Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Indiana Fever Thread

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2012 Indiana Fever Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep...this one is over. Minnesota is getting every board, every loose ball, and every break.
    We have to sit Davenport down and play Larkins until her freakin' limbs fall off to have a chance here.

But these players are tired. With a game this physical the team with the deeper bench has a distinct advantage.

Get well soon, Katie!
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    The Lynx are in total control now. I guess intimidating the officials pays off.
    Yep. And the "stick your elbow out" strategy Reeve demanded at halftime has paid dividends too. I guess she must have watched some tape of the 2009 Finals.

Annnnd there's the first ******** call.

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

Mood

Wow, Phillips. Ouch!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This is brutal.

Mood

Can't wait for a foul to be called, Catch.

I wish Game 3 was on Saturday because the Fever are TIRED and they are going to be playing 6.

I hate injuries. Absolute worst thing about sports. In my dream world, teams always get to battle at full strength.

Total collapse. Just throw this one away and take the next two.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Mood

Man, are they gassed. And Catch is pissed. I feel bad for her, she wants it so bad.

Man, Maya and Seimone are one heck of a two headed monster

Mood

Seriously, refs? So dumb.

Oh well. We got the split. Protect the ball, block out, and the series is ours.

Sports Logo

Unbelievable how the game changed after Reeve got that tech. To go up 2-0 in a best of 5 would have been huge... nevertheless, we can't dwell on it. We have much to learn from this game. We got punched in the mouth and didn't deliver any hits back. We failed to adapt to the physicality.

We need to dictate the game from the tip on Friday. And if we're down to 6, that crowd needs to be our 7th.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kuq_e_Zi91 For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

So ticked off we won't be able to make it tonight. Be loud and proud for us and we'll be there to pick it up on Sunday (hopefully for the Fever clincher).
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

I want this team to win it all in the worst way...but at some point you have to be realistic. The Fever are simply running out of players. I don't know how any team losing its second leading scorer and one of its top reserves can possibly take two more against a team that was already more talented to begin with.

The starters are going to have to play 35+ minutes for the Fever to have any chance at this rate, even at home. It sucks because the franchise has worked so hard to reach this point. Not that the Lynx haven't, but the Fever built their team from the ground up, unlike the New York's and Houston's and LA's of the world that were given championship rosters when the league first began. The Fever were one win away in 2009 but couldn't clinch at home and had to watch Phoenix win a second title. Will the same thing happen here? I don't know. I'm going to try not to be too upset if the Fever don't win it, but it won't be easy.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to LuckSwagger For This Useful Post:

Fever are about to make a ground breaking announcement. Streaming it live at 3 pm.
    http://www.wnba.com/fever/news/fever...nt_splash.html

A major, groundbreaking business announcement surrounding the Indiana Fever will be made at 3:00 p.m. in the Indiana University Health Entry Pavilion. The press conference will be streamed live right here on FeverBasketball.com.

New ownership group?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    New ownership group?
    Doubt that. Maybe they're selling sponsorship patches on their uniforms.

Don't they already do that?

Don't they already do that?
    Don't know. But it seems like a good day to add a new sponsor.

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    Don't know. But it seems like a good day to add a new sponsor.
    You were right. Finish Line will be marquee sponsor next year.

Mood

Things are getting a bit more testy...Dunn responds to Reeves' coat throwing gamesmanship with some of her own.

http://espn.go.com/wnba/story/_/id/8...actions-game-2

INDIANAPOLIS -- Indiana coach Lin Dunn criticized the coach of the Minnesota Lynx on Thursday, accusing her of a "lack of respect" for an outburst that seemed to spur the Lynx to a win in the WNBA Finals.

Dunn said she wasn't amused by Minnesota coach Cheryl Reeve's meltdown on Wednesday night. Ignited by Reeve's technical foul and subsequent jacket toss, Minnesota turned up the intensity in the second half to pull away for an 83-71 win in Game 2 to even the series at one game apiece. Game 3 is in Indianapolis on Friday.

Dunn said she thought Reeve should have been ejected because the wildest part of the tantrum came after the technical.

"I guess the thing that concerns me is that after she got her first technical, then she proceeded to take her jacket off, throw her jacket," Dunn said. "In my opinion, that should have been reason for a second technical and removal, and they (the officials) did not do that, and of course, she was able to incite the crowd.

"There's no doubt in my mind that her behavior after the first technical warranted ejection, and I was very disappointed that the officials allowed her to in some ways, you know, just kind of a lack of respect for the game and lack of respect for them. I was disappointed in the whole affair."

After Minnesota's Lindsay Whalen tied Wednesday's game at 48 with a reverse layup, Minnesota's Maya Moore picked up her third foul on the other end. After Whalen's layup was blocked by Briann January, Minnesota's frustrations came out.

Whalen was issued a technical foul for complaining about the no-call by official Michael Price, then Price gave Reeve one, too. Reeve took her suit coat off and threw it so hard that she hurt her right shoulder and said she needed to see a trainer after the game.

Reeve wasn't available to reporters in Indianapolis on Thursday. Minnesota's Taj McWilliams-Franklin said her coach knew what she was doing.

"She wanted to light a fire under us," she said. "She wanted to light a fire under the refs and everything else and the fans and energize us, which is what she did. She's very calculating in everything she does. You all think she's out of control but she's not, by far."

Indiana forward Tamika Catchings, who scored 27 points in Game 2, said Reeve's tactics worked.

"I think she was just trying to get her team fired up, and she did a good job in that moment," Catchings said. "It seemed like after that, they really picked it up as a team and all of them played a little more motivated, a lot more physical from that point on."
    Catchings said her team failed to realize the importance of what was happening and didn't respond well.

"For us, we have to use that as a learning curve, too," she said. "I should have pulled everybody over and said, 'Now, they're going to start going at us, they're going to start attacking us."

Dunn also took exception to Reeve's halftime speech, during which she directed her players to use their elbows in the second half.
    "When you go to the basket, I want an elbow out," Reeve said in a speech that was televised. "I want them to collapse their arms on you because you're sticking an elbow in their chest."

Dunn learned of the speech after the game and was shocked.

"I've never heard a coach say that publicly before -- lead with your elbow, they're not calling it."

Both January and Shavonte Zellous had concussions during a game at Minnesota late in the regular season. Now, Dunn wonders if there was intent behind the hits.

"I guess the thing that sticks in my mind now is I look back to those two concussions we had in the game up there that we played in the regular season, and it makes me think, hey, maybe that was attributed to that because that's how they teach their players to play, which I consider very dangerous and shouldn't be part of our game," she said.

Dunn said Minnesota's elbows and Reeve's outburst didn't cost Indiana Wednesday's game. The Fever were outrebounded 32-20, committed 24 turnovers and let Seimone Augustus score 23 of her 27 points in the second half.

"Just do your job, box out better, don't give so many second-chance points, take care of the basketball and you win the ballgame," Dunn said. "So that's what we're focusing on tomorrow night, is doing the little things like that better."

Indiana guard Katie Douglas isn't sure if she will play. The Fever's No. 2 scorer sprained her left ankle in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference finals and missed both Game 1 and Game 2 of the Finals. Douglas said she's dealing with pain and instability and doesn't know how effective she will be if she plays. Indiana reserve guard Jeanette Pohlen left Wednesday's game with an injured left knee. Dunn said she doesn't expect Pohlen to play Friday.

Minnesota is at full strength and feeling good after playing its style of game and winning Wednesday.

"I think for us, the vet team that we have, we can't dwell on anything," McWilliams-Franklin said. "It's about sharpening what we do well, which is what we did. We are a fast breaking team, set up second, and I think we pushed it at them. We were up and aggressive and doing the things that Minnesota Lynx always do."
    Last edited by gummy; 10-19-2012 at 03:26 PM.

I want the crowds at the Bank to be blood thirsty. I'll stack Indiana bball fans up against Minny bball fans any day and win every time.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Mood

Glad I got my Catchings jersey before we became the "Finish Lines". I'm not totally opposed to advertising on jerseys - was OK with the Boost Mobile thing. But I hate that it has to replace the team name/city/state. Blarg.

I want the crowds at the Bank to be blood thirsty.
    No worries about that......

ESPECIALLY since the previously ruled out Katie Douglas is warming up at the Fieldhouse......
    Last edited by Sandman21; 10-19-2012 at 04:04 PM.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    No worries about that......

ESPECIALLY since the previously ruled out Katie Douglas is warming up at the Fieldhouse......
    Really? Interesting. I wonder if she can really go, or if this is to fake-out Minny...how does she look?

Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    Glad I got my Catchings jersey before we became the "Finish Lines". I'm not totally opposed to advertising on jerseys - was OK with the Boost Mobile thing. But I hate that it has to replace the team name/city/state. Blarg.
    It's not the best thing to see on Jerseys, but it's a really great thing for the WNBA. I hope Katie can go, if she could give 10/15 minutes that would help keep Erin/January/and Zellous from being exhausted.