Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: Balcony seats vs. watching on TV

  1. #1

    Default Balcony seats vs. watching on TV

    The best seats I can afford for the presale are balcony seats. They're towards the front, let's say row 5. For those that have sat in the balcony before, have you ever regretted it and wished you were just watching on TV instead? If I could afford anywhere but balcony I would jump on those tickets in a heartbeat. I can't decide if I should get them or just watch in HD on TV instead.

  2. #2
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Balcony seats vs. watching on TV

    NEVER. Not a bad seat in the house at the Bank and the atmosphere is unmatched.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  3. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    John Ringo ApNeDtRiEeW's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kokomo
    Age
    26
    Posts
    357

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Balcony seats vs. watching on TV

    If you can go to the game, do it.

    The atmosphere is going to be insane,

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ApNeDtRiEeW For This Useful Post:


  6. #4

    Default Re: Balcony seats vs. watching on TV

    Looks like I'm going! I've never been to a playoff game at the Fieldhouse so I guess I'll have to go just to experience that.

    Thanks guys!

  7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ASkin_ANight For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,908

    Default Re: Balcony seats vs. watching on TV

    I've never even been at the Fieldhouse.

  9. #6
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,517

    Default Re: Balcony seats vs. watching on TV

    It's so much better at the Bank. Easy decision.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:


  11. #7
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,794
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Balcony seats vs. watching on TV

    As the others alluded, you can't beat the atmosphere. All I could afford was balcony seats also. If you are looking for a reason to push you more towards going, then look at it like this. Your butt in a seat at BLF is one less potential Heat fan we have to deal with.
    Last edited by HC; 05-12-2012 at 12:15 PM. Reason: spelling
    "Can you take away every single day that we have given to another false prophet" -- Corey Taylor

  12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HC For This Useful Post:


  13. #8
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,185

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Balcony seats vs. watching on TV

    Go to the Fieldhouse. i have no idea how the FSI broadcast of Game 5 went, but if you watched on NBATV, you have NO CLUE how raucous that crowd became in the fourth. You could barely even hear the Beat the Heat chants on the telecast. Very disappointing on their part. (in contrast, ESPN apparently stuck their crowd mic in Area 55 for game 1 )
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  14. #9
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,794
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Balcony seats vs. watching on TV

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Go to the Fieldhouse. i have no idea how the FSI broadcast of Game 5 went, but if you watched on NBATV, you have NO CLUE how raucous that crowd became in the fourth. You could barely even hear the Beat the Heat chants on the telecast. Very disappointing on their part. (in contrast, ESPN apparently stuck their crowd mic in Area 55 for game 1 )
    Beat the Heat is getting painted all up on my car for the trip down!
    "Can you take away every single day that we have given to another false prophet" -- Corey Taylor

  15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HC For This Useful Post:


  16. #10
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Balcony seats vs. watching on TV

    I've been in the lowest level (the 76ers ESPN game) and the balcony (for opening night, both Bobkitties and the Bulls games plus game 2 in the playoffs) and in terms of view, both are incredible seats. Like I said before, view wise, there isn't a bad seat in the house. The atmosphere is present everywhere with no shortage of sound. The only clear advantage I found in the lowest level was photo opportunities.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  18. #11
    Member pacers74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Plainfield
    Posts
    2,288

    Default Re: Balcony seats vs. watching on TV

    Like everyone else has said it doesn't matter where you sit at BLF. We either sit in club level (if I get a good deal), or balcony at the ends. They are good seats and the rows only go up to around 12 or 13 in the sections we sit in. We sat in section 215 for game 1 and game 5 of the playoffs. They are great seats you can see everything. We paid 30 total for 2 tickets to game 1 and 42 for game 5. You can't beat that.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to pacers74 For This Useful Post:

    RWB

  20. #12
    Thanks Kesty! Pig Nash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Balcony seats vs. watching on TV

    I like anywhere along the sideline. Don't really like watching from the baseline, but don't care how far up really.

  21. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,311

    Default Re: Balcony seats vs. watching on TV

    Quote Originally Posted by pacers74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like everyone else has said it doesn't matter where you sit at BLF. We either sit in club level (if I get a good deal), or balcony at the ends. They are good seats and the rows only go up to around 12 or 13 in the sections we sit in. We sat in section 215 for game 1 and game 5 of the playoffs. They are great seats you can see everything. We paid 30 total for 2 tickets to game 1 and 42 for game 5. You can't beat that.
    What he said.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  22. #14
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Balcony seats vs. watching on TV

    I'd say go. If it were the regular season, you may have a decision to make, but you can't beat the playoff atmosphere. Besides, we need as many Pacer fans as possible to pack the building.

  23. #15

    Default Re: Balcony seats vs. watching on TV

    Playoffs are always worth going to.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:


  25. #16

    Default Re: Balcony seats vs. watching on TV

    The thing with balcony is the type of crowd you get. There is no way for me to say it without sounding like some kind of snob, though I'm really just an average working dude.

    I typically spend my ticket money on club level because there is far less profanity, drunkenness and idiotic-22-yr-old-booze-fueled-stupidity than in the balcony. Not everyone in the balcony is a tool, but there sure are a lot more there than in club level.

    Just my take and I'd still say even a drunk Pacers fan is a better person than a sober Bulls fan.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Banta For This Useful Post:


  27. #17

    Default Re: Balcony seats vs. watching on TV

    Quote Originally Posted by Banta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The thing with balcony is the type of crowd you get. There is no way for me to say it without sounding like some kind of snob, though I'm really just an average working dude.

    I typically spend my ticket money on club level because there is far less profanity, drunkenness and idiotic-22-yr-old-booze-fueled-stupidity than in the balcony. Not everyone in the balcony is a tool, but there sure are a lot more there than in club level.

    Just my take and I'd still say even a drunk Pacers fan is a better person than a sober Bulls fan.
    After years of sitting courtside or in the lower level and spending the last few years in the balcony, I'd have to wholeheartedly disagree! In terms of the drunkeness or profanity you are referring to, the lower level was much worse imo.

  28. #18
    Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Crawfordsville, IN
    Posts
    2,583

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Balcony seats vs. watching on TV

    If it was the regular season I would have to say watch it on TV, but the playoffs are a great experience...

  29. #19
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,967

    Default Re: Balcony seats vs. watching on TV

    I sooo wish I could afford 2 tickets to go to one of the playoff games and take my newly aquainted teenage daughter...

    I just recently had her come into my life after her mother had took off out of state before she was born and I never got to know her... (daughter is now 15yrs old) and she pretty much hounded her *censored* mother to come back to Indiana and to let her become a part of my life because she wanted to get to know me... So now the mother all at once decides to pour salt in the wound and that she want's child support (even though she makes alot more money than I've ever made) after totally ruining my life by taking a child at the time I thought was mine ,but wasn't sure... and making sure I never got a chance to be that baby's father.. by moving out of state and disappearing off the face of the map making sure I couldn't locate her.... First let me say .. it is NEVER the "supporting of my child" that's ever been an issue with me.... it's the whole circumstances and how I was wronged, along with my daughter, as to why I am livid .... That this evil woman is gonna demand back support, putting me in dire financial debt because SHE chose to skip town and live her life making sure I had no way of knowing where she or child was......It really sucks that fathers have no rights and that things like this can happen to good honest men... but yea financially I am having a difficult time since all this happened almost immediately after I had my family crisis with my dad having his bypass surgery that I posted about awhile back here on PD, and a few of my Pacer's Digest brothers on here had helped out my family .. After having no luck in finding any employment, a family friend helped me start my own business as an independant subcontractor doing building maintenance , cleaning and floorcare... and I got 1 decent contract already doing floorcare, cleaning and building maintenance at a medical health clinic 5 nights/week and then for 3 hrs each day during the daytime, but after bills and child support, I can't afford to rub 2 nickels together to stay warm.. lol ' But ya gotta start somewhere right?

    As far as this whole situation with my kid and her mother, It's a much longer story I'll save for another time another place, or not at all.. .. lol But any and all of you would be pretty upset and livid if you had this happen to you for absolutely no reason whatsoever, other than the mother was batchit crazy, selfish and had no regard for anyone's feelings or wants but her own ..and to disappear for 14/15 years

    But suffice to say ...to make it short without getting into all that.. I'll just put it this way , both myself and my daughter were SEVERELY WRONGED. But now at least we get a second chance... better late than never...
    And I am trying to do the best I can in learning how to be a dad, even though I don't know the first thing about fatherhood..or much even how to properly communicate... due to being deprived of the natural learning process of becoming a dad and growing with one's child...then all at once having a 15yr old suddenly appear in your life..

    But anyways, she loves basketball and plays on her highschool team and loves the Pacer's I am told.... So I thought as a way to spend time with her, if I could somehow find a way to take her to one of the playoff games vs Miami, that she would really love it , and it would be a great father daughter bonding experience..... (Yea yea, I know) balcony could probably be gotten what would be considered very cheaply priced.. but what is cheap to some, is alot for me right now...


    So, if anyone hears of , or knows of ANY contests or promotions or give-aways that the Pacers front office or marketing may be having , PLEASE pm me any info , I'd really appreciate it ... I'm not asking for any charity or handouts, just any info on the above mentioned...


    I've only been to one Pacer's game ever, and that was last year... Was the best time I have had in a very long time... So I know she would enjoy it, and maybe strengthen our new father-daughter relationship...

    Thanks PD... Appreciate ya'll letting me ramble on .. and for any info anyone may be able to pass along...
    Last edited by Kemo; 05-12-2012 at 04:03 AM.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:


  31. #20
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,463

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Balcony seats vs. watching on TV

    Reasons I go to the game no matter where the seats are:

    1) I get to pick what I'm looking at instead of having to go with what the producer chooses.
    2) I don't have to put up with the inevitable digressions where the talking heads babble about some night club or whatever - not so much a problem with local broadcast teams, but national broadcast guys often act like they'd rather be anywhere but watching and commenting on a basketball game.
    3) I'm with other people instead of being a hermit.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  33. #21
    Pacers Fan For Life J7F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Seymour, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,055

    Default Re: Balcony seats vs. watching on TV

    Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it was the regular season I would have to say watch it on TV, but the playoffs are a great experience...
    This... You will only catch me in the nosebleeds during the Playoffs or if someone gives me free tickets... Outside of that I only go lower level... I was spoiled at a young age with my Dad having 17th row season tickets from 98-04... Then when I had my job sitting floor level rotating the ads on the scorers table I got even more seat snobby...

    Really though I feel like I have a better view from my couch than I do even the club level... Only Playoff excitement makes it worth it to me...
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

  34. #22

    Default Re: Balcony seats vs. watching on TV

    Quote Originally Posted by J7F View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This... You will only catch me in the nosebleeds during the Playoffs or if someone gives me free tickets... Outside of that I only go lower level... I was spoiled at a young age with my Dad having 17th row season tickets from 98-04... Then when I had my job sitting floor level rotating the ads on the scorers table I got even more seat snobby...

    Really though I feel like I have a better view from my couch than I do even the club level... Only Playoff excitement makes it worth it to me...
    That sounds like the best job ever.

  35. #23
    PROUD 2 B A PACERS FAN! xtacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    TURKEY
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,729

    Default Re: Balcony seats vs. watching on TV

    don't think about it just go to the game.

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to xtacy For This Useful Post:


  37. #24
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,579
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Balcony seats vs. watching on TV

    Quote Originally Posted by Banta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The thing with balcony is the type of crowd you get. There is no way for me to say it without sounding like some kind of snob, though I'm really just an average working dude.

    I typically spend my ticket money on club level because there is far less profanity, drunkenness and idiotic-22-yr-old-booze-fueled-stupidity than in the balcony. Not everyone in the balcony is a tool, but there sure are a lot more there than in club level.

    Just my take and I'd still say even a drunk Pacers fan is a better person than a sober Bulls fan.
    This, all day.

    In terms of view etc, nothing wrong with balcony at all. However, I've sat there twice and seen some ridiculous stuff, like screaming at kids etc. However, that was due to all the Bull fans, so that has to be taken into consideration.

    I usually go club level, too. It's worth it for me not to have to worry about the idiocy going on around me.

  38. #25
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Balcony seats vs. watching on TV

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This, all day.

    In terms of view etc, nothing wrong with balcony at all. However, I've sat there twice and seen some ridiculous stuff, like screaming at kids etc. However, that was due to all the Bull fans, so that has to be taken into consideration.

    I usually go club level, too. It's worth it for me not to have to worry about the idiocy going on around me.
    Admittedly, I curse a LOT at Pacers games, but mostly to myself. However, I go apesh*t at certain games (ech hem Bulls/Heat) at their fans, including yelling the "F" word when they start chanting and such. I am not of age to drink so I am always sober. I'd like to remember the games anyway.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

Similar Threads

  1. balcony seats for 2/11/11 against T-Wolves
    By drewdawg in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-11-2011, 04:26 PM
  2. balcony seats 2/9/11
    By drewdawg in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 04:27 PM
  3. Two (2) balcony seats for Hawks game 11/16/10
    By drewdawg in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-16-2010, 11:03 AM
  4. Balcony sold out, but club and lower level seats available
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-03-2006, 01:22 PM
  5. Balcony seats
    By Roaming Gnome in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-13-2004, 04:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •