Thread: Fleener

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Fleener

This guy is gonna be a play/difference maker. He's a physical freak. In the last video you can see that he's extremely intelligent and well-spoken:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdy5mBxQ00E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR5vfSWBqyg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_8LfTS6xm8
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

They said he wasnt a very good blocker though. I kinda think we need some more bodies to protect Luck. It looked like he dropped though and the pick makes sense with him being from Stanford. I like it more than I dislike it
    I Bleed Blue

Quote Originally Posted by CreekShow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They said he wasnt a very good blocker though. I kinda think we need some more bodies to protect Luck. It looked like he dropped though and the pick makes sense with him being from Stanford. I like it more than I dislike it
    Allen is a good blocking and pass catching TE. The Colts also have Brody Eldridge who is a blocking TE.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I hear Allen is the best All-Round TE in the draft.. Thought it was crazy when they picked him but im pretty excited to have 2 really good TE's.. Even better than the Gronk/Hernandez mix in NE.

I am still a little disappointed the Colts didn't take the ball-hawking CB, Trumaine Johnson.. But im still pretty excited to have a very dangerous offense in the making. Two really good Pro-Bowl caliber TE's and a 4.3 speed WR added in this draft. Good job thus far Grigson.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ownagedood For This Useful Post:

The NFL is slowing evolving into a league where TEs are becoming almost as important as wide receivers. I didn't have a problem with picking two TEs last night, and I have even less of a problem with it now.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ownagedood View Post
    I hear Allen is the best All-Round TE in the draft.. Thought it was crazy when they picked him but im pretty excited to have 2 really good TE's.. Even better than the Gronk/Hernandez mix in NE.

I am still a little disappointed the Colts didn't take the ball-hawking CB, Trumaine Johnson.. But im still pretty excited to have a very dangerous offense in the making. Two really good Pro-Bowl caliber TE's and a 4.3 speed WR added in this draft. Good job thus far Grigson.
    People have to realize that we can run a 3 TE set now? LOL that is going to be crazy especially if we overload one side and run the ball.

So the Colts now have 3 TE's on the roster!
    Eldridge = great blocker but bad receiver
    Fleener = great receiver but bad blocker
    Allen = good but not great at both!

I really like the depth there. Can it rival what the Pats have at the TE position? Not sure about that, but I do think it can be really good!

Let's just all be glad that Charles and Green are gone now so the Grigs cant pick any more TE's in this draft! lol
    Last edited by troyc11a; 04-28-2012 at 01:09 PM.

Mood

I loved the picks netting both of the best TE's in the draft. Fleener is going to be really good, kind of like Dallas Clark as a weapon down the field and is more athletic. Allen can both block and catch the ball downfield. Great start for a young QB to get him some supporting cast he is already familiar with. I could envision a heavy set with Eldrige and Allen on the strong side run blocking and Fleener in the slot having to be covered by a LB. You would have to take that shot 9 out of 10 times.

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by troyc11a View Post
    So the Colts now have 3 TE's on the roster!
    Eldridge = great blocker but bad receiver
    Fleener = great receiver but bad blocker
    Allen = good but not great at both!

I really like the depth there. Can it rival what the Pats have at the TE position? Not sure about that, but I do think it can be really good!

Let's just all be glad that Charles and Green are gone now so the Grigs cant pick any more TE's in this draft! lol
    I thought Eldridge showed good hands and the ability to catch the ball. Is he a bad receiver because he doesn't get open enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Ownagedood View Post

Do you understand how good Fleener and Allen will have to be to be better than Gronk/Hernandez? When they were both healthy they were maybe the best pair of receivers on any team, let alone the best pair of TEs.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Do you understand how good Fleener and Allen will have to be to be better than Gronk/Hernandez? When they were both healthy they were maybe the best pair of receivers on any team, let alone the best pair of TEs.
    Gronk and hernandez were good because of tom brady so to reword your question it would be more of a reflection of andrew more than anything.

This te pairing will be top 3 in the league.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Fleener will be live on 1070 the fan in 5 minutes or so.