Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 149

Thread: new server

  1. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IN
    Posts
    544
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: new server

    Nice work guys.


    @Pacers24Colts12

  2. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: new server

    I really like the clean and sophisticated look of the new version of vBulletin.

  3. #28
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: new server

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really like the clean and sophisticated look of the new version of vBulletin.
    Really? I was thinking the opposite. It seems to put a much higher value on graphical elements and de-emphasizes what I come here for (the text).

    Regardless, this'll probably be a really worthwhile upgrade from the backend alone. So who am I to complain?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  5. #29
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,994

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: new server

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Woah, as I was typing that, I got a little popup saying my post was auto saved. It does that now?
    This will be a blessing for the Odd Thoughts.

    I like this

  6. #30
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: new server

    I liked the old style better, but this loads so well!
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  8. #31

    Default Re: new server

    Thanks guys!

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Eddie Gill For This Useful Post:


  10. #32
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: new server

    I've already re-added moods, favorite teams/colleges, and the Thanks button (though the latter looks a lot different in this version; look to the far left, underneath the user's avatar and join date et al).

    This thread will document ongoing re-additions:

    http://www.pacersfans.com/showthread...9-Missing-mods

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  12. #33
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: new server

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I liked the old style better, but this loads so well!
    When I have more time, I'll try to make a template that resembles the previous style more.

  13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  14. #34
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,571

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: new server

    This looks really nice. I like the color scheme.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  15. #35
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: new server

    It looks like the Thanks statistics from the old software made it over!

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  17. #36
    Member Isaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,146

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: new server

    Thanks you guys for making this the best basketball forum in the world, and continuing to work to improve the site.

  18. #37

    Default Re: new server

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This looks really nice. I like the color scheme.
    Me too. Thanks to all of those providing the "room and board" in this Pacers house!

  19. #38
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,046

    Default Re: new server

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That was one of several features that are not provided directly from vBulletin; they were added with third-party modifications. I will have to re-add them, which I plan to do ASAP. I have to hunt for the v4 versions, but I'm confident that either all (or certainly most) will be available to add again.
    Can you now add more besides just Thanks? Other sites have Agree, Disagree, Helpful, Funny, and Love. Like this site; http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=474347

    It's helpful to know what others think of a post without them actually posting. Another one I just thought of, would be to let certain posters know how many other posters have them on ignore.

  20. #39
    Member Isaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,146

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: new server

    OT....

    When I clicked on my posts it took me to 2006 as being most recent. That was a lot of fun to read, I must say. I talked about how there's no way New Orleans would accept an Artest for David West trade and made a warcry thread for the Colts 2006 matchup against the Steelers. I also advocated trading Artest for Steve Francis.....

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Isaac For This Useful Post:


  22. #40
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,343

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: new server

    It's gonna take some getting used to, but pretty great stuff. I hope everyone realizes how great a fully featured fan forum this is. It's a better forum than just about all of the big general NBA message boards.

  23. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,024

    Default Re: new server

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I liked the old style better, but this loads so well!
    I agree, it was simple and clean. It is rare to see a fan site that was so well designed.

  24. #42
    Member Marlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Age
    28
    Posts
    891

    Default Re: new server

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's gonna take some getting used to, but pretty great stuff. I hope everyone realizes how great a fully featured fan forum this is. It's a better forum than just about all of the big general NBA message boards.
    Exactly. Thanks for the hard work guys!

  25. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IN
    Posts
    544
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: new server

    I don't like the color scheme we have right now. Seems more of Laker colors than Pacer colors.


    @Pacers24Colts12

  26. #44
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,960

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: new server

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersCenter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't like the color scheme we have right now. Seems more of Laker colors than Pacer colors.

    I dont see any purple?

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:


  28. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IN
    Posts
    544
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: new server

    Mine is a hardwood background with a white inside background. The buttons and bars in between posts are more purple to me than navy blue.


    @Pacers24Colts12

  29. #46
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,823

    Default Re: new server

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see we have a built-in mobile template now. Looks pretty good from my iPhone.
    +1

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:


  31. #47
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,555

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: new server

    I used the old hardwood style on the previous forum, so consider this a vote for implementing that when the high priority stuff is done.

    Thanks for all the hard work guys!
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  32. #48
    Professional Beachcomber mildlysane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Port Charlotte, Florida
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,263
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: new server

    Great job! Looks very professional! Thank you!

  33. #49
    Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,614

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: new server

    Very nice.

  34. #50
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: new server

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersCenter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mine is a hardwood background with a white inside background. The buttons and bars in between posts are more purple to me than navy blue.
    It is neither navy blue or purple. It is royal blue. I really don't see any hint of purple to it. Royal blue is just a lighter color blue than navy blue. It used to be the Pacers' blue.

Similar Threads

  1. Server problems?
    By cdash in forum Feedback
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-29-2010, 04:11 AM
  2. Server DOWNTIME
    By able in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-12-2009, 10:12 PM
  3. OT-For those who used my server
    By heywoode in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-07-2006, 09:53 AM
  4. OT-For those who used my server
    By heywoode in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-07-2006, 09:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •