Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 89

Thread: Joseph Addai signs with Patriots

  1. #51
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,278
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Joseph Addai signs with Patriots

    Sucks for Joe but not surprising. After his rookie year, he regressed. He went from my favorite player to just an afterthought.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  2. #52
    Member Swingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: Joseph Addai signs with Patriots

    Too bad for Addai.

    By the way Olblu, tell us again how well Addai is going to block for Brady? Apparently the Pats don't even think he's that great at this point in his career or at least not worth the injury risk.

    Looking like there is less and less support for thinking the Colts made a bad move by dropping him.
    Last edited by Swingman; 07-25-2012 at 07:52 PM.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Swingman For This Useful Post:


  4. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Joseph Addai signs with Patriots

    Quote Originally Posted by CompACE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not

    He didn't pass his physical. I stand by what I said if he was healthy. He is a great blocking back....... ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.

  5. #54
    The Pac-Attack CompACE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    387
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Joseph Addai signs with Patriots

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He didn't pass his physical. I stand by what I said if he was healthy. He is a great blocking back....... ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.
    Yeah IF he was healthy, but he's not, unfortunately. I like a healthy Addai as much as the next guy ('07 Addai was a beast), but because he failed his physical for the Patriots, I have a hard time believing he'd be "worth his salary as protection for Luck" if he's sitting on the sidelines nursing an injury.

  6. #55
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,640

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Joseph Addai signs with Patriots

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He didn't pass his physical. I stand by what I said if he was healthy. He is a great blocking back....... ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.
    Have you considered that whatever red-flags arose in his physical were why Indy parted with him to begin with? You just won't give Indy any credit at all, will ya. We were stupid for letting him go, NE was geniuses for picking him up and when NE cut him a few months later, we get this.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  8. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Joseph Addai signs with Patriots

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have you considered that whatever red-flags arose in his physical were why Indy parted with him to begin with? You just won't give Indy any credit at all, will ya. We were stupid for letting him go, NE was geniuses for picking him up and when NE cut him a few months later, we get this.
    I don't know when he was injured but I will agree with you if the Colts knew he was injured. When did it occur? NE would have been sharp to pick up a healthy Addai but not if he was hurt. You are right, I give this version of the Colts no credit for anything but fielding a miserable football team.....

  9. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Joseph Addai signs with Patriots

    Quote Originally Posted by CompACE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah IF he was healthy, but he's not, unfortunately. I like a healthy Addai as much as the next guy ('07 Addai was a beast), but because he failed his physical for the Patriots, I have a hard time believing he'd be "worth his salary as protection for Luck" if he's sitting on the sidelines nursing an injury.
    I agree with you and I have said elsewhere that I was not sure he was worth the money to play on a bad team but Luck would benefit from his blocking. You can't block if you are injured. I wonder when that happened? I haven't seen any specifics......

  10. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Joseph Addai signs with Patriots

    Quote Originally Posted by CompACE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah IF he was healthy, but he's not, unfortunately. I like a healthy Addai as much as the next guy ('07 Addai was a beast), but because he failed his physical for the Patriots, I have a hard time believing he'd be "worth his salary as protection for Luck" if he's sitting on the sidelines nursing an injury.
    I am a big fan of Addai and his ability to block but apparently he was unimpressive in the Patriots camp. Perhaps that was caused by whatever is ailing him. In fairness, here is an article that discusses that and the fact that he may wind up in Denver. http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nfl

  11. #59
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,262

    Default Re: Joseph Addai signs with Patriots

    He was injured most of the last several seasons.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  12. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Joseph Addai signs with Patriots

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was injured most of the last several seasons.
    Yes, he was and that may be one of the reasons the Colts let him go but I suspect it was mostly to put money in Irsay's pocket.....

  13. #61
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Joseph Addai signs with Patriots

    I personally am happy for him. On any other team than the Colts I think he could have been a beast. But the Colts just didn't have a good run-blocking O-line.

  14. #62

    Default Re: Joseph Addai signs with Patriots

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, he was and that may be one of the reasons the Colts let him go but I suspect it was mostly to put money in Irsay's pocket.....
    Those 2 reasons don't have to be mutually exclusive. I think if he was still healthy and played well, we wouldn't have cut him.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:


  16. #63
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,022

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Joseph Addai signs with Patriots

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He didn't pass his physical. I stand by what I said if he was healthy. He is a great blocking back....... ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.
    Well if he was healthy and could play like he used to then the Colts probably wouldn't have released him in the first place.


    EDIT: Suave beat me to it.

  17. #64
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,022

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Joseph Addai signs with Patriots

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, he was and that may be one of the reasons the Colts let him go but I suspect it was mostly to put money in Irsay's pocket.....
    We cut an old mediocre running pack so Irsay could put money in his pocket?

    The Patriots, who you yourself have given credit to on this forum multiple times for running a good team, just cut this guy too. He's not good anymore. He used to be several years ago, but several years is a lifetime ago in the career of a running back.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  19. #65
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,640

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Joseph Addai signs with Patriots

    Just the first of many servings of crow for OlBlu.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  21. #66

    Default Re: Joseph Addai signs with Patriots

    League source tells me veteran back Joseph Addai was struggling during his conditioning test and just quit. Did him in.

    https://twitter.com/Mary_Paoletti
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  22. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Joseph Addai signs with Patriots

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We cut an old mediocre running pack so Irsay could put money in his pocket?

    The Patriots, who you yourself have given credit to on this forum multiple times for running a good team, just cut this guy too. He's not good anymore. He used to be several years ago, but several years is a lifetime ago in the career of a running back.
    Apparently you are correct..... ...

  23. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Joseph Addai signs with Patriots

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just the first of many servings of crow for OlBlu.
    And I will acknowledge them and eat crow whenever I am wrong (it doesn't happen that often). ...

  24. #69
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,302
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Joseph Addai signs with Patriots

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just the first of many servings of crow for OlBlu.

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  26. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Joseph Addai signs with Patriots

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well if he was healthy and could play like he used to then the Colts probably wouldn't have released him in the first place.


    EDIT: Suave beat me to it.
    Answering you both, I think they cut him anyway to get rid of salary........ ...

  27. #71
    Member Swingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: Joseph Addai signs with Patriots

    So even though you admit there is likely valid reasons for getting rid of Addai, you still think it was to put money in Irsay's pocket?

    I think your agenda is showing.

  28. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Joseph Addai signs with Patriots

    Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So even though you admit there is likely valid reasons for getting rid of Addai, you still think it was to put money in Irsay's pocket?

    I think your agenda is showing.
    Not at all. But I do not trust Irsay about anything. I never thought Addai would be back even if healthy. He was too big a ticket for Big Jim.... ..
    Last edited by OlBlu; 07-27-2012 at 12:29 PM.

  29. #73
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,640

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Joseph Addai signs with Patriots

    Yeah, Irsay has really been an awful owner since he moved here, you have total reason not to trust him. All the players hate playing for him, too. Good call.

    He's not his dad, dude.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  30. #74
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,302
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Joseph Addai signs with Patriots

    I wish I lived in a world where nothing ever changed...

  31. #75

    Default Re: Joseph Addai signs with Patriots

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not at all. But I do not trust Irsay about anything. I never thought Addai would be back even if healthy. He was too big a ticket for Big Jim.
    If he was a big ticket how much was he making then?

    So here is where I agree with you. I think Jim is in it for Jim but he also has to spend money and often he goes beyond what the league requires as the minimal salary for fielding a team. In fact if you want to look up the number Jim spends close to what the Patriots spend year in and year out over the last decade.

    So from actual numbers Addai was slotted to make somewhere between 3.75 and 4.3 mill. Is that a big ticket? IMO no, not for a primary back but you have to ask yourself is Addai a primary back anymore?

    Really Addai is a third down back now and so why pay him starter money when he hasn't stayed healthy for the last 2 years and hasn't produced very much at all outside of one skill set which most teams pay minimal dollar for.

    Mewelde Moore is in fact a fraction of the cost of Addai and a lot of these cuts in 2012 had to do with one stat IMO. Wins above replacement or WAR (yes I am stealing this from baseball).

    This is what good teams do. They replace the old guys that are no longer producing and are getting paid too much.

    This was the case made for cutting Addai, Brackett and Clark. So if I can replace Addai with Moore, Brackett with Angerer, Clark with Coby FLeener/Dwayne Allen at a fraction of the cost why not do it?

    To put the numbers in perspective Olblu thats taking roughly 18.5 for below average production for the last two years and paying 6 million for similar or better production.

    So IMO thats not being cheap thats just being smart and if you want validation for my point of view look at what the market value was for Dallas Clark, Addai, and Gary Brackett. Dallas got 2.7 million and 1 million guaranteed if he makes the week 1 roster. Addai is cut but they got him for 1.4 million. Gary is still not signed but I'll eat my shoe if he gets more than 2 million.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 07-27-2012 at 12:26 PM.

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. 1st-round pick Joseph to play for Canada (AP) [Y! Sports]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-10-2011, 01:10 PM
  2. Johnathan Joseph to Texans, Olsen to Carolina
    By Young in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-29-2011, 09:04 AM
  3. Good Joseph Addai IndyStar article
    By birdman in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-13-2006, 10:54 AM
  4. Joseph Addai Jersey Switch
    By rel in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-10-2006, 02:18 PM
  5. Colt's select Joseph Addai Rb LSU
    By McClintic Sphere in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-02-2006, 12:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •