Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Two Ways To Get Second Round Playoff Tickets

Default Two Ways To Get Second Round Playoff Tickets

It is an exciting time to be a Pacers fan. Several of you have reached out to me directly about Playoff tickets, so I thought I would post a note here to explain the options.

There are two ways to get playoff tickets for the Second Round:
    1) Register before noon tomorrow, May 10, for the Single Game Playoff Ticket Opportunity. By registering, you'll have priority access to tickets. If tickets are available, then you'll get preferred pricing over the General Public. Sign up by clicking here.

2) Place a deposit on a 2012-13 season ticket plan to guarantee Playoff tickets through the NBA Finals. Call (317) 917-2827 or visit PacersMVP.com.

Season Tickets Holders that are looking for additional tickets can either participate in the single-game presale available now (your password was emailed to you directly) or call (317) 917-2525 about purchasing a playoff strip.

Go Pacers.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RobfromPacers For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Two Ways To Get Second Round Playoff Tickets

If we signed up for the playoff ticket opportunity for the first round, we don't have to sign up again for the second round, correct?

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by RobfromPacers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is an exciting time to be a Pacers fan. Several of you have reached out to me directly about Playoff tickets, so I thought I would post a note here to explain the options.

There are two ways to get playoff tickets for the Second Round:
    1) Register before noon tomorrow, May 10, for the Single Game Playoff Ticket Opportunity. By registering, you'll have priority access to tickets. If tickets are available, then you'll get preferred pricing over the General Public. Sign up by clicking here.

2) Place a deposit on a 2012-13 season ticket plan to guarantee Playoff tickets through the NBA Finals. Call (317) 917-2827 or visit PacersMVP.com.

Season Tickets Holders that are looking for additional tickets can either participate in the single-game presale available now (your password was emailed to you directly) or call (317) 917-2525 about purchasing a playoff strip.

Go Pacers.
    Thanks Rob, do you know if the priority is based off of when you signed up? As in...if a person signed up in the Playoff Ticket Option prior to the 1st round...do they get higher than someone that signed up just 2 days ago?

I signed up 2 days ago...and my brother just signed up this afternoon. Is there a way to get 2 tickets and seats next to each other?

For those that did this in the 1st round....were you able to print up your ticket beforehand?
    Last edited by CableKC; 05-10-2012 at 12:07 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Thanks Rob, do you know if the priority is based off of when you signed up? As in...if a person signed up in the Playoff Ticket Option prior to the 1st round...do they get higher than someone that signed up just 2 days ago?

I signed up 2 days ago...and my brother just signed up this afternoon. Is there a way to get 2 tickets and seats next to each other?

For those that did this in the 1st round....were you able to print up your ticket beforehand?
    1. I signed up for Round 1 presale access, and when I tried to sign up Tuesday night for round 2, it kept bombing out and saying "Please do not duplicate value in field: "Email", which made me think I was already signed up. However, I double checked today and it accepted my address...so, who knows.

2. Cable, I did this in round one, my tickets were available to print basically as soon as the dates were official.

3. You'll be able to buy I THINK up to 8 tickets, meaning you and your brother could get seats next to each other.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    1. I signed up for Round 1 presale access, and when I tried to sign up Tuesday night for round 2, it kept bombing out and saying "Please do not duplicate value in field: "Email", which made me think I was already signed up. However, I double checked today and it accepted my address...so, who knows.

2. Cable, I did this in round one, my tickets were available to print basically as soon as the dates were official.

3. You'll be able to buy I THINK up to 8 tickets, meaning you and your brother could get seats next to each other.
    Thanks Derek2k3. I would be flying in the day of the game...so I won't be able to pick up anything at Will Call or anything...or can't mail it...so printing would be the best.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    I'm having the same problem, but it hasn't let me continue. I'm really hoping that we don't need to sign up, or Rob checks the thread again before noon tomorrow.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Cable, I could help you out if you need a will call pickup or a local mailing address, or even access to a printer while you are mid-flight.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Cable, I could help you out if you need a will call pickup or a local mailing address, or even access to a printer while you are mid-flight.
    Thanks.....my guess is that I should be able to print out the tickets beforehand...but if anything comes up...I will let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by ASkin_ANight View Post
    If we signed up for the playoff ticket opportunity for the first round, we don't have to sign up again for the second round, correct?
    You are correct. If you signed up for the First Round, your information is included for subsequent rounds.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to coop-a-loop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    I'm having the same problem, but it hasn't let me continue. I'm really hoping that we don't need to sign up, or Rob checks the thread again before noon tomorrow.
    The reason you received that error is because you already signed up. My guess is you signed up prior to the First Round deadline. Email me at rlaycock at pacers dot com and I'll confirm if you're in the registration list.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I checked the site earlier today and thought no one responded because the thread wasn't near the top when actually it was a sticky thread. Sorry for leaving you hanging.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to RobfromPacers For This Useful Post:

The priority level is the same as long as you signed up. The time/date you signed up doesn't play a factor as long as you signed up before the deadline.

Sitting next to each other is dependent on the price points you select when ordering. The Ticketmaster system doesn't provide an interactive seat map during high traffic times like pre-sales and on-sales, so it is unlikely you'll be able to pinpoint it.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to RobfromPacers For This Useful Post:

I don't remember this approach in past years. I apprciate trying to tie playoff tickets to a season ticket plan for next season - that makes sense. I also wonder if this approach is also an effort at trying to keep Heat fans away.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I also wonder if this approach is also an effort at trying to keep Heat fans away.
    I believe this was mentioned on one of the talk shows as a possibility. Good thought...
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I don't remember this approach in past years. I apprciate trying to tie playoff tickets to a season ticket plan for next season - that makes sense. I also wonder if this approach is also an effort at trying to keep Heat fans away.
    We have done pre-general public online sales for Playoff tickets since at least the 2005-06 season. As more and more fans purchased online, we evolved the process to where it is right now. A main priority is to get as many Pacers fans with tickets. By doing that online with unique passwords, we're able to have a process that helps reach that purpose.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RobfromPacers For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Thanks Rob...any word on when the schedule for Game 3 and 4 along with times will be announced?

I am likely coming to Indy to see the games...but I can't book flights from the SF Bay Area until I know the date and times of the game .

Thanks Rob...any word on when the schedule for Game 3 and 4 along with times will be announced?

I am likely coming to Indy to see the games...but I can't book flights from the SF Bay Area until I know the date and times of the game .
    I wish I knew. Obviously, we'll let fans know immediately after it is confirmed.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to RobfromPacers For This Useful Post:

Announcing here first - Game 2 in Miami is Tuesday at 7pm on TNT. No word on any remaining games yet.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RobfromPacers For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RobfromPacers View Post
    We have done pre-general public online sales for Playoff tickets since at least the 2005-06 season. As more and more fans purchased online, we evolved the process to where it is right now. A main priority is to get as many Pacers fans with tickets. By doing that online with unique passwords, we're able to have a process that helps reach that purpose.
    The Heat attempted your tricks as well but I was still able to obtain tickets to games 1 and 2 and will be disrupting any white out they attempt.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:

Mood

Just got my email a little while ago. Passwords are supposed to be sent out before noon tomorrow.
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

Got the email too. How much are tickets going to be? I'm requesting 4 for each game.
    Here we come lottery?

Mood

Not sure, but someone who bought them for the 1st round could probably tell you.
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

Sports Logo

I got my email...but didn't get selected :

Thank you for registering for the opportunity to purchase 2012 Pacers Playoff tickets. Because the number of Playoff ticket registrants exceeded the available ticket inventory for the Second Round, a random drawing was conducted to determine those who have the opportunity to purchase Second Round tickets for games to be played at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
    Although you were not selected in the initial drawing, you will still have an opportunity to purchase up to four tickets for each of the three possible Second Round games based on availability.
    Your access to purchase Second Round tickets will begin on Friday, May 11, at 3:00 pm ET.
    You will receive another email on Friday, May 11, before 3:00 pm that includes purchase instructions as well as a special password that will allow access to this presale
    Did anyone get selected for the initial drawing?
    Last edited by CableKC; 05-10-2012 at 11:50 PM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, my email says I was selected and will have access at 12 Noon tomorrow.

I didn't wake up in time. The Heat presale wasn't so early. :'( I hope there are some decent tickets available when I can order.

Sports Logo

Does anyone know the pricing structure for the seats?

I recall seeing some pricing for the seats for the Playoffs and only recall that the most expensive tickets were $275 for center court tickets in for the best seats.....but I don't know if the ticket prices were for the 1st round and if the prices will go up in round 2 or not.