Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The sky isn't falling!!

Default The sky isn't falling!!

Everyone's gotta relax, we lost one game...ONE. With the posts iv been seeing around here, you would think we just got swept by the magic. We have to stand behind our pacers, they had an off game. We gotta stop giving up on them so damn quickly. It's been a hell of a season so far, and isn't over yet..not anytime soon either imo

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to stephen For This Useful Post:

Default Re: The sky isn't falling!!

True dat. To be fair a lot of the posts were from last night, and I'll admit I was pretty p***ed for a few hours after the game. How could you not be???

Cooler heads seem to be prevailing today.

If the Pacers win tomorrow, all will be well.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't think the sky is falling, but I am pretty damn disappointed in how they played last night. It was nothing close to what they're capable of doing.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Again, it could be worse. I'd rather have had us lose than win and use our best player for the year because we were playing them when the game was all but decided.

We may have lost the battle, but we have not lost the war yet.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

People here and people on the internet/media in general tend to overreact to things. It's just the nature of society. Everyone was simply let down by poor play from the Pacers ALL night. NO ONE seemed confident with the ball. You have to believe in yourself. Paul George passing up a wide open look is ridiculous. I don't care if you've missed 4 shots in a row from that spot. You adjust and take the shot. Danny missed the game closing free throws, George Hill displayed some of the worst guard defense I've ever seen...

Yeah, it wasn't pretty. But you know what? Despite all of the disappoint and awful play, we still put ourselves in a great situation to win the game. If the Pacers play at all like they've shown us in the regular season, then this series is over. We are an extremely young team. Having the postseason jitters is understandable. I hope Danny and co come out guns blazing tomorrow night.

I'm glad that Wells posted that Danny got up 800-900 shots today and then stayed at least a half an hour after practice shooting FT's. I think we will see a much more focused team Mon night.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JBones19 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Any time a team comes out and plays like that in the playoffs, you have to be worried.

Reggie Millers soul died watching Danny Granger last night.

I'm not saying the series is over, in fact I still think we will win. However, I no longer think we stand a chance in the second round.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Any time a team comes out and plays like that in the playoffs, you have to be worried.

Reggie Millers soul died watching Danny Granger last night.

I'm not saying the series is over, in fact I still think we will win. However, I no longer think we stand a chance in the second round.
    I think you're right unless the Pacers just beat the crap out of the Magic next game. Then I'll believe we have chances against the Heat. Should we not win, however, there will be lots of this:

I hope it was a learning experience, to have flat-out choked like that. No other way to say it or sugar coat it- the game was right there and they withered rather than step up. If they have the character that I think they do, they will be determined to not let it happen again.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

I really don't see this going beyond 5 games... with the pacers winning. We came out with an "oo this Magic team doesn't have dwight howard, we should beat them no problem". It was a wake up call for this team and you can tell they were all stunned. I expect us to come out tomorrow and light it up. We also need help from our bench...Tyler played good but Barbosa can't be given 20 min of PT and only have 3 points and 1 assist. And i expect Danny Granger will come out with more passion than he had before. This guy is loyal to this organization and all the bashing of him was BS, everyone makes mistakes. He choked once. This guy has heart. Another thing is George Hill needs to step up. He let jameer have his way last night and thats not like him. I think we should feed David West as much as we can, no way Ryan Anderson should be able to guard him. we played as worse as we possibly could... and we need to prove a point in tomorrow nights game.
    Last edited by PacerPenguins; 04-29-2012 at 08:20 PM.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

COME ON!
    When you close your eyes and think about our team compared to the Miami Heat, do you really see us winning a series against them????????

I mean look where we were 3 years ago, where we were last year and where we are now!
    In all honesty, I can not understand how certain people arent satisfied so far??? Damn, this team plays great and it's just the first season of what could be a great era!
    Larry Bird had patience and build up a team that won more games than expected this year. Why do certain people have such unbelievable visionary expectations is beyond me!
    I think it's smart to look at this team with patience and recognize that their development into a real contender won't come over the course of a shortened season. Last year we won just 1 game as the 8th seat, this year we are the 3rd seat, if that's no development I don't know what is?!

People seem to forget that the players of this great team know exactly that this game yesterday was pure BS and despite all of that, we nearly won.
    We all know the work ethic of a Danny Granger,Paul George, Roy Hibbert and all the other guys...they know they can do better and I am convinced that they learned a lesson yesterday! That's the positive take away from a Game One Loss. You better recognize at the beginning what can go wrong and then you go from there, cause you have enough time to turn things around!!!

I think the next step for this franchise is to win this series and everything after that is just nice!

I know we all were disappointed yesterday, but no need to lose track of reality, cause Larry Bird build up a really great team. I am 100% behind them!
    GO PACERS!!!

PS: If we just hit our freethrows, we will win...sometimes it's just that easy !

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to InYaFace For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by InYaFace View Post
    COME ON!
    When you close your eyes and think about our team compared to the Miami Heat, do you really see us winning a series against them????????

I mean look where we were 3 years ago, where we were last year and where we are now!
    In all honesty, I can not understand how certain people arent satisfied so far??? Damn, this team plays great and it's just the first season of what could be a great era!
    Larry Bird had patience and build up a team that won more games than expected this year. Why do certain people have such unbelievable visionary expectations is beyond me!
    I think it's smart to look at this team with patience and recognize that their development into a real contender won't come over the course of a shortened season. Last year we won just 1 game as the 8th seat, this year we are the 3rd seat, if that's no development I don't know what is?!

People seem to forget that the players of this great team know exactly that this game yesterday was pure BS and despite all of that, we nearly won.
    We all know the work ethic of a Danny Granger,Paul George, Roy Hibbert and all the other guys...they know they can do better and I am convinced that they learned a lesson yesterday! That's the positive take away from a Game One Loss. You better recognize at the beginning what can go wrong and then you go from there, cause you have enough time to turn things around!!!

I think the next step for this franchise is to win this series and everything after that is just nice!

I know we all were disappointed yesterday, but no need to lose track of reality, cause Larry Bird build up a really great team. I am 100% behind them!
    GO PACERS!!!

PS: If we just hit our freethrows, we will win...sometimes it's just that easy !
    We could maybe, I stress maybe, give the Heat problems if we take advantage of their mediocre point guards and bad centers. Of course, last night was a good sanity check on these aspirations.

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

One thing I have mentioned and seen a few other people mention is that this team is not used to playing in front of big crowds. Every time the BLF was sold out this year it seemed like we lost except for the OKC game. I think a lot of guys were nervous and it showed towards the end of the game, George Hill didn't look very confident the whole game. I hope we come out and make a statement tomorrow and show that we are worthy of being a good team and can win in big games.
    Last edited by PGisthefuture; 04-29-2012 at 09:19 PM.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

One reason I didn't post right away was because I was super PO'd and totally irrational.

But the 2001 Pacers called me and said "hey, remember how we won game 1 in Philly and went on to the 2nd round...oh, you don't...yep, neither do we". It was a rough call and I had to talk them down off a ledge I think and they spent a good 40 minutes obsessing about whether Patron is really a good tequila. But it was a good talk and we all got that sense of failure out of our systems.

For those of you who haven't had the 2001 Pacers make a drunken 1 AM call to you and forget what their issue is, it's that after stealing game 1 79-78 in Philly they went on to lose the series in 4 games. This started when Philly went ahead, puffed up their chest and smacked them right across the mouth with a 116-98 beating in game 2. This despite Reggie going for 41 points on 14-22 because game 1 final minutes non-factor Iverson decided to run off 45 points of his own.

Anyway, hopefully the Magic will be the next group on the phone working out their failure to capitalize on a good start issues. And opinions of fine liquor of course.
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 04-29-2012 at 11:51 PM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JBones19 View Post
    I'm glad that Wells posted that Danny got up 800-900 shots today and then stayed at least a half an hour after practice shooting FT's. I think we will see a much more focused team Mon night.
    How about his dribbling? Rebounding? Defense? The only thing he put in extra time on was his shooting? That tells me were his mind is at. After going 7-20, I don't know that the team needs him shooting more, but I'll bet that he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    How about his dribbling? Rebounding? Defense? The only thing he put in extra time on was his shooting? That tells me were his mind is at. After going 7-20, I don't know that the team needs him shooting more, but I'll bet that he does.
    This seems like criticism just to criticize. This is about extra practice; he's the only guy in the gym.

After going 7-20, the answer is probably he needs to shoot better, not shoot worse. If he goes 8-20 OR 3-4 on his free throws on the night, we most likely win that game. And if he's 9/20 we definitely win.

Plus, his defense and rebounding were good: Turk was held to 3/10 shooting and Danny pulled down 8 rebounds. And you're gonna tell me you'd rather him spend an hour doing dribbling drills than working on solidifying his form? No doubt he needs some ball handling help, but in limited time 1 session won't help that much.
    Last edited by aamcguy; 04-30-2012 at 09:21 AM.

Well actually the sky is falling or at least the homeless guy under the Penn St. railroad overpass thinks so. Walking back to the lot the homeless guy asked if the Pacers won? When I told him no... his response "well *****". You know a game hurt big time if a Pacer game upset's a guy without a home.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

26. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

You're kidding here, right?

A guy shooting at about 33% and missing FTs is doing something wrong by staying after practice taking shots?

BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

While the sky is not falling, it is horrbile that we allowed at best a split to start this series. We allowed them to stay in the game. We were not proactive and active. We were not smash mouth.

The game plan better change tonight. Or this season will be no better than last. The results that is.

My opinion of Saturday's game will be dictated by the Pacer's effort in tonight's game.

If they win big tonight, then Saturday was just a "Welcome to the Playoffs" game that all playoff "rookies" have to go through. No biggie.

If we win by a nose (or, god forbid, lose) with a similar effort, then a) I will be upset with both efforts, and b) I will be very concerned for our immediate future.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to FlavaDave For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Well actually the sky is falling or at least the homeless guy under the Penn St. railroad overpass thinks so. Walking back to the lot the homeless guy asked if the Pacers won? When I told him no... his response "well *****". You know a game hurt big time if a Pacer game upset's a guy without a home.
    Be sure to say hello for me if you ever run into OlBlu again.....

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TheDavisBrothers For This Useful Post:

Guys, what I am saying is that there are other facets of his game that could stand the work more than his shooting. No, I don't like seeing him go 7-20 or the like, but I think if he is going to spend extra time, he would be well served to work on his handles, and that sort of thing. If he improves his ability to get into the lane, then he likely get to the FT line more.

I just worry at times that Granger thinks it is all about him getting shots, that is all.

Undefeated

I fully expect the Pacers to win tonight, and win fairly easily. The problem with Saturday's game was that Orlando was awful, yet somehow the Pacers managed to be worse. I think it was just about the worst game I've seen them play this year, and it was in the playoffs.

It was odd in that sometimes you're just going to miss shots or have a bad night, but the problems on Saturday frequently stemmed from the players looking slow, lacking aggression, and IMO, some really odd substitutions from Vogel. Hibbert wasn't even running up and down the floor for a good few minutes in the third he was so tired. Hell, he couldn't even stand up straight.

I don't think we'll miss the free throws or the uncontested jumpers again tonight, but I am worried that West and Hans were about the only two players who really seemed to hustle.
    Danger Zone

Undefeated

I just worry at times that Granger thinks it is all about him getting shots, that is all.
    I'm worried that we ran iso for Granger again in the playoffs at the end of the game after the utter failure in the playoffs last year. I don't think that's on Granger, I think that was the play call because no one moved or set a screen.
    Danger Zone

Banned
    Mood

I'm not overly concerned. I expect this loss to light a fire in our team and for them to run off four in a row, or at least four out of five.

If they lose tonight... then I start to worry.