Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 149

Thread: new server

  1. #101
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: new server

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So... When is tapatalk coming back online?
    Already done.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  3. #102
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: new server

    Quote Originally Posted by focused444 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hicks, in case you missed it, in post 67 in this thread I requested the black PD theme & some other people also wanted it. Also, and this could be my phone's browser (safari), but in the mobile view there is no thanks button, & no posts are thanked...
    I'll review which templates are requested later on when I have time to actually work on them. But yes I did see that earlier.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  5. #103
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    8,814
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: new server

    Hicks thanks so much for all your hard work. You are a pro and deserve a beer at the next game, just wish I had money to drive 2 hours to the game, $50 for a ticket, $6 for parking, at least $25 for food, and the $8 for a beer.

  6. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: new server

    I can't post from my iphone for some reason.

  7. #105
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: new server

    More details might be helpful.

    I can see the board from my iPhone and iPad with no issues?

  8. #106
    Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Posts
    832

    Default Re: new server

    Also the ability to "preview your post" before posting is missing. That was useful when posting videos or pictures to make sure they posted correctly before making it available to everybody.

  9. #107
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: new server

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sleeze View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also the ability to "preview your post" before posting is missing. That was useful when posting videos or pictures to make sure they posted correctly before making it available to everybody.
    It's still there; it's just not part of 'Quick Reply'. If you need to preview it first, you need to click 'Go Advanced', which brings up the page with more posting options, including the ability to preview your post.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  11. #108
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,536

    Default Re: new server

    Visual Basics ? What version?
    Sittin on top of the world!

  12. #109
    Member Mr.ThunderMakeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    1,088

    Default Re: new server

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FYI, it works for me when I go to "www.pacersdigest.com" but if I go to "pacersdigest.com" it brings up a different site. Only in Chrome though, IE automatically add's in the "www."

    The site is "Able-Towers"

    Hmmmm....coincidence?
    I'm still getting re-directed to Able-Towers as well. Come on man, I'm too LAZY to have to type out "www." every time.

    Seriously though, there is a lot of nit-picking here Hicks, thanks for being so tolerant and accomodating. I probably would have told people to stop their &^&#%ing several pages ago.

  13. #110
    Bleeding Blue and Gold RichardHawes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Illinois but my heart resides in Indiana.
    Age
    29
    Posts
    229

    Default Re: new server

    man thank god I saw this on Hicks twitter...I was freaking out lol

  14. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: new server

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    More details might be helpful.

    I can see the board from my iPhone and iPad with no issues?

    The problem that I have from my iphone is that if I wanted to reply to this post it would not let me do it, I click on the reply icon and doesn't do anything, the same thing happens when I click on the reply to thread box.

  15. #112
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: new server

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Visual Basics ? What version?
    What?

  16. #113
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: new server

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The problem that I have from my iphone is that if I wanted to reply to this post it would not let me do it, I click on the reply icon and doesn't do anything, the same thing happens when I click on the reply to thread box.
    At first glance, I'm not sure what to suggest other than to make multiple attempts to click the appropriate button; I'm not aware of any reason it should not work, as it does for me. Which iPhone do you have? Do you use Safari, or another browser?

  17. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: new server

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At first glance, I'm not sure what to suggest other than to make multiple attempts to click the appropriate button; I'm not aware of any reason it should not work, as it does for me. Which iPhone do you have? Do you use Safari, or another browser?
    I have an iphone4 and I use safari.

  18. #115
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: new server

    Same here.

    Are you here using pacersdigest.com , or pacersfans.com ?

  19. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: new server

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Same here.

    Are you here using pacersdigest.com , or pacersfans.com ?
    It looks like Is working now since I was able reply to you while using my iPhone

  20. #117
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,622

    Default Re: new server

    For those of you commenting on the www part of the domain, it is an old standard, even mentioned in several books, that the "root" web account remains restricted to the host.

    I think i am in dire need of all the advertising i can get so i will leave it like that for now
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  21. #118
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,613

    Default Re: new server

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By the way, notice when you click to reply to somebody, the quick reply loads right in place; you don't have to leave the page or even scroll to the bottom of the page if you don't want to. I really like that.

    Woah, as I was typing that, I got a little popup saying my post was auto saved. It does that now? LOL I'm a little out of touch myself; when I was first learning about version 4, I don't think that feature existed. That'll help people out big time with their big essay-sized posts.
    grumble

    Hardy har har

    (there was more but I accidentally deleted on purpose)

  22. #119
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Greenfield, IN
    Posts
    3,220
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: new server

    Thanks for the great work once again, Able!
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Attending the University of Louisville in August!
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  23. #120
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,613

    Default Re: new server

    Okay, after a router and modem reboot and a cache clear I give up, I can't make my desktop wired computer go to Digest correctly. If I do the explicit IP or PacersFans.com then I get to the page...kinda. It's a jumbled version of VBulletin and none of the links work. And www.pacersdigest.com takes me to Nowhere, Home of the Zorc Tribe

    So Pacers forum gives me a Not Found (requested URL/forumdisplay.php not found
    It's pointing to Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.4-2ubuntu5.23 with Suhosin-Patch Server at www.pacersdigest.com Port 80


    My wireless laptop is going through the same router, but I browsed to the moved PD before getting back home which somehow has forced something to point to things correctly. Not sure what to do to make the desktop catchup.

  24. #121
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: new server

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It looks like Is working now since I was able reply to you while using my iPhone
    Ok so everything works for me but the "reply thread" button

  25. #122

    Default Re: new server

    very minor issue but i'd rather not see a notification in the place of every post from an "ignored" person

  26. #123
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,622

    Default Re: new server

    seth,

    desktop, clear all cache and reboot, you need mainly a dns refresh (you are using old dns there) laptop likely the same issue, but since it knows now where it is, it make no mistake

    if in doubt change your 1st dns server to 109.174.153.10
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  27. The Following User Says Thank You to able For This Useful Post:


  28. #124
    Remember #31 dohman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,326

    Default Re: new server

    I cannot reach pacersdigest.com to save my life. I have tried through 3 different phones, a ipad, and my desktop pc. I was lucky enough to find this link in google so I will bookmark it.

    Just wanted to give you a heads up able.

  29. #125
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,622

    Default Re: new server

    root@chronos:~# whois pacersdigest.com
    Domain name: pacersdigest.com

    Name Servers:
    chronos.able-towers.com
    gaia.e-span.com

    root@chronos:~# nslookup www.pacersdigest.com
    Server: 109.174.153.10
    Address: 109.174.153.10#53
    Name: www.pacersdigest.com
    Address: 109.174.153.101

    root@chronos:~# nslookup www.pacersfans.com
    Server: 109.174.153.10
    Address: 109.174.153.10#53
    Name: www.pacersfans.com
    Address: 109.174.153.101

    root@chronos:~# dig www.pacersdigest.com
    ; <<>> DiG 9.7.3 <<>> www.pacersdigest.com
    ;; global options: +cmd
    ;; Got answer:
    ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 23974
    ;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 2
    ;; QUESTION SECTION:
    ;www.pacersdigest.com. IN A
    ;; ANSWER SECTION:
    www.pacersdigest.com. 86600 IN A 109.174.153.101
    ;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
    pacersdigest.com. 86600 IN NS chronos.able-towers.com.
    pacersdigest.com. 86600 IN NS gaia.a3le.com.
    ;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
    gaia.a3le.com. 86600 IN A 109.175.153.100
    chronos.able-towers.com. 86600 IN A 109.174.153.10
    ;; Query time: 0 msec
    ;; SERVER: 109.174.153.10#53(109.174.153.10)
    ;; WHEN: Sat May 5 14:08:42 2012
    ;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 144
    root@chronos:~#


    http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.c...cersdigest.com

    It's just you. http://www.pacersdigest.com is up.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


Similar Threads

  1. Server problems?
    By cdash in forum Feedback
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-29-2010, 04:11 AM
  2. Server DOWNTIME
    By able in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-12-2009, 10:12 PM
  3. OT-For those who used my server
    By heywoode in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-07-2006, 09:53 AM
  4. OT-For those who used my server
    By heywoode in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-07-2006, 09:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •