Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 42

Thread: Barkley: The Pacers will make it to the Finals

  1. #1
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,605

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Barkley: The Pacers will make it to the Finals

    Charles Barkley continues to show the Pacers some love. He's given them props all year long. It's gotta be because of his love of Dream Team teammates Larry Bird and Reggie Miller but I'm sure the Pacers current play has a lot to do with it.

    Here's the link to the interview where he tears apart the Heat and praises the Pacers:

    http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7946144&s=espn

    The Pacers have been getting more and more credit for their play.

    Mike Wilbon, another analyst that gave the Pacers their props before this series started, had very good things to say about the Pacers too:

    http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7946199&s=espn

    Luc Richard Mbah a Moute praises the Pacers for their great defense and picks them to beat the Heat during today's NBA Today podcast. "From playing them during the season I know they are a good team". He doesn't pick them to beat the Celts, though.

    http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7946480&s=espn


    It's like many of us have been saying all season - the Pacers would not get any credit for being a good team until the win during the playoffs. If and when the Pacers close out the series and advance to the ECF, most of the media will probably still pick the Celts over the Pacers. However, they will be finally be respected and that respect will have been earned!

  2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Dood. Ownagedood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Franklin
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,623

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Barkley: The Pacers will make it to the Finals

    Now that we are 2-1 with Miami I agree.. Neither Boston or Philly stand a chance against us.. Miami was the only team left that had a shot at us.. But unfortunately the Spurs and the Thunder could both beat us.

  4. #3
    billbradley
    Guest

    Default Re: Barkley: The Pacers will make it to the Finals

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Charles Barkley continues to show the Pacers some love. He's given them props all year long. It's gotta be because of his love of Dream Team teammates Larry Bird and Reggie Miller but I'm sure the Pacers current play has a lot to do with it.
    He knows if he would of chosen the Pacers (second on his list) in free agency instead of the Rockets he would have a ring.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to billbradley For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,371

    Default Re: Barkley: The Pacers will make it to the Finals

    Does this mean Dwyane Wade is no longer in Charles' Fave Five?

  7. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  8. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,099

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Barkley: The Pacers will make it to the Finals

    Quote Originally Posted by Ownagedood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now that we are 2-1 with Miami I agree.. Neither Boston or Philly stand a chance against us.. Miami was the only team left that had a shot at us.. But unfortunately the Spurs and the Thunder could both beat us.
    I wouldn't count the Celtics out. I think the Pacers have the advantage because they have home court, but it's a coin flip series to me.

  9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:


  10. #6

    Default Re: Barkley: The Pacers will make it to the Finals

    The Celts aren't the same team the Pacers whipped on early in the season. Once they got their "S" together they beat the Pacers pretty soundly. I still think the Pacers can beat them and if they make it to the finals I feel pretty confident against any team except the Spurs.

  11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:


  12. #7
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,816

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Barkley: The Pacers will make it to the Finals

    Can't look past the Heat. Yeah we won big last night, but we got a lot of work to do to close this series out.

  13. The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  14. #8
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,939

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Barkley: The Pacers will make it to the Finals

    Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wouldn't count the Celtics out. I think the Pacers have the advantage because they have home court, but it's a coin flip series to me.
    This. The Celtics definitely have the experience factor over us, and they are a great defensive team. Rondo always seems to give us trouble, as do Pierce, and Ray Allen. It'd be a difficult match-up for sure. ESPECIALLY following the high of beating the Miami Heat.

    But before we ever get there, we still have two more games to win against Miami. This series is FAR from over.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  16. #9
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Barkley: The Pacers will make it to the Finals

    if we lose the next game, we are the underdogs again. pointless to dream about the Finals right now.

  17. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  18. #10
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,605

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Barkley: The Pacers will make it to the Finals

    The Celts are really tough because of Rondo. If they decide to put Paul on him and slide Hill over to Allen, they'd probably have much better success than they had the last 2 games against them.

    David Thorpe spent a lot of time breaking down how Paul George give DWade a ton of problems in the NBA Today podcast referenced above. If you don't listen to the NBA Today podcast, you're missing a lot of great basketball analysis.

  19. #11
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Barkley: The Pacers will make it to the Finals

    I think I love the idea that Pat Riley hasn't done enough to build a team around Bosh, Wade, and LeBron.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  20. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Franklin
    Posts
    415
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Barkley: The Pacers will make it to the Finals

    Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Celts aren't the same team the Pacers whipped on early in the season. Once they got their "S" together they beat the Pacers pretty soundly. I still think the Pacers can beat them and if they make it to the finals I feel pretty confident against any team except the Spurs.
    ^^^^ It will not be a gimme series, but I think the Pacers can wear them out physically and take the series in 5-6. The Spurs and Thunder are the two most formidable left. I think we can stand toe to toe with OKC, but I worry about the Spurs. They are on fire and play very good team ball.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Jessen For This Useful Post:

    J7F

  22. #13
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,605

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Barkley: The Pacers will make it to the Finals

    The Celts are really tough because of Rondo. If they decide to put Paul on him and slide Hill over to Allen, they'd probably have much better success than they had the last 2 games against them.

    David Thorpe spent a lot of time breaking down how Paul George give DWade a ton of problems in the NBA Today podcast referenced above. If you don't listen to the NBA Today podcast, you're missing a lot of great basketball analysis.

  23. #14

    Default Re: Barkley: The Pacers will make it to the Finals

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't look past the Heat. Yeah we won big last night, but we got a lot of work to do to close this series out.
    Well the players can't, but I can =P
    My attitude, musings or actions have 0 effect on how the team plays.

  24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:


  25. #15

    Default Re: Barkley: The Pacers will make it to the Finals

    Before the series even started, Charles Barkley did a radio interview with Dan Lebatard on Miami radio.

    Lebatard was arguing that the Heat would roll, since they would have the 3 best players: Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. Charles insisted that Lebatard was overrating Bosh, and that the Pacers had several players as good as Bosh, mentioning specifically Hibbert, Granger, and Paul George.

    Lebatard just railed on him, pulling up Paul George's modest stats, but Chuck held firm and said "you just haven't seen it yet, he is about to break out and 5 years from now people will wonder if crazy people compared Paul George the all-star to someone named Chis Bosh."

    The interview didn't go much further since Lebatard was so insistent that Chuck was an idiot.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  27. #16

    Default Re: Barkley: The Pacers will make it to the Finals

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't look past the Heat. Yeah we won big last night, but we got a lot of work to do to close this series out.

    Yeah.... all this Pacers love is making me really nervous. Yeah, we won that 2nd half pretty good last night, but is it really so obvious the Pacers are the better team? Miami took it to us pretty good in the second half of game 1. If we lose our next game, suddenly we are doubtful to make it out of the 2nd round! I think people are making wayyyyy too much of the win last night. It wasn't a wall-to-wall domination. Philly is still alive in their series even after Boston beat them soundly in game 3, right? Why does everyone think that the Heat are done?

    I'm very nervous.

  28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to binarysolo For This Useful Post:


  29. #17
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,605

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Barkley: The Pacers will make it to the Finals

    You make really good points. The main reason I and several in the media are starting to shift is because Wade might be hurt.

    Before hearing about the possible knee soreness/leg injury, I still thought the Pacers were going to lose in 7 games. I don't think Haslem, Battier, and James Jones will continue to be terrible the rest of the series but if DWade is hampered, Paul George will continue to shut him down on the defensive end (he wasn't shooting lights out even in games 1 & 2).

  30. #18
    Pacers Fan For Life J7F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Seymour, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,050

    Default Re: Barkley: The Pacers will make it to the Finals

    I called Pacers in 6 and I am standing firm with that...

    I agree with several earlier posters... A series against San An is the only matchup that you will see me predict a Pacers loss in... OKC is a really tough team, but they are even younger than we are and I can see them falling apart at some point (more likely against the Spurs next round)...

    I could definitely be wrong, but I see the Celtics wearing down rather quick against us... Too old! But the Boston Big 4 knows this is there last shot together... That knowledge alone could put a little bit more power in their Hoverounds...
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

  31. #19
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,485

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Boston is too old like the spurs are too old... That's incredibly wishful thinking.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  33. #20
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Barkley: The Pacers will make it to the Finals

    I don't ever agree with him, except for right now. I also think that if we make it to the ECF that DWill might give us a gooooooood look this summer.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  34. #21
    Pacers Fan For Life J7F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Seymour, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,050

    Default Re: Barkley: The Pacers will make it to the Finals

    A locker room Depends dispensing machine is the only similarity between Boston and San Antonio...

    San An is much deeper than Boston... San An's old farts were much better rested all season compared to Boston... I also feel the collective BBall IQ is much higher for the Spurs than the Celtics... Boston is also a lot more predisposed to mental breakdowns than the cool and collected Spurs... Rondo is a major liability in that department...
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

  35. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Franklin
    Posts
    415
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Barkley: The Pacers will make it to the Finals

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't ever agree with him, except for right now. I also think that if we make it to the ECF that DWill might give us a gooooooood look this summer.
    Do we need him?

  36. #23
    Pacers Fan For Life J7F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Seymour, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,050

    Default Re: Barkley: The Pacers will make it to the Finals

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do we need him?
    Definitely couldn't hurt!
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

  37. #24
    Born ready? TheDavisBrothers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Davenport, IA
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Barkley: The Pacers will make it to the Finals

    Quote Originally Posted by J7F View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Definitely couldn't hurt!
    Actually it could... Don't get me wrong, if we have the chance to land Deron I still think we should take it, but it doesn't mean I think we will 100% get better. If we are forced to lose 1 of or big 4 or don't have a deep team because of Deron's contract, or Deron just declines we could be a worse off team...

  38. #25

    Default Re: Barkley: The Pacers will make it to the Finals

    Well it looks like the entire nation is pulling for the pacers.... so says a poll on ESPN right now. 75% of 30000 people say they are rooting for the Pacers. Even the state of Florida is neutral on the subject.
    Last edited by rock747; 05-18-2012 at 06:06 PM.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  39. The Following User Says Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. 2010 NBA Finals: Boston police prep for crowds amid NBA Finals [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-15-2010, 07:40 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-04-2009, 11:30 AM
  3. Would Charles Barkley make a good NBA head coach?
    By Twes in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-22-2008, 04:29 AM
  4. Chowder vs. salad? Governors make finals bet [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-06-2008, 01:40 AM
  5. Who thought the Heat would make the Finals?
    By Young in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-06-2006, 07:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •