Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 76 to 89 of 89

Thread: Joseph Addai signs with Patriots

  1. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Joseph Addai signs with Patriots

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he was a big ticket how much was he making then?

    So here is where I agree with you. I think Jim is in it for Jim but he also has to spend money and often he goes beyond what the league requires as the minimal salary for fielding a team. In fact if you want to look up the number Jim spends close to what the Patriots spend year in and year out over the last decade.

    So from actual numbers Addai was slotted to make somewhere between 3.75 and 4.3 mill. Is that a big ticket? IMO no, not for a primary back but you have to ask yourself is Addai a primary back anymore?

    Really Addai is a third down back now and so why pay him starter money when he hasn't stayed healthy for the last 2 years and hasn't produced very much at all outside of one skill set which most teams pay minimal dollar for.

    Mewelde Moore is in fact a fraction of the cost of Addai and a lot of these cuts in 2012 had to do with one stat IMO. Wins above replacement or WAR (yes I am stealing this from baseball).

    This is what good teams do. They replace the old guys that are no longer producing and are getting paid too much.

    This was the case made for cutting Addai, Brackett and Clark. So if I can replace Addai with Moore, Brackett with Angerer, Clark with Coby FLeener/Dwayne Allen at a fraction of the cost why not do it?

    To put the numbers in perspective Olblu thats taking roughly 18.5 for below average production for the last two years and paying 6 million for similar or better production.

    So IMO thats not being cheap thats just being smart and if you want validation for my point of view look at what the market value was for Dallas Clark, Addai, and Gary Brackett. Dallas got 2.7 million and 1 million guaranteed if he makes the week 1 roster. Addai is cut but they got him for 1.4 million. Gary is still not signed but I'll eat my shoe if he gets more than 2 million.
    Nice analysis and I agree with most of it......... But I doubt you get similar or better production. We will see what happens. I am expecting absolutely nothing and years of futility as Jim Irsay turns into his father..... ...

  2. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Joseph Addai signs with Patriots

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, Irsay has really been an awful owner since he moved here, you have total reason not to trust him. All the players hate playing for him, too. Good call.

    He's not his dad, dude.
    Actually, he is becoming his father. The only time this moved forward was when Jim hired Polian and got out of the way. I think he is being involved now and that is a recipe for disaster. I am not "dude" either...... ...

  3. #78
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,336

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Joseph Addai signs with Patriots

    Well once again, I disagree.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  4. #79

    Default Re: Joseph Addai signs with Patriots

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nice analysis and I agree with most of it......... But I doubt you get similar or better production. We will see what happens. I am expecting absolutely nothing and years of futility as Jim Irsay turns into his father..... ...
    Angerer already has similar production as a old broken down Brackett and Addai's production was so **** poor that Donald Brown gave the Colts better numbers.

    The real question is if the rookie TE's can match Clarks numbers but lets be honest that shouldn't be too hard considering his numbers the past two years.

  5. #80
    Member Swingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: Joseph Addai signs with Patriots

    Really think you'll be able to talk sense into him? he is probably still arguing that the world is flat and it's Irsay's fault.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Swingman For This Useful Post:


  7. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Joseph Addai signs with Patriots

    Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really think you'll be able to talk sense into him? he is probably still arguing that the world is flat and it's Irsay's fault.
    Can you talk sense into any of the people that think the Colts will be better this year than last? I saw one idiot thought they would 13-3 and several thought .500. Two wins + or - two...... And the longest injury list in the NFL.....

  8. #82
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,336

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Joseph Addai signs with Patriots

    Oh man, Blu, are you setting yourself up for one helluva crow-eating contest this winter.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  9. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Joseph Addai signs with Patriots

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh man, Blu, are you setting yourself up for one helluva crow-eating contest this winter.
    I doubt it. That means I am in there 0-4 wins and I doubt that they win four. I think many people are going to be surprised by how bad they really will be. As far as Luck in concerned, I remember when Jeff George came in with the same "can't miss" hype. He turned out to be a better than average QB for a number of teams for a number of years and he didn't join the Colts in full rebuild mode.... Peyton also joined a MUCH better Colts team than the one Luck come to.....

  10. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Joseph Addai signs with Patriots

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh man, Blu, are you setting yourself up for one helluva crow-eating contest this winter.
    And I hope you are right but I strongly doubt that you are.....

  11. #85
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,344

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Joseph Addai signs with Patriots

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Peyton also joined a MUCH better Colts team than the one Luck come to.....
    And yet Peyton went just 3-13 his rookie season. If Luck goes 3-13 then you'll be on here saying we're doomed for the next 5 years.

    What helped Peyton's Colts tremendously was the fact that we got Edge the season after Manning's rookie year. He was an instant stud. See, a lot of the players who will help Luck over his career aren't even on the roster right now. If we don't win a lot of games then that at least means we will have a high draft pick. Plus we have a ton of cap space next season.

  12. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Joseph Addai signs with Patriots

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And yet Peyton went just 3-13 his rookie season. If Luck goes 3-13 then you'll be on here saying we're doomed for the next 5 years.

    What helped Peyton's Colts tremendously was the fact that we got Edge the season after Manning's rookie year. He was an instant stud. See, a lot of the players who will help Luck over his career aren't even on the roster right now. If we don't win a lot of games then that at least means we will have a high draft pick. Plus we have a ton of cap space next season.
    We had someone with great knowledge making the decisions then. Yes, I think they will have problems for the next five years because they are way behind the Colts of Peyton's first year... Remember, draft picks, even first rounders, are 50/50 of making it in the League.....

  13. #87
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,344

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Joseph Addai signs with Patriots

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We had someone with great knowledge making the decisions then. Yes, I think they will have problems for the next five years because they are way behind the Colts of Peyton's first year... Remember, draft picks, even first rounders, are 50/50 of making it in the League.....

    Who did the Colts have on defense Manning's first year?

    In Manning's rookie season, there were just *two* players on the roster who would wind up being extremely important foundational pieces, Harrison and Glenn.

  14. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Joseph Addai signs with Patriots

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who did the Colts have on defense Manning's first year?

    In Manning's rookie season, there were just *two* players on the roster who would wind up being extremely important foundational pieces, Harrison and Glenn.
    Well, he had Faulk but they moved him the next year....... Pretty good offensive pieces for a rookie QB.....

  15. #89
    Member Swingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: Joseph Addai signs with Patriots

    revisionist history is grand. all it comes down to is he doesn't like Irsay getting rid of Manning and the boys so he's going to spin everything like the Colts are doomed and every decision is a bad one. If Colts picked RG3, then he'd probably be singing praises about how great Luck is and how we should have picked him.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Swingman For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. 1st-round pick Joseph to play for Canada (AP) [Y! Sports]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-10-2011, 01:10 PM
  2. Johnathan Joseph to Texans, Olsen to Carolina
    By Young in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-29-2011, 09:04 AM
  3. Good Joseph Addai IndyStar article
    By birdman in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-13-2006, 10:54 AM
  4. Joseph Addai Jersey Switch
    By rel in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-10-2006, 02:18 PM
  5. Colt's select Joseph Addai Rb LSU
    By McClintic Sphere in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-02-2006, 12:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •