Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 66

Thread: NFL.com on the Colts Draft

  1. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe Brady went out for the season early a few seasons ago and the Pats slipped to 11 wins with a QB that had not started a game since high school.....
    INCORRECT. Matt cassel started a game in college...just not at quarterback...he started at running back against california

  2. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess I will stop feeding the troll since you can't seem to find a comeback to that post.

  3. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NFL.com on the Colts Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess I will stop feeding the troll since you can't seem to find a comeback to that post.
    I gave you a comeback. I said your post was ********..... You didn't answer mine. I said if he Colts had been 10-6 and Peyton had been healthy would they have found a way to resign all of the players and make another run. You never answered that. The answer is, of course they would have........

    Why am I a troll because I don't agree with you? Why aren't you a troll then if you disagree with me?

    There is a big double standard at play here.......

  4. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Exclamation Re: NFL.com on the Colts Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    INCORRECT. Matt cassel started a game in college...just not at quarterback...he started at running back against california
    Well, excuse me......

  5. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I gave you a comeback. I said your post was ********..... You didn't answer mine. I said if he Colts had been 10-6 and Peyton had been healthy would they have found a way to resign all of the players and make another run. You never answered that. The answer is, of course they would have........

    Why am I a troll because I don't agree with you? Why aren't you a troll then if you disagree with me?

    There is a big double standard at play here.......
    If you could read my post you would understand the difference financially and mr. Polian was not the best at manipulating his cap figures. See just about every contract (bethea in particular)...players aren't gonna take a paycut to stay on a bad team. Its just reality. Read before calling something "BS" skip, I mean olblu

  6. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NFL.com on the Colts Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you could read my post you would understand the difference financially and mr. Polian was not the best at manipulating his cap figures. See just about every contract (bethea in particular)...players aren't gonna take a paycut to stay on a bad team. Its just reality. Read before calling something "BS" skip, I mean olblu
    And you didn't read that my scenario was with the Colts going 10-6 with a healthy Peyton Manning returning...... They would have found a way.... So, do a little reading. They would have been signing on for a run at another division championship and a possible Super Bowl run....

  7. #32

    Default Re: NFL.com on the Colts Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And you didn't read that my scenario was with the Colts going 10-6 with a healthy Peyton Manning returning...... They would have found a way.... So, do a little reading. They would have been signing on for a run at another division championship and a possible Super Bowl run....
    But being a 10-6 team runs into my point. THEY AREN'T. Winning teams get guys who take pay cuts so they can win more. 8-8 teams and losing teams just don't because people on those teams realize that it's highly unlikely that their pay cut is going to make a difference. Read posts before you post. Remember, you have to have the players ok to do ALL THOSE THINGS.

  8. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NFL.com on the Colts Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But being a 10-6 team runs into my point. THEY AREN'T. Winning teams get guys who take pay cuts so they can win more. 8-8 teams and losing teams just don't because people on those teams realize that it's highly unlikely that their pay cut is going to make a difference. Read posts before you post. Remember, you have to have the players ok to do ALL THOSE THINGS.
    Who said anything about taking pay cuts? The Colts wouldn't have had to to that. Do you think players take less money to play with the Pats?

    This is a business. Players go where the money is. The Colts could have kept Manning, traded Luck for a boat load of picks over two seasons and kept most of their good players....

    Do you think Mathis would have taken less money to join a good team like the Pats or NY Giants?

    Do you think Freeney would accept reworking his deal to take less money to play for the Packers?

    Irsay did a number on you. That man lied is *** off the entire season about everything and made sure the season ticket holders were locked in before he starting exterminating the Colts..... All of these draft picks and do mean all of them are 50/50 to be good players in the NFL when you factor in injuries and everything else. That is why they will not rebuild from this mess in three years. That would take an incredible run of good fortune (note I did not say "Luck").........

    The die is cast, lets get behind them and see what they can do. You can't fire any owner anyway (damnit)......

  9. #34

    Default Re: NFL.com on the Colts Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe Brady went out for the season early a few seasons ago and the Pats slipped to 11 wins with a QB that had not started a game since high school.....
    So you want to adjust the timeline to 10 years?

    Point is the end is near for the Pats it just may take 4 more years before Brady hangs it up and they start to rebuild.

    To answer your question to Dgreen the Colts couldn't keep Manning and everyone else plus trade down and draft RG3. That combo would take up 17% of the cap and add in the Freeney and thats another 15%. Keep adding a Dallas clark, Addai, Bracket and the available cap space becomes smaller and smaller.

    IRsay said the Colts were 10 million cash over cap and Polain before he was fired said the colts were 8 million cash over cap for last year.

    IF you subtract Collins 4 million and no one else leaving the team then your easily well over the cap number even with the expections to the cap ceiling.

  10. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NFL.com on the Colts Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you want to adjust the timeline to 10 years?

    Point is the end is near for the Pats it just may take 4 more years before Brady hangs it up and they start to rebuild.

    To answer your question to Dgreen the Colts couldn't keep Manning and everyone else plus trade down and draft RG3. That combo would take up 17% of the cap and add in the Freeney and thats another 15%. Keep adding a Dallas clark, Addai, Bracket and the available cap space becomes smaller and smaller.

    IRsay said the Colts were 10 million cash over cap and Polain before he was fired said the colts were 8 million cash over cap for last year.

    IF you subtract Collins 4 million and no one else leaving the team then your easily well over the cap number even with the expections to the cap ceiling.
    I didn't suggest they keep Manning and draft RGIII. I would have drafted a QB in the second round, say the one the Broncos drafted to back up Manning and develop. I would have used all of those draft picks we would have reaped to sign good defensive players and eventual replacements for stars like Freeney and Mathis.... That would have been easy to do. That cap can always be manipulated. Several deals could have been reworked to provide more space and pay guaranteed money down the line. Some players could have been dropped like Bracket because Angerer had already replaced him. Saturday could have been let go too to make room and let a replacement come in. Those two alone would have taken a lot out of the cap. I would have let Wayne walk and kept Garcon' and signed a high draft pick to replace Wayne. I would have let Dallas go and resigned Tamme..... (Peyton will make him a pro bowler (if they have one)...... I might have led Addai go and signed an RB (Brown isn't the answer there). There were lots of ways to rebuild and keep on winning. I don't think the Pats will hit rock bottom when Brady is done. I think they will have already rebuilt around him and will have been developing a QB to takeover. I suggest they will keep right on winning....... the good teams always seem to do that........

  11. #36

    Default Re: NFL.com on the Colts Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who said anything about taking pay cuts? The Colts wouldn't have had to to that. Do you think players take less money to play with the Pats?

    This is a business. Players go where the money is. The Colts could have kept Manning, traded Luck for a boat load of picks over two seasons and kept most of their good players....

    Do you think Mathis would have taken less money to join a good team like the Pats or NY Giants?

    Do you think Freeney would accept reworking his deal to take less money to play for the Packers?

    Irsay did a number on you. That man lied is *** off the entire season about everything and made sure the season ticket holders were locked in before he starting exterminating the Colts..... All of these draft picks and do mean all of them are 50/50 to be good players in the NFL when you factor in injuries and everything else. That is why they will not rebuild from this mess in three years. That would take an incredible run of good fortune (note I did not say "Luck").........

    The die is cast, lets get behind them and see what they can do. You can't fire any owner anyway (damnit)......
    I am not saying they would take less money to "relocate" and yes in most cases you have to take less money,TRUST ME. I studied this for quite a while. I couldn't pick Jim Irsay out of a line-up. You on the other hand just make up whatever you want to affirm your beliefs.
    Lets go back to your talk about the people who thought that RG3 was a better QB than Luck:
    Bill Parcells: He drafted Chad Henne. Quincy Carter? Drew Bledsoe (In a smaller fashion)?
    Brian Billick: Do I need to remind anyone of Kyle Boller? Elvis Gerbac? Steve McNair? Tony Banks? Anthony Wright?
    Phil Simms: Is he ever right?
    So this is my point. You just find some random draft guy who agrees with you and you say "I must be right look at this!" Consider the source.
    That's my final comment to you because no matter how much evidence is piled up in front of you to the contrary, You just gonna troll...

  12. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NFL.com on the Colts Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am not saying they would take less money to "relocate" and yes in most cases you have to take less money,TRUST ME. I studied this for quite a while. I couldn't pick Jim Irsay out of a line-up. You on the other hand just make up whatever you want to affirm your beliefs.
    Lets go back to your talk about the people who thought that RG3 was a better QB than Luck:
    Bill Parcells: He drafted Chad Henne. Quincy Carter? Drew Bledsoe (In a smaller fashion)?
    Brian Billick: Do I need to remind anyone of Kyle Boller? Elvis Gerbac? Steve McNair? Tony Banks? Anthony Wright?
    Phil Simms: Is he ever right?
    So this is my point. You just find some random draft guy who agrees with you and you say "I must be right look at this!" Consider the source.
    That's my final comment to you because no matter how much evidence is piled up in front of you to the contrary, You just gonna troll...
    So, Parcells, Sims and Billick have no credibility? Several Super Bowls in there. Everyone makes mistakes. You want to go over some of Irsay's draft busts? Bill Polian is probably the best general manager in NFL history. He built Super Bowl teams in three different places and given the opportunity and if he has enough time (he is getting old), he could do it again. I do consider these sources and I find them very credible indeed..... There are others who also agree with them like the folks who wrote the article that started this thread...... So, I repeat, in my eyes, you are the troll here who doesn't know what he talking about in regard to the cap and the talent..... RGIII is going to be a super star, Luck ain't ........

  13. #38

    Default Re: NFL.com on the Colts Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who said anything about taking pay cuts? The Colts wouldn't have had to to that. Do you think players take less money to play with the Pats?
    Brandon Llyod said this about the Pats before he signed.
    ďWinning is definitely the highest priority,Ē he said. ďIíve been in the league for ten years now and I donít look at the NFL as a place where I can hoard money and get as much as I can because itís the end of the world.Ē
    Chad Ochocinco
    ESPNís Adam Schefter reports that Ochocinco restructured his contract for the 2012 season, lowering his base salary from $3 million to $1 million.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:


  15. #39

    Default Re: NFL.com on the Colts Draft

    I would like to know what Olblu would be willing to bet on Luck being a bust. I am dead serious. If he isn't a bust I think an IP ban is needed lol

  16. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NFL.com on the Colts Draft

    We would not even be able to agree on what was a bust....... Peyton Manning was run out of town to make room for this man. I would think if he isn't 75% of what Peyton has been, he is a bust.... What is your definition and why should I be banned? Why shouldn't you be banned for demanding that I agree with your views?

  17. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NFL.com on the Colts Draft

    If he had not done that, Ochocinco would have been out of the NFL..... I don't see these as examples of people taking less to play on good teams. I see them taking less to just stay in the game....

  18. #42

    Default Re: NFL.com on the Colts Draft

    Lloyd took less money to be on the pats and its assinine to suggest he would be out of the league if the pats didn't sign him. He had a better offer from other teams but he want to win.

    I could come up more examples but I don't think it would matter.

  19. #43

    Default Re: NFL.com on the Colts Draft

    75% of Peyton has been is a bust? That is just laughable.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:


  21. #44

    Default Re: NFL.com on the Colts Draft

    My point is if the guy is willing to back-up his opinion with actual fact and not just throw up the :BS: flag I am cool with it. In my opinion, Olblu is just trying to stir up **** and get responses. It's all fascinating to be honest because what has he actually said
    "Statistically RG3 was the better QB"
    "Statistics can be skewed in any fashion you want."
    So which one is it? You have an opinion? That's cool but be consistent and don't just respond in whatever fashion is good for that point.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:


  23. #45

    Default Re: NFL.com on the Colts Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't suggest they keep Manning and draft RGIII. I would have drafted a QB in the second round, say the one the Broncos drafted to back up Manning and develop. I would have used all of those draft picks we would have reaped to sign good defensive players and eventual replacements for stars like Freeney and Mathis.... That would have been easy to do. That cap can always be manipulated. Several deals could have been reworked to provide more space and pay guaranteed money down the line. Some players could have been dropped like Bracket because Angerer had already replaced him. Saturday could have been let go too to make room and let a replacement come in. Those two alone would have taken a lot out of the cap. I would have let Wayne walk and kept Garcon' and signed a high draft pick to replace Wayne. I would have let Dallas go and resigned Tamme..... (Peyton will make him a pro bowler (if they have one)...... I might have led Addai go and signed an RB (Brown isn't the answer there). There were lots of ways to rebuild and keep on winning. I don't think the Pats will hit rock bottom when Brady is done. I think they will have already rebuilt around him and will have been developing a QB to takeover. I suggest they will keep right on winning....... the good teams always seem to do that........
    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't suggest they keep Manning and draft RGIII. I would have drafted a QB in the second round, say the one the Broncos drafted to back up Manning and develop. I would have used all of those draft picks we would have reaped to sign good defensive players and eventual replacements for stars like Freeney and Mathis.... That would have been easy to do. That cap can always be manipulated. Several deals could have been reworked to provide more space and pay guaranteed money down the line. Some players could have been dropped like Bracket because Angerer had already replaced him. Saturday could have been let go too to make room and let a replacement come in. Those two alone would have taken a lot out of the cap. I would have let Wayne walk and kept Garcon' and signed a high draft pick to replace Wayne. I would have let Dallas go and resigned Tamme..... (Peyton will make him a pro bowler (if they have one)...... I might have led Addai go and signed an RB (Brown isn't the answer there). There were lots of ways to rebuild and keep on winning. I don't think the Pats will hit rock bottom when Brady is done. I think they will have already rebuilt around him and will have been developing a QB to takeover. I suggest they will keep right on winning....... the good teams always seem to do that........
    The fact that you think not resigning Saturday and cutting Bracket would save a lot of money tells me that you have no clue about their contracts at all.

    IF you cut a player their dead money still counts against the cap. Cutting Bracket will save very little in 2012. All that backloading of contracts comes due when the players are cut which is why it doesn't work like your describing.

    For the 2012 season the Colts have to play with a cap number of around 82 million because 38 million will be dead money. This is why what you suggest is so ridiculous in the first place. Even with cutting guys they didn't have the money to resign Mathis, Garcon and Tamme.

  24. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NFL.com on the Colts Draft

    The meter is pegged again..... The Colts did resign Mathis although I do not know why. If they had not resigned Reggie Wayne, they could have resigned either Tamme or Garcon`

  25. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bloomington, IN
    Age
    21
    Posts
    24

    Default Re: NFL.com on the Colts Draft

    Let's get real here, the colts weren't going to win or even challenge for the superbowl this year, even with Peyton healthy. After last season I think its safe to say change was needed, because for the first time our players were exposed for what they are: undersized, and too relient on Peyton to save the day. Peyton could've come back and been great, but it doesn't change the fact that the other positions on the team were in need of replacement. Peyton wanted a chance to WIN, and as a team the colts could not help him do that. It was time for a change.

    Taking luck signals a fresh start, with an apparent change in philosophy as well. We can argue luck vs. Griffin all day, but if we build the rest of the team right, then it won't matter who the qb is, we will always have a chance to win.

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sbaker50 For This Useful Post:


  27. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NFL.com on the Colts Draft

    I don't agree with you. This team was only two years removed from going to a Super Bowl and won the division championship the year before. Bring Peyton back with that same team and he wins ten games or more and probably gets to the playoffs.... The fresh start you are talking about will be years of losing while Peyton will be in the playoffs and working to get back to the Super Bowl.....

  28. #49
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,285
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NFL.com on the Colts Draft

    Mark my words: In 5 years, Robert Griffin will be known as a bust. He is a glorified Troy Smith.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  29. #50

    Default Re: NFL.com on the Colts Draft

    They tried to resign Garcon but he wanted more money than they were prepared to pay so after Garcon signed elsewhere they went to Reggie. The point is that Reggie was a last resort not the first option.

Similar Threads

  1. Official 2010 NBA Draft Recruiting Center
    By Lance George in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2258
    Last Post: 06-23-2010, 01:21 PM
  2. The PD NBA Best Pick Left in the Draft 8
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-15-2008, 03:48 PM
  3. The PD NBA Best Pick Left in the Draft 2
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-24-2008, 09:42 PM
  4. The PD NBA Draft
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-21-2008, 04:55 PM
  5. Top Draft Prospects
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-18-2008, 11:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •