Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Indiana Fever Thread

Default Re: 2012 Indiana Fever Thread

I doubt it. But it's always dangerous to be playing against Sue in a close game. Shocked she missed that last shot.

At the very least, Seattle proved Minnesota is beatable. (not quite sure how they're beatable..but they are.)

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I can't believe how close that game was. Wow.

I expected LA to give MN a tough series before I saw how this series played out. Will be interesting to see if they look like their confidence has been shaken in Game 1 of the WCF.

Time to go looking for tickets!
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

"Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider

Sports Logo

Wow, I thought LJ had Sue open on that last play, especially since she was struggling and Sue was feeling it... damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuq_e_Zi91 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow, I thought LJ had Sue open on that last play, especially since she was struggling and Sue was feeling it... damn.
    I think the play was supposed to go to Sue, but the inbounder passed it to Lauren, and Lauren probably didn't know if she had enough time to give it to Sue. Lynx got lucky though.

Really fantastic series, I honestly expected Seattle to get pounded. LA has more talent than Seattle, but they aren't nearly as mentally tough, so I expect Minnesota will take it's second trip to the finals.
    Last edited by Sookie; 10-02-2012 at 10:57 PM.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

ESPN2 seems to be running the Connecticut Sun feed, anyone know where I can get a feed where they show the Fever some respect?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    ESPN2 seems to be running the Connecticut Sun feed, anyone know where I can get a feed where they show the Fever some respect?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2
    They are going to need to earn it with two wins in a row again.

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

"Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider

Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    They are going to need to earn it with two wins in a row again.
    my little birdie came back. be ready for 30+ maraca carrying crazies behind the Sun bench tonight muhahahahaha......
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

What a game! Loved the hustle by Bri at the end to keep the ball in play and get it to Zellous. She dove head first into the first row seats only weeks removed from a concussion.

Incredible effort by Larkins on Charles all night. She pushed her out of the paint and frustrated her all night.

The 1-2 punch with Douglas and Catch was deadly tonight, especially at the end when Douglas converted on those two key drives to the hoop.

And Zellous... man, that girl is too much fun. Quiet night, but the confidence never wavers. I'll never forget we got her for a 2nd round pick from Detroit.

Can't wait for Thursday!

That end was INSANITY. GW shot was almost directly in front of me.

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Mood

Confession: After the 13-2 start, I turned the game off and took a nap. I only got 3-4 hours of sleep last night and I just could not imagine spending the next couple of hours watching a beat down like that.

Imagine my surprise when I just checked the score. Wow! Watching the ESPN3 archive of the game right now.

Edit: I can hear the maracas on the broadcast. They must be really annoying if you're sitting right in front of them! haha.

I'll fully admit I paid no attention until the playoffs, but man, that ending was fun. When she blew the bunny off that sweet find from Catchings I thought the basketball gods were gonna end the season in OT.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

When Tina Charles hits a contested three to open the game, you know it's going to be a tough night.

It's felt like an uphill battle all through the playoffs, but the Fever simply refuse to go down.

Mood

At the end of the 3rd quarter now. I love Larkins' toughness! Undersized at center, but she never stops battling for rebounds and she's a physical defender.
    Last edited by gummy; 10-09-2012 at 12:24 AM.

woman without a team

Am I the only one watching the game? If you want a depressing update Katie twisted her ankle bad. They had to take her to the hospital because there's no xray machine at the CT arena. On the bright side we're up 19 at half.

Sports Logo

Yeah, it looked pretty bad. I've been impressed with how the team responded, but did anyone expect any less? This is not a team that folds under pressure. It starts with Catch and it's contagious. January had a bad first half, but she was resilient and had a stellar second half.

Hopefully we'll get Douglas back for Sunday's Game 1. Should be a good series against Minny.

I love this team. They come out swinging and when a key player goes down they just flat out whip the Sun on both ends of the floor. They may not win against the Lynx, but it's hard not to love the effort.

The Fever are just cursed at this stage when it comes to injuries, though. Catchings in Game 3 of the East finals in 2007, Catchings again in last year's East finals and now Douglas.

And now we can't even watch the Fever clinch it because of technical difficulties. Screw you, ESPN.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LuckSwagger For This Useful Post:

The Zellous buzzer beater in game 2 changed the course of this series.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Wow. Not sure how to feel. Great game, we just put it on them.

But Katie...can we win it all without Katie? My head says no, but I didn't expect this either. To have a fighting chance at least two out of three of the following will have to play the series of their lives: Zellous, January, and Phillips.

I don't think she'll be able to go Sunday. That ankle went all the way over.

They are going to have to lock her in her hotel room to keep her from going on Sunday.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    They are going to have to lock her in her hotel room to keep her from going on Sunday.
    Yeah, that may be true. But I remember last year when Tamika tried to play after tearing her plantar fascia. It wasn't good. It hurt the team, as much as I love the heart it took to gut through that pain. So I guess I am hoping that if she's less than 70% she doesn't push it. If everyone else steps up the way they did tonight they can give Minnesota a challenge.

And 2 hours after the Fever advance, the Tigers move on to the ALCS.

Road victories facing elimination are freaking awesome. I'm on freaking Cloud 9 right now.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to LuckSwagger For This Useful Post:

If it just a severe sprain she will probably try to go anything more than that is when it gets tricky. Severe sprain just keep the swelling down, keep it loose and manage the pain .

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

Hopefully it is not as bad as it looked. It doesn't bode well when they take her to the hospital to get more exams.

Wow, Congrats to the Fever. I really hope Catch finally gets a ring, but its going to be a struggle with Katie, nevermind without her.

That said, the fact that Larkins was limping bothers me more. She's been great (and a surprise) with rebounding, and the Fever will need that.

My suggestion would be for the Fever to play incredibly physical. Slow the game down, ugly it up..and beat up the Lynx players. (Okay, you can't beat up Rebecca Brunson, but Maya Moore and Augustine don't like the contact...and if they don't play well, the Fever have a chance.)

January also, likely needs to have the best three games of her life.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

I have to admit I about gave it up when Katie rolled her ankle. This time, though, the outside shooting came through and we lived by the jump shot.

It is hard for me to believe that a venue hosting professional sports of any kind nowadays doesn't have an x-ray machine.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post: