Thread: Artest.....is bonkers....

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Artest.....is bonkers....

http://newsok.com/metta-world-peace-...rticle/3675797
    by: Berry Trammel

Thunder archenemy Metta World Peace is a fan of Thunder coach Scott Brooks. So much so, said the player formerly known as Ron Artest, that he politicked for Brooks to take over the Sacramento Kings in 2007.Thunder archenemy Metta World Peace is a fan of Thunder coach Scott Brooks. So much so, said the player formerly known as Ron Artest, that he politicked for Brooks to take over the Sacramento Kings in 2007.

Article Gallery: Metta World Peace is a fan of OKC Thunder coach Scott Brooks
    NEWSOK RELATED ARTICLES
    OKC Thunder: Derek Fisher wasn't sending any messages to the Lakers' bench
    05/15/2012 Thunder reserve point guard Derek Fisher on Monday night for the first time played a playoff game against the Los Angeles Lakers, the team for which he...
    OKC Thunder notebook: Kendrick Perkins is a game-time decision
    05/15/2012 Thunder center Kendrick Perkins, who aggravated a right hip muscle strain early in the third quarter of Game 1 on Monday night, once again will be a...
    Russell Westbrook shows his softer side
    05/15/2012 OKC Thunder: Point guard's outfit after Game 1 showed that he's not Sergeant Stoic all the time. There's a little bit of Urkel in Westbrook, too.
    OKC Thunder fans follow The Beard
    05/15/2012 Billy Janssen's James Harden-like beard causes fans to do a double-take at Chesapeake Energy Arena. But Harden's game on the court is what attracted Janssen.
    Thunder-Lakers: Five ways the L.A. Lakers could attack the Thunder in Game 2
    05/15/2012 CAN THE LAKERS GUARD THE THUNDER? — The question that hung heavy in the air Monday during a postgame press conference is the most compelling question...
    TNT's Lakers-Thunder telecast breaks Thunder ratings record with 27.1 rating
    05/15/2012 Previous record was 27.0 for Game 4 of 2011 Western Conference finals
    World Peace played for, and Brooks was an assistant coach for, the 2006-07 Kings. And World Peace said Brooks was a factor in the Thunder's Game 1 rout of the Lakers on Monday night in the Western Conference semifinals.
    “I played for Scotty Brooks,” World Peace said. “A lot of people don't understand, when you play against a team, you're also playing against a coach.
    “When Scotty Brooks was in Sacramento and the coach (Eric Musselman) got fired, I asked the general manager to hire Scotty Brooks as the head coach, because I knew what type of coach he was.”
    World Peace, who has a history of good defense against Thunder star Kevin Durant, said Durant's 25 points on 8-of-16 shooting was more than just a good game from Durant.
    “Durant has a great gameplan over there on the offensive end,” World Peace said. “And his teammates are setting great screens. They're doing a really great job as a team. That's why I'm not as concerned with the numbers he's getting. It's more about what the team is doing.”
    Game 1 was World Peace's second game since serving a seven-game suspension for elbowing the Thunder's James Harden in the head. The Oklahoma City crowd heartily booed World Peace throughout the night, but he had good things to say about the Thunder faithful.
    “Great fans, because they support their team,” World Peace said. “They took in a team that needed shelter (the Hornets, six seasons ago). So no matter what, you can always say great things about these fans.”

However, World Peace was not so coherent on all subjects.
    On his hot start, with two baskets in the first 2 minutes: “I didn't realize Oklahoma had so many fine women. I felt really comfortable. I hit my first two shots, it was mainly because of how beautiful the women were.”

On the Lakers trying to recover from the Game 1 blowout: “It's the same thing like a man has five wives. He's been divorced once and he got married again. You've got to move on. He didn't want to get divorced, she didn't want to get divorced. But hey, she said, ‘OK honey, I want half.' She said that. You know she said that.

“It's a metaphor. The name of my podcast is mettaphorically speaking.

“She got married again, he got married again. Moved on and it's a new life. That's how the game is. It is a fun game. At the same time, still a lot of passion involved. She will love her husband. We will love the game, too. Have fun, play with passion and it's a whole new day.”
    On how the Lakers can better guard the Thunder: “I can't tell you. I will not tell you. I will tell you. You want me to tell you? You've got good mind control. You got in my head.”

Last edited by Major Cold; 05-16-2012 at 09:16 AM. Reason: posted article

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Artest.....is bonkers....

haha

This must be a bad dream.
    Mood

Sports Logo

Typical scatterbrained Artest...connecting too many dots all at the same time.

It's amazing actually that he has enough mental acuity to even be a pro athlete.

This is magnificent. Why don't other NBA players answer the absurd questions asked like this?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyrion For This Useful Post:

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

Lmao...