's not a max player even when healthy. I wouldn't even consider him until he's gone a season without any major injuries. Beyond that, I am just not sure we need him. All these media types apparently don't know that Mr. Simon doesn't put in offers on the restricted free agents of other teams. Much ado about nothing.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

    Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

  15. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Age
    23
    Posts
    520

    Default Re: Not the first time this has been brought up......EJ Gordon for Granger (link)

    Who cares about Eric Gordon right now?!!?? I want to win game 4!!!!

  16. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,654

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Not the first time this has been brought up......EJ Gordon for Granger (link)

    This crap was probably floated by the Heat. Can't seem to get it done between the lines, so the next best thing is to try to cause problems for the opponent between their ears.

  17. #12
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Not the first time this has been brought up......EJ Gordon for Granger (link)

    No.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  18. #13
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,957

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Not the first time this has been brought up......EJ Gordon for Granger (link)

    I'd rather not trade for an injury prone undersized 2, Wade and LeBron aren't going away anytime soon.

  19. #14

    Default Re: Not the first time this has been brought up......EJ Gordon for Granger (link)

    People need to stop overreacting to the Pacers being close to the ECF and realize that to win a title against an elite and healthy team, we need a lot better than Granger as a #1 scorer. He was bad against Orlando, he's been even worse against Miami. This team is winning because of team defense and an inside game, not because Granger is shooting 35% and allowing guys to drive by him. Eric Gordon is simply a better basketball player than Granger and gives this team something it's lacked since Reggie, a legitimate go-to guy.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:


  21. #15
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,343

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Not the first time this has been brought up......EJ Gordon for Granger (link)

    Some random dude from a Cleveland newspaper I've never heard of said it.

    I'm convinced.

  22. #16
    On the Vogel Wagon gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,921
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Not the first time this has been brought up......EJ Gordon for Granger (link)

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eric Gordon is simply a better basketball player than Granger and gives this team something it's lacked since Reggie, a legitimate go-to guy.
    So...you're saying Gordon looks better in a suit than Granger? 'Cause so far that's what Eric's career has looked like more often than not. You can have all the talent in the world but it's impossible to be a go-to guy from the bench.

    Granger hasn't been good but an undersized, often injured 2-guard is not the answer.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

    Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

  23. #17
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,343

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Not the first time this has been brought up......EJ Gordon for Granger (link)

    Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Granger hasn't been good but an undersized, often injured 2-guard is not the answer.
    Nash is though. Just sayin.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  25. #18
    Member PacersRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    BTown
    Posts
    663

    Default Re: Not the first time this has been brought up......EJ Gordon for Granger (link)

    Of course getting a player that can put up points is good, but we need Hansbrough and Amundson to step up, or trade them for an upgrade. I feel pretty comfortable with our players except for those two.

  26. #19
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Not the first time this has been brought up......EJ Gordon for Granger (link)

    Sure Amundson and Hansbrough don't look that great against the Heat but how many times do the Pacers see them during the season? Every little weakness in a team gets exposed against elite competition in the playoffs.

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:


  28. #20

    Default Re: Not the first time this has been brought up......EJ Gordon for Granger (link)

    Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So...you're saying Gordon looks better in a suit than Granger? 'Cause so far that's what Eric's career has looked like more often than not. You can have all the talent in the world but it's impossible to be a go-to guy from the bench.

    Granger hasn't been good but an undersized, often injured 2-guard is not the answer.
    Writing a player with this much talent off at the age of 23 because of a few injuries, many of which he could have played through but was told to sit out by the Hornets staff, is about the dumbest thing you can do. Gordon's years 2 and 3 weren't much different than Granger's years 4 and 5 in terms of games missed. Pacers won't win a title without somebody who can consistantly put the ball in the basket.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:

    RWB

  30. #21

    Default Re: Not the first time this has been brought up......EJ Gordon for Granger (link)

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Writing a player with this much talent off at the age of 23 because of a few injuries, many of which he could have played through but was told to sit out by the Hornets staff, is about the dumbest thing you can do. Gordon's years 2 and 3 weren't much different than Granger's years 4 and 5 in terms of games missed. Pacers won't win a title without somebody who can consistantly put the ball in the basket.
    So your theory for changing this team is to replace a guy who put up huge numbers on a terrible team with no injury concerns with a guy who put up huge numbers on a terrible team with some pretty serious injury concerns...

  31. #22

    Default Re: Not the first time this has been brought up......EJ Gordon for Granger (link)

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People need to stop overreacting to the Pacers being close to the ECF and realize that to win a title against an elite and healthy team, we need a lot better than Granger as a #1 scorer. He was bad against Orlando, he's been even worse against Miami. This team is winning because of team defense and an inside game, not because Granger is shooting 35% and allowing guys to drive by him. Eric Gordon is simply a better basketball player than Granger and gives this team something it's lacked since Reggie, a legitimate go-to guy.
    You're very predictable.

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:


  33. #23

    Default Re: Not the first time this has been brought up......EJ Gordon for Granger (link)

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Writing a player with this much talent off at the age of 23 because of a few injuries, many of which he could have played through but was told to sit out by the Hornets staff, is about the dumbest thing you can do.
    No, writing a guy with a well-documented list of injuries a big check is the dumbest thing you can do (aside from discussing it during the freaking playoffs, of course).

  34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eddie Gill For This Useful Post:


  35. #24
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Not the first time this has been brought up......EJ Gordon for Granger (link)

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sure Amundson and Hansbrough don't look that great against the Heat but how many times do the Pacers see them during the season? Every little weakness in a team gets exposed against elite competition in the playoffs.
    The elite competition is what I'm concerned with beating. We need a better 3rd big than either of those two.

  36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  37. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The elite competition is what I'm concerned with beating. We need a better 3rd big than either of those two.
    Hopefully a training camp and summer league will help psycho t get it together but you are right...

Similar Threads

  1. Granger and Tyler Hansbrough for Eric Gordon and Okafor
    By aaronb in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-08-2012, 05:05 PM
  2. Time to trade Granger
    By Pacergeek in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 240
    Last Post: 03-10-2011, 05:27 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-26-2010, 10:57 AM
  4. Detroit Pistons' Ben Gordon game-time decision vs. Chicago Bulls [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-02-2009, 02:10 PM
  5. Kaman, Davis link up, sink Gordon-less Pistons [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-28-2009, 12:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •