Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breaking: Police Respond To Junior Seau's Oceanside Home (COMFIRMED: RIP Seau)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Breaking: Police Respond To Junior Seau's Oceanside Home (COMFIRMED: RIP Seau)

Police Respond To Junior Seau's Oceanside Home

SAN DIEGO -- Oceanside Police have apparently responded to Junior Seau's home on South The Strand in Oceanside.

Oceanside Police confirmed that something is going on in the area but would not give details other than to say further information is coming.

A witness told 10News that police responded with a large presence at the location at about 10 a.m. and closed the roadway. The witness also told 10News that a gunshot was heard inside Seau's home. 10News has not confirmed reports of the gunshot but we are working to report the latest accurate details on 10News Midday at 11 a.m. and online.

More will be posted as it becomes available.

http://www.10news.com/news/30993007/detail.html
    Last edited by vapacersfan; 05-02-2012 at 02:41 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Breaking: Police Respond To Junior Seau's Oceanside Home (Rumor Seau is dead)

mo money mo problems. RIP if so..

Mood

Default Re: Breaking: Police Respond To Junior Seau's Oceanside Home (Rumor Seau is dead)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

"That shi cray."

No matter how bad it is.. It's never worth killing yourself.
    Last edited by Ownagedood; 05-02-2012 at 02:21 PM.

JUNIOR SEAU DEAD
    Cops Investigating Shooting

NFL legend Junior Seau was found dead in his home in Oceanside, CA ... and cops are investigating a shooting ... multiple law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

Cops are currently at Seau's home just outside San Diego. Seau was 43-years-old ... and leaves behind 3 kids and an ex-wife.

Seau was a beast in the NFL -- skyrocketing to fame thanks to his explosive play with the San Diego Chargers, Miami Dolphins and New England Patriots. The USC standout was selected in the first round of the NFL draft in 1990 and played in the league for 20 years.

Seau was involved in a car accident back in 2010 when he drove his SUV off a cliff in Carlsbad, CA hours after he was arrested for allegedly attacking his girlfriend. Seau later said he was not trying to kill himself ... insisting he had fallen asleep at the wheel.

TMZ

Mood

Seau is the 8th member of the '94 Chargers Super Bowl team to die. Dave Griggs died in a car wreck, Rodney Culver died in a plane crash, Doug Miller was struck by lightning, Curtis Whitely OD'd, Chris Mims died of an enlarged heart, Shawn Lee & Lew Bush had heart attacks and now Seau apparently killed himself.

Default Re: Breaking: Police Respond To Junior Seau's Oceanside Home (COMFIRMED: RIP Seau)

I was just about to post that.

I do not have a twitter, but there is speculation that he may have shot himself in the chest to preserve his brain for future study.

Not sure if I buy it, but regardless a really sad story.

RIP

Mood

Default Re: Breaking: Police Respond To Junior Seau's Oceanside Home (COMFIRMED: RIP Seau)

Concussion study would make sense...

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/oc...9c81a8258.html

Pro football great and Oceanside sports legend Junior Seau has apparently committed suicide, found by a housekeeper with a gunshot wound to the chest, according to multiple sources.

Yikes

This is JUST like the former player who shot himself in the chest so his brain could be preserved. I'm sorry, but NFL, are you listening yet? Helmets are too heavy and are not helping.

Irony is thick that this happened the same day that the Saints' players received their punishments. Disgusting how many of their teammates are sticking up for them

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is JUST like the former player who shot himself in the chest so his brain could be preserved. I'm sorry, but NFL, are you listening yet? Helmets are too heavy and are not helping.

Irony is thick that this happened the same day that the Saints' players received their punishments. Disgusting how many of their teammates are sticking up for them
    Duerson

14. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Yep, they talked about him at length in a documentary style piece on McMahon and the current brain issues he is having.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

Jr Seau asked in his suicide letter that his brain be researched to prevent tragic incidents from happening to NFL retirees

Simply, wow....
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Very sad day. Seau was a great player and great guy from what I know. Never would have suspected this.

I am literally getting choked up over this.

If football concussions really do contribute to incredibly sad situations like this one, we need to do EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to lessen the frequency and severity of concussions while preserving the essence of the great game we love, at the same time.

Some will say it means putting flags or skirts on people. That's crazy. Football can still be recognizable as football without people being so banged up in the head that they do this at age 43. Best helmets money can buy. Rules that are clear and consistently enforced. No more using the head as a battering ram.

So sad.

So devastating for the family and friends left behind.

So senseless.

Late in life, after my Mom had passed, my Dad (since also passed) re-married a sweet old lady who made him very happy in his later years. Her first husband had shot himself 30 years before, and her life was utterly devastated by it, forever, though when together with my Dad she was able to experience just a little bit of the happiness she though she would never have again. The whole family was messed up by that choice he made.

I hope Junior's family can some day move on.
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 05-02-2012 at 04:28 PM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Coupe View Post
    Jr Seau asked in his suicide letter that his brain be researched to prevent tragic incidents from happening to NFL retirees

DO you have a link for this? I knew it was true with the other case TJ talked about, havent heard anything about a note left for this case

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    DO you have a link for this? I knew it was true with the other case TJ talked about, havent heard anything about a note left for this case
    Was on the twitters.

Mood

I am really sad, I just came across a "Topps Legends" card I have of him (that I lost like 3 months ago) in my socks drawer today and saw that it said that he stays active in the community. I didn't think anything of it until I heard what happened today. Very ironic and chilling. Rest in peace to one of my favorite all time players, my absolute favorite as a little kid.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar

Damn. I really liked him as a player. One of the few Chargers I could stand.
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

From friends I have in San Diego, he is an icon. For perspective, he means to them what Reggie Miller would mean to a Pacers fan from Indianapolis.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post

There's people on this very board who argue against making ANY changes to the game that may infringe on its entertainment. I guess it makes you a "lowfat cream cheese eating hippie", or whatever that Fender idiot was trying to insult me with, if you try to argue just how detrimental repeated head injuries can be to a player's physical and mental health. There needs to be some MAJOR changes to the game of football. Entertainment is not worth the lives of other human beings.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haywoode Workman For This Useful Post:

Given his concussion history and his duration of time spent in the NFL, this is not a shocking story but is very sad nonetheless. He was a hell of a player.

Wonder how much steroid use factors into this as well. If at all

Crazy how he seemed so old, but how young he really is.