Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: new server

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Default Re: new server

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    seth,

desktop, clear all cache and reboot, you need mainly a dns refresh (you are using old dns there) laptop likely the same issue, but since it knows now where it is, it make no mistake

if in doubt change your 1st dns server to 109.174.153.10
    Thanks Able, I'll try this tonight. I was hoping the explicit IP would bypass an outdated DNS table.

what i'd love is an easy "replied posts" button or such. So I could easily check which of my posts were replied to during the day and don't miss things / don't need to read everything every time I'm off for a few days.

there used to be an option to check thanked posts, so I used that to see which posts got attention, but I don't think that works anymore.
    Anyway, some easy quick option to check replies would be awesome.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If I go www.pacersdigest.com the site takes me to the Able Towers page. If I go pacersdigest.com the site takes me to the forum.

@Pacers24Colts12

Mood

Are you sure you don't have those two mixed up?

No joy on the desktop. Cache cleared, reboot, fixed DNS to Able's suggested DNS server IP.

I still get one of two things on that machine (IE or Firefox, so it's system based not browser)

1) If I enter www.pacersdigest.com it takes me to the webpage "Nowhere, Home of the Zaugurz Tribe"

2) If I use the explicit IP (found using Tracert on both laptop and desktop) I get what is clearly fresh information, but without any of the proper graphical structures of the webpage, and then if I try to use the displayed links they all come back as dead.
    www.pacersfans.com has the same effect

I did a connection repair to clean the local DNS cache too. Even if I Google for it I get the "Nowhere" site.

So freaking weird/annoying. This isn't really for Able at this point, just anyone who's run into this. Everything including the modem and router has been power cycled. Caches cleared. And I can trace to the IP just fine, the connection exists. It just doesn't fetch right.

Mood

At least one or two other users are having the same problem as Seth.

Update - just used the explicit IP to get to this thread, but with the same formatting issues I already mentioned (like it can't resolve where all the formatting stuff should be coming from).

If I go to 109.174.153.101/showthread (and so on) then it does go fetch the content correctly, but the links are dead, no background image, links and text have generic, poor structure. But I see my previous post even.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    No joy on the desktop. Cache cleared, reboot, fixed DNS to Able's suggested DNS server IP.

I still get one of two things on that machine (IE or Firefox, so it's system based not browser)

1) If I enter www.pacersdigest.com it takes me to the webpage "Nowhere, Home of the Zaugurz Tribe"

2) If I use the explicit IP (found using Tracert on both laptop and desktop) I get what is clearly fresh information, but without any of the proper graphical structures of the webpage, and then if I try to use the displayed links they all come back as dead.
    www.pacersfans.com has the same effect

I did a connection repair to clean the local DNS cache too. Even if I Google for it I get the "Nowhere" site.

So freaking weird/annoying. This isn't really for Able at this point, just anyone who's run into this. Everything including the modem and router has been power cycled. Caches cleared. And I can trace to the IP just fine, the connection exists. It just doesn't fetch right.
    Just throwing darts blindly at the dartboard now....but is this happening with both your desktop and laptop at the same location?

Is it possible that you may have a problem at the local internet connection on your end?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I REALLY hate to say this but the problem is on your end.

www.pacersdigest.com should at all times resolve to 109.174.153.101 and not 109.174.153.11 that is very iikely dns cache, dirty dns, it could also very well be that your isp (despite fresh dns lookups using my dns) offers up cache routes and cache pages, but in all it is pretty easy to check, go to any check dns site, like f.i. www.dnswatch.com and put in www.pacersdigest.com and it will tell you the above is correct.

clear browsercache, cookies and history, on all browsers, remove all tmp files in /users/name/appdata/local/

from Start –> Run –> type cmd and enter.
    ipconfig /flushdns

also if you changed dns (LANPORT/TYPE)properties>ipv4>properties>tick use the following dns; 109.174.153.10 and 8.8.8.8 then it can be your isp changed it back (windows allows that on certain forces settings in setting up a connection if your pc is the "main" connection (so others connect through it) or it just "overrides" your dns settings in the modem (change the dns on the modem)

many many options for this to happen.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to able For This Useful Post:

No, it's only on the desktop which never left the local location (obviously).

I was out of town with the laptop during the change.

Now running through the same router/modem the laptop is fine and the desktop is confused somehow. It won't fetch the page information like layout and graphics, only info/text. And that's only if I replace www.pacersdigest.com with the explicit IP address. And this despite the Tracert for www.pacersdigest.com from the desktop tracing to the correct IP.

So it's like it kinda fetches correctly from the DNS but somehow something is still cached and forces all the page layout info to search in the old location which no longer exists. I'm stumped as to why Tracert would pull the right IP but typing that address in sends me to a different IP. Since Trace is going through CMD then it's probably something in Windows (XP btw).

Able - It has to be my end obviously. I'm only asking here in case someone that's better with webpage fetching might hear the symptoms and understand what is broken. It sucks. Every other device is fetching correctly.

The "Nowhere" page looks local to you, just a few digits up on the IP. I assume it was one you setup as a catch bucket for fetches that ask for a non-existing location.

Mood

www.dnswatch.com didn't work, but www.dnswatch.info did.

Searching for www.pacersdigest.com A record at L.ROOT-SERVERS.NET. [199.7.83.42] ...took 10 ms
    Searching for www.pacersdigest.com A record at e.gtld-servers.net. [192.12.94.30] ...took 14 ms
    Searching for www.pacersdigest.com A record at chronos.able-towers.com. [109.174.153.10] ...took 19 ms

A record found: 109.174.153.101

Domain - Type - TTL - Answer
    www.pacersdigest.com - A - 86600 - 109.174.153.101

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm having the same problem as Seth...Tried changing the DNS Lanport Properties and also tried flushing the DNS to no avail. Here's what I'm getting from dnswatch.info:

Capture.JPG

Hicks, can you try to change the dns servers on your domain page into 1: chronos.a3le.com and 2 gaia.a3le.com ?
    all small bit help though this is very very small

Another trick for the users, open cmd and type "nslookup www.pacersdigest.com"
    it will tell you what server it asked and what the answer was, if it still happens you definintely have either hanging cache (delete cookies, very important) or your isp is caching

Sports Logo

One thing to try is to simply delete your TCP/IP protocol from your Network settings for your Local Area Connection, reboot and then re-install it again. Doing this may wipe out any existing TCP/IP settings on the O/S level and re-install/reconfigure everything from scratch. That....or delete your Local Area Connection, reboot and then add it back.

NOTE - Usually, you should be able to delete/re-install the TCP/IP settings without any issue....but if ( for some reason ), you are missing files....it maybe hard to re-install it.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Disable and enable works just as well and is lots less riskyMaking sure cookies and password data is deleted is key though

Btw notice this server is blazing fast with replies

18. The Following User Says Thank You to able For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    Hicks, can you try to change the dns servers on your domain page into 1: chronos.a3le.com and 2 gaia.a3le.com ?
    all small bit help though this is very very small

Another trick for the users, open cmd and type "nslookup www.pacersdigest.com"
    it will tell you what server it asked and what the answer was, if it still happens you definintely have either hanging cache (delete cookies, very important) or your isp is caching
    Done. Hopefully that helps.

Oh, and apparently Bob Kravitz is having trouble, too; he tweeted this morning wondering what ever happened to us and that he used to like reading comments here.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

ipconfig /dnsflush is your friend. At least if you are using Windows.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Mood

Apparently Bob was using pacersdigest.com and not www.pacersdigest.com . Is that going to change to where both work again?

Still can't get it...Not sure what to try anymore.

Maybe he edited his hosts file the last time there was a DNS change?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Apparently Bob was using pacersdigest.com and not www.pacersdigest.com . Is that going to change to where both work again?
    that should work again

27. The Following User Says Thank You to able For This Useful Post:

Not a huge deal but, is my post count and stuff gone? Join date as well.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by HD77 View Post
    Not a huge deal but, is my post count and stuff gone? Join date as well.
    Your posting from a new account. You can't sign into your old one? What was it? If you had one, e-mail me and tell me what it was; I'll reset your password so you can log back in with it and change your pw to whatever you want. hickspacersdigest@gmail.com