Thread: Sports radio this week in Washington D.C.

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Sports radio this week in Washington D.C.

I am currently in Washington, D.C. and I always listen to sports radio any where I go. I thought I would pass along what I am hearing. This says nothing about Luck or RGIII. I am only a messenger of what is being said. The town is absolutely giddy about RGIII. He is the top sports celebrity in town without playing a single game (talk radio host's words, not mine). People come on the air and tell about being in a pub in Washington for the NFL draft and their were cheers hoots and yells and a standing ovation when the Colts took Luck. The people here had been sold on RGIII. A talk show host also said he had a good source who said the trade with the Rams would have been off if Indy had taken RGIII and that was the terms of that trade. The Rams had similar offers for the pick from other teams who probably would have stepped in. The thinking here is that Luck would not have been a good fit for the Redskins and Shanahan but RGIII was custom made for this team. Shanahan already announced this week that RGIII is the starting QB for the skins this year.

I am sure there is lots of enthusiasm for Luck in Indy but does it match what I am describing? Will RGIII pull a Cam Newton and make the pro bowl this year? People here think he will do exactly that. It is also suggested that Shanahan's future is tied to RGIII doing well........

Default Re: Sports radio this week in Washington D.C.

The Rams-Redskins trade was official in the middle of March, well before the draft and well before the Colts announced their decision to take Andrew Luck.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Of course Washington is going to have more buzz about RG3 than Indy will with Luck. Indy has had the best qb in the game for the past how many years. Washington hasn't had a good qb since... well its been awhile.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Not to mention Indianapolis has some other sports stuff to talk about right now instead of the Colts who don't kick off preseason until August.....
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Good for the Redskins?
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Helmet For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course Washington is going to have more buzz about RG3 than Indy will with Luck. Indy has had the best qb in the game for the past how many years. Washington hasn't had a good qb since... well its been awhile.
    Pretty much exactly what I was gonna say. We have a recent history of greatness, especially from the Quarterback position. Of course our city isn't going to be as giddy about Luck coming in. They expect him to come in and fill the shoes Peyton left. It's human nature. Washington hasn't had a good Quarterback since before I started Kindergarten. So of course they're going to be jumping for joy at the thought of having a guy like RG3 on their team.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

I can tell you 100% that it is crap that the trade would have been off if the Colts took RG3.

Not sure what idiot said that (was it the Lavar and Duke show) but they are 100,000% wrong.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    Will RGIII pull a Cam Newton and make the pro bowl this year? People here think he will do exactly that. It is also suggested that Shanahan's future is tied to RGIII doing well........
    What Pro Bowl?
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

I am still in the Washington area and I have heard this several times. It appears that Washington had two teams (I have heard Cleveland and Miami mentioned) who were willing to take the pick from Washington with very little lost if Luck were to be the pick. The fact is, Washington had no interest in Andrew Luck. RGIII was there man......

No offense, but I know for a fact that is wrong.

Yes, Washington was 99.9% sure the Colts were going to take Luck and pretty much expected to get RG3.

In related news, I went fishing last night and expected the water to be wet.

There will be no future pro bowl games, however [supposedly] players will still be able to be voted in.

None of this matters, its all noise, both QB's will be great IMO and will have a lot of [unfair] pressure as both teams have a lot of work to do in building around these young men

I am still in the Washington area and I have heard this several times. It appears that Washington had two teams (I have heard Cleveland and Miami mentioned) who were willing to take the pick from Washington with very little lost if Luck were to be the pick. The fact is, Washington had no interest in Andrew Luck. RGIII was there man......
    Do you get paid $250k a year to drive around the country, listen to sports talk radio, and troll Internet forums?

Are you seriously going to argue that RGIII is a better QB because one of the most miserable franchises in all of sports that wouldn't know good QB if it slapped them in the face is happy to have him?

removed

Banned
    Mood

Just reporting what was said and not expressing any opinion at all. The Redskins are a proud franchise with a rich history although not under this owner, of course. I guess it was too much to expect that a hick who supports IU would understand any of that. I'll try to write at a fifth grade level for you next time and perhaps you will get it. Did any of the IU players attend any classes last year? It seems to me that you have all you can handle trying to support that stinking program......

Just reporting what was said and not expressing any opinion at all. The Redskins are a proud franchise with a rich history although not under this owner, of course. I guess it was too much to expect that a hick who supports IU would understand any of that. I'll try to write at a fifth grade level for you next time and perhaps you will get it. Did any of the IU players attend any classes last year? It seems to me that you have all you can handle trying to support that stinking program......
    Ok, this is blatant trolling...IU has nothing to do with the subject.

Banned
    Mood

I was making that comment to the IU fan who called me an idiot and various other names.... What I said about IU was true for several years whether you or he like it or not.... I am not trolling. He was the troll, for saying what he did when all I did was report what was being said with no opinion either way.... It doesn't make any difference to folks like him or even you. You will cry "troll" whenever some says something you don't like.......

I was making that comment to the IU fan who called me an idiot and various other names.... What I said about IU was true for several years whether you or he like it or not.... I am not trolling. He was the troll, for saying what he did when all I did was report what was being said with no opinion either way.... It doesn't make any difference to folks like him or even you. You will cry "troll" whenever some says something you don't like.......
    Really? Because I would call what both of you are doing as trolling...you for general name calling...if you are as old as you claim you should probably be more mature than that...

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

I didn't call anyone a name that I can recall and if I did, I apologize....... I will react when I get torched by someone for no reason. You scream troll everytime I take a shot at a team and school I hate in IU. You scream troll whenever I suggest that Luck won't be the second coming of Peyton Manning.... Sorry, you don't agree with me but that does not make me a troll. I never call you a troll when you disagree with something I say.....