Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 53

Thread: Wah-wah-wah ....... Lebron is whining

  1. #1

    Default Wah-wah-wah ....... Lebron is whining

    Didn't see this anywhere else, so ...... enjoy:

    http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2012...is-bosh-taxing

    LeBron James is getting a firsthand look at just how hard it is for the Miami Heat to replace Chris Bosh.

    Playing extended minutes at power forward with Bosh sidelined by an abdominal strain took its toll on the league MVP in Tuesday's 78-75 loss to the Indiana Pacers.

    "It's a lot more taxing being in there with bigger guys," James said, according to the Miami Herald.

    He said that defense "is the biggest difference. When you're on the perimeter, there's more space. The interior is more cramped and physical."

    The stats say that the Heat lost the interior battle as Indiana tied the second-round playoff series 1-1. The Pacers outrebounded the Heat 50-40 after Miami took that stat 45-38 in Game 1.

    Points in the paint were even at 38 in Game 2, but many of Miami's interior points came from drives by James and Dwyane Wade. The Heat dominated that stat in Game 1, 52-40. Bosh had 13 points and five rebounds in only 16 minutes before going down.

    While James scored 28 points and Wade added 24 Tuesday, no other Heat player scored more than five points. Big men Ronny Turiaf, Joel Anthony and Udonis Haslem combined for seven points and 12 rebounds. Pacers forward David West had 16 points and 10 rebounds, while center Roy Hibbert had eight points and 11 rebounds.

    Bosh also missed nine games during the regular season, and the Heat went 4-5. With Bosh on the court, Miami has the third top-scoring frontcourt in the league. Not only did he average 18 points and 7.9 rebounds per game, he also was the Heat's most clutch fourth-quarter shooter.

    Since Bosh has been ruled out indefinitely, the Heat will have to make adjustments for Thursday's Game 3 and beyond. James has acknowledged it's going to be tough, "but I'm ready for the challenge," he said, according to the Herald.

    Saying that he has played more different positions this season than he ever did in Cleveland, James also said that there are advantages to playing power forward.

    "I can get more rebounds and start the break," he said, according to the Herald. The box score reveals, though, that the Pacers had 13 fast-break points to six for the Heat Tuesday.

    Bosh's absence not only means more physical play for James, it also means that he's getting less rest. He has played 43 of 48 minutes in both games of the series. It could be argued that fatigue contributed to James missing two free throws with the Heat down one and 54 seconds left Tuesday.

    "Forty minutes in the playoffs is different than 40 minutes in the regular season," James said, according to the newspaper. "Intensity is raised. The grind is much more intense. Hopefully, I can get a few minutes here and there."

    Heat coach Erik Spoelstra doesn't know how much he can do about it.

    "There's nothing we can do [about rest for James] in the fourth quarter," Spoelstra said, according to the Herald.

    "Forty-minutes-plus is probably what he can expect."
    It's a lot more taxing being in there with the bigger guys ?? Really ?? I guess he has 40+minutes of 'taxation' to look forward to.

    David, Roy - all you 'bigger guys' - wear him OUT.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,527
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Wah-wah-wah ....... Lebron is whining

    Poor Bron Bron. Don't worry LeBrick you still have a dancing career to fall back on, if this BBall thing is to hard.

    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,953

    Default Re: Wah-wah-wah ....... Lebron is whining

    Maybe he should stick to point guard if he doesn't want to play against big players in the series.

  6. #4

    Default Re: Wah-wah-wah ....... Lebron is whining

    Why would he say this? What does he have to gain by saying he's getting tired from guarding our big men? Only negative results for himself can come from this.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,527
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Wah-wah-wah ....... Lebron is whining

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would he say this? What does he have to gain by saying he's getting tired from guarding our big men? Only negative results for himself can come from this.
    I seriously think the guy is dense, basketball savant, but dumb as a bag of hammers. He always says the wrong thing, he puts his foot in his mouth about every time he opens it. He seems to have no common sense.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:


  10. #6

    Default Re: Wah-wah-wah ....... Lebron is whining

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I seriously think the guy is dense, basketball savant, but dumb as a bag of hammers. He always says the wrong thing, he puts his foot in his mouth about every time he opens it. He seems to have no common sense.
    I don't think he's dumb.

    I think he's entitled and always has excuses. And maybe a little narcissistic.

    "If we lose it's because we don't have Bosh and I'm playing out of position. Also, the reason I didn't save the day wasn't because I choked, per usual, in the playoffs..but because I'm tired and it's too taxing for me and my 300 pound self to be defended by huge men like Danny Granger."

  11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  12. #7

    Default Re: Wah-wah-wah ....... Lebron is whining

    I don't think he's complaining, and I 100% agree with what he's saying. I'll even go as far as saying the #1 reason we won yesterday is because the physical toll of having to guard David West wore LeBron out, which made him less effective in the second half.

    David West is a load, and anyone that's guarded a stronger person in the post for an extended time can attest to what LeBron is saying.

  13. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  14. #8
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Wah-wah-wah ....... Lebron is whining

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think he's complaining, and I 100% agree with what he's saying. I'll even go as far as saying the #1 reason we won yesterday is because the physical toll of having to guard David West wore LeBron out, which made him less effective in the second half.

    David West is a load, and anyone that's guarded a stronger person in the post for an extended time can attest to what LeBron is saying.
    Agree completely. But why would you say that in public? It's like throwing chum in the water.

    West is gonna smell blood the moment the teams tip off.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  15. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  16. #9
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,703

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Wah-wah-wah ....... Lebron is whining

    Even if he didn't say anything....I don't need him to say anything to know that he's not used to banging around in the paint against bigger Players for extended periods of time and that he's going to likely get worn down because of it over the course of 40+ minutes.

    I really don't know what is wrong with what he said.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  17. #10
    STRAIGHT UP pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,011
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Wah-wah-wah ....... Lebron is whining

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even if he didn't say anything....I don't need him to say anything to know that he's not used to banging around in the paint against bigger Players for extended periods of time and that he's going to likely get worn down because of it over the course of 40+ minutes.

    I really don't know what is wrong with what he said.
    Here's what's wrong with what he said - he's complaining about the minutes he's playing, and trying to get himself a few more minutes of rest by talking to the media.

    LeBron, it's the playoffs and you are supposed to be the Hercules of the NBA. You should be willing and able to play 60 minutes a game because (along with help from the media) you have made your persona into an untouchable, unstoppable, never tiring monster.

    Man up.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

    @The_Real_CJake

  18. #11

    Default Re: Wah-wah-wah ....... Lebron is whining

    Last edited by PaceBalls; 05-17-2012 at 12:28 AM.

  19. #12

    Default Re: Wah-wah-wah ....... Lebron is whining

    Seriously? Basically he's saying playing against bigger people and so many minutes is starting to take a toll on his body. There is absolutely nothing wrong with what he said. He NEEDS a bit more rest, this guy literally does everything for the team, on both offense and defense. Game 2 he definitely looked gassed in stretches of the 3rd quarter.

    If one of our guys said this, nobody would consider it even close to whining or crying.

  20. #13

    Default Re: Wah-wah-wah ....... Lebron is whining

    Quote Originally Posted by Pace Maker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seriously? Basically he's saying playing against bigger people and so many minutes is starting to take a toll on his body. There is absolutely nothing wrong with what he said. He NEEDS a bit more rest, this guy literally does everything for the team, on both offense and defense. Game 2 he definitely looked gassed in stretches of the 3rd quarter.

    If one of our guys said this, nobody would consider it even close to whining or crying.
    The problem is it's not true.

    Lebron James didn't play in the paint most of the night. And he was defended by Paul George and Danny Granger the majority of the night. Two guys he is bigger then.

    And if he was defended by West, he should eat him alive.

    Does he need more rest? Probably. But that's because his coach is too stupid to give him a break in the second half, not because he's playing the 4.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  22. #14
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,462

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Wah-wah-wah ....... Lebron is whining

    It is amazing to me how easy he makes himself to dislike. If he had even 20% of Kobe's desire to win, he would be a one man wrecking machine.

  23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  24. #15
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,861

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Wah-wah-wah ....... Lebron is whining

    This is what happens when you for a Big 3.

  25. #16

    Default Re: Wah-wah-wah ....... Lebron is whining

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The problem is it's not true.

    Lebron James didn't play in the paint most of the night. And he was defended by Paul George and Danny Granger the majority of the night. Two guys he is bigger then.

    And if he was defended by West, he should eat him alive.

    Does he need more rest? Probably. But that's because his coach is too stupid to give him a break in the second half, not because he's playing the 4.
    Yeah but fronting David West in the low post as effectively as he did is bound to take a toll on anyone, even Lebron James. Both these guys are freaking huge lol

  26. #17

    Default Re: Wah-wah-wah ....... Lebron is whining

    The same "desire the win" that helped the Lakers so much in Game 2?

  27. #18

    Default Re: Wah-wah-wah ....... Lebron is whining

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is amazing to me how easy he makes himself to dislike. If he had even 20% of Kobe's desire to win, he would be a one man wrecking machine.
    I never would have guessed that there would be a time when Kobe Bryant was the more likeable of the two. And honestly, I think Kobe wins in a landslide.

  28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  29. #19
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,045

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Wah-wah-wah ....... Lebron is whining

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll even go as far as saying the #1 reason we won yesterday is because the physical toll of having to guard David West wore LeBron out, which made him less effective in the second half.

    David West is a load, and anyone that's guarded a stronger person in the post for an extended time can attest to what LeBron is saying.
    That's true. And it's a compliment to our team and David himself.

    I'd like to add one more reason, though. He has played all 48 minutes of the second halves in both game 1 and game 2. If this continue then the Heat can pretty much forget about him closing up games for them. It's going to be almost physically impossible.

  30. #20

    Default Re: Wah-wah-wah ....... Lebron is whining

    This is ridiculous. In no way is it whining. It's completely innocuous basketball talk and I bet I can find nearly similar quotes about the intensity of playoff basketball from any player in the league. I'm sure it is taxing, he's playing four positions against a team that's good at all those positions.

    You hate LeBron for other reasons, fine. But this is nothing.

  31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:


  32. #21

    Default Re: Wah-wah-wah ....... Lebron is whining

    Lebron's missteps almost seem like childish immature mistakes. He tries to be a good guy but just keeps messing it up. He is a follower and will never be a leader.

    Wade just seems like an outright douche. He doesn't care about other people and will go out of his way to hurt/speak badly about them. He drags Lebron into all this as well.

    I by no means like Lebron, but I like him better of the two.

  33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacerfan For This Useful Post:


  34. #22

    Default Re: Wah-wah-wah ....... Lebron is whining

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agree completely. But why would you say that in public? It's like throwing chum in the water.

    West is gonna smell blood the moment the teams tip off.

    I'm sure David knows he can wear a smaller player down in the post. He did it in game 2, so chum's already in the water. You know when you're wearing out your opponent.

    Sookie, it doesn't matter who's guarding James; it's who James is guarding that matters. If you're spending 50% of your court time putting all of your weight into the player you're guarding (West), you're going to expend about 300-400% (or more) more energy than if you're guarding a stationery player (Granger) and playing free safety.

    Getting rest helps, but putting James on Granger would have a much more significant impact. It's a really stupid move by Spoelstra to put James on West. There's less than a handful of guys in the NBA that are worse for James to guard than West.

  35. #23

    Default Re: Wah-wah-wah ....... Lebron is whining

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sure David knows he can wear a smaller player down in the post. He did it in game 2, so chum's already in the water. You know when you're wearing out your opponent.

    Sookie, it doesn't matter who's guarding James; it's who James is guarding that matters. If you're spending 50% of your court time putting all of your weight into the player you're guarding (West), you're going to expend about 300-400% (or more) more energy than if you're guarding a stationery player (Granger) and playing free safety.

    Getting rest helps, but putting James on Granger would have a much more significant impact. It's a really stupid move by Spoelstra to put James on West. There's less than a handful of guys in the NBA that are worse for James to guard than West.
    Nonono...Wade does that.

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to iogyhufi For This Useful Post:


  37. #24

    Default Re: Wah-wah-wah ....... Lebron is whining

    LeBron isn't even that much smaller than David West. According to nba.com's stats he's an inch shorter, but 10 pounds heavier.

  38. #25
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Wah-wah-wah ....... Lebron is whining

    He's just saying it's harder to play vs. big men, but he's embracing it, and there are even some advantages.
    Is that called whining?

    As a side note, I'm a bit amazed he has any energy left by the end of games. He is clearly his team's best rebounder, scorer, creator and defender, he plays the most minutes.
    How much energy do you have to spend to achieve that on a team with D-Wade?
    And now he's asked to handle big men. I don't care how much talent he has, he must be running on fumes at the end.

  39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Haywood to LeBron: Stop whining and play ball [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-28-2008, 09:10 PM
  2. So um, Jack isn't whining about being on the Bench
    By Destined4Greatness in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-01-2006, 02:15 AM
  3. NBA GMs whining about Peja deal
    By jjbjjbjjb in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-27-2006, 08:38 AM
  4. Whining
    By Kraft in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-16-2006, 10:23 PM
  5. Zo is Whining Again
    By Jesus Shuttlesworth in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-23-2005, 10:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •