Thread: AZC: Phoenix school balks over having to face girl in Arizona title game

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default AZC: Phoenix school balks over having to face girl in Arizona title game

Hicks, if this is too political I apologize and I will delete the thread, but geeze, what year is it again?

Phoenix school balks over having to face girl in Arizona title game

All second baseman Paige Sultzbach wanted to do was play in her school's state championship baseball game tonight.

But because she is a girl, that won't happen.

Sultzbach is a freshman at Mesa Preparatory Academy, which had been scheduled to play Our Lady of Sorrows Academy in tonight's Arizona Charter Athletic Association state championship at Phoenix College.

But Our Lady of Sorrows, a fundamentalist Catholic school in Phoenix that lost twice to Mesa Prep during the regular season, chose to forfeit the championship game rather than play a team fielding a female player.

Our Lady of Sorrows school officials would not comment, but Sultzbach's mother, Pamela Sultzbach, said her daughter and the rest of the team received the news after Wednesday afternoon's practice.

Default Re: AZC: Phoenix school balks over having to face girl in Arizona title game

More like Our Lady of Yellow-Striped Chickens if you ask me.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We discussed this in my current events class at school. The school said that they wouldn't play because it violates their school's (a catholic one) mission of separating males and females in education and especially physical education and sports. I hate to say this, but they did what they needed to according to their school mission. I dont condone their mission, though.

Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Attending the University of Louisville in August!
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

Default Re: AZC: Phoenix school balks over having to face girl in Arizona title game

For the record, they arent a Catholic school. I do think they were a break off of the Catholic church yrs ago, but i may be wrong.

The wreater who wouldnt have his match at least had his contact w a girl excuse, as weak as that was. What is the excuse this time. Didnt wanna lose a thirs time? Better to quit then ever try to win